Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 4

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Rise Summer Event: Dark Skies | Path 4

Postby emblo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Writing Prompt!
    Username: emblo
    Clan Thread: adderclan
    Prompt Writing: 480 words
      the tom was left in utter shock as hecate and the oracle made their departure, unsaid words falling flat on his lips and crowding in his thoughts. he had meant to say a reply, but the she-cat's attitude was very unsettling. as one who normally kept his emotions carefully in check, the worry was now written clearly over his features. this was soon seen by wasabi as she stuck her head back in the den, her own anxiety present in her demeanor, though that was not out of the ordinary for her. she quickly glanced to the two intruders, then back to krait. seeing her leader exhibit these emotions only confirmed that something was very, very wrong. without even knowing the details, she was terrified. the clan had been at peace ever since her acceptance into it.

kraitstar was too lost to take notice of his clanmate, his eyes now narrowing sharply in thought, focusing on some insignificant pebble in the dirt. they'd relied on water since he had first taken claim of this land, the ocean providing for them most of what they needed. what could not be found in the tide pools was usually found in one of the many rivers leading out to it. while he was baffled by what precisely this riddle meant, if their water sources were affected in any major way, the clan would be left in ruins. "as the water rises" seemed to indicate a flood of some sort, which only increased his fear in the situation. were the water to run bad, they would struggle, but likely survive. a major flood would wipe clean their entire territory. they had to leave, right? as much as he despised this idea, it seemed logical. he knew it wouldn't be so simple.

as he was coming to this quick decision, he noticed wasabi slowly approaching, her steps evidently apprehensive in her slow crawl. she seemed to want to say something, her ears flat and tail tucked, but the tom quickly cut her off before she had the opportunity. "go get arugula." almost instantly, the she-cat scampered away, her steps urgent. he knew that neither wasabi, nor himself, would be sleeping that night, and knowing his deputy, the cat would be very angered that he wasn't alerted as soon as possible. there was little reason to wake anchovy or minnow, as he knew neither would adapt well to the situation.

there was also his most disliked clue: "two become one." the clan had made it along perfectly well without any sort of alliances, so being completely frank, krait didn't know how that could work out. they were solitary, despite the very occasional interactions at the boarders. arugula quickly materialized in front of him, the she-cat following quickly behind him. with a heavy sigh, krait began relaying the night's occurrences in the most detail he could muster.
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: DiamondDogg Caverns
Clan Thread: SilverClan
Prompt Writing:

As Hecate and The Oracle retold the she-cat the prophecy, she sat quietly, in shock, knowing exactly what may happen to her beloved clan.
"From gentle rain to roaring stream
water is a fickle thing.

The gift of life, the curse of death;
all feasible at its behest.

Heed our warning for these days to come:
as the water rises you'll be undone.

We give our answer in the same turn,
two become one or be submerged."

Silverstar and the clan have experienced many floods before, why would this one be different? Sure, the weather had been slightly different this season, but why should it be any different this time around? Rainwhisker came into the den, and Silverstar asked the pair of outsiders to leave the den for a little bit. She told the tom, her trusted deputy, the prophecy that Hecate and The Oracle had given her.
"But we've had floods before. They've never reached the camp, and they never will."
"But, Rain, the weather has never been this way this season, not even in our old home. We need to keep a check on the river."
"Alright, I do agree, but what about the two become one or be submerged part? Are we really able to trust Hecate and The Oracle? Should we trust them? I don't know, something about them seems off. I feel like they're not telling us everything, as odd as that seems."
"No, I feel the same. I can't tell whether we should fully trust them, but I do think we should take this prophecy seriously. I have two kits in the nursery. I'm worried, Rain, I really am." The she-cat sighed and hung her head low.
The gray and white tom looked at his leader, his eyes glowing with courage and strength. "We'll get through this together. Fallenleaves, and Clawpelt, and Smokestep, as odd as it seems, and Wolfthorn. We're all here. The clan will protect the kits and everything we've ever known. The Wolf and The Phoenix will protect us. I still have one life, but you have to be careful, you only have two left. We're still waiting on The Phoenix to arrive. Fish is also rising quick, and something that weakens us now isn't going to help us."
Silverstar looked up, Rainwhisker looking as ready to fight off anything as ever. "Thanks, Rain." The she-cat stood up, rising to her full height. "Something terrible is coming, Rainwhisker. We must be ready to fight and unite for anything."
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saltkinq » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Writing Prompt!
Username: Saltkinq
Clan Thread: The Clan of the Palms
Prompt Writing: Prompt 2
[
Saltkinq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Writing prompt 2 is now closed.
The art prompt will remain open for the rest of the event.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:02 pm

You have deliberated. Hecate needs a decision.
Will you band together like the prophecy foretold or will you make your own stand?

[United We Stand] [Divided We Fall]
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:18 pm

points awarded

☁Lady Raincloud☁: 5 rep
ThunderCry04: 5 rep
dewly_noted: 5 rep
wolfpack12: 5 rep
persona: 5 rep
Elliad.: 5 rep
klovesugar2: 5 rep
emblo: 5 rep
DiamondDogg Caverns: 5 rep
Saltkinq: 5 rep

as of: prompt 2, 9th of august
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

»»———— • ————««
The approach of sunhigh has your nerves on end, both expectant of and dreading the coming meeting. Your clan seems tolerant of their partnership, for the most part, more concerned with the unusual floods than they are of working with the rogues. Perhaps you should have taken it up with all of them originally. Then again, they might not have been eager to work with previous aggressors before the territory began getting submerged; disaster was a good motivator.

When it comes time to depart you take your healer and two of your warriors, not wanting to seem like you're distrustful of Hecate by bringing too many cats but wanting to be cautious, regardless. You won't be surprised if she has others at her side just as you do. The trip to the edge of your territory is dull, which you can only be thankful for. The quiet was better than the almost constant noise of flowing water that seems to occupy the air anymore. The quiet chatter of your clanmates behind you soothes your frayed nerves, proof you're all still alright for the time being. You can only hope it stays that way in the days to follow.

You reach the meeting place before Hecate and her cats, it seems, and all of you settle down to wait. You can't help but remember a similar situation when the rogues had first gotten to your territory, where you had had a meeting in much unfriendlier terms. You were sure you never imagined this, then; your clan working with the rogues against a common enemy. It was almost funny how fast situations could change.

A rustling shakes you out of your head and you snap to attention, ears shifting forward. A quick scent of the air calms you, the scent of the rogues clear in the air. They follow shortly, pushing into your meeting place. Hecate offers a nod of greeting and you return it before allowing your eyes to stray to her companions. Etna is present, along with Pan, and you're glad for the friendly faces. She has another cat you don't know with her, and after a quick once over you turn back to her. You understand why she may have left the Oracle at home, the tom wasn't the friendliest and didn't seem concerned with much of went on around him, but you're confused at the absence of Janus. He was a little two-faced based on your interaction with him but he was smart, and from what you understood one of her advisors; his presence seemed to be warranted.

Before you can second guess your inquiry, you open your mouth, "Did Janus not wish to come? This seems like something he'd be interested in." The immediate prickle of discomfort in the air tells you this was probably not a good subject, but before you can try to brush over it Etna is speaking up.

"He's dead."

You blink at the abruptness, started by the shift in the usually polite tom. It takes a moment longer for the words to sink in. "What," you snap out, more exclamation than a question, "When did it happen?" The tom had been nothing but kind to you and had played a part in stopping the war with the rogues before it happened. You can't help but be a little ruffled by it, even if you hadn't known him well.

Hecate's shoulder's raise a bit, her posture slouching. It strikes you, that even though they had seemed to be quarreling when you first met them, that she had been mending relations with her group. There was no telling how close they had ended up getting, and, from what you understood, they had been good friends before their original falling out. His death probably affected her more than it seemed to. "A few months ago," she eventually offers. "We don't know what happened." And you could imagine how much that stung.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to open old wounds." You shift uncomfortably on your paws, not happy with the tense shroud hanging over everyone now. Turning your attention to Etna again you ask, "How's Nike? She must be close to grown now?" It doesn't completely rid everyone of the somber mood but it's a good enough change in subject.

Etna practically lights up, as he seems to do with anything concerning his sister. "She is! Bigger than even Pan now," he chuckles, "And, between us, in a little bit of a moody young adult stage. She'll grow out of it eventually."

Hecate sends him a disbelieving look at this, and you can't help the snort of laughter when you remember that even as a kit she had quarreled with the tiny she-cat. To see them interact now.

Rolling her eyes Hecate cuts in, shaking off anything that shows beyond her usual indifference, "While catching up is pleasant, we have bigger concerns right now."

Despite the terseness of her tone, you can't help but agree. "Right. Did you get any more messages? Or figure out what they want us to do?"

The rogue leader shakes her head, tail lashing. "No, they've gone quiet. And I don't know beyond what the omen said. Clearly, we've seen what they meant by all the talk of water rising. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. And it clearly wants us to work together to solve it but I'm not sure how we're to do that. How do you stop the entirety of the earth from shaking?"

"I don't know. Perhaps there's something causing it? Something they mean for us to stop." You're grasping at tails, you know. All of you are working blind on this, but you can't imagine what else they could mean. They wouldn't tell you to work together to stop something with no cause, that would be pointless.

Everyone stews in silence for a moment, trying to puzzle out the riddle you'd been given when Pan speaks up. "You guys have good ancestors right? They're the ones that sent our healer the message. Don't you have bad ones too? Couldn't they be doing something?"

You all stare at him for a moment in various states of surprise. Your own healer is the first to recover, springing forward, eyes bright, "We do! They normally don't have enough substance to them to do anything but if something were stirring them up, perhaps they could."

"Stirring them up?" Hecate asks, eyebrows drawn, "What do you mean?"

"Some source of energy. Another cat, most likely."

"A cat's doing this? Who would want to ruin both groups?" You don't know who says that, too caught up in your own whirring thoughts, staring at Hecate. You shouldn't be so caught up on it, but something Pan had said bothered you. Their healer had gotten it, was what he had offered as an explanation, but on the first night in your den, Hecate had said the Oracle had received it. The old tom had no paw in healing last you remembered, and you don't know why Pan would call him that, anyway; not when he knew his name. Had they gotten a new healer after Janus? And if they had why wouldn't Hecate say the prophecy had come from them instead of the Oracle. Perhaps she had been- "Clan cat." Your attention jerks to Hecate, face curious. You could see the others looking at you in your peripheral as well. Had you missed a question?

Huffing, Hecate asks, again you assume, "Do you know of any cat that would have such a quarrel with you that they'd want to ruin your clan? Or my group?"

You shake your head in response, awareness filtering back in. Maybe you were thinking too hard about this, and it had just been a slip of the tongue. Like Hecate had said, you have bigger things to worry about.

"Well. Clearly, we won't solve who's behind it sitting here. Perhaps we can all send out more patrols. If a cat is causing this they have to be around." She turns her eyes to your healer, "Maybe try to talk to your ancestors? They may know. I'll ask the Oracle to try to as well."

"Talk to your elders too, maybe they remember events or old enemies you don't," Etna adds, smiling a little. "We'll figure this out, I'm sure."

You envy him his optimism, you have no such hopes over a quick or good conclusion. You can only wish to be proven wrong. "That's all we can do right now. I'll send word if we find anything, you'll do the same?"

Hecate nods, rising to her paws. "Luck be with all of us. Let's hope we can resolve this before cats start getting hurt." She signals for her cats to fall in behind her, leading them out of the clearing with head and tail high, exuding confidence you can't muster at the moment. You suppose you'll all see.

With a huff you get to your feet, waving your own cats into a loose group. "Let's head back. We can start looking into it when we're home." Despite yourself, you feel grim about the whole thing. If a cat was causing this you had more trouble than just the ever-rising on your paws. Any cat foolish enough to meddle with dark spirits was one that had no care for the havoc they brought about. This could easily be the end of all of you.

»»———— • ————««

Writing Prompt 4: How does your leader break the details of this meeting to their clan? Who does your clan think might be behind this?

Art Prompt 4: Draw who or what you think the threat is-- i.e, who/what's stirring the ancestors up. Theorize!

Hecate | Oracle
»»———— • ————««

Writing Prompt End Date: August 16th, 11:59 PM EDT

Code: Select all
[b]Writing Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:

Code: Select all
[b]Art Prompt![/b]
Username:
Clan Thread:
Prompt Art:

SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpack12 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: wolfpack12
Clan Thread: Crescentclan
Prompt Writing: [600/600]

" Let all cat's old enough to catch their own prey, gather here beneath high-ledge for a clan meeting!"

For once the she-cat felt her anger beginning to boil over. No, not at her clan. But at the possible chance that someone was foolishly messing with something far from their understanding. From what Mistflight had told her, spirits were not to be underestimated. Especially ones who were evil.

Below her she could hear her clan murmuring to one another. Only this time it was filled with deep curiosity and concern, instead of the anger and hatred she had seen last time. With a deep breath, she made her presence known.

" Janus is dead!", she announced. Barely managing to keep herself from flinching at her own words. Even thought it came from her own mouth, it still hurt to say it. A heavy silence filled the camp. Those who had been with her when they had first met the tom, now looked like fish out of water. Eyes wide open in disbelief. Others simply looked on in a mix of confusion and bewilderment. Before anyone could react further, Dawnstar had quickly moved on.

" As for Hecate and her group, they haven't yet received anymore messages from our ancestors, however we have come to a startling revelation... We believe a cat may be behind this omen, one who has been communicating with spirits of the dark forrest, if any of you know someone who may hold a grudge against either us, Hecate or both, speak up now!", she explained. Watching as her clan immediately fell into a frenzy. Some were pacing, others were frowning in thought and a few were even running. There was no doubt in her mind, that everyone was thinking as hard as they could.

" Could be the rogues!", Snowfang pointed out. Casting a subtle side glare at Moonshimmer and her kits. Only to shrink back when meeting Firecloud's blazing gaze.

" Unlikely, none of the rogues we've faced have ever shown interest in our ancestors, let alone their spirits!"

That outburst came from her mate, who seemed ready to whack the younger tom. At least until her son and daughter stepped in. But he did have a point, neither Thistle nor Leopardclaw's own father showed interest in what the clan believed in. So if it wasn't the rogues then who?

" I think it may be Oracle"

A sea of eyes moved to look in the medicine cat's direction." What makes you think that Mistflight?", Dawnstar asked. Her own curiosity getting the better of her. Sure she had her own suspicions about the tom, but she had at least hoped she was just imagining it.

" You heard what Pan said, their healer told them about the prophecy, not Oracle, what if he was the one who caused Janus's death in the first place?! Without him, Hecate will turn to Oracle for guidance, furthermore wasn't Oracle the one who claimed our ancestors supposedly gave them our territory? What better way to take all of it, than to interact with evil spirits and shatter our truce, I could be wrong, it may very well be someone else, but something about that tom doesn't feel right", Mistflight replied. Merely staring ahead of herself.

Dawnstar listened gravely to what her healer said, dread once more filling her heart. Before returning her full attention back towards her clan." Until I and Hecate meet again, I want cats patrolling the borders both night and day, if you see anything suspicious, report it in, all I ask is that you be careful, until then, meeting dismissed!", she said.
wolfpack12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: ☁Lady Raincloud☁
Clan Thread:
Prompt Writing:

"We still not gonna tell anyone?"

Edgewalker lead the ground back. It had been raining almost all day the past few days; thankfully a drizzle. There'd be more flooding on low ground if it got harder, and they still hadn't found Brokenshadow after he'd been washed away. Hopefully, he wasn't dead.

Emberbright was the one who spoke, as usual. The plump tom hurried to walk alongside Edgewalker, trying to match his taller strides.

"We'll say we're working with the rogues. Nothing more." The leader said after a pause, stopping for a minute. The rest of the patrol was falling behind; Crimsonsparrow, Blizzartdstripe, Snowsight, Ashclover and Crowface soon caught up, however.

"You noticed the slip." Crowface pointed out. It wasn't a question- it was a statement. Edgewalker smiled grimly at Crowface's usual perception as the same continued with. "You told us the Oracle received the vision, not their healer. Think it means anything?"

"Can't be sure." Edgewalker responded, jumping over a puddle and clambering over an outstretched root. Stopping again to shake out his damp her he added. "It might not be important at all."

"Janus used to be the healer." Crimsonsparrow meowed. "They must have a new fellow now... maybe that stranger Hecate had with her. She didn't introduce that one."

"Doesn't Janus's name have something to do with a two-faced human legend?" Emberbright quickly began. "Consider this; guy's not dead. He's faked his death and he;'s stirring up trouble for all of us."

"That's foolish." Ashclover grumbled, padding past them and stalking ahead without another word.

"I don't see you coming up with any ideas!" The young tom called after him.

"Everything's up in the air right now, and since I don't really believe in evil spirits being able to effect the living world I insist it's just weather. Perhaps the higher power that governs everything has sent a message, but that doesn't mean anything- or anyone- is causing a flood. Now that is foolish."

"Could be more than a flood coming..." Crimsonsparrow said worriedly.

Edgewalker looked to the skies through the trees. The group kept walking in silence after that. The leader glanced aside and noticed Snowsight watching him carefully, and as the others headed on, they slowed their pace to fall behind.

"You ok Ed?" His sister asked, turning her eyes back on the road again.

Edgewalker simply huffed in reply.

"I know you've been having a hard time since Temp died." His sister continued, drawing closer to him. She looked back up into his face and said. "I miss him too. We all do... and it would be nice to have his advice now."

Edgewalker nodded in agreement, saying. "If he'd been here we would have wound up helping the rogues sooner... maybe then
we wouldn't have lost Brokenshadow."

Snowsight smiled grimly and nudged his shoulder. "Hey, that's a bit superstitious for you, isn't it? Besides, Brokenshadow's a good swimmer. We've found no body yet and we'll keep searching until we do. I think he's probably still alive."

"You two are so slow!" came the screechy voice of Emberbright ahead of them. "Hurry up already!"
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elliad. » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 am

Writing Prompt!
Username: Elliad.
Clan Thread: Thornclan
Prompt Writing:

Thistlestar walked back into camp, holding his head low and letting his tail drag on the ground. As he entered the camp, Robinsong was waiting, nervously swaying her tail but her ears perked upwards when she noticed him, trotting over to where he was coming from. “So, what is the next plan of action?” She asked her leader.

“Gather the clan. We are having a meeting,” Thistlestar snarled, not stopping to even acknowledge his loyal deputy.

Robinsong could only watch as her leader continued, unable to even say anything in response. She trotted away, going to gather the clan so Thistlestar wouldn’t be any angrier than he currently was. As the clan gathered and Thistlestar stepped to his ledge, Robinsong stepped into the back of the crowd, choosing to observe from behind.

“We’ve got a traitor in our midst again,” Thistlestar snarled, snapping his tail against the ground as his hackles raised, “And I promise you, once I find out who it is, I’ll take care of the problem myself. We will not be betrayed again.”

Robinsong watched her leader in shock, realising that was the end of his so called meeting as he left the ledge that he had stood previously.

--

Thistlestar didn’t even bother to official end the meeting, too angered by what he had found, the betrayal of Duskstar still raw. “Thistlestar!” a cat yelled, rushing up to his side as he walked away towards his den.

He turned around, facing Hawkthorn, who looked concerned. “Who would betray the camp? Have you got any ideas?” The tom asked quietly, shifting around to make sure no other cat was listening in.

“I think you and I both know who it was,” he snarled, digging his claws into the ground below, flashing his fangs at the warrior who had the biggest motive to betray the clan. “After all, weren’t you apart of Duskstar’s inner circle? You’re the one behind this and I will prove it.”

“Look, I get that you blame me for Duskstar but I didn’t know anything then and I know even less now. I wouldn’t do anything that could harm Eagleclaw’s kits, you know that!”

“Do I, Hawkthorn?” Thistlestar asked, before stalking off, refusing to face the eyes of his clanmates as he heads to his den.

Hawkthorn is stood, mouth agape, as he suddenly holds himself high, shaking off the anger that was rushing through him. “You’re better than that,” he whispers to himself as he tries to keep his composure. As he walks back to the queen’s den, the tom thinks about the cats in the clan, creating a list in his head of who was likely to betrayal the clan.
x
xxxxxxx
Cosmos 🎀 They/Them 🎀 AUDHD !!
I am just returning from a long
hiatus and trying to get back into
it. I am starting with species then
hopefully role-playing will be next.
x
x
x
navigation !!
🎀 Kalons