goovolution 2023 | story (day 10)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: goovolution 2023 | story (day 3)

Postby castiiian » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:58 pm

☀ day 3 ☀
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:29 am

DAY 3
username: nio
choice: 1. she's telling the truth!
coins earned: 2
prompt:
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lupiine » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:44 am

DAY 3
username: keeshond
choice: 1
prompt: everything will be fine !!
Character and Art TradesTHDiscord; Lupine#4405
lupiine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:33 am

DAY 3
username: bakuraas.
choice: 1. she's telling the truth!
coins earned: 10 (1,007 words)
prompt:
    The air was tense, between the amount of goobies blocked behind the mass of stars to the almost silence that echoed throughout as Jystyr searched for guidance among his creation. Almost silence, because it was certain that Waktos was becoming hysterical at the barrier, though being silenced by Acryl, hushing him as he continued to regress to a goo-state, crying for the closest thing he had to a mother. To see a major gob like that, it was embarrassing in some ways, but the two other agels discussing the events at the moment weren't blaming the gob of the calendar for being so hysterical. Last year had affected him heavily, no doubt he'd cling to any semblance of possible reconciliation, for the hypothetical family to be put back together in some way- ideally not the way of the gobbess resetting all of reality, mind.

Alcibiades looked over to the goobie next to him, silent and unspeaking, seemingly waiting for the other to talk. When he didn't, the taller agel sighed. "I don't see why she would be lying, she looks genuinely injured. She attempted to walk, but failed. If she wasn't actually injured, she would have at least walked closer. Even with that in mind, if she really hasn't thought about all of this at least a little bit, she would not be referring to Jystyr by his name." The Blue agel that had been sitting next to him, Alioth, nodded at the ideas being put out there. "I agree, if she really wasn't in the progress of changing and acknowledging her self-centric tendencies, she wouldn't be using Jysytr's proper name. Additionally, It should be noted that if she doesn't convince Jystyr that she is well-meaning, those stars in her will no doubt be unable to be removed. After all, Fallen is the void of space, and Jystyr is the stars within it. It's not as if she could remove them herself and is playing it up for sympathy."

"Not to mention her consistent failures to destroy us might have finally gotten it into her head that she either cooperates with us or is eventually overthrown by a much more worthy goobie. if the gooble incident were to repeat itself at infinitum, there's no doubt that we would eventually make it so that every creature she creates turns against her, with out seemingly infinite power when working as a collective against any possible threat. After all, the removal of all goobies on earth and beyond it would not be good for the narrative, much more than the replacement of a gobbess, though both would be significant narrative events that would create plotline complication. So the most likely course of action is that this is a truth, and a step towards mending broken bridges, as they would say."

A few goobies looked at Alioth, somewhat shocked and honestly kind of concerned. Narrative? Plotline? What were they talking about? It was definitely enough to make some diabs that were standing near them to back up a little, not trusting the language they were using, especially when the gobbess was around. Alcibiades seemed to understand completely however, nodding and bringing a paw to his face in order to think. "Quite right, my friend. So it'd only be logical that she tell the truth, at least to a point where she won't obliterate the world if assistance is given."

As the two discussed, another duo of goobies walked up behind them, a familiar set of diabs. "Now what ae you two talking about?" The older of the two said, causing the agels to turn and meet eyes with Perseus and his apprentice Tres. "Perseus! Thought you were staying in your observatory for goovolution." Alioth exclaimed, though a small smile appeared on his otherwise grumpy face. Perseus just huffed, adjusting his glasses. "Caught wind that the gobbess had landed again, and that she had some decorative stars stuck in her. Then I heard you two talking nonsense like we live in a storybook again, so I came to put some actual brains to the discussion." Tres raised his paw lightly. "I'm here to learn about how stars affect a goobie body! Well, these ones, not the ones that are big balls of fire that just would boil you if you got near them."

The group then turned their gaze to the gobbess again, and it was noted that at least two of them brought out a notepad to make note, make specific marks about certain movements that the gobbess could make that would be evidence of her faking her situation, though there was also a large note about how someone as powerful as her could be pretending to have any sort of injury. Her words were analyzed, monitored, key phrases looked into and compared to the point where it was almost conspiratorial. Tres ended up being the only one who was just... watching. People looked so scared, so upset, and so unsure- but there were some that were starting to chime in, starting to verbalize their hope that the gobbess was telling the truth and really wanted to mend things properly. A year might seem like a short while, but that was 12 months, approximately 52 weeks, 365 days, and 8,760 long hours that could be spent in thought about what had happened last- some of it was obviously used to try and destroy them, but there was still so much time she had to think, and to hopefully come to terms with the new age of the reality she helped to build.

If anything, Tres wanted her to be telling the truth for Waktos' sake. He was a major gob, but he was also a friend, and to be honest, he wasn't sure if he could handle another full year of Waktos being in such a sad slump over the gobbess being understood as the embodiment of pure and unfiltered evil. So, let's just hope that she's at least he embodiment of trying really hard not to be evil this time.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annaebell » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:48 am

DAY 3
username: annaebell
coins earned: 3
prompt:
Amara had tried to approach the gobbess who had came down from the sky. Only, as soon as they came near to her, a wall of dark, star filled goo blocked their path. It made them both upset and happy to see Jystyr stop them.

At least he seemed to care about their fates. Unlike the Gobbess at the last goo-volution.

What was most frustrating about the wall was the fact that Amara, being as small as they were, could not see over the top to see what was happening. Even as they jumped up they could barely peek over.

They ended up only able to listen as the Gobbess started to speak, unable to do much more thanks to their size.

With the Gobbess' words spoken, Amara turned back to look at Jystyr. Seeing him so uncertain about this all pained them. They wish that they could offer him help. To ease his struggle.

It seems that other Goobies are asking if the Gobbess is to be trusted. Amara's initial gut feeling is to trust her, to take her words at face value and to welcome her back. Though, they know that this may be a major bias towards their creator.

They just feel that if the Gob and the Gobbess had loved one another enough to create life together that maybe they would still be able to get along. At least enough to not want to ungoo each other.

Amara shudders at the thought.

"Should we trust her...?" they then ask, unsure but also wanting to trust the other goob who created them. "I'm sure she's telling the truth!"

And besides, what reason would she have to lie about this? She was even hurt! Amara wanted so badly to help. To at least try to mend the broken bond between the two deities.
Last edited by annaebell on Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annaebell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imabanditø » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:32 am

DAY 3
username: imabanditø
choice: 2. i don't know if she's telling the truth or lying
coins earned: 8 (2 colored headshots)
prompt: based on what happened last year, neptune and pathos aren’t sure what the gobbess has anything up her sleeve, if anything.
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
— less active atm —
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:45 am

DAY 3
username: rem sleep
choice: i don't know if she's telling the truth or lying!
coins earned: +3 coins
prompt:
      Urchin is about to extend his paw to the fallen gobbess before a wall of stars blocks his path, half blinding his eyes. He shrinks away, back to Jystyr's side, away from the light. He's not used to so much noise and commotion, and perhaps that thought of his, that worry about his heart getting him in trouble, was just coming true sooner than he'd expected. After all, looking around, all the faces of those around him who did know the gobbess chilled him to the core. They seemed afraid in a way he hadn't been exposed to yet, and all at once he felt hopelessly and completely out of his element-- and his league, for that matter.

So when Jystyr looked to the crowd for guidance, when his eyes for the briefest moment flitted to Urchin's own, he paled. How would he know? He felt more now than ever that he knew nothing, and was in no place to make a decision about whether the gobbess was good, bad, neither or both-- whether she was trustworthy or not-- whether they could make amends. No, those were questions he had been saving in his heart for Jystyr-- answers he had thought only Jystyr might have-- but the panic in the gob's eyes told him that the answers came no easier to him than they did the aquatic diab. That thought made him pale even further.

He shrank behind Jystyr, finding peace in the darkness. This was not his wheelhouse. He could not help. As the gobbess spoke an inexplicable cold feeling crept across his pelt, and he felt himself at a loss. He'd let the others decide-- those who had seen firsthand the events of the prior goovolution. Surely they would know, or... at least they were sure to know better than Urchin.

[ 303 words ]
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:27 pm

DAY 3
username: Caeleesi
coins earned: 1 [124 w]
prompt:

Naenia steps forward right up to the blanket of stars, gazing up still in awe at the Gobbess.
She believes her - though it may not be the right choice, and for all she knows this could be a trick... the fact that she returned when injured makes Naenia think that the gobbess may consider this her safe haven -- her... home, even... despite the many conflicts that have occurred because of her. Naenia clears her throat and opens her mouth to speak.
"I believe her... why would she come to fight if she were already injured ? Unless she's faking it - which would be very impressive, I don't see a reason for her to come here other than to get away from whatever hurt the Gobbess."
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeonFoxPaw » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:51 pm

DAY 3
username: NeonFoxPaw
choice: She must be telling the truth!
prompt: Image
┌───────────────┐

She/They
- My name is Ptolomaea -
- I'm adulting through life currently -
- I write and read most of the time -

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
NeonFoxPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:04 pm

DAY 3
username: Eevee55
coins earned: 5 (507 words)
prompt: Lily, Hope, and Shell watched as Jystyr formed a wall of stars to stop the goobies from approaching Fallen. They listened as Fallen spoke to him, apologizing... And they saw how confused and conflicted he looked. It seemed he was not sure whether or not to believe her. To trust that she meant what she was saying. It was true that none of the three really knew enough about Fallen to make a judgment call like this, but nonetheless they knew what they believed.
They wanted to trust Fallen, to give her a chance to prove she was telling the truth. Maybe they were being naive. Lily was the type who always gave others a dozen second chances, and both Hope and Shell tended to do the same, probably as a result of seeing Lily making that choice so many times. Yes, sometimes that choice could get them hurt. Sometimes people lied, and never had any intention of changing. But not always. Sometimes it led to much more positive results; giving people an opportunity to learn and grow from a mistake, and then everyone would be better off. Then everyone could be happy. There was no way to know for sure which it would be, unless you actually took that risk and gave them that chance.
Despite how freely the trio made that choice, it did not necessarily mean it was easy. In fact, it could be quite difficult a lot of the time. It was never fun to feel the hurt, and to not know whether giving that second chance would actually change anything. But... They would rather know they had tried, at least. Besides... None of them wanted to fight Fallen. What if another battle broke out if the group decided not to trust her? What would happen then? It would probably be really bad, if what they had heard about the previous year was any indication.
Not to mention, if whatever had hurt Fallen was going to be coming here... They could all use as much help as they could get to prevent more injuries. Maybe they would need Fallen's help to protect everyone successfully. After all, something powerful enough to injure Fallen... It must be extremely powerful.
But most of all... Lily had never liked the idea that someone was just evil and irredeemable. She knew such an idea could be used to treat people horribly and people would try to justify it with, 'well, they're evil!' Sometimes it could even be used against people who had never even done anything bad in the first place. And while when someone did do something bad, there were of course consequences for that that they need to accept and face, she did not think one mistake should be held over their head forever even if they were making a clear, genuine effort to change and be a better person.
And so, the trio truly hoped that Fallen would be given a chance.
"I believe her," Lily said, and Hope and Shell spoke up in agreement.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me