Katkins Fanclub

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Should the adoption limit be changed?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am

No, it's perfect how it is!
No votes
Yes, increase it to allow 3 katkins per user!
43%
Yes, increase it to allow more than 3 katkins per user!
21%
No, but create more opportunities for users to win extra slots!
36%

Total votes : 14

Re: Katkins Fanclub

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:48 pm

@Shadowflight13; Adorable piece of Rain! and nice giftlines, too!
@Catskitten; Congrats on Evelyn! And welcome to the community!!
@The Royal Mirage; Thank you! And those sketch dumps of Cyril and Olive are adorable! I love seeing them.
@Firewolf56; Adorable art!! and good luck in the comp!

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm

@WillowKist Thank you. :3

@Firewolf Yay, questions! Answers for Rain:
What's your katkin's alignment (chaotic, neutral, lawful; evil, neutral, good)? Why?:
Hmmm, I feel like Rain is probably neutral good or chaotic good? She's very sweet and kind but follows her own rules most of the time, which can get her into trouble haha.
Do your katkins know anyone else's? If so, how do they feel about them?
I don't know! I imagine Rain would like practically anyone she meets but I've never really had her interacting with anyone else's Katkins.
Is your katkin much different from when they were a katkitten?
Not really haha. Rain is still very curious and a bit naive about the world. She sometimes acts without thinking (like going into the forest where there are beast creatures just to sing to the birds haha). She has matured a bit, though, I would say, at least emotionally.
Does your katkin WANT katkittens?
Maybe when she's older? I definitely want to breed her haha but I feel like if I did they'd be mostly AU or for her future, because she's too much of a kit herself right not to look after katkittens. xD
Does your katkin have any new years resolutions?
To improve her playing and to organize her feather collection. (I imagine in her room there are just feathers everywhere. In between pages of books, under her pillow, on the windowsill, stolen by her Ru-Ru, under her bed, on top of her bookshelf, in every single drawer or box, EVERYWHERE)
How does your katkin feel toward holidays?
Holidays make Rain excited! Especially any holiday that lets her give gifts to her friends, or that allow her to show off her singing and playing.
How does your katkin deal with sickness?
Rain hates being sick! Especially when she loses her voice because if she can't sing, then what is she supposed to do with her life? Haha. She likes taking care of other katkins when they're sick, though, despite the risk she'll get sick herself. She can't resist the need to help them.
Does your katkin like winter? If not, what's their favorite season?
Rain doesn't like winter much, because all of the birds are hiding and its so cold and just blehhhh. She likes Spring best because all the life is starting to come back, and she can find baby birds in their nests and bond with them (assuming their parents don't drive her away hehe).
What's your katkin's number one annoyance?
Hmm, not many things annoy Rain, since she's pretty laid back. But she really can't stand it when other Katkins casually break social norms and don't think anything of it? Like taking things without asking, for example. She's usually thinking, "I would have given it to you if you'd asked!! But you should have asked!!" xD
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments guys! @Firewolf, looks like I missed out again on getting some art from you, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled next time!

What's your katkin's alignment (chaotic, neutral, lawful; evil, neutral, good)? Why?:
Cyril~ From my brief googling of what these alignments are, I'd have to say Cyril is definitely lawful;neutral. He's got a very strong personal moral code, and is passionate about right and wrong. However, he doesn't go out of his way to push his own morals in his line of work - even when the law isn't necessarily congruent with his morals, he follows it in order to give each defendant a fair trial. It hurts him inside every time he lets a criminal get off on a technicality, but he's bound by the justice system and isn't willing to let his feelings get in the way of treating everyone equally under the law.

Olive~ I think I'd have to go with chaotic;good for Olive. She doesn't deal with laws very frequently, but she does believe in the goodness of others and has a strong pull towards what is the right thing to do (in her mind at least). She doesn't think of the consequences of bailing on her new project to go see an ailing friend, because her priorities put one very clearly above the other. She may have to work harder in order to catch up for that lost day of work, but it's worth it to suffer the consequences of following her moral compass.

Cyril~ I think I entertained the idea of him and Eternal_Flame's Usnavi being acquaintances, but it was never explored further. I would like to find some more acquaintances for him though (he needs more than just Olive to interact with)

Olive~ Nope, she's still pretty new to me so I don't know what kind of personalities would work well with hers. But I'd be willing to look for some friends or work colleagues if anyone's interested ^^

Cyril~ I'm positive I've talked about this before for Cyril, but as a reminder he is very different from when he was a kitkat - he used to be so wide-eyed and curious, sweet and innocent and filled with wonder and a childish desire to protect the ones he loves. He's since grown out of his kit-hood naivete, and become a much more hardened, cynical individual, though he still has those protective feelings when it comes to those he feels close to.

Olive~ Olive hasn't changed all that much since she was young, and has kept a lot of her childish mannerisms and expressions. She's definitely matured in some places, such as her ability to exercise patience, but it's only subtle differences that separate her from the kit she once was. If anything, she's become more enthusiastic and kind when it comes to interactions with Cyril, hoping to bring out that happy kit she used to know and share adventures with.

Cyril~ Cyril has entertained the idea of having kits, but he has a small, insistent fear of being absent in their life the way his father was. He feels like he never got a chance to have a dad as a role model, even with the stories his mom used to tell about him, and is uneasy about the idea of trying to raise kits of his own.

Olive~ Olive would like a family eventually, but she's in no rush. For now she's hardly able to keep track of her own activities, let alone another katkin altogether. Once she feels more secure in her job and meets the right katkin though, she'd be perfectly happy to settle down with a litter of babies that she can tell bedtime stories to.

Cyril~ He doesn't have any, but I have a new years resolution for him - I want to see Cyril working a little less over the next year, and letting loose a little more. He needs some time to just enjoy his youth, before he's too old to do so at all.

Olive~ Olive wants to travel in the new year, see some old historic sites in katkin lore that she's only read about in books. While historical texts give an excellent account of events and places, she wants to experience them for herself and take more personal notes.

Cyril~ Cyril likes family-based holidays, where he can return home to his mother's cottage and spend a few days in quiet celebration with her. Other holidays though, ones that require social effort on his part, he's not such a fan of. For the Harvest Fest, for example, Cyril would rather be working than decorating gourds or wearing costumes.

Olive~ Olive looves holidays, anything that gives her an opportunity to take a break and be with the katkins she cares about. She especially likes taking Cyril out for just such occasions, and borderline forcing him to have a good time with her - she knows that he likes other katkins way way deep down <3

Cyril~ he becomes an absolute wreck when dealing with even the slightest of sniffles. Cyril will try to tough out an illness when he first feels it coming on, but he always ends up in bed with a million blankets, in need of someone to care for him. It's not something he's proud of, Cyril is usually very independent, but he just loses all capacity to care for himself when he gets sick.

Olive~ Olive has a rather robust immune system, but even she gets sick sometimes. Usually she'll use the time as an excuse to stay home under a plushy blanket reading books and drinking hot tea.

Cyril~ He likes winter well enough, except when he has to travel for his job. Going from village to village by Ru-Ru in the cold and sleet isn't exactly ideal. His favourite season is fall, it has a sort of rushed calm to it that the grumpy katkin can relate to in a way. Fall can be hot like summer, but with cool breezes that keep you from sweating everywhere you go, and there's just this smell to it when the leaves start to turn that feels so right.

Olive~ Olive loooooves winter. She loves all the cozy clothes you get to wear when the weather gets chilly (scarves, sweaters, earmuffs, toques), she loves snowball fights and ice skating, building snowkits and snowforts, sledding down a snow-covered hill, and curling up next to a crackling fire with a cup of hot cocoa. However, when winter is bitter cold, and there's no snow on the ground, the magic of the season seems so far away, giving her an air of despondence.

Cyril~ This is pretty hard to pin down xD but his biggest pet peeve is grammatical and punctuation errors in text. Any time he sees mistakes regarding 'there, their, and they're' or misused semicolons, he can't help feeling his skin crawl.

Olive~ Writer's block, hands-down. Sometimes Olive feels the need, nay, the responsibility to write down a dramatized depiction of history or the basis for a new play, but her mind just can't find the right words to put onto the page. It sends the usually chipper katkin into a fit of huffs and pouts until she sullenly gives up on the endeavor.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sillybob101 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:53 am

Hello everyone ;u;"
I don't post much but I do often admire the art people post on here..the art you guys make inspires me to draw Juliet. Even if I'm bad at katkin anatomy lol.
Anyways, I saw some questions so I'll be active with my writing c':

Juliet is choatic;good. She believes that everyone is entitled to their own rights and belief.

No lol..she'd like to make friends though ^u^"

Other than the fact that she's matured a bit since she was a kitkat, no. Juliet has always been that friendly free spirit.

Oh yes, very much so. Juliet has a particular 'motherly' sway to her personality, always trying to tidy up and care after other katkins whenever she gets the chance. She can't help it really and sometimes catches vibes from others that she was does is a little annoying. So she wishes she had her own kitkat to spoil and mother.

Juliet has made the resolution to volunteer around her community more. She feels if she makes a larger presence then she might make some friends.

Juliet likes holidays, and how everyone goes around decorating and such. It encourages her to decorate her own little cottage and try out some holiday dishes.

When Juliet is sick, she will lock herself in her cottage until the illness passes. She has a major fear of diseases so she isolates herself so that no one else would get sick.

Juliet likes winter, but her favorite season is spring. Spring because that's when all the flowers start blooming and its not too hot.

Number one annoyance would be when people don't finish all that's on their plate.
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 am

Poll Time!
Another rare katkin will soon be released for #40! With this exciting milestone comes a couple of questions for you all: are there certain rare features you'd like to see on this katkin? And is there a certain design inspiration you'd like to see too? I was thinking of a winter themed kid for this one, but I wanna hear your thoughts!

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:12 am

meveh wrote:
Poll Time!
Another rare katkin will soon be released for #40! With this exciting milestone comes a couple of questions for you all: are there certain rare features you'd like to see on this katkin? And is there a certain design inspiration you'd like to see too? I was thinking of a winter themed kid for this one, but I wanna hear your thoughts!

I think it would be really cute to have #40 bundled up in lots of winter gear, with scarves and hats and coats hiding some of it's features? Then people trying out could suggest in their forms what kind of feature they would want to see (rare whiskers, or rare ears, or extra fluff, etc.) and the winner's suggestions would be incorporated into the final design? It would be like unwrapping a present, the Katkin would be hidden at first, then once it's been won the design would be updated to show everything.

I guess this is more just a thought for a fun contest than anything else, but it'd be interesting to see what people come up with.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:17 am

Hey guys got my second katkin:)
Her names Lune (everyone calls her Merlune) and shes a corps trainee.
I plan on her being a ranger.
Ill link to her in bit.

Evelyn-Good,Because they are a cook basically so...not much evilness there XD
Merlune/Lune-Lawful,Holds law in high respect and protecting citizens is the most important thing to her.

Evelyn-
Merlune/Lune-
(Ok so they haven't met anyone as i haven't rpd them yet)

Evelyn-Shes a little lazy now but hasn't really changed.
Merlune/Lune-Actually was quiet and shy as kit. As kitten she kept to herself. As adult totally 360 personality...shes super loud and talkative now.

Evelyn-No,I can imagine she'd forget they were there the next time she cooked:(
Merlune/Lune-Sure,i can see her being a good mom. Very overprotective and would probily try to teach them to use a bow XD
She would be good at keeping kits entertained too.
(I wouldn't really know how to fit kits in rp...but idk maybe ill try one day.)

Evelyn-Become a candymaker.
Merlune/Lune-Get better at bow.
(Thats everyday though :p)

Evelyn-She loves them.
Her favorite is Halloween.
Merlune/Lune- Loves Halloween also because everyone dresses up. Finds other holidays entertaining.

Evelyn-Gets even lazier.
Like when sick impossible to get her out of bed.
Merlune/Lune-
Becomes really agitated that she can't train with her bow. Mostly sits down outside her house and reads.

Evelyn-Loves winter and autumn both. The coldness makes her happy.
Merlune/Lune-
Actually likes every season except for summer. The heat gets to her.

Evelyn-Getting a ingredient wrong and having her food mess up.
Though its a minor annoyance and is shrugged off in a couple minutes.
Merlune/Lune-Not doing something.
(Why she can't be sick)
Last edited by Catskitten on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sillybob101 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 am

meveh wrote:
Poll Time!

I'd like to obviously see some really nice winter colors and maybe a katkin that looks a little bit like a Lynx. (I posted a url because I particularly find this picture inspiring ^^)
I also like The Royal Mirage's idea of like having all the winter gear and slowly 'unwrapping' the katkin c:
also here are some winter photographs that might help inspire you? ;u;
xxx
xx
x
all credit goes to the photographers ;u;
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 am

@meveh
I like Royal Mirage's unwrapping idea also! And it would be cool to have a katkin with shaped pupils, because I don't think we've had a Katkin with those yet? They could be like snowflakes or something for the winter theme, I don't know. xD And a wintery lynx would be pretty, so I like Sillybob's idea as well!! :3

Also, I just really have to share this art that Firewolf56 did of Rain:
It's so adorable ahhhh
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm

@Shadowflight13 +Sillybob101
I agree shaped pupils would be so cool! also love the art! :D but I also like the idea of a lynx idea and The Royal Mirage's idea of winter gear or accessory's

on further note I wanted to show of Ivan's Ru-Ru who was made by the amazing Glomp!
His name is Hudson and he's inspired/based off a Male Rockhopper Penguin!
I can just see Ivan riding him and they both getting looks cause of their strange appearances and eyebrows :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me