A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby PinkAngel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: PinkAngel
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125992716&hilit=PinkAngel#p125992716
Prompt response:

Pip thought for a minute of what to say, there was much he could say about the area he is from and about himself. But how could he say it without it seeming like he is bragging about the status he held.

"Well, I live in the more populated areas due to my job. It's a bustling city filled with Kalons of every shape and size. Stores and street vendors are almost on every corner, you can find just about anything. I live in a large condo with an amazing view of the city. I do own a personal house secluded from the population which is more so in the country area hidden in the dense forest for privacy."

Pip was shocked that Carter wanted to know about him. It was not often that Kalons never heard about him or knew of him.

"I am Pip by the way. I usually have a busy schedule since I am a representative of Kalons and also a model. I guess you could say I am the poster child of Kalons. It is nice to be looked up by others knowing that you can inspire them and make their days better." Pip replied watching Carter create intricate design onto the slab of freshly sanded wood.

"I would say I am thankful and lucky to be given the opportunity to be the face of Kalons. I can be a workaholic sometimes though. I try to attend all the events and meetings I am invited to."

Pip watched Carter brush the wooden shavings from the wooden slab, his design was finished.

"How about yourself Carter? Tell me about the land and yourself. I would love to know?" Pip questioned.

(284 words)
PinkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: ThatPinkThing
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response: (449 words)
    "You know," Eleanor leans back, holding her heels. She sits cross-legged on the stump as she thinks of a way to explain it. "It's funny. Even though it's miles away in a whole different environment, it feels like here, y'know?" She leans forward again, planting her elbows on her knees. "I live in this little town by a lake. Really small population, really tight-knit and caring. I moved there from a big city, and I didn't know what to expect because the lake is in a kind of woodsy area. I didn't know if I'd be able to sleep without the sounds of traffic and the twinkle of lights tryna get through my shades." Eleanor smiles as she recalls the inner city fondly. "But it was lonely there, so I moved out to the lake when I found an opening as a ballet teacher in the area."

Eleanor describes her students and her studio in detail. The building is old and charming. While the outside appears weathered, the inside has a sort of magic to it. It's well-maintained and has even been renovated in a few rooms. Floor to ceiling mirrors, white paint, and gold accents make it feel like some sort of palace. "It's like entering another world," Eleanor waves her hands, "where you can do anything in the studio, and I love that, because that's how I want my students to feels." She rests her chin on one paw.

"The lake is like here because it feels like home and a vacation at once, I guess. You feel like you fit in and you're welcome, but it also feels like an adventure every day. You never know who might come through town, what might wander out of the woods, or who might have gotten some surprising news. Because, let's face it, in small communities, people talk." She snorts a small laugh. "But I like living at the lake more than I ever did the city, even though that's where I grew up. Home is where your heart is," she grins cheesily at the gift-shop-esque phrase, "and I found my heart in my small town with a group of kalons who make me feel like I've known them my whole life." Her grin fades into a fond smile. She had gotten lost in her words, and as she finishes, she looks back up to where Carter is working. "Plus, we have a little beach on the lake, so there and here both have, like, sand." She giggles. As Carter works, she continues to remember small details that paint a picture of her town. For someone she's just met, Carter listens pretty well, and she indulges herself by sharing.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i. a cozy log cabin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:30 pm

tell me about yourself !
      username waterfront
      link to sign-up click

it's like pretty flowers made into ugly knots by cultists, alan thought as he sat upon the carcass of a tree, which clashed with the liveliness of the lilt in the wind & carter's accent. this forest clearing was peaceful compared to his home, it seemed most of the fauna hadn't been infected yet as birds performed their classic chirps. " i live in a sweet plain, " he started, pretending his plain ever had a nice flavour, like he hadn't been forced to live there by monsters who made his previous parlour the rapture, " in a little shed that i made my own. it's a bit like yours, carter, i was delighted to see this place. " the kalon breaking rocks like old bones grinned, it was a genuine lift of the lips that was almost audible. " i'm sure the sun would be splitting the place in half right now, " it was probably sleeping in the grass of the flat place & searing, the mountain coated in snow taunting it in the ethereal distance, " there aren't a lot of kalons around, i suppose the heat makes it quite unsustainable. my friend & his kid live in a train car nearby however, which is nice for me & my daughter. " " oh ! you're a father, huh ? must be a bit unplanned t'have washed up like this, then. " " yes, i'll have to write her a letter soon. "

vhs was nineteen, but alan still worried. setting up those torturous traps in the tall grass bordering their house was an affinity of hers, he knew she'd be safe if she just made sure those creatures were caught up in wire. their desperate, grotesque yawns had replaced those of crickets, & alan dug his feet into the dirt sharply to escape from those noises playing in his mind.

" what do you like to do, al ? sounds awfully isolated where you live."
      alan's mouth filled with saliva which he nervously gulped down, he'd never tell an outsider about the cryptids. what if they were a spy ? interrogating him somewhere he couldn't run from ? no, sir, i don't keep check of every little paranormal piece of evidence about these cryptids & where they came from, what they're used for.

" i like to write, " he performed a ruse, " there's lots of inspiration in a place like that. really, you'd be surprised what you can find there. "

Postby nermal1999 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: nermal1999
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:

Mousse gave a sweet smile as he started to think about his home and family, though it had only been a few days scens he left, it was still a enough for him to miss is home,

Looking back up at Carter Mousse slowly got to his feet and stretched his arm up over his head,
I'm not to sure you'd find were I come from to be the most interesting place on earth... But if you're still interested, I guess I can tell you. Just don't say I didn't worn you. giving a small chuckle Mousse turned towards the ocean and let out a peaceful sigh. your island is very beautiful, i only wish my parents could be here to see it, I just know mother would love all the tropical flowers. freezing mousse turned towards Carter and gave a apologetic bow oh! Please forgive me here you asked me a question and I'm rambling on about nonsense, anyway you were asking about were I came from yes? walking back over Mousse sat back down and gave a slight tilt of his head as he gently scratched the back of his head, pondering. let's see, where to start.. Where to start. Sorry it's taking me a bit, I guess I'm not use to talking to others about my home town. You see this, is my first time ever being away from home, I've never actually traveled before so all this is kinda new for me giving an awkward chuckle Mousse slowly pushed himself back in a straight position before looking back up at Carter. so the place I come from isn't exactly well known, I wouldn't every be surprised if every kalon hear never heard of the place, but that doesn't mean it isn't important to me, it my be simply and small, and the population may be low but it's a rather nice place. I grew up with my mom, dad, and sister and even though we have a house I've always considered the dessert shop we run my home, AHHH, I could stay and bake in the shop all day...... Oh! I'm sorry hear I am getting ahead of myself again, you see my family owns this little shop were we make a variety of different chocolate desserts ranging from cake pops, to chocolate cake, Fudge brownies, cookies. And we even make a little more fancy dessert like parfaits, and Trifles. And don't even get me started on the holiday desserts we make, because I could go on and on, not that I would mind but I don't want to bore you with all the dessert I could name. So to make a long story short we make all kinds of desserts, and even though we have just the one building and the only customers we get are kalons from the town. Business goes pretty well. Though at this point we know every kalon in the town just as much as they know us. I still enjoy making and selling the many sweet treats and getting to see the joy in the kalons faces as they bite into their desserts, I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to find something that fills me with passion as the little shop dose. I mean I practically grew up there, it's the place we're I baked my first batch of cookies l, frosted my first cupcake, and sold my first dessert. So to be honest I don't mind never seeing the world tell know because every day I got to do something I loved. And even though as time went on and my sister grew up and went on her own way, I was always happy to be the son of a baker who grew up baking in a little shop in a little town, that isn't well known. For me it's everything I need in life, though I have to say getting to see the world and getting to sail across the ocean is pretty amazing. patting his legs off mousse slowly pushed himself to his feet and walked over to examine the work that Carter had done. Giving a friendly smile mousse reached in and pulled out a small box filled with treats, here would you like one it's from my shop back home, I just thought after all your hard work you'd deserve a treat. And it's my way to say thank you for listening to may story, even though I got carried away a couple of times, it was fun. Sitting back down, mousse spent the rest of the day chilling with Carter. And continued to share about his home town. And in return learned a bit about the island and its inhabitants. In the end it was safe to say that mousse had made a new friend.

Ps: please forgive any misspelling and slip-ups and bad grammar, I have dyslexia and wrote this at night at a quick pace and didn't have time to fix it up. So please forgive me. nonetheless I hope you like it :3
Last edited by nermal1999 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imperials » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Tell me about yourself!
      Username: imperials
      Link to sign-up post: x
      Prompt response:

Last edited by imperials on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
imperials

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfypoof » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Makoto Naegi
Link to sign-up post: Beep boop
Prompt response:
Savvy had a big grin on her face. "Well! I live in a rather small town. There's forests everywhere! I can't even count them all on both of my paws!" She let out a giggle and her face was beaming with proud. It was obvious that she truly loved her home. "Sometimes it can get boring but I wouldn't want to leave forever, ya know? This holiday seemed rather promising though! Though I guess I've ended up here now." Her tail wagged to and fro.

"At home, I work at the night club. I really love music. It's the best thing in the world!" She threw her paws in the air to emphasize. "Do you know what extratone is? Hardcore? No? I see..." Her eyes narrowed and she started to pout. It didn't last long as soon her smile returned, wider than ever. "Wait! I'm getting distracted!" She cleared her throat and appeared to bounce on her feet.

"It's fun at the night club. I get to hear lots of music while working. I change my shift often though. I get to let people in the door, how cool is that?" Her eyes had a sparkle to them as she talked. She turned to face Carter and watched him work for a while. "Hey, I know!" she shouted rather suddenly. "You should come visit sometime! Maybe not the night club but just where I live. Have a think about it, okay?" She gave a cheeky grin and Carter couldn't help but smile back.

Hi! You can call me Wolfy! I like drawing, video games, animals, music, anime and a whole lot of other various things. Some of my favourite series are Pokemon, Danganronpa, iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, Kemono Friends and Higurashi When They Cry! I am a young adult and although I'm a little shy, I'm always open for a chat! ^w^

Deviantart Characters Instagram Please check out my story!

Font credit
Wolfypoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yen. » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Tell me about yourself!
user: eonian | sign-up post

yen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open]

Postby ruse » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:12 pm

prompt 01 625 words - "lmao rant"
                    character(s) eden, carter
                    past sign up

if eden were a dog, he swears his ears would be perked up by now, as opposed to the slight blush he's wearing now. finally! he can talk about ~himself~!
    where should he start, though? should he start at his birth and work his way through his orthodox-but-not upbringing? recite the basic plot of Original™ naruto and see how deep carter's knowledge of mainstream media runs? aren't their stories kind of the same too, barring the the space sasuke operates in naruto's narrative. maybe, eden wouldn't be as egotistical if he had someone else to one-up him on that front. or maybe not. he hopes not, rather enjoying his brand of egotism.
    as eden watches car(pen)ter and considers his words, he studies the man.
    wow. carter really does resemble what eden'd imagined those tall and broad-shouldered brown tabby tom warrior cats would be like. frightening, but also kind of enlightening. thankfully, he isn't an ass.
    weird. his mind usually doesn't dive this far when he mulls. he surmises half-jokingly that the sound of breaking rocks does more to lull him than the sound of lo-fi hiphop whatever. he almost wants to tell carter that, but hesitates since he has the gnawing notion they'll have to see a lot of each other in the next days and he doesn't really want to have carter to think him too eccentric, at least right away. give him spoonfuls and then let him get used to it.
    "i was raised in a traditional asian household. y'know like, sundays reserved for temple and then like, that god-awful pressure on you all the time to be Better and you have to study all the time! for what? oh, to get into some mediocre college where half of the people got there through their parents' money or like, to find out that you don't even know yourself because you had to bury yourself under the expectations of your uncaring family? and they're telling you all of their plans for you, and you're like, eleven? really. i just wanted to be a silly bandz collector then. not some like, Child Wonder," he decides to rely on his typical half-truths, half-lies; those always survive better anyways, because they ring with a little sincerity. it still feels good, though. at least he's not completely hiding behind his words, yeah? he laughs, filling up the silence by a sort of habit, forgetting his companion is literally breaking rocks in his company. eden swings his right leg over his left, getting comfortable. he starts to move his hands as he speaks as well, trying to describe parts of his childhood as it marries into some of the now.
    "i live alone now. it's been about five years since i've moved out and honestly? it's great. sure, it was rough on me, because i'm Young and like, Cute as a Button (my neighbor's words, not mine) and i'm bad with money, but i guess, i became that child wonder my parents and grandparents and great grandparents wanted me to be anyways, but i'm not like. theirs anymore. i'm mine. i get to do what i want and i get to watch stupid netflix shows and get dumb cavities that hurt like hell and not pay for them, but they ─the cavities─ feel like me." at this point, he's not quite sure if carter's listening but eden enjoys the momentum he's got going on now, only somewhat falsified, and smiles privately.
    he watches as a pearl of sweat slip from carter's chin, tossing the older man a towel. eden thinks he's in a good mood, so he asks about carter's stories too once he finishes his own roundabout tale.
    im genuinely sorry u had to read this. also eden is not good w words dont @ me
    ─────────────────────────────────────
ruse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow,, » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Tell me about yourself!
    Username: comet.
    Link to sign-up post: x
    Prompt response:

"Well, I live in California. It get's pretty hot over there, kinda like here!" Kimberly begins, a big smile plastered on her face. "The beaches are awesome too, though its nothing like the ones here. Summer is my favorite season. I just love going to the pool near my house! Any body of water is very refreshing!" She laughed. "In winter though, it gets really cold. I don't particularily like the cold, but winter is still cool. We don't get any snow where I'm from though, just the weather." She frowned. "And the raining. Don't even get me started! It rains like crazy in California! It's a nightmare. It literally rained in the beginning of summer. It started raining in like March." She pretended to gag. "But other than those couple flaws, Cali is just an overall great place!" She looked around, especially eyeing the warm ocean. "Though I'd probably trade it for this place..." She smiled widely, happiness overtaking her.
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jouska. » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Tell me about yourself!
      jouska. | Team Squid | Silvana | Sign Up

"Cleveland?" Sil laughed softly, excitement and nervousness having finally given way to weariness and exhaustion. "I've always been a city girl," she spoke quietly. "The city, it's so different from here; this island feels like another world entirely," she breathed out, pausing for a moment to look out at the setting sunset and listen to the sound of rocks breaking. After some consideration, she began again, "It can be a little crazy sometimes with everyone milling around no matter what time it is, and the city never sleeps, but I think that's what I love most about it. Even if I'm still awake, there could be someone else not too far from me who also can't sleep at night. And the lights are so beautiful," Sil murmured quietly, stealing a glance at Carter, not sure if he would understand her strange admiration for her concrete jungle. "I guess it doesn't beat the night sky like how you see it out here or in the country, but I like to think of all the skyscrapers as mountains and the lights as stars and it becomes my own little wonderland of color." By then, Carter had paused his work to watch the sunset with her. "I have to admit though," Sil smiled brightly, "sunsets are even more beautiful by the ocean."
jouska.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me