Forestclan's CAC Archive 2 (DNP)

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Forestclan's CAC Archive 2 (DNP)

Postby Simonpet » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:04 pm

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍
This is an archive thread for Create-A-Clan, a roleplay-like forum game where players create a clan and grow it, all while caring for its members, surviving attacks and diseases, and attending Gatherings that could determine the outcome of your relationships with the many other clans. It's extremely fun and I recommend you take a look.

Navigation
[url]Territory[/url]
[url]Predators and Prey[/url]
[url]Training[/url]
[url]Beliefs and Customs[/url]

[url]Introduction[/url] / [url]Reply[/url]
[url]Post 1[/url] / [url]Reply 1[/url]
[url]Post 2[/url] / [url]Reply 2[/url]
[url]Post 3[/url] / [url]Reply 3[/url]
[url]Post 4[/url] / [url]Reply 4[/url]
[url]Post 5[/url] / [url]Reply 5[/url]

Thanks to rainbowcatfish8888 for the general layout
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory

Postby Simonpet » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 pm

𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘
Territory
Forestclan lives in a primarily deciduous forest, with a river running through the north to the south. The camp is located close to the center of the forest, a full day’s journey from the Moonpool. There are many streams that feed into the main river, most coming from the direction of the Moonpool, which is to the southeast of the camp.

Landmarks
Crowcloud’s Stream
Crowcloud’s Stream is close to the southeastern border and all cats going to and from the Moonpool pass this stream. The stream is named for Crowcloud, the first medicine cat of Forestclan, who was found by Honeystar near the stream.

The River
The river is three times the length of a cat and runs from the northern border to the southern border. Most cats fish in this river during the newleaf and greenleaf.

Camp
Forestclan’s camp is a giant clearing surrounded by brambles and trees. In the back, there is the Speaker’s Tree from which the leader announces important news.

The leader’s den is underneath the roots of the Speaker’s Tree and is suspected to have once been a rabbit warren. The medicine cat’s den is under the roots of a tree to the right of the Speaker’s Tree, with a covered up tunnel that once led to the leader’s den and is suspected to have been a part of the warren. To the right of the medicine cat’s den is the nursery, underneath a crack between a stump and large stone. The den was dug out by Forestclan cats a few moons before Duckpelt, the first queen, gave birth. The senior warriors’ den is to the right of the nursery underneath the roots of a tree.

The elder’s den is to the left of the Speaker’s Tree and is under the roots of a stump, with a covered up tunnel that once led to the leader’s den and is also suspected to have been a part of the warren. The apprentices’ den, a large log that dips underground and sticks out of the camp, is to the left of the elders’ den. The den itself is in the den underneath the log and the end sticking out of the camp has been covered up by rocks and brambles. Finally, the regular warriors’ den is to the left of the apprentices’ den, and is underneath the roots of a tree.

Borders
North -- Mapleclan
Northeast -- Frostclan
East -- Flameclan
Southeast -- Leafclan
South -- Caveclan
Southwest -- Gustclan
West -- Verglasclan
Northwest -- open
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Predators and Prey

Postby Simonpet » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:23 pm

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐘
Prey
Birds -- common
Many species of birds reside in Forestclan's territory and catching them is a skill taught to every apprentice.

Hares -- common
Hares are commonly found during the colder seasons of leaffall and leafbare, but have been known to show up during the warmer seasons of newleaf and greenleaf. Some of the dens in Forestclan's camp are believed to be old rabbit or hare warrens.

Mice - common
Mice are often found hiding amid the undergrowth or in their many burrows.

Squirrels - common
Squirrels are often found near oak trees in Forestclan's territory.

Shrews -- common
Shrews are often found hiding amid the undergrowth or in their many burrows.

Fish -- uncommon
Though there are many fish in the river and streams that cross Forestclan's territory, few cats have the patience or desire to catch them.

Rabbits -- uncommon
Rabbits are occasionally found during the warmer seasons of newleaf and greenleaf, but have been known to show up during the colder seasons of leaffall and leafbare. Some of the dens in Forestclan's camp are believed to be old rabbit or hare warrens.

Voles -- uncommon
Both the land vole and water vole are hunted, although less often due to the abundance of other prey such as shrews, squirrels, and mice.

Stoats -- rare
Stoats and Forestclanners often compete for the same prey and therefore avoid each other. However, a clan cat will not hesitate to kill a stoat if necessary.

Predators
Foxes -- common
Foxes will often steal prey from unsuspecting Forestclan cats but rarely attack. Forestclan and foxes currently have an uneasy and unspoken truce but both sides know that this could collapse at any moment.

Badgers -- uncommon
Badgers will often keep away from Forestclan cats but will not hesitate to attack if an unwary cat gets too close. Forestclan and badgers currently have an uneasy truce because both sides know they would likely be destroyed in a conflict.

Snakes -- uncommon
Snakes are known to hide in some of the lesser-traveled areas in Forestclan's territory and pose a danger to an unwary warrior.

Bears -- rare
Bears have not yet been seen in Forestclan's territory but forests are known habitats for them.

Twolegs -- rare
Twolegs have almost never been spotted in Forestclan's territory, but have been scented near the borders.

Wolves -- rare
Wolves have not yet been seen in Forestclan's territory but forests are known habitats for them.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Training

Postby Simonpet » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:47 pm

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
Warrior Apprentice Training
Necessary skills: climbing, hunting, fighting
Climbing, hunting, and fighting are the basic skills every Forestclan must master. When learning to hunt, apprentices are taught the hunting crouch, how to stalk both land prey and birds, and pouncing. When learning to fight, apprentices are taught how to fight both honorably and dishonorably against an opponent, and what moves can be used against all enemies. Older apprentices will often spar with one another and their mentors to practice what they have learned. When learning to climb, apprentices are taught how to keep their balance, hunt, and fight in trees.

Common skills: stealth, tracking
Being stealthy in the forest and knowing how to track are two skills that all apprentices learn, but few mentors go in-depth with. Stealth is often taught in the context of hunting but some mentors will extend this to battle training. All cats are able to track but apprentices are taught to differentiate between the types of prey and some learn to track through light rains.

Uncommon skills: advanced climbing, advanced hunting, advanced fighting, advanced stealth, advanced tracking
Once an apprentice has mastered the basic three skills of climbing, hunting, and fighting, their mentor has two choices: help their apprentice to specialize in one or two skills, or work on their well-roundness. Apprentices that work to specialize in a skill will be taught more advanced techniques that will sometimes combine methods from several skills such as tracking an enemy through the trees with nothing but scent.

Rare skills: fishing, swimming
Due to the abundance of land-prey and birds, few apprentices learn how to swim or fish properly. However, all are taught to keep their heads above the water and how to paddle ashore in case they fall into the river.

Medicine Cat Apprentice Training
Necessary skills: climbing, healing, herbal knowledge, hunting, fighting
The first three moons of every medicine cat's apprenticeship are spent as a warrior's apprentice and therefore they learn the same basic skills. However, once switching over to medicine cat training, they also learn how to differentiate between herbs and poisons, and their uses.

Common skills: stealth, tracking
While medicine cats aren't expected to fight, many are taught how to be stealthy and track others, as they can use their traditional immunity to fights as a way to spy on other clans or troublesome clan members. In addition, tracking is extremely useful to discern the various herbs of the forest.

Uncommon skills: advanced climbing, advanced hunting, advanced healing, advanced herbal knowledge, advanced hunting, advanced fighting, advanced stealth, advanced tracking
Once an apprentice has mastered the five basic skills necessary to become a medicine cat, some mentors will help their apprentice specialize in a particular area, especially if they are naturally talented in one area such as healing.

Rare skills: fishing, swimming
Due to the abundance of land-prey and birds, few apprentices learn how to swim or fish properly. However, all are taught to keep their heads above the water and how to paddle ashore in case they fall into the river.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me