CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:37 am

Welcome to the discussion thread for Camp Half-Blood: Into the Storm!

All forms and OOC chat should be posted here.
Before you post a form, please read the rules on the Main Thread.

Note that we are currently not accepting new participants. Currently participating members may make forms for new characters, though I may take some time to review them as I am quite busy as of late.

Forms
IF you're posting forms for multiple characters, please make them separate posts! This will make it much easier for me to link back to your forms in the "characters" section c:
This is an extensive form that covers a lot of character info! Please use this form or a similar one to post characters, but feel free to edit/consolidate stuff if you wish c:
Code: Select all
[b]General Information[/b]
[i]Full name:[/i]
[i]Nicknames:[/i] (if any)
[i]Gender/Pronouns:[/i]
[i]Age:[/i]
[i]Birthday:[/i]
[i]Sexuality:[/i]

[b]Camp Information[/b]
[i]Weapon(s):[/i]
[i]Godly Parent:[/i]
[i]Claimed?:[/i] (y/n)
[i]Cabin:[/i]
[i]Powers:[/i]
[i]Number of Beads on Necklace:[/i]

[b]Physical Description[/b]
(general physical traits go here! I.e. height & build, hair colour & style, eye colour, scars/tattoos/birthmarks, clothing style. etc.)

[b]Personality & Background[/b]
(General personality stuff! Likes & dislikes, fears, fatal flaws, etc. Backstory goes here as well!)

[b]Personal Relationships[/b]
(Put personal relationships here! i.e. friends, enemies, pets, parents, etc.)

[b]Anything Else[/b]

Last edited by WitchHazel on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mirabelle Everhart

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:37 am

General Information
Full name: Mirabelle May Everhart
Nicknames: Mira, Mirabelle the Red
Title: Head Counselor of the Aphrodite Cabin
Gender & Pronouns: Female, she/her
Birthday: June 21st
Sexuality: Closeted Pansexual

Camp Information
Godly Parent: Aphrodite
Claimed?: Yes
Cabin: Cabin 10; Head Counselor
Number of Beads on Necklace: 7

Weapons
Rhódon
Ρόδον//Rose
    A celestial bronze Xiphos that disguises itself as a
    tube of lipstick. To revert it to lipstick form, simply slide
    the cap over the blade of the sword. It was given to her
    father by Aphrodite to give to Mirabelle when she was
    old enough, with the instructions not to uncap the lipstick
    unless she found herself in mortal peril. Rhódon is Mirabelle's
    main weapon.
Ankáthi
Αγκάθι//Thorn
    A celestial bronze stiletto dagger concealed in the
    handle of a honeycomb hairbrush. Ankáthi is typically
    used in tandem with Rhódon; dual-wielding blades. It
    functions as a parrying blade when Rhódon is in use.
Fýllo
Φύλλο//Leaf
    An elaborately wrought comb in the shape of a leaf;
    made of celestial bronze. The teeth are long and wickedly
    pointed, and can easily be used as a weapon in a pinch.
Anthízo
Ανθίζο//Bloom
    A celestial bronze ring that is always worn on the
    middle finger of her right hand. The metal has been
    sculpted into a rose, while the band is comprised of
    two entwined ropes of metal, complete with thorns.
    The small thorns can be used as a weapon if close enough,
    while the rose itself springs open to reveal a tiny sharp
    spike in the centre when twisted slightly to the right.

Electric Pink
    A tiny rechargeable stun gun disguised as a tube of
    bright pink lipstick. It deals 4 milliamps of electricity;
    and about 3 million volts.
Hot Pepper
    A small can of pepper spray disguised as a tube of
    red lipstick.
Femme Fatale
    A very small knife disguised as a tube of black
    lipstick. the blade is steel; not celestial bronze, and
    as such can hurt mortals but not monsters.
Ronsard
    An elegant fountain pen with a deadly secret.
    It writes just like any other pen, but with red ink.
    The top part pulls off to reveal a sharp steel knife,
    which doubles as a letter opener. It is named after
    Pierre de Ronsard, a French poet and one of Mirabelle's
    favourites.
Celeste's Garrotte
    A garrotte disguised as a necklace, complete with
    a moonstone pendant. Given to Mirabelle by her older
    half-sister Celeste before venturing out on the
    Mount Marcy quest. She hopes to get the chance
    to return the garrotte to Celeste, so long as she
    doesn't perish on the quest.

Powers
"Parlez-vous français?"
    Mirabelle is fluent in French, and has been ever since she can remember. She discovered her apparent fluency when she started taking French classes in primary school. Lo and behold, she could speak it just was well as her teacher, who had grown up en la Normandie! Her teachers were frankly astounded by her level of fluency and weren't exactly sure what to do with her, but she had a knack for helping out any other students who were struggling, so they eventually decided to make her the unofficial teacher's assistant.
Amokinesis
    The ability to sense and control the emotions of love and desire. Mirabelle can sense and manipulate all aspects of love. Love encompasses many feelings, from interpersonal affection to pleasure to personal attachment. This includes basic kindness, compassion, and affection. The other side to this is that she can also feel any and all pain relating to said emotions. Mirabelle can manipulate love-based emotions of other people, animals, and even monsters. She has tried to use it on herself in the past, mainly to stop feeling, but with no results. Mirabelle typically only uses her amokinesis to feel the emotions of others, like an enhanced form of empathy. One of the drawbacks of this ability is that she has to actively block it out; putting up emotional barriers to keep from feeling everyone else's emotions all the time. If she's overly exhausted or sick, however, she has a hard time keeping her walls up and can easily become overwhelmed. Rumour has it that she has used amokinesis to cause children of Ares to fall in love with their weapons on occasion, though she hasn't dignified said rumours with an explanation.
Charmspeak
    A rare form a vocal hypnotism that can make anyone do anything on command. The strength of the charmspeak itself depends on the tone and emotion of Mirabelle's voice. The more powerful the emotion behind it, the more powerful her charmspeak will be. However, Mirabelle finds charmspeak to be unethical as well as midlly exhausting. She does not use the skill often, and as such she doesn't have the best control over it. Her charmspeak tends to come out whenever she is feeling any sort of extreme emotion. Charmspeak does have a diminished effect on other charmspeak users, and people with stronger wills are often more difficult to charmspeak. In addition, powerful beings such as gods or titans are usually unaffected. Mirabelle's charmspeak is also rendered mostly useless if she starts losing her voice, whatever the cause of that may be. Eventually, the charmspeak will wear off, leaving the person with no recollection of what they were commanded to do or why they did it.

Clothing, Jewellery, and Makeup Manipulation
    Like most children of Aphrodite, Mirabelle has a modicum of control over clothing, accessories, and makeup. She mostly uses this to change the colour of items to better match an outfit, fix rips and tears, or clean her clothes without putting them through the wash. She has been known to magically dye someone's clothing in their least favourite colour or shrink all of their clothes to be two sizes too small if they invoke her rage.

Skills
Combat
    Mirabelle is a surprisingly good combatant, even rivalling some of the children of Ares. This is one of the reasons she is rumoured to be an Ares legacy as well as a child of Aphrodite. In actuality, she has had a lot of training and used to practise almost constantly when she was younger. She also has years of self-defence training; he father always wanted to make sure she was able to defend herself as a child.
Artwork
    Though she's no child of Iris, Mirabelle is a skilled artist, specifically with the human figure. She learned from her father at a young age, and even started designing her own outfits. Watercolour with thin black pen outline is her preferred style. She mostly just does figure drawing and designs clothing.
Sewing, Crocheting, & Embroidery
    Mirabelle is very skilled at all three of these trades, potentially due to her godly heritage. While other members of her cabin might prefer to change up their looks using solely their powers, Mirabelle prefers to embroider and stitch by hand. It's one of the few ways in which she can calm herself, and she finds it much more rewarding to complete something herself than rely on her mystical abilities. Crocheting is also a good way in which she can relax. She has made a good deal of her own accessories that way, as well as gifts for friends or cabinmates.
Singing
    Mirabelle doesn't often sing in public; she's rather self-conscious about her voice. Those who have heard her sing, however, describe it as 'beautiful', 'soft and smooth', and even 'rivalling the children of Apollo'. She will gladly blend her voice amongst those of the other campers when singing campfire songs, but otherwise hearing her sing is a very rare occurrence. She has been known to hum under her breath when she thinks no one is listening, however, or unwittingly as a self-soothing behaviour when she's feeling anxious.
Cooking & Baking
    Though she doesn't often get the chance to use her talents in the kitchen, Mirabelle is an excellent chef. She creates little mess when preparing food and always cleans up after herself to boot. She will gladly make someone's favourite meal for them when they're feeling down, or if asked to. She is also quite adept at decorating cakes; presentation has always been a forte when it comes to food preparation. Her skill with cooking and baking both started as a hobby when she was younger, encouraged by her father. The one thing she wanted to learn how to make above all else was the butternut squash soup her father would always prepare for her whenever she wasn't feeling well. Unfortunately, she didn't get the recipe before she left for Camp Half-Blood.
Horsemanship
    Mirabelle is an experienced horseback rider, and is very comfortable around equines in general. She spent much of her time at the stables when she first arrived to Camp Half-Blood, and got to know most of the horses and pegasi and their general temperaments. The stables also became a safe place for her to retreat to when her cabinmates were being especially cruel. Caring for the equines within quickly became a good way to calm her nerves. Though she cannot speak verbally with the horses and pegasi like children of Poseidon can, she is very in-tune with their body language.

Physical Description
General
    Mirabelle stands at about 5'9" (approx. 175 cm); she is exceptionally tall for a young woman. She has a willowy build, with sharper facial features. Her eyebrows are meticulously shaped, while her teeth are very straight - though not naturally so; there were years of braces involved. She is almost never seen in public without a full face of makeup, and tends to be a little underweight. Mirabelle has pale skin; often described as porcelain. She tends to get sunburnt easily because of this and as such often wears large fashionable sunhats on sunny days. Her eyes are grey-blue, but change ever so slightly with her emotional state - a trait she inherited from her mother. Her blonde hair is long and wavy, with natural highlights of both lighter and darker shades. It is always painstakingly styled one way or another.
Identifying Marks
    Mirabelle has a few scars, the most prominent of which being a slender scar from her right cheekbone to her jawline. It is always completely covered by makeup; usually the permanent makeup that is so readily stocked in her cabin. On the rare occasion that the makeup fades, she brushes some hair into her face to cover it. She also has a series of scars over her wrists, which are also usually covered by makeup or long-sleeved clothing. The insides of her cheeks are scarred from constant chewing. Mirabelle has a few other scars, but they're all covered by clothing for the most part. She's got a few across her back and shoulders, though those are smaller and more faded.
Style
    Mirabelle has a particular penchant for vintage clothing; she's often seen porting vintage-style dresses and felted cloche hats in various colours. Shades of red are some of her favourite colours to wear; she's been told they look quite flattering on her. She also enjoys wearing shades of pale pink and cream. She owns a vast collection of jewelry, though one of her favourite pieces is a pair of rose stud earrings that she has in both crimson and pale pink. As far as shoes go, she'll wear anything from ankleboots to strappy sandals, depending on the weather, of course. Her only permanent fixture is the aforementioned celestial bronze ring that goes on the middle finger of her right hand. Before she left on the Mount Marcy quest, Mirabelle was also given a garrotte disguised as a necklace with a moonstone pendant, as well as Delilah's opal necklace. Both currently occupy a permanent place around her neck.

Beneath the Surface
Personality
    An inner perfectionist, Mirabelle holds herself to unreasonably high standards. On the outside, she's all sunshine and smiles, but a mass of insecurities lie beneath her radiant exterior. A lot of the time, she will find herself feeling inexplicably guilty and blaming herself for situations that had nothing to do with her. She has an intense desire to be loved and accepted by everyone around her - she's a real people-pleaser. She's a lot more intelligent than most people think she is, and tends to dumb herself down. In addition, Mirabelle is very perceptive and empathetic - even without the use of her abilities. She can read minute facial expressions in others with startling accuracy. She may not always voice what she sees, but little passes her notice. She's also a much fiercer fighter than most people think she'd be; often giving her the element of surprise when sparring or battling monsters.
Quirks
    When nervous, she tends to chew the insides of her cheeks and play with her hair - practically everything she owns is impeccably neat, and sorted in some system that makes sense to her; often by both colour and function - when stressed, Mirabelle tends to frantically clean the cabin, often spending ridiculous amounts of time making sure everything is exactly where it's supposed to be. If there's one hair out of place, she will find it and 'correct' it - her body isn't well-suited to cold weather and she gets chilled easily - she doesn't drink tea often, and only takes honey in it when she's not feeling well - she gets motion-sick easily, especially on boats and planes - Mirabelle does not make a big deal of her birthday; Chiron and Chuck are the only people at camp who actually know its date. Jack has since figured it out somehow. To her, it is simply a grim reminder of all she has lost - she covers her mouth with a hand when she grins or laughs; a habit left over from her years of braces - she's a vegetarian - she has a rather lousy immune system
    neatness - organisation - painting with watercolour - styling her hair - doing makeup - reinventing vintage fashion - sewing - crocheting - speaking French - romance - reading; mostly French poetry and philosophy - sparring - fancy coffee drinks - most animals - equines - designing clothing - painting nails - Project Runway - Coco Chanel - embroidery - chocolate - snakes - taking care of others - Taylor Swift - Sara Bareilles
Dislikes
    messes - illness - asking for help - accepting help - being taken care of - talking about her past or her father - others worrying over her - most physical contact - meat - Justin Bieber - sunscreen - sunburns - stress - dealing with drama - judgy people - bullying - her height being pointed out - bug bites - loud noises - her laugh - most modes of transportation - lying - her birthday
Fears
    spiders - isolation - not being considered 'beautiful' - being forgotten - small spaces - hospitals - heights; a true phobia - losing loved ones - hurting those she cares about - being seen as vulnerable
Fatal flaw
    Mirabelle puts the needs and desires of others far beyond her own; even to the point of willing to sacrifice herself for their sake. She often neglects her own needs in favour of helping others.
Allergies
    Mirabelle is mildly allergic to cats. Cat hair on someone's clothes or even being outside around one isn't usually enough to cause an allergic reaction, but entering the living space of a cat or being in close proximity with one will certainly have her teary-eyed and sneezing. She typically uses Claritin to combat the worst of her allergies.
History
    Mirabelle lived the first few years of her life in the bustling metropolis of Los Angeles, where her father's fashion business got its headstart. When she was about two and a half, he moved them away from the chaos of the city and up to a beautiful, isolated house on the shores of Mirror Lake in Lake Placid in New York. She grew up there, under the caring protection of her father. Being a single parent with a devoted career in fashion design was no easy task, but he did his best to include his daughter in everything he did. Mirabelle would often watch as he sketched out new designs, or accompany him on his many searches for inspiration. The two even started hiking the lower slopes of Mount Marcy both to look for inspiration in nature and in pursuit of one of her father's 'get-myself-in-shape' initiatives. It quickly became a fond bonding opportunity for them. Mirabelle's father also taught her how to sew, as well as paint with watercolours.
    When Mirabelle was in primary school, she was befriended by the satyr who had been sent to look for demigods in the area. Chuck and Mirabelle became fast friends; they were both social outcasts. He was a weird kid, with an obsession with the 70's and the propensity to say "like" a lot, but she didn't mind. His quirks were actually rather endearing.
    The first real trouble came when Mirabelle's father was attacked in his home. Not long after her tenth birthday, she and Chuck were been walking back from the lake. She was the first to notice that the front door to her house was standing wide open. Her father did many quirky things, but he would never leave the door open like that. She didn't waste the time to think, regardless of Chuck's insistences to wait and make a plan first. When she burst in, Mirabelle could hardly believe what she saw. An alabaster woman with flaming hair was knelt over her father, fangs sunk into his neck like an overgrown leech. So she did what any normal teenager who saw their father being drained by some terrifying monster would do. She threw herself at the surprised monster.
    The ensuing struggle was tiresome, culminating in Mirabelle recalling what her father had said about a specific tube of lipstick he'd given her for her seventh birthday. "It's a gift from your mother," he had said. "She told me to tell you never to take the cap off unless you're in mortal peril." He had then followed with some horrible joke, but that wasn't important right now. Ever since that day, she had carried the lipstick on her. Just in case. She'd nearly forgotten about it over the subsequent years. But it was in her handbag's outermost pocket, where she always kept it. As she wrestled with the creature, she unzipped the pocket and reached inside. When she uncapped the lipstick, a bronze sword manifested in her hands. She didn't have time to think, she just swung it with desperate fury at the creature. It was eventually turned to dust, which was another shock altogether. Mirabelle turned to where Chuck knelt, pressing scraps of his torn t-shirt to her dad's wound. Wait, did Chuck have hooves? Nevermind. She quickly replaced his hands with her own as he rose to his feet - no, hooves - and frantically dialed 911 on the landline.
    After that rather harrowing incident, Chuck revealed everything to Mirabelle - his true identity as a satyr, Greek mythology is real, and her suspected godly parentage. He thought it best that she come back to Camp Half-Blood with him, but she refused at first. She couldn't leave the only family she had ever known.
    But the monster attacks didn't let up, and each time, her father got himself hurt trying to protect her. Chiron had to get involved, and there was quite a discussion as to what would be best for both Mirabelle and her father. Eventually, a solution was brought forth. A solution that Mirabelle despised with all of her heart, but she knew she had to do it to protect her father. So she agreed, and was brought to Camp Half-Blood.
    She has lived as a year-round camper ever since; for a bit over seven years. When she arrived to Camp Half-Blood, she was in the height of her rather embarrassing goth phase - dark clothing, skull print, ripped black jeans, the whole look. Her hair had even been straightened, with dyed back tips and bright pink streaks. She'd worn so much eyeliner that the Aphrodite cabin had started calling her "Raccoon". Mirabelle wasn't claimed until much later, and lived in the Hermes cabin for her first year there. She was claimed shortly after her eleventh birthday, when she brought her first design to life using materials from the camp store. The Aphrodite cabin quickly rectified her regrettable goth phase, and Mirabelle resigned herself to wearing pastels and hiding behind her long blonde hair. She became a very shy individual, bordering on social anxiety. This was certainly not helped by the constant bullying she was enduring at both the hands of her own cabinmates and the Ares cabin. The Aphrodite head counselor at the time - Victoria Langdon - was the worst offender, often teasing her about her looks, her braces, or her quickly growing height. Nicknames like "metalmouth" and "traintracks" were frequent visitors, as well as "giraffe" and less creative insults. Not to mention the trickery and gaslighting that she was subjected to. She put up with the torment for quite some time before it all became too much for her to bear. At age thirteen, she spent a few days in the infirmary, and Chiron had her professionally evaluated by a mortal psychiatrist. She was prescribed citalopram (brand name Celexa) for depression and anxiety, and has been on it ever since. The dosage has increased over the years, and is now at 40 mg. The shift that occurred when she was finally medicated played a large part in her coming out of her shell, and actually interacting with others. She made a few good friends during this time, other than Chuck of course. A little over a year later, she had finally had enough. Fourteen-year-old Mirabelle stood up to Victoria and challenged her for the head counselor position. She knew she was young, and that she hadn't really thought it out, but she didn't care. Victoria's reign of terror had gone on too long, and she wasn't the only person who had been victimised. Mirabelle was tired of being bullied and judged, and seeing her fellow cabinmates go through similar suffering had sealed Victoria's fate. During the battle, all the rage and pain built up over the years exploded out of her. It was a sight that would've impressed even Ares himself - weaponising all of that anguish. However, she almost killed Victoria in her blind fury. One of the onlookers thankfully ran to get Chiron before Mirabelle could finish the job, and they were able to save Victoria with the help of nectar and ambrosia. Victoria has since gotten older and moved on from Camp Half-Blood, but the guilt Mirabelle carries about the brutal acts she committed is with her to this day. All in all, most of the Aphrodite campers - and some others - know not to push her too far for fear of a repeat incident. The moniker 'Mira the Red' is still often thrown around in reference to this situation. It was even rumoured that she may be a legacy of Ares in addition to being a child of Aphrodite for a while.
    Since that regrettable incident, the Aphrodite cabin has been much less cruel overall. They still gossip, of course, but any bullying will quickly be snuffed out by Mirabelle herself.

Personal Relationships
Mirabelle is quite friendly with most campers. She makes it her business to at least learn everybody's name, preferred pronouns, and godly parent. The only cabin she bears a grudge towards is the Ares cabin, but that has to do with their past acts of bullying and using her as their personal punching bag for many years. She's quite wary around most children of Ares, and does her best to avoid them.

ϟ - neutral║✔ - positive║✗ - negative║✖ - enemy║✩ - friend║★ - close friend║♡ - love int.║♥ - romance║♤ former love int.║♠ former romance

Daniel Everhart [-]
    Mirabelle's father, Daniel Everhart, is a well-known fashion
    designer in the United States, and he is quickly becoming
    more famous around the world. Chances are, if you're
    fashion-conscious, you've heard of him. He currently lives in
    upstate New York; on Lake Placid - in the same house where
    Mirabelle grew up. Mirabelle gets very uncomfortable when he
    is mentioned in conversation, and will abruptly change the
    subject. She has even taken down some of his posters from her
    cabinmates' bunks before.
Aphrodite [ϟ]
    Mirabelle wasn't thrilled when she was claimed by Aphrodite.
    She held a lot of anger towards the goddess at first, but has since
    let most of it go. Apart from being left Rhódon, she hadn't had
    many interactions with her mother until recently. Credit where
    credit is due; Aphrodite has aided her thus far concerning the
    quest.
Chiron [★]
    Mirabelle is relatively close with Chiron; he knows a lot
    about her past and her personal life. In addition, he has
    helped her through a rather difficult time in her life, and she
    will never forget that. She almost views him as a father-figure
    of sorts, though no one could ever replace her dad. Chiron has
    been known to check in with her from time-to-time to make
    sure she's doing okay, and even gives her a singular cupcake
    with a candle sticking out of it on every birthday she's had at
    Camp Half-Blood.
Mr. D [ϟ]
    Despite his insistence on calling her by the wrong name,
    Mirabelle doesn't actually mind the wine god all that much. She
    wouldn't say they're close by any means, but she has a healthy
    amount of respect for Dionysus.
Chuck [★]
    Mirabelle has a rather odd friendship with Chuck - no one
    would expect it, but the two of them are very close. They
    were friends before Camp Half-Blood and have been ever
    since. While others may find his 70's obsession and speech
    patterns annoying, Mirabelle finds them endearing. Chuck
    knows most of her secrets, being a confidante of hers and
    having witnessed a good deal of the traumatic incidents that
    happened in her past.
Vivienne [ϟ]
    Mirabelle didn't know Vivienne personally during her time
    at Camp Half-Blood, but she heard of the terrible accident
    that happened to Audra. She knew the two were close -
    practically inseparable. She was one of many present for the
    funeral; when things spiraled out of control. The only
    difference is that Mirabelle could feel Vivienne's pain. Her
    agony, her devastation, her rage; she could feel it all, and it
    threatened to drown her. As such, she views Vivienne in a more
    sympathetic light than others might, and is willing to give her
    the benefit of the doubt.
Juliet [✗♠]
    Mirabelle and Juliet have a... complicated history, to say
    the least. They became unlikely friends when Juliet first arrived
    at Camp Half-Blood, and only grew closer in the following years.
    Most people would have seen them only as good friends; they
    were very careful to present that way in public. In actuality,
    Mirabelle and Juliet were involved in a top secret romantic
    relationship. Only a select few knew of their tryst, namely
    Chuck. Some others have since figured it out for themselves, but
    nothing has ever been confirmed publicly by either girl. Juliet is
    the only person who has called Mirabelle "Meerkat", and she in
    turn calls Juliet "Jewel". The two still often use these pet names
    when talking with each other in private. They were together for
    about eight months in all, beginning in May of the last year and
    coming to a catastrophic end at the start of the current year.
    Romance or not, there are rumours floating around that they had
    a massive blowout fight and that's why they aren't friends anymore.
    As such, Mirabelle is awkward around Juliet, though the casual
    observer might not think so - the only indications of her discomfort
    are the fact that she subtly bites her cheeks, won’t make eye
    contact, and fidgets when Juliet is around. Needless to say, they
    stopped talking for a good period of time, and started avoiding
    each other. Recently, they've started talking again; albeit rather
    awkwardly. Both seem mildly uncomfortable around each other.
    There is still a great deal of care between them, however -
    Mirabelle would help Juliet out in a heartbeat.
Jamie [✩]
    Mirabelle is rather protective of Jamie, especially given his more
    pacifistic tendencies. She frequently shares her fashion designs and
    watercolour pieces with him, and enjoys seeing his fantastic artwork
    in return. She values his friendship and has even felt comfortable
    enough to open up about some of her own insecurities.
Dora [✩]
    Mirabelle considers Dora to be a good friend, though she
    doesn't necessarily allow herself to open up emotionally. She is
    always looking out for the younger girl, particularly when Mark isn't
    around to watch after her. She will always encourage Dora's
    creative tendencies, and admires her skill with oil paints. In truth,
    Mirabelle sees pieces of herself in Dora; she reminds her a bit of
    her younger self. However, due to Dora's psychometry abilities,
    Mirabelle is very careful not to touch her - both out of a selfless
    fear of burdening her with the trauma she has experienced, and
    the selfish fear of her secrets being discovered.
Mark [✔]
    Mirabelle isn't the closest with Mark, but deeply admires his
    protective instincts - a trait which they both share. She finds his
    cynical outlook mildly refreshing, albeit hurtful at times.
    Nonetheless, she always treats him with respect.
Aggy [✔]
    Mirabelle helped show Aggy around Camp Half-Blood when
    she'd first arrived, and has witnessed firsthand how skilled she is
    with a blade. This earned her Mirabelle's respect, though that may
    change when Aggy's divine heritage is revealed. Mirabelle is also
    rather protective of Aggy, despite not knowing her all that well.
    She sees it as her responsibility to keep the younger and less
    experienced demigods from harm, and Aggy is no exception to
    that.
Will [★♤]
    Mirabelle has a lot of respect for Will, and would even
    consider him to be among her closest friends. Though his
    occasional bluntness may hurt sometimes, she knows he means
    well by it. She deeply appreciates the little things he does to show
    he cares, especially when she's feeling particularly stressed or
    down about something. She will gladly strike up a conversation
    with him, regardless of the topic. Will's company has always been
    welcome to her; his easygoing nature is a breath of fresh air
    amidst all the drama. When they first met, she had a bit of a crush
    on him, but that soon faded as she realised he wasn't interested in
    girls. Despite that mildly awkward revelation, she has come to
    deeply value their friendship and is quite upset she didn't get to
    see him before she left on the quest.
Lucy [✖]
    Mirabelle does not like Lucy, to put things lightly.
    Despite Mirabelle's friendly persona, she actively avoids the
    daughter of Apollo. She has even taken to calling her
    'Hurricane Lucy' in her mind. Mirabelle will warn others of Lucy's
    more manipulative tendencies if it comes up in conversation, but
    otherwise tries not to even speak of her for fear of somehow being
    overheard. She would stand up to Lucy, if Lucy didn't have a
    wealth of Mirabelle's secrets at her disposal to spill if she ever
    steps out of line. When confronted with having to interact with
    Lucy, she'll do her best not to let her anxiety show. Any physical
    contact - especially a hug - will quickly cause her to lose her
    composure. However, Lucy is still part of Camp Half-Blood, and
    Mirabelle would risk her life for her if the situation called for it.
Jude [★]
    Mirabelle gets along very well with Jude overall, despite her
    initial resistance to Jude's attempts to help her with her issues.
    Even still, she will go to inordinate lengths to insist that she's
    fine, even when all evidence points to the contrary. She has
    eventually given in and confided in Jude on a few occasions, and
    counts her among the few people she's okay with physical contact
    from. In addition, she admires Jude's prowess in battle and sees
    her as an equal.
Aoife [✩]
    Though Aoife is a bit brash, Mirabelle knows she means well
    and does her best to look out for her. She appreciates Aoife's
    honesty, though her bluntness can be hurtful at times. Whenever
    Aoife gets herself into trouble, Mirabelle is one of the first to help
    her out of whatever mess she's in, regardless of how deep or bad it
    may be. She tends to worry over Aoife a fair amount and can
    sometimes be a little overbearing. Aoife's outgoing optimism and
    constant attempts to make Mirabelle laugh and smile are vastly
    cherished, especially when Mirabelle is having a bad day. Mirabelle
    is careful in regards to revealing sensitive information around
    Aoife, however. Though she knows it's not Aoife's fault, that girl
    cannot keep secrets to save her life. All in all, Mirabelle cares a
    good deal about Aoife and has come to greatly value her
    friendship.
Riley [✩]
    Though Mirabelle dislikes being talked down to, she and Riley
    actually get on quite well. She appreciates Riley's passion,
    generosity, and loyalty, but is sometimes hurt by the other girl's
    snarky comments. Despite their difference in tastes, Mirabelle
    admires Riley's fashion sense. She will gladly chat with Riley about
    fashion and makeup amongst other things. She doesn't let it show,
    but she tires easily of Riley's boasting, gossip, and selfish
    behaviours. Perhaps they remind her of a certain someone...
    Regardless of her qualms with certain qualities of Riley's, Mirabelle
    is always kind and empathetic towards the daughter of Zeus. She
    enjoys sparring with Riley; finding her to be a good match in the
    arena.
Emilios [ϟ]
    When Emilios first came to camp, Mirabelle tried to make him
    feel at home as she does with most new campers. His sharp tongue
    quickly put her at arm's length, however. As a result, she tends to
    avoid Emilios whenever possible.
Sylvester [ϟ]
    Mirabelle didn't know Sylvester very well before he left camp,
    save having been the victim of a few of his pranks. As such, she is
    rather cautious around him. Despite the fact that she thinks he's
    irresponsible, brash, and a bit immature, Mirabelle admires his
    compassion, friendliness, and willingness to help others.
Tulip [★]
    Given that Chuck and Tulip are such good friends, it's no
    surprise that Mirabelle made an effort to get to know her. She and
    Tulip bonded over their mutual love for animals and other shared
    interests at first, and became good friends quickly. Any gift given
    to Mirabelle is greatly cherished, and Mirabelle often makes gifts
    of her own to give in return. She enjoys simply being around Tulip,
    from chatting to hanging out with Chuck as a group.
Hannah [✩]
    Mirabelle isn't all that close with Hannah, but considers her a
    friend nonetheless. She enjoys chatting with Hannah about art in
    general, especially given that they share a preferred medium. She
    knows Hannah well enough to tell when she needs to be alone, and
    will give her space and understanding whenever she is upset.
    Overall, Mirabelle sees Hannah as an equal and holds a good
    amount of respect for her.
Zeke [✩]
    Mirabelle gets along quite well with Zeke. She greatly
    appreciates his tendencies towards peacemaking rather than
    instigating, as most of his siblings tend to do. She has a bit of a
    soft spot for him; even considering him to be her favourite child of
    Hermes. Mirabelle does get a little nervous about his proclivity for
    heights, but does her best not to let it show. She tries to keep him
    out of trouble when at all possible.
Collin [★]
    Mirabelle sees a lot of herself in Collin. They both put
    everyone else before themselves, have low self-esteem, and tend
    to bottle up all of their emotions. As such, it comes as no surprise
    that they get along very well. Mirabelle enjoys Collin's company,
    whether they're chatting or simply hanging out together.
Cabinmates
Ophelia [★]
    Mirabelle always admires Ophelia's bold sense of style, fierce
    loyalty, and unabashed honesty. She counts herself lucky that she
    gets to see Ophelia's softer side, and has even started to trust her.
    She sees a lot of herself in Ophelia, and cares deeply for her.
Alex [ϟ]
    Alex was probably one of the only people at camp truly capable of
    annoying Mirabelle. As she is with most of her cabinmates, she was
    quick to nip any of the more harmful gossip in the bud. She
    certainly found some of his actions amusing, though his more brash
    antics tended to cause her worry and frustration. She blames
    herself for his death because she was not there to prevent it.
Celeste [✩]
    Though they've only just met, Mirabelle has a high amount of
    respect for Celeste. She can already feel a sisterly bond
    beginning to grow between them. Mirabelle wishes she had more
    time to connect with Celeste before leaving on the Mount Marcy
    quest, but unfortunately 'twas not to be.
Relia [✩]
    Mirabelle gets along well with Relia, and would even consider
    her to be a friend. She sees a lot of herself in Relia, and greatly
    understands her tendency to overthing - she does a fair amount of
    that herself. She is always there for Relia if she needs someone;
    she knows how difficult it can be to bottle up emotions and will
    gladly provide whatever support she can. As Relia's Head Counselor
    and friend, she feels a responsibility towards her that can
    sometimes manifest in fierce protective instincts.
Robyn [?]
    Words

Reese [★]
    Mirabelle and Reese have a lot in common, and as
    such it's no wonder that they are good friends. She's glad
    to have someone to talk to about sewing and embroidery
    other than her cabinmates. She also admires his
    selflessness and compassion for others, and finds his
    old-fashioned ways to be rather charming. He is currently
    teaching her how to knit, in exchange for crocheting
    lessons.
Emmie [✩]
    Mirabelle sees Emmie as a good friend! Though she
    wouldn't consider them to be emotionally close, she
    admires Emmie's constant positivity and hard-working
    tendencies. In addition, Emmie is among Mirabelle's
    favourite sparring partners.
Ash [✔]
    Mirabelle views Ash in a positive light, and gets along
    with him relatively well. His easygoing nature is always
    welcome, though she is a bit wary knowing of his friendship
    with Juliet and propensity for potential pranks.
Jack [✩]
    Mirabelle enjoys Jack's company, and will gladly
    chat with him about anything, especially crocheting.
    She is also eternally grateful to Jack for defending her
    after her rather violent ascension to the position of
    Head Counselor.
Caleb [✔]
    Mirabelle gets along fine with Caleb, though they
    aren't especially close. She is one of the few people who
    can see through his extraversion and bravado to the
    insecurities beneath, though she doesn't necessarily voice
    it. She empathises with him in that sense - she too wears a
    mask.
Jen [ϟ]
    Mirabelle doesn't see eye to eye with Jen overall;
    they are too fundamentally different for that. Knowing
    that Jen is a friend of Lucy's, she's rather wary around
    them. She admires Jen's logical approach, though she isn't
    able to empathise with putting logic above emotion. She
    would never say it aloud, but she feels that Jen is
    calloused and has no respect for their lack of loyalty.
Kathryn [✖]
    Mirabelle holds great contempt for Kathryn. Not
    Lucy-level contempt, but pretty close. She is one of the
    few who can see through Kathryn's lies and manipulations,
    and she will not stand for it. She suspects that some of the
    more cruel pranks that have been pulled on her were
    Kathryn's doing, but she has no way to prove it. She will
    warn anyone she can of Kathryn's dark nature, though she
    faces a similar issue with Lucy in that people tend not to
    believe her.
Leo [ϟ]
    Mirabelle admires Leo's attempts to control his anger,
    though she's still quite wary around him. She sees a lot of
    herself in him, and that scares her deep down.
Laurel [ϟ]
    Mirabelle greatly admires Laurel's high level of
    self-confidence. She respects how powerful the daughter
    of Zeus is, especially after she heard about Laurel's role in
    helping those affected by the Big House collapse. Laurel's
    bluntness can be hurtful at times, however; Mirabelle is
    quite sensitive at her core and occasionally takes it
    personally even when she knows she shouldn't.
Ana [✩]
    Though Mirabelle was initially put off by Ana's
    impassivity, she took the younger girl under her wing upon
    her arrival to Camp Half-Blood. As she got to know Ana,
    she grew to like her ever more and would even call her a
    friend at this point. From helping her talk out her past
    trauma to teaching her fighting techniques in the arena,
    Mirabelle genuinely enjoys spending time with Ana. She
    can be a bit overbearing and protective at times, but that
    only goes to show how deeply she cares.
Lieutenant Laika [ϟ]
    Mirabelle holds respect for Laika to a degree, though
    she doesn't necessarily enjoy being ordered around. Where
    others might view Laika's lion form as an intimidation
    tactic, Mirabelle sees it as a faster, more agile means of
    transportation. The only issue is that she is technically
    allergic to Laika in lion form, so she tends to avoid her if
    she hasn't taken any Claritin.
Teilo [✔]
    Though Teilo is still relatively new to camp, Mirabelle
    has a healthy amount of respect for him. From what she
    has seen so far, he seems like a good person. She looks
    forward to the opportunity to get to know him better on
    the Mount Marcy quest.
Rose [✩]
    Mirabelle gets along well with Rose, and would even
    consider her a friend. They initially bonded over their
    shared interests, and have been friends ever since.
    Mirabelle thinks Rose's name is very pretty; especially
    since it's her favourite flower. She likes Minccino as well,
    despite not knowing all that much about chinchillas or
    their care.
Elfie [✔]
    Mirabelle is friendly with Elfie, though she wouldn't
    necessarily consider her a friend. She has heard of Elfie's
    fame from her cabinmates, but doesn't think much of it,
    unlike them. Mirabelle sees a bit of herself in Elfie, but is
    a little wary around her because Elfie is one of the few
    who can see through her mask of sunshine and rainbows to
    the darker things that lie beneath. Mirabelle is also a bit
    uncertain as to whether Elfie can sense her own struggles
    with mental health, being a daughter of Dionysus and all.
Dolion [✩]
    Mirabelle went out of her way to make Dolion feel at
    home at Camp Half-Blood, and became one of the boy's
    few friends. It can be difficult for her not to take his
    bluntness personally, but she is quick to forgive. She
    enjoys spending time with both Dolion and his snake.
Dahlia [★]
    Mirabelle considers Dahlia to be a close friend. She's
    relatively close with the sisters, though has a remarkably
    different relationship with each. She has known both since
    her early days at camp, and even went through her rather
    embarrassing goth phase alongside Dahlia. Though Dahlia
    puts on a 'tough girl' persona, Mirabelle can see through to
    the softer person beneath. They have bonded over both
    their mutual care for Delilah as well as the fact that
    they're both a bit of hopeless romantics. In addition, she
    deeply admires the strong love shown between Dahlia and
    Delilah. Dahlia is one of Mirabelle's preferred sparring
    partners.
Senior Counsel
Delilah [★♥]
    Mirabelle has a very close relationship with Delilah,
    and has known her since her early days at camp. She is one
    of the only people Mirabelle is comfortable with in the
    sense of physical contact, but even so, she still prefers to
    be asked or given an indicator first. In addition, Delilah is
    also one of the only people having Mirabelle's full trust -
    Delilah helped her through a very difficult time, and was
    privy to one of Mirabelle's guiltiest secrets. Mirabelle is
    greatly appreciative of Delilah's small gestures of care,
    such as her tendency to give her flowers when she knows
    she's having a bad day. In addition, she doesn't judge
    Delilah's wings whatsoever, and even finds them beautiful.
    She is exceptionally protective of Delilah and would do
    anything for her. Mirabelle also tends to get flustered
    easily around Delilah, for reasons she would never say
    aloud... Nonetheless, she deeply admires the bond
    between Delilah and her sister.
Sky [★]
    Mirabelle is good friends with Skylar, and is quite
    caring and protective of her. However, she can be a little
    overbearing at times, and sometimes will push it too far
    with the caretaking. She is protective over Skylar and sees
    her almost like a younger sister, despite the fact that the
    daughter of Hecate is only one year younger than her. As
    both her friend and a fellow head counselor, she usually
    respects Sky's opinions and listens to what she has to say.

Aiden [✩]
    Mirabelle has a good of respect for Aiden, stemming
    from both his prowess in battle and general intelligence,
    as well as his loyalty to Camp Half-Blood. She considers
    him to be level-headed and dependable. Although she
    knows he is perfectly capable of defending himself,
    Mirabelle can't help but feel a bit protective over Aiden.
    She feels lucky to call him a friend and relishes working
    with him on the Senior Counsel.
Orin [✔]
    Mirabelle is rather fond of Orin's positive attitude,
    though she finds his energy slightly overwhelming at times.
    She admires his empathy skills and his lighthearted
    humour; even just being around him tends to cheer her up
    when she's feeling less-than-chipper. That being said, she is
    not blind to Orin's suffering or tactics of deflection. She
    sees a lot of herself in him, and yet they are even more
    similar than they know.
Hank [✩]
    Mirabelle is on friendly terms with Hank; she admires
    his caring nature and appreciates his goofy antics. She
    absolutely adores Izzy, and will gladly shower the English
    Pointer with attention whenever she gets the chance. She
    is very respectful of when Izzy is working, however, and
    knows not to distract her from her job.
Auggie [ϟ]
    Mirabelle respects Auggie, though they are not close
    by any means. She is a sensitive type by nature, and
    Auggie's sharp tongue tends to keep her at an arm's length.
Cass [ϟ]
    Mirabelle has a healthy amount of respect for Cass,
    though she is a little wary around her due to the closeness
    between Cass and Juliet. She secretly wonders if Juliet
    disclosed the nature of their relationship to Cass, which
    only makes her more nervous around her. Of course,
    Mirabelle is still friendly to Cass and actually sees a lot
    of herself in her. In different circumstances, they could
    have easily been friends.
Hu [ϟ]
    Mirabelle admires how much Hu seems to care for
    those around her, but she also finds some of her
    behaviours to be childish and immature. She does feel
    somewhat protective of her however, probably for this
    reason.
Aydan [✔]
    Mirabelle only knows the basic information about
    Aydan by this point, but she thinks he's a good-hearted guy.
    She admired his willingness to help Ophelia after the
    emotionally jarring Big House collapse. If Aydan and
    Ophelia continue on their current trajectory towards
    romance, she will certainly want to get to know him more
    in interest of protecting her friend and sister.
Shaye [?]
    Words
Nathan [★]
    Mirabelle and Nathan bonded over their many shared
    interests and hobbies initially. Through that bond, a strong
    friendship was formed. She helped him learn how to be a
    Head Counselor when he came into the position, and did
    her best to aid in him feeling more comfortable in the
    role. She finds his distaste for fame and popularity oddly
    refreshing, especially given that he is one of the few
    people who wouldn't recognise her surname. She is greatly
    appreciative of his attempts to comfort her when she's
    having a bad day, and will gladly repay the favour when
    she can. She admires his ability to see the best in
    everyone, even when they can't see it in themselves.
    Despite the bittersweet memories rom-coms bring up, she
    has and will watch them with Nathan if he's having a rough
    day. Overall, Mirabelle sees Nathan like a younger sibling
    and is quite protective of him; even overprotective at
    times.
Val [✩]
    Mirabelle met Val soon after she arrived at Camp
    Half-Blood, and would consider her a longtime friend. Val
    was one of the people who helped Mirabelle hone her
    combat skills in the beginning. Mirabelle was a great
    student - she learned quickly and listened well. Not to
    mention that her former self-defence training gave her a
    leg up in hand-to-hand combat. Mirabelle looked up to Val
    a lot when she was younger, and still does to a degree.
    Regardless, she is still on guard whenever she's around Val,
    knowing of her proclivity for mind games and her ability to
    sense mental illness. She absolutely adores Ichiro and will
    gladly spend time with the snake as well.
Mateo [★]
    Mirabelle will often spend hours chatting with Mateo
    about designs, from weapons to armour to clothing. He
    even fashioned most of her weapons; working off of
    concepts she sketched out for him. She empathises with
    Mateo on a deeper level as well; she sees some of herself
    in him. Whether they are just hanging out or having a
    hand-to-hand sparring match in the arena, Mirabelle
    always enjoys spending time with Mateo.
Cain [✩]
    Though Cain's apathetic nature was a bit
    disheartening at first, she determinedly pushed through it
    and made friends with him. She is not shy on praise or
    gratitude, though hers is always completely genuine. She
    admires his painting skills and looks up to him as an artist.
    Mirabelle is always happy to chat with Cain, specifically
    about different art mediums and techniques. His skills in
    conning are rivalled by hers in perception, though she
    keeps her observations to herself for the most part.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 65 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Juliet Pratten

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 am

General Information
Full name: Juliet Delilah Pratten
Nicknames: Jules, JD, JP
Birthday: December 22nd
Sexuality: A proud lesbian <3

Camp Information
Godly Parent: Hermes
Cabin: 11
Number of Beads on Necklace: 3

Weapon
Mr. Pointy
    A small celestial bronze dagger. It looks heavily used, with many scratches and nicks along the edges. Juliet often keeps Mr. Pointy strapped to her left ankle, hidden by her combat boots.

Powers
Audiokinesis
    Though not to the level of charmspeak, Juliet is incredibly persuasive. She often uses this ability to convince someone into doing something risky, or talk someone out of a few drachmas. She can also throw her voice so it seems like it's coming from somewhere else, and mimic voices to an extent.
Supernatural Stealth
    Juliet instinctively knows the best ways in which to avoid detection. She is rarely caught when sneaking around, evasive as she is.
Sticky Fingers
    Juliet's abilities in stealth also extend to stealing. She is even able to steal from other demigods without them noticing.
Clauditiskinesis
    Juliet can manipulate any kind of lock. ,She can sense its internal structure and mechanisms of any lock she touches, and even unlock it telekinetically. In addition, she is able to detect any curses or traps put on a lock by simply being in its proximity. Some of said curses and traps can be deactivated with hard enough concentration.
It's A Trap!
    Juliet can sense any physical traps in her vicinity.
Enhanced Speed
    Juliet can run faster than the average demigod, especially if adrenaline is pumping through her veins.

Skills
Archery
    Though she's no Apollo kid, Juliet is relatively decent at archery. She's an incredibly stealthy archer and will often shoot from a tree or other perch where she can remain hidden.
Ice Hockey
    Juliet is an excellent skater on any frozen surface. And not those dainty, pinchy figure skates. Juliet wears hockey skates, and a mean pair of them at that. She is known for being a very aggressive hockey player, both on and off the ice. She prefers ice hockey because it requires multiple skills and more dexterity.
Pranks
    Juliet is a notorious prankster, and often comes up with wild or elaborate pranks. She will gladly drag anyone who's willing into one of her harebrained schemes, so long as they're not a snitch.
Drumming
    Though she's no expert by any means, Juliet is a decent drummer and can keep a steady rhythm. She doesn't play all that much anymore, but she can pick it back up again in a pinch.

Physical Description
General
    Juliet is 5'3" (approx. 160 cm); short yet surprisingly wiry. She has a little extra cushioning, but wouldn't be considered overweight. Her skin is naturally bronzed, Her eyes are hazel in colour, and almond-shaped. She has full lips and a relatively broad, rather rectangular nose. Juliet never wears any makeup, but that won't stop her from stealing it.
    Her hair is mid-length and dirty blonde, with darker undertones. It is always pulled up in a ponytail, and usually left unbrushed. The ends of her hair are rather uneven; she cuts it herself. Very rarely she will attempt to braid her hair; an excursion that always results in a tangled mess.
Identifying Marks
    Juliet has a few small scars scattered throughout her body, but otherwise nothing too notable. She loves tattoos and has a few herself: a flock of birds stretching from her left shoulder across her upper back, and a caduceus on her inner left arm she got after being claimed by Hermes.
Style
    Juliet usually wears clothes that are easy to move in - cotton camisoles, flannels, jeans, yoga pants, you name it. She has often been told that she dresses "like a hobo", but she could care less. T-shirts with bad puns or silly slogans on them are a favourite of hers; she even has one shirt that simply says "pants". Cargo pants are another preferred article of clothing; they have many pockets in which trinkets and stolen goods can be stashed. She has a particular fondness for camo and the colour army green, and is never seen without a solid green army jacket with a variety of patches ironed onto it. Said patches include an "I want to believe" X-Files patch with a UFO stitched into it, a Toronto Maple Leafs patch, some patches of Mario characters, various band patches such as AC/DC, Nirvana, Bowie, Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, and others. She also has a good amount of movie patches such as Ghostbusters, Friday the 13th, Rebel Without a Cause, James Bond, etc. She often sports a pair of beat-up black combat boots or converse. Juliet doesn't care much about whether her socks match; she'll usually just grab two socks from her drawer and don them regardless of if they are a pair or not. This usually leaves her with mismatched socks. As for hats, Juliet prefers baseball caps to anything else; often with silly quotes and such printed on them. She doesn't wear much jewellery, save earrings. Juliet has four piercings on each earlobe, and typically wears bronze studs or very small hoops. On her left ear, she has a double helix, daith, and conch piercing. On her right ear, she has a tragus, orbital, and industrial piercing. Her industrial piercing is shaped like an arrow. Juliet also wears a rather beat-up friendship bracelet - given to her by Cass when she first got to camp - on her left wrist. Though the colours are faded and stained as of now, she never takes it off.
    Juliet absolutely hates dresses and wouldn't be caught dead wearing one. She finds them incredibly impractical, not to mention "girly".

Digging Deeper
Personality
    "I don't steal, per say - I borrow for an indeterminate amount of time!"
    Juliet is very sarcastic, playful, childish, and opinionated. Her general air of nonchalance can easily rub others the wrong way. She has a blatant disregard for what others think of her and has a tendency to be brutally honest when telling someone what she thinks of them. She is also quite the prankster; her most famous prank being when she joined forces with a Hephaestus camper and set fire to Mr. D's shirt while he was napping. Of course, being a god, he was relatively unharmed, but threatened to turn the both of them into crazed dolphins. Though she can push it a bit too far with the practical jokes sometimes, Juliet usually doesn't mean any harm. She can be a little bit of a bully though, especially when it comes to newer campers. Ever heard of the "new camper initiation ritual?" It's the one thing she agrees with the Ares cabin on. Juliet is rather lazy unless she's doing something that involves stealing, pranking, or beating someone up. She does enjoy capture the flag games and unarmed combat, however, especially when she has the opportunity to loot unconscious campers. Although Juliet is a bit selfish, she won't hesitate to protect her friends. Despite her lackadaisical nature, Juliet does have a competitive streak that occasionally rears its head. She is the type of person to do something entirely out of spite. Though she comes off as mostly unbothered by insults and will even turn them into banter, there are a few things that will get under her skin and cause her to lose her temper.
Quirks
    She has a slight Brooklyn accent that comes out much stronger around other Brooklyn accents - snores very loudly - has no sense of table manners whatsoever - has a driver's license but is a terrible driver - handwriting is nearly illegible - loves to sing but has a comically terrible voice - a total slob - actually pretty strong; works out by punching dummies in the arena - decent at repairing hardware, so long as its not too complex
    Joking around - pulling pranks - instigating - video games - "borrowing" other people's stuff - mocking Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" - sassing Mr. D and Chiron - stealing from the camp store - sweets - Canada - maple syrup - ice hockey - birds - rodents - mustelids - old movies - bad puns - 90's tv shows - loitering - sunflowers - meats; especially fried chicken - punching stuff - junk food
Dislikes
    Getting caught - talking about emotions - apologising - basically anything that involves her having to get serious - being told what to do or how to act - "gender roles" - authority figures - coffee - fake maple syrup - admitting when she's afraid of something - picking up after herself - being called "Julie" by anyone besides her family - anything "girly" - people who talk during movies
Fears
    Hypodermic needles - large bodies of water - snakes - fear itself
History
    Although Juliet isn't necessarily practising, she was raised Jewish. Her mother's entire side of the family is Jewish, though her Zayde was originally Christian and converted. Every year, her entire family travels to her grandparents' house for Passover. Juliet is quite close with her granparents; they helped to raise her in the early years seeing as her mother didn't have a longterm partner until Juliet was seven years old. Enter Steve. Though Juliet wasn't happy about him at first, she grudgingly grew to like him as she got to know him. They share many of the same interests, and they even started the tradition of "Friday movie nights" when she became more accepting of him. About six months into their relationship, they got a nice two-bedroom apartment in Brooklyn. Nothing fancy, but a step up from Juliet's former residence. After two years of dating her mother, Steve finally proposed. Juliet was a flower girl at the wedding, though any pictures with her in it show a very angry flower girl because her mom forced her into wearing a dress for the occasion. She got her revenge by placing whoopee cushions under all the chair cushions of the bridesmaids before the service. Where did she get the whoopee cushions? No one knows.
    Juliet has always had a habit of stealing things. Due to her thieving nature, she was kicked out of a different elementary school almost every two months. However, as her skill increased, she was able to find ways of avoiding scrutiny, therefore avoiding being expelled from so many schools. Finally, at the age of 13, she befriended the satyr at the middle school she was attending. However, this did not go unnoticed by some sinister forces. Juliet had felt as if someone had been watching her for quite some time, but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. It wasn't until she decided to steal the principal's office supplies for the sheer fun of it that this mysterious presence was revealed. The principal turned out to be a Scythian dracanae, and, well... long story short, Juliet and the satyr managed to escape to Camp Half-Blood. She's been living there since that incident; her parents thought it would be safer for her there. Not to mention the fact that they would stop getting calls from schools about their daughter stealing this or that. She still goes back home to visit when she can, and Iris-messages her parents at least once a week. Angela and Steve still live in their Brooklyn apartment, where Steve is an elementary school teacher - 3rd grade, to be exact - and Angela is a manager at the local Target. Angela also coaches the kids' hockey team at the school where Steve teaches. They both have thick Brooklyn accents, whereas Juliet doesn't have much of one anymore, but it comes out around her parents. For her last birthday, Angela and Steve decided to get her a "partner in crime". They rescued a ferret from a local shelter, knowing Juliet had always wanted one. Of course, they thought it would be hilarious to name him Romeo. Romeo travels with Juliet to camp and back, keeping her company.

Personal Relationships
ϟ - neutral║✔ - positive║✗ - negative║✖ - enemy║✩ - friend║★ - close friend║♡ - love int.║♥ - romance║♤ former love int.║♠ former romance

Angela Pratten [★]
    Juliet has a good relationship with her mother; they are even
    considered to be relatively close. Though she knows it might sound
    lame, Juliet plays ice hockey with her mom and her friends
    whenever she visits home. Her mom also appreciates humour and
    is quite silly herself, though often with embarrassing results.
    Angela can be overbearing at times, but it all comes from a place
    of love. Juliet isn't exactly fluent in Yiddish, but she knows most of
    the slang. Her mother, on the other hand, speaks both Yiddish and
    Hebrew with startling accuracy. She has a habit of throwing Yiddish
    words into her speech, which tends to confuse those who don't
    know the language. Angela is very supportive of Juliet's sexuality,
    and even accompanies her to LGBTQ+ rallies with her own
    hand-painted signs. She often asks Juliet when she's going to
    "find a nice girl", and was rather disappointed when Juliet and
    Mira's relationship fell through. Angela is one of the only people
    in existence allowed to call Juliet "Julie".
Steve Borgmann [★]
    Juliet's stepdad entered the picture when she was seven
    years old, first as her mom's boyfriend, then as a fiancé a few
    years later and finally a husband. Juliet was even a flower girl at
    their wedding. Despite her reluctance at first, she has grown to
    think of Steve as a true father figure, and will even sometimes call
    him 'Dad'. He shares her love of old movies and bad puns; they
    often have movie-marathons on the weekends and see who can
    watch the most movies the latest without falling asleep - much
    to the frustration of Juliet's mother. Friday night is designated
    movie night, though that doesn't stop them from watching movies
    all day Saturday as well. Steve is one of the only people in
    existence allowed to call Juliet "Julie".
Hermes [✔]
    Juliet has only interacted with her godly parent on a few
    occasions, and most of those have been one-sided interactions.
    She often sacrifices parts of her meals to him in hopes of gaining
    his favour or blessing to aid her in her harebrained schemes.
    Genuinely, she thinks he's a fun guy and wouldn't mind him being a
    larger part of her life.
Chiron [ϟ]
    Juliet doesn't mind Chiron overall, despite the fact that the
    centaur has caught her setting up pranks and stealing from the
    camp store in the past. She tends to avoid him for the most part,
    unless she needs something from him.
Mr. D [✗]
    Juliet has made it her life's mission to make Mr. D's life
    miserable, and as such they often butt heads. He bears a
    particular distaste towards her after the whole
    "I-lit-your-shirt-on-fire" incident.
Mira [✗♠]
    Mirabelle and Juliet have a... complicated history, to say
    the least. They became unlikely friends when Juliet first arrived
    at Camp Half-Blood, and only grew closer in the following years.
    Most people would have seen them only as good friends; they
    were very careful to present that way in public. In actuality,
    Mirabelle and Juliet were involved in a top secret romantic
    relationship. Only a select few knew of their tryst, namely
    Chuck. Some others have since figured it out for themselves, but
    nothing has ever been confirmed publicly by either girl. Juliet is
    the only person who has called Mirabelle "Meerkat", and she in
    turn calls Juliet "Jewel". The two still often use these pet names
    when talking with each other in private. They were together for
    about eight months in all, beginning in May of the last year and
    coming to a catastrophic end at the start of the current year.
    Romance or not, there are rumours floating around that they had
    a massive blowout fight and that's why they aren't friends anymore.
    Needless to say, they stopped talking for a good period of time,
    and started avoiding each other. Recently, they've started talking
    again; albeit rather awkwardly. Both seem mildly uncomfortable
    around each other. Juliet wishes that they could go back to being
    friends, but they left things off on such a sour note that she doubts
    it will be that simple. There is still a great deal of care between
    them, however - Juliet would run to Mira's aid in a heartbeat;
    something she definitely wouldn't do for just anyone. She even goes
    out of her way to make sure that her pranks don't cause Mira any
    harm. If asked about her feelings, however, she'll more often than
    not say something offhanded or make a tasteless joke.
Shaggy [ϟ]
    Chuck is one of Juliet's favourite pranking victims, when she's
    not looking for a challenge. He is rather easily frightened, and she
    uses that to her advantage. His 70's mannerisms and tendency to
    say "like" a lot remind her of Shaggy from Scooby Doo, so she calls
    him "Shaggy".
Ags [✩]
    Despite Aggy's hotheaded nature, Juliet is actually rather fond
    of the younger camper. Though she has only known her for a short
    time, Aggy is one of the few people who Juliet would put herself at
    risk for. She admires the fact that Aggy knows when to cut her
    losses, as demonstrated by the recent 'Frosty the Snowman' fiasco.
    Juliet will gladly call Aggy "Ags", if only for the pure purpose of
    annoying her.
Aiden [✩]
    Juliet is actually pretty comfortable with Aiden, despite her
    tendencies to avoid most of the Head Counselors. They have
    somewhat of an arrangement - if she pranks the Ares kids or
    anyone else he genuinely dislikes, he usually won't get her in
    trouble if he catches her. Overall, she thinks he's a good person
    and actually has a decent amount of respect for him, though she
    doesn't often show it.
Orin [✔]
    Despite not knowing Orin all that well, and the fact that he's a
    Head Counselor, Juliet finds him to be likable and good for a laugh.
    She appreciates Orin's quick wits and sense of humor almost as
    much as she like poking fun at him.
Dora the Explorer [✔]
    The amount of Dora the Explorer references Juliet makes
    whenever Dora is around could drown someone. Jokes aside, she
    sees Dora as a potential prank partner; her superpowered voice
    can easily be a fun tool to use.
Jen [✔]
    Juliet thinks Jen's pretty cool, for the most part. She
    appreciates the fact that Jen's worm shoelace friend is called
    James Dean, despite freaking out initially because she thought he
    was a small snake. She learned the hard way not to cross Jen, and
    tries as best she can to stay on their good side. She will gladly eat
    any bread they bake, though she's not exactly up to par on table
    manners or thanking the chef, apart from belching loudly. She
    also tends to make references to The Dark Crystal because Jen
    shares a name with one of the protagonists.
Kit Kat [✔]
    Juliet gets along pretty well with Kathryn. Though she's not
    oblivious to Kathryn's manipulative nature, she simply doesn't
    care. She'll gladly bring Kathryn into her harebrained schemes, so
    long as Kathryn gets something out of it. She owes Kathryn a
    decent amount of favours at this point, not that she minds all
    that much. Kathryn's constant flirtations provide entertaining
    banter for Juliet as well; they'll often flirt back and forth.
Riles [✩]
    Juliet loves bantering with Riley; the daughter of Zeus is one
    of the few people who can match her level of snark. They often
    engage in fierce pun battles and boasting competitions. All in good
    fun, of course. Though Juliet doesn't practise much anymore, she
    always enjoys a good jam session with Riley - Riley on guitar and
    Juliet on the drums. The two have snuck into the Hypnos cabin on
    multiple occasions to hijack Ash's gaming system, playing all sorts
    of multiplayer games. Juliet even pulls Riley into her harebrained
    schemes from time to time. They do butt heads occasionally
    though; Juliet can be rather rude at times. However, they always
    manage to work it out in the end.
Shaye [?]
    Words
Hot Dog [ϟ]
    Juliet calls Nathan "Hot Dog" because she is reminded of the
    Nathan's Famous she used to frequent in Coney Island. She used to
    prank him mercilessly in the past, but that all changed when he
    became a Head Counselor. Now, she does her best to avoid him.
    Overall she doesn't mind Nathan all that much, but his sappiness
    and distaste for video games make it difficult for her to like him.
Tutu [ϟ]
    Juliet doesn't know Tulip all that well, though a female satyr
    certainly stands out. Overall, she finds Tulip to be too mushy and
    emotional for her liking, but good fodder for pranks.
Bill Nye the Science Naiad [ϟ]
    Juliet is pretty indifferent towards Hannah overall, despite
    the nymph's obvious distaste for her. Dying Hannah's river hot pink
    on a dare certainly didn't win Juliet any credit with her. Still,
    Hannah hasn't given Juliet any reason to outright dislike her. She
    enjoys competing with Hannah in any setting, save swimming of
    course. She will never pass up the opportunity to sing the "Bill Nye
    the Science Guy" theme whenever Hannah is around, much to the
    naiad's chagrin.
Rosebud [ϟ]
    Juliet doesn't know Rose all that well, but overall has no
    strong feelings about her. She has pranked the daughter of
    Demeter on several occasions, which probably didn't do anything to
    win Rose's friendship. She thinks Minccino is pretty cool, especially
    because he's named after a Pokémon.
Legolas [✩]
    Juliet first befriended Elfie for the sole bragging rights of
    knowing someone famous, but quickly realised Elfie was a lot more
    fun than she had initially thought. They occasionally butt heads,
    but also have some great banter and conversations in general.
    Their friendship is not a deeper emotional one; much more of a
    'fair-weather friends' type relationship. Juliet will gladly drag Elfie
    into her harebrained schemes from time to time.

Ophelia [✔]
    Juliet thinks Ophelia's pretty cool! Though she doesn't
    know her all that well yet, she holds her in positive regard
    and finds her likable enough.
Laurel [ϟ]
    Juliet is rather indifferent towards Laurel, though
    she does think her dog is cute.
Auggie [ϟ]
    Juliet doesn't know Auggie all that well, though she
    certainly appreciates her snarky comments. As a Head
    Counselor, she tends to avoid her when at all possible.
Alex [ϟ]
    Juliet had only met Alex briefly, but he seemed
    pretty much like a stereotypical Aphrodite kid. In that she
    would've loved to steal some permanent makeup from his
    cabin and make his face look like a clown's for a week.
    Man, the Aphrodite cabin is fun to prank. She's a little
    bummed that she didn't get that chance, but otherwise
    not too torn up over his death.
Teilo [✔]
    Juliet thinks Teilo's a pretty good guy, even though
    she's just met him. The whole 'frozen lake' debacle
    certainly has her thinking highly of him. She's a bit
    disappointed that he's going on the quest; she would've
    liked the chance to get to know him better.
Who [★♡]
    Juliet and Hu arrived to camp around the same time.
    Before Hu became Head Counselor, Juliet thought most of
    the Head Counselors were just stiff snobs who adhered to
    the rules all the time. If her other friendships haven't
    proven that wrong yet, her friendship with Hu certainly
    has. Juliet relishes in helping Hu out with any prank she's
    got cooking up, and will always let Hu know when she's
    got a prank of her own up her sleeve. Hu has nicknamed
    her "Shakespeare", and Juliet in turn calls Hu "Who" -
    despite the fact that the two sound pretty alike.
    Juliet may or may not have some slowly developing
    feelings towards Hu, though she hasn't admitted anything
    aloud as of yet.
Caspia [✔]
    Juliet has only just met Caspia, and isn't quite sure
    what to make of her yet. But Hu thinks she's cool, and
    that's good enough for her.
Scary Bone Kid [ϟ]
    Juliet only knows Reese as "that Hades kid who can
    do scary things with bones". Though he seems likeable
    enough, maybe a little bland, she tends to avoid him
    unless she needs something from him. It has not gone
    unnoticed that his full name is the same as one of the
    protagonists in The Titanic; Juliet will often sing
    "My Heart Will Go On" very loudly whenever he's around.
Jim Morrison [✔]
    Despite thinking Jack's a little boring, Juliet will
    occasionally loop him into her harebrained schemes.
    She has and will continue to use him for free
    piggyback rides, often shouting "onwards, noble steed!"
    or something equally as corny. She also tends to sing
    songs by the Doors whenever he's around and call him
    "Jim".
Lucifer [ϟ]
    Juliet has been warned of Lucy's more devious
    nature, but frankly, she doesn't care. She isn't above an
    alliance with Lucy if both of them get something out of it,
    or if their desires align.
*Wilhelm Scream* [ϟ]
    Juliet's only just met Will, but so far she thinks he's
    okay. Even though he elbowed her in the side. But bygones
    be bygones; she's not gonna hold a grudge over something
    as petty as that.
Sandman [✩]
    Juliet thinks it's really cool that Ash outfitted the
    Hypnos cabin with a video game cave, and sneaks over
    there to play video games when she's not busy pulling
    pranks. He even helps her out in her practical joking on
    occasion, which she is all too eager to accept. She's
    bummed that he's heading out on the quest, and she
    hopes he doesn't get himself killed. Who would she
    lose to in Mario Kart otherwise?
Lilah [✩]
    Overall, Juliet holds Delilah in a positive light. She
    finds it funny that her middle name is Delilah's first name,
    even singing the Queen song "Delilah" very obnoxiously
    just to make her smile. She doesn't mind being hugged by
    Delilah, though she's not usually one to talk touchy-feely
    stuff. When she first saw Delilah's wings, she thought they
    were totally weird, but that opinion quickly switched from
    "weird" to "cool" as soon as she learned that she could
    actually fly with them. She even tries to rope Delilah into
    her pranks and schemes on occasion.
Dahlia [✩]
    Juliet does everything she can to stay on Dahlia's
    good side, even gambling or betting with her on occasion.
    That being said, Juliet has been known to cheat at both
    activities. She'll gladly pull Dahlia into any harebrained
    scheme she comes up with, especially to tip the scales
    luck-wise. Really helps in not getting caught.
Caleb [✩]
    Juliet loves hanging out with Caleb. Though his
    constant flirtations can sometimes get on her nerves,
    overall she finds him super fun to chat with. She has even
    managed to rope him into her schemes on occasion.
Hey Jude [ϟ]
    Though Juliet gets annoyed by Jude's constant
    optimism, she overall doesn't mind the daughter of
    Hephaestus that much. She tends to avoid her for the
    most part, if only to escape the inevitable conversation
    topic of emotions. She'll deflect with humour whenever
    asked about anything remotely "mushy-gushy".
(WALL-E voice) Ee-Vah [✩]
    Juliet counts Aoife amongst her favourite pranking
    buddies at camp. Neither of them tends to think too far
    ahead, which often lands them in all sorts of trouble. In
    addition to pulling practical jokes, Juliet loves striking up
    banter with Aoife and enjoys hanging out with her in
    general.
Cain [✔]
    Juliet looks up to Cain as a con artist, but interact
    with him much. Except to send him out on grocery runs
    for her when she's not up to fighting monsters for some
    Lucky Charms.
Emilios [ϟ]
    Apart from pranking Emilios in his early days of camp,
    Juliet doesn't typically make a habit of interacting with
    him. She is vary aware that he doesn't like her; he made
    that pretty clear after she rifled through his stuff in the
    Hermes cabin. She'll gladly try to get a rise out of him
    when she can.
Val Pal [ϟ]
    Juliet doesn't have any real reason to like or dislike
    Val, though she finds her fun enough. She has volunteered
    for hypnosis upon many occasions, mostly because another
    camper dared her to. Still, it's all in good fun, right? Juliet
    tends to avoid Val whenever Ichiro is with her; seeing a
    snake always sends a shudder down her spine. Especially
    one as big as Ichiro.
Colon [✔]
    Juliet finds Collin friendly and fun enough, despite
    her rather unflattering nickname for him. She has
    definitely taken advantage of his helpful nature for a
    prank or two in the past, or just asking him to do things for
    her because she's lazy. Overall she enjoys being around
    him; he's a nice little sunspot in her life.
Season 1 Zuko [ϟ]
    Juliet has a like/hate relationship with Dolion overall.
    She tends to avoid him whenever he's with his snake, but
    otherwise teases him regularly. It's all in good fun,
    however - good fun for her, that is. She enjoys messing
    with Dolion and telling him that he looks like a real-life
    anime character. Is that a compliment or an insult? Who
    knows.
Cabinmates
Casserole [★]
    Though she may grimace and grumble every time Cass
    calls her "kid" or "kiddo", Juliet sees her Head Counselor as
    the older sister she never had. Cass is one of the few
    people she would put herself in danger for, as well as one
    of the only people Juliet will actually talk to about her
    feelings. That is, if she can even formulate them into
    words.
Sylvester [?]
    Will update when met!
Hide-and-Zeke [✔]
    Juliet gets on alright with Zeke, despite the fact that
    they tend to butt heads. Her as an instigator and him as a
    peacemaker can occasionally cause some issues between
    them. She has been told off by Zeke numerous times for
    her less friendly pranks, not that his chastising did any
    good. She'll definitely rope him into any scheme she has if
    she thinks he would like it - they're still cabinmates, after
    all.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 36 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chuck Oakes

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 am

General Information
Full name: Charles Oleander Oakes
Nicknames: Chuck! He goes by Chuck; no one really knows him as Charles.
Race: Satyr
Gender & Pronouns: Male, he/him
Age: He looks about 16, though Satyrs age half as fast as humans.
Birthday: September 3rd
Sexuality: Pansexual

Camp Information
Patron: Mr. D
Cabin: When he's not in the forest, Chuck often stays in Cabins 12 or 24, Dionysus's and Pan's honourary cabin respectively.

Weapons
Reed Pipes
    A set of panpipes that can be used to produce a variety of magical effects. The main abilities of the pipes are creating plant growth and encouraging existing plants to grow, as well as manipulating plants to the player's advantage - even plants as large as trees. They can also be used to scare bugs away from crops, cast tracking spells, cause confusion, open Orpheus' doorway, manipulate electrical power lines, summon and control animals, heal others, and create blessings. The pipes work by channeling powerful woodland magic into song. It is widely known that playing YMCA will cause the strawberry plants near the Big House to grow uncontrollably and start strangling people. Playing Poison Ivy is also a sure way to cause poison ivy to sprout up nearby.
Dave
    A whittling knife made of celestial bronze. Chuck named it "Dave" when he was a kid, after a rather misfortunate demigod he met at Camp Half-Blood. It has since retained that name.

Powers
Supersenses
    Satyrs have sensory abilities beyond those of a demigod, including enhanced hearing and smell on par with that of any wild animal. With this ability, Chuck can locate demigods and monsters by scent. His senses are sufficiently dampened when he's underground; everything smells the same. In addition, Chuck can also sense the emotions of both demigods and mortals.
Iron Stomach
    Chuck can eat a wide variety of materials, especially anything recyclable or biodegradable. This hasn't stopped him from eating forks and other more difficult to digest items. He also eats wood and grass as a natural part of his diet.
Beastspeak
    Chuck can speak with all manner of animals, including some monsters. He's said that cats tend to be rather sassy, and horses often have the mouth of a sailor.
Mountain Goat
    Due to his goat legs, Chuck can run and climb at superhuman speeds. This is somewhat hampered by the fact that he's a total klutz and will probably fall flat on his face if he tried climbing or running faster than he's used to.
Nature Magic
    Chuck can sense any form of nature magic. In addition, he practises woodland magic, though this is mostly cast through playing his reed pipes. In addition, he will reincarnate into a tree or a flower when he dies instead of going to the Underworld.
Empathy Link
    Chuck can create an Empathy link; a telepathic connection that allows the participants to feel each other's emotions, sense each other's presences, and communicate with each other in dreams. The downside of this is that if the other person dies, he will most likely also die.
Satyr's Sanctuary
    A blessing which can be bestowed upon animals or animal-like monsters. It protects them and allows them to easily find whatever they need to survive until they come across a safe place to live.

Physical Description
General
    Chuck is about 6'1" (approx. 185.5 cm). He has a rather stringbean build; he's tall and skinny with long and narrow features. His skin is on the paler side, but with a warm tint to it. He has a spattering of freckles across his nose, as well as some on his shoulders and other parts of his body. Chuck's eyes are quite wide, and a mossy green in colour. His hair and fur is relatively short but rather bushy, with caramel brown curls that shine copper in the sunlight. His bangs often fall into his face. He also has a small goatee on his chin. His two front teeth have a little gap in the middle and his nose turns up at the tip. Like all satyrs, his legs are those of a goat. He has medium-sized horns that curl back, and his ears are pointed at the tips.
Identifying Marks
    Aside from his freckles, Chuck doesn't have many marks or scars. He has no tattoos; he's mildly terrified of anything that could cause him pain.
Style
    Chuck wears whatever's comfortable, though he enjoys 70's fashion immensely. Bell-bottomed jeans, wide-leg pants, long collar shirts with crazy patterns, tie-dye t-shirts, you name it. He tends to port a lot of greens and browns in general. He doesn't wear many accessories, save a long peace-sign necklace and a friendship bracelets. Outside of camp, he wears long pants, fake feet, and a beanie to cover his pointy ears and his curly horns.

Digging Deeper
Personality
    Chuck is very laid-back most of the time, except when faced with social situations. Even a basic conversation can make him stutter uncontrollably, depending on who he's talking with. He is incredibly clumsy and has a tendency to trip over his own hooves. Like most satyrs, he will eat any object within reach when he gets nervous. He also rambles a lot whenever he is frightened. Chuck has a tendency to be rather lazy, but if he can be helpful in any way, he will gladly comply. With regard to others, he is usually rather timid. He has a hard time standing up for himself, but he will swallow his fear when it comes to defending his friends. Though not the most intelligent of people, Chuck is quite sensitive and will always turn a listening ear to someone in need. He's more likely to commiserate than offer advice, however. He is easily manipulated, and will believe anything anyone tells him at face value.
Quirks
    Talks in a 70's speech pattern - is a vegetarian - a pacifist - will ramble and stammer when nervous - stress eater - fast metabolism - not picky about food; basically a humanoid garbage disposal - forgives easily - likes to flirt with the nymphs but is horrendous at flirting
    Being helpful - lounging around - all animals - bad puns - sleeping - eating - gardening - nature - whittling - peace - music - the 70's - hugs - mythology and cryptids - 70's artists such as: the Beatles, the Bee Gees, Pink Floyd and ABBA - disco music - Hair the musical - flower crowns - makeovers so long as the makeup is 100% natural - good vibes
Dislikes
    Being underground - cold weather - meat - pollution - being called "Charles" or "Charlie" - most social gatherings - conflict - most sports - being in charge
Fears
    Small spaces - the dark - most monsters - public speaking - Mr. D's wrath - most Ares kids - bullies - death - ghosts - large amounts of blood - physical pain - alien invasion
History
    Nothing really of note; he was raised in Camp Half-Blood and became a Keeper as soon as he was old enough. He's brought a good deal of demigods to Camp Half-Blood, one of his first being Mirabelle. As soon as he was old enough to be on his own, his parents took his younger sister to go "travel the world". Chuck chose to stay at camp rather than go with them, mostly because he was too scared to go gallivanting all over the place. Besides, he had a job. He was being helpful by finding demigods and bringing them to camp; he wasn't about to leave that purpose behind.

Personal Relationships

Animals [★]
    Chuck has a variety of wild animal friends, ranging from
    wrens to black bears and everything in between. He is on good
    terms with most of the wildlife around Camp Half-Blood, as well
    as some of the pets and other domestic animals. He is closer with
    some of his animal friends than his humanoid friends.
Chiron [✔]
    Chuck is pretty chill with Chiron; he does his best to help the
    centaur dude in any way he can. They were brought closer
    together by their mutual concern for Mira during a difficult point
    in her life, and have been on good terms ever since.
Mr. D [✔]
    Chuck idolises Mr. D, as one would expect from a satyr. He
    tries his hardest to impress the wine god, but knows from
    experience to avoid the dude when he's in a bad mood. Mr. D's
    wrath is not something anyone would want to be subject to.
Mira [★♤]
    Chuck and Mira's friendship goes back beyond Camp
    Half-Blood, when he got his first assignment as a Keeper to a small
    school in Lake Placid. He could tell almost instantly that she was a
    demigod, and did his best to befriend her despite her intimidating
    appearance. Their initial meeting played a large role in their
    friendship; Mira defended Chuck against some school bullies and
    earned his undying loyalty. They banded together in outcast
    solidarity and have been close friends ever since. Chuck even
    developed a small crush on Mira for some time, but nipped that in
    the bud as soon as he realised it wasn't reciprocated. Chuck has
    been privy to most of the traumatic events throughout Mira's life,
    even having been one of the only people aside from Chiron to have
    met her father. The hardships they've endured together have only
    bonded them further. She remains one of his closest friends and his
    confidante, despite all of the changes she has gone through over
    the years. He cares deeply about her and would do almost anything
    for her.
Juliet [✗]
    Chuck is one of Juliet's favourite pranking victims and he
    knows it. It doesn't help that he's gullible as all hell, and easily
    falls for her pranks. He is also one of the few people who actually
    knows about Juliet's history with Mira, which is just one other
    reason for him to avoid her. He often makes himself scarce when
    Juliet is around.
Jamie [✩]
    Chuck deeply admires Jamie's artistic tendencies, and
    appreciates his sense of humour and positive outlook. He tries to
    be encouraging towards Jamie when he can, but the satyr isn't
    really the best on that front. Nonetheless, Chuck enjoys spending
    time with the son of Iris, even if they're just walking and chatting
    or hanging out in the dining pavilion.
Aiden [✔]
    Chuck has a lot of respect for Aiden, especially his ability to
    stay calm in a crisis - Chuck is the last person that could be said
    for. Even just hanging out with the Athena cabin head counselor
    can provide a nice grounding feeling to Chuck's otherwise anxious
    energy.
Karter [✔]
    Chuck is pretty comfortable around Karter, even given the
    other boy's darker disposition. He doesn't mind chatting with him
    or simply hanging out.
Cass [✔]
    Chuck respects and looks up to Cass, and is especially grateful
    for her attempts to keep Juliet off his back. He is a little
    intimidated by her, however, and can get flustered easily in her
    presence. Edgar, on the other hand, he's much more comfortable
    around. The raven's presence is often enough to get Chuck to calm
    down and overcome his nerves.
Lucy [✔]
    Chuck is mostly oblivious to Lucy's darker nature, though Mira
    has warned him a few times. He is certainly intimidated by her,
    even just due to her overly bubbly nature. He is very easy to
    manipulate and utterly clueless in the face of manipulation, and
    has most likely been used by Lucy a few times. He is none the
    wiser to her scheming ways, and overall thinks she's quite pleasant
    to be around; if not a bit overwhelming.
Aggy [✗]
    Chuck hasn't interacted with Aggy much, but does his very
    best to avoid the little spitfire. She seems to see him as a
    punching bag, and he'd rather not get beat up all the time. He is
    very intimidated by Aggy, and will even run the other way if she
    looks at him funny.
Caleb [✩]
    Chuck looks up to Caleb a good deal. Not only does he think
    Caleb is really cool, but he finds the son of Athena to be kind,
    charming, and funny. He also gets along great with Orpheus, and
    will gladly visit the little cat anytime.
Jack [✩]
    Chuck enjoys spending time with Jack, whether they're
    planting seeds by the Demeter cabin or just hanging out and
    talking. He adores Whiskey, despite the fact that she's a grumpy
    old lady.
Kathryn [✔]
    Though Chuck has been warned about Kathryn's darker
    tendencies by Mira on multiple occasions, he is largely oblivious
    to her manipulative nature. Despite her intimidating presence,
    she hasn't done anything other than be kind to him as far as he
    knows. He tends to get easily flustered by her flattery. He has
    even helped her out with the herb garden a few times, often
    rambling up a storm about random topics.
Aoife [✔]
    Though he was spooked by Aoife's boisterous nature at first,
    Chuck quickly grew used to her outgoing energy. He likes chatting
    with Aoife about anything; she always has interesting things to say.
    Though he's not super into fashion, he greatly admires her "totally
    bomb threads"; often complimenting her outfits and style.
Shaye [?]
    Words
Nathan [✩]
    Chuck thinks Nathan's a pretty chill dude! They have a lot in
    common and have bonded over their shared interests in the past.
    Chuck greatly enjoys Nathan's cooking and baking, and will gladly
    eat anything given to him - always followed by praise and
    compliments, of course. They often talk about their feelings
    together, and comfort one another when things get tough. He'll
    happily exchange flower crowns with Nathan and just chat on
    about anything with the guy.
Tulip [★]
    Tulip is one of Chuck's closest friends; he would even consider
    her to be one of his best friends. They have known each other
    since childhood and grew close when they were young. When she
    started transitioning, Chuck was incredibly supportive and went to
    the ends of the earth to do everything he could to make her feel
    comfortable and accepted. He relishes spending time with Tulip in
    any capacity; whether it be meditation, listening to music, or just
    hanging out in nature. He greatly appreciates any gifts she gives
    him, and will occasionally whittle small carvings for her.
Val [✩]
    Chuck looks up to Val greatly, both due to her allure and her
    status as a daughter of Dionysus. He gladly volunteers for hypnosis
    whenever she asks for a volunteer. Overall, Chuck really enjoys
    hanging out with Val and admires her free-spirited nature, though
    it reminds him a bit of his parents. He also loves Ichiro and will
    happily chat with the snake as well.
Zeke [✩]
    Despite the fact that Chuck tends to avoid the Hermes kids,
    he and Zeke actually get along pretty well! Once he realised that
    Zeke wasn't going to prank him into oblivion, they became buds.
    Zeke has saved his tail from bullies a few times, and that has
    earned him Chuck's friendship and undying loyalty.
Elfie [✔]
    Despite the fact that Chuck finds Elfie intimidating as all hell,
    he gets along pretty well with her. He had no clue she was even
    famous until one of Mira's cabinmates told him. He's still a bit
    starstruck whenever she's around, but overall admires her love of
    nature and enjoys hanging out with her.

Reese [✔]
    Chuck doesn't know Reese all that well, but he
    certainly appreciates his caring nature. He's seen him
    around a few times in the infirmary helping out with
    broken bones and dislocations. He also knows that Reese
    and Mira are close, which is all cool by him seeing as Reese
    seems like a pretty nice guy.
Hu [✗]
    Chuck doesn't necessarily know Hu well, but her
    reputation as a prankster and partner in crime with Juliet
    precedes her. He does his best to avoid her for fear of
    being selected as a prank victim.
Niji [✔]
    Chuck hasn't had a lot of contact with Niji, save when
    Niji almost passed out of dehydration before the start of
    Capture the Flag. He thinks he's a pretty good person so
    far, though. His dyed hair always makes Chuck hungry for
    cupcakes.
Auggie [ϟ]
    Chuck is totally intimidated by Auggie, and treats her
    as if she's gonna bite his head off. After bandaging a wound
    on her arm during the Big House collapse, he has started
    to think that maybe she's not so bad after all. Still wary
    around her, to be sure, but less terrified of being eaten
    alive.
Bay [✩]
    Chuck thinks Bay is pretty neat! After comforting her
    by the campfire in the wake of the tragic collapse of the
    Big House, he has started to think of her as a friend. He
    may even try to flirt with her at some point, which will
    probably end horribly.
Laika [ϟ]
    Chuck's first impression of Laika was "terrifying",
    though he has to give her some credit for the lives she
    saved during the Big House collapse. He's a little miffed at
    her for the whole argument with Hank and Niji, but still
    willing to cut her some slack because everyone was under
    a lot of stress at that point.
Delilah [★]
    Chuck's actually pretty good friends with Delilah. He'll
    easily just go hang out and even nap in the Hypnos cabin
    when given the chance, and he'll even try to grow flowers
    for her sometimes. Chuck is grateful for the snacks kept in
    the Hypnos cabin, though he has been known to eat the
    plates and silverware provided as well. He's also very
    appreciative of the care she has shown Mira, especially
    after her less-than-comfortable arrival at camp.
Dahlia [✔]
    Chuck is certainly intimidated by Dahlia, but he falls
    for her ploys of bets and gambling nonetheless. He
    certainly has racked up a good deal of debt in both money
    and favours. Overall he thinks she's a good person, as
    evidenced by her deep care for her sister.
Hank [★]
    Chuck is great friends with Hank, especially seeing as
    the two have been victims of many a prank. They can talk
    for hours about absolutely anything; neither tiring of the
    other's company. He loves Izzy, and is very grateful for her
    protection against anything remotely frightening.
Jen [✩]
    Jen has easily roped Chuck into kneading bread with
    them before, although he tends to eat the dough. The two
    bonded over breadmaking and long talks about plants,
    nature, and gardening. Chuck has unfortunately eaten
    some of Jen's more malignant bread in the past, and
    regretted it greatly. Luckily, Jen was there to save him
    every time. He is eternally grateful for the myriad of
    times Jen has rescued him from the poisonous bread, and
    puts no fault on them whatsoever. He greatly enjoys their
    company, especially their in-depth conversations about
    plants.
Ophelia [✔]
    Chuck is intimidated by Ophelia, but makes an effort
    to befriend her seeing as she's close with Mira. He'll gladly
    do anything Ophelia tells him to, even if it's simply out of
    fear. He has started to see how caring and kind she
    actually is beneath her rough exterior, and appreciates her
    softness towards Mira.
Ash [✔]
    Chuck doesn't know Ash all that well. They've a few
    times in the Hypnos cabin, usually when hanging out with
    Delilah or simply sneaking in to nap. Overall they get along
    quite nicely.
Relia [✩]
    Chuck is pretty chill with Relia. He hangs out in the
    Aphrodite cabin regularly, so it's no wonder he's gotten to
    know their residents. He was a bit frightened by Relia's
    emotional outbursts at first, but soon grew to accept
    them. It's nothing he's not used to with Mira, after all. He
    is a good friend to commiserate with, and will often take
    Relia on nature walks when things get tough for her. He
    gladly introduces her to all of his woodland friends, both
    big and small.
Jude [★]
    Chuck loves Jude's company! He enjoys both getting
    and giving hugs, as well as talking out his problems with
    her.
Riley [✗]
    Though Chuck doesn't know Riley well at all, he knows
    her reputation. He does his best to avoid her, especially
    when Juliet's around. Those two can be a fierce team
    when it comes to causing chaos, and he would rather
    avoid being used as a target for practical jokes.
Cain [✔]
    Chuck only knows Cain as "the painting Oracle dude".
    That is the extent of his knowledge, apart from Cain being
    a friend of Mira's. He has no reason to dislike or fear Cain,
    though his powers of prophecy can be a little creepy at
    times.
Sylvester [✔]
    Despite the many pranks Sylvester has pulled on him
    over the years, Chuck doesn't outright dislike the guy.
    Intimidated by him? Yes. But dislike? Not necessarily. He
    deeply appreciates Sylvester's willingness to defend him
    against bullies; the demigod has claimed in the past that
    he's "the only one allowed to mess with Chuck".
    In addition, Chuck loves Oreo and relishes any time spent
    hanging out with her.
Hannah [✩]
    Despite getting off to a rocky start by attempting to
    flirt with her, Chuck would consider Hannah a pal! After
    she let him know in clear terms that she was not interested
    in him romantically whatsoever, he chose to befriend her
    instead. They bonded over their mutual respect for
    nature at first, and became friends soon after. Chuck
    serves as a grounding force whenever Hannah is upset, as
    well as just a typically chill guy to hang out with
    whenever. He enjoys spending time with Hannah overall
    and will gladly go out of his way to do so.
Rose [✩]
    Chuck loves hanging out with Rose, whether they be
    talking, gardening, or simply chilling. He also enjoys
    chatting with Minccino, despite how dramatic the
    chinchilla can be at times.
Collin [✔]
    Chuck doesn't know Collin all that well, but from
    what he's seen he seems like a very nice guy. As such,
    Chuck admires him and respects him, even though he
    doesn't like squirrels. But to each their own - squirrels can
    be total jerks sometimes anyways.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vivienne Isole

Postby WitchHazel » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:39 am

General Information
Full name: Vivienne Juniper Isole
Nicknames: Viv, Evil Elsa
Birthday: February 13th
Sexuality: Asexual Demihomoromantic

Camp Information
Godly Parent: Khione
Cabin: N/A, formerly cabin 22
Number of Beads on Necklace: 3

Weapons
Battleaxe
    A double-headed axe gifted to her by her mother when she turned her back on Camp Half-Blood. One head is made of celestial bronze, and the other is steel. There is a spike at the tip of the shaft is made of silver. It can be wielded with one or two hands. Unlike many demigods, Vivienne did not name her weapon. She takes great care of it, however; it is always honed and polished.

Powers
Cryokinesis
    The ability to control and manipulate frost, ice, snow, and cold temperatures in general. With this power, Vivienne can do a wide variety of things. She has the capability to create and control blizzards and halestorms, as well as gusts of icy winds. She can project jets of swirling ice and snow from her hands, as well as create weapons and walls of thick semi-opaque ice. In addition, she is immune to cold temperatures; feeling right at home even when it's below freezing. She has the ability to freeze items as well, whether they be bodies of water or even living things. She can make the air grow colder around herself, and even inflict frostbite upon others. Vivienne can also travel faster by manipulating cold winds, allowing her to greatly decrease transit time. It is mildly exhausting, however. She grows more powerful in colder weather. In addition, Vivienne's skin is always cold to the touch. Her cryokinesis reacts easily to her emotions; often unconsciously. When she's anxious, the temperature around her tends to drop at least a few degrees. Frost will even occasionally form on her fingertips or around her feet; she's very careful to keep herself calm in public as a result.
Limited Charmspeak
    A rare form a vocal hypnotism that can make anyone do anything on command. Vivienne's charmspeak works differently than a child of Aphrodite's, however - it isn't tied in with her emotions. The ability functions at it's best when used as a whisper rather than a harsh command, or when used to confirm fears rather than assuage them.
Heat Sensitivity
    Vivienne can sense fire and other sources of heat, and by extension, any pyrokinetic individuals.

Skills
Eidetic Memory
    Vivienne can recall almost anything she has seen with impeccable detail, even if she has only seen it once. This is both a blessing and a curse; allowing her to remember facts, mathematical equations, and other such things with nearly flawless accuracy, but also traumatic memories. Due to her inordinately accurate memory, she is able to be used as both a human dictionary and encyclopaedia.
Combat
    Due to years of training with her mother, Vivienne is a formidable combatant. She analyses the fighting styles of her opponents often within the first few moments of battle; finding weak points and predicting their movements with practised ease.

Physical Description
General
    Vivienne stands at about 5'5" (approx. 165 cm), with a slim build and sharp, angular features. Her skin is incredibly pale - almost snow-white - and always cold to the touch. Vivienne's eyes are just as sharp as the rest of her, with an intense ice-blue colour. Her eyebrows are dark and heavy, with the potential to be very expressive. She has long, wavy hair; such a dark brown that it's almost black. It is usually braided to keep it from blowing in her face when she uses her cryokinesis.
Identifying Marks
    Vivienne has a small beauty mark below her left eye. Her back is a network of scarring, which stretches over her shoulders and onto her upper arms and clavicle as well. A burn scar wraps around her left ankle, inflicted when a fellow foster kid burned a photograph in a rubbish bin and nearly sent the entire foster home up in flames. She only has one tattoo; a cluster of forget-me-nots on the inside of her left wrist.
Style
    Anyone who has seen Vivienne as of late might say that she dresses like a Disney princess. She often wears long dresses with tights, typically slitted up the sides so they don't restrain her movements. When going out, she might port an ice blue cloak with darker snowflakes embroidered on the edges, trimmed with white furs and completed with a pair of white boots. She dresses in exclusively shades of blue and white, most often pale blue. Her wardrobe selections are all technically dictated by her mother, but she sees no problem in that. She has her ears pierced, and often wears dangling snowflake earrings or crystals that look like ice fragments. As for other jewellery, she likes neat and elegant pieces, often silver in colour. Vivienne makes the effort to put on makeup, only accentuating her naturally sharp features. She tends towards colder colours in general; sparkling powder-blue eyeshadow and periwinkle lipstick that make her lips look almost frostbitten.
Battle Armour
    Made of white boiled leather and steel, Vivienne's armour might not be the strongest but it's certainly easy to move in. She wears a simple metal helmet; enough to protect her head from incoming attack but nothing overly fancy.

Digging Deeper
Personality
    Vivienne comes off as cold and impassive much of the time. She has always been rather introverted; preferring time alone to interacting with most other people. As a result, her social skills are lacking. She has difficulty empathising and understanding the emotions of others, deeming them illogical and irrational. The only feelings Vivienne does understand are grief and rage - her grief and rage, specifically. She doesn't comprehend most forms of humour, and is more likely than most to be offended if someone makes a joke at her expense. Hypervigilance is a constant companion to Vivienne. She always has her guard up, and is often suspicious of acts of kindness towards her. She typically reacts violently to physical contact - at the very least, stiffening or flinching away from it, but more oft than not lashing out with her demigod abilities at the person touching her. She is not good at making decisions on her own; having been molded into an obedient soldier over the years by none other than Khione. Vivienne might project an aura of confidence and superiority, but the truth is that she is constantly second-guessing herself. Beneath her stony surface lies a writhing sea of pain and anger. Though she strives to be hyperrational and analytical, emotion often clouds Vivienne's judgement. Bursts of rage are no stranger to her; seeming to come out of nowhere at almost random times. Her unpredictable outbursts tend to keep everyone at an arm's length. Vivienne is not one to face her issues head-on. Where others might try to fix things, she looks for a way out. She is much more likely to run away from her problems or take them out on everyone around her than actually work through them. On the rare occasion that someone manages to get through to her, they will find a scared, hurting, misguided individual who needs more help than she's ready to admit.
Quirks
    Mentally recites Emily Dickinson poems as a calming mechanism - prefers to sit with her back against the wall in public places - difficult to make her smile or laugh - has a startlingly accurate internal clock - sense of direction is impeccable - large vocabulary; tends to use larger more complex wording which tends to make others feel inadequate - doesn't use contractions often - often scrawls notes or little poems in the margins of her books - major trust and abandonment issues - has always wanted to learn violin
    Power - being in control - cleanliness - cold weather - heights - chocolate - black coffee - tea - classical music; baroque in particular - anything peppermint - starry nights - solitude - poetry; specifically Emily Dickinson - reading - encyclopedias - classical literature - cold weather - cucumber sandwiches - most animals - French fries - learning how things work - small spaces - thunderstorms - the smell of saltwater - forget-me-nots
Dislikes
    Summer - heat - Camp Half-Blood - being called "June" - crowds - disrespect - neon colours - small talk - dancing - modern technology - wide open spaces - pity or sympathy
Fears
    Fire - feeling helpless - intimacy - loss - lack of control - dogs - abandonment - physical contact - vulnerability - being taken advantage of - disappointing others - betrayal
Fatal flaw
    Inability to move on. Vivienne is unable to escape the past; it dictates her actions even to this day. She may have been able to reflect and heal, if not for a certain someone whispering in her ear...
History
    Vivienne was once a hyper-rational young girl with a trusting heart. However, years of bouncing around the foster system took the trust right out of her. Some foster parents were alright, a few were even good. But most were varying levels of awful. The only truly positive thing to come out of her time in the foster system was her unlikely friendship with another young demigod named Audra.
    The two bonded when living in the same foster family. After an incident in which their foster father was killed, the kids were to be moved to different foster homes. Vivienne overheard the social workers talking amongst themselves, and learned that she and Audra were to be separated. Audra fiercely protested that this wasn't going to happen. When asked why not, she asked Vivienne to run away with her.
    Life on the streets was hard, but at least they had each other - and that was enough for them. However, the two soon became aware of their demigod abilities. This awareness brought with it a host of other problems, the most dangerous of which were the monsters that had begun to sniff them out. Thankfully, a satyr had also caught their scent. However, both girls had difficulty trusting him at first. It wasn't until a pack of hellhounds chased them all over the city that they accepted his aid and allowed themselves to be led to Camp Half-Blood. Vivienne was only ten years old at the time, with Audra being nine. They lived together in the Hermes cabin for a good part of their first year at camp, until both were claimed within the same week. Even after their claimings, they were inseparable. Audra began to relax and come out of her shell, blossoming into an outgoing albeit reckless individual. Vivienne remained cold and impassive, however - towards everyone except Audra. Audra was the one person she knew she could trust, and nothing changed that. Where Audra went, Vivienne followed, and vice versa. Audra would even spurn other social interactions if Vivienne wasn't invited as well.
    In their third year at camp, Audra was killed in a brutal Capture-the-Flag accident. Vivienne quickly became distant and listless. She shut herself in Khione's cabin, which was easy seeing as she was the only demigod of Khione at the time. She didn't attend meals, she didn't participate in camp activities. Any attempt to talk to her was like speaking to a stone wall. As she began to process her grief, she became bitter and violent. She continued to isolate herself, leading to outbursts of rage whenever someone would try to get through to her. All the while, not a single tear was shed.
    It was at the funeral that all hell broke loose. Hearing the other campers talk about Audra like they knew her, like they cared about her - it was more than Vivienne could bear. As the storm of emotions broke her from the inside out, a storm of a very different kind started to take shape. Frigid winds whipped through the camp, clouds blotting out the starry sky. Snow began to pour down like the tears upon Vivienne's cheeks. "You are all to blame!" she had roared above the vicious gale. "All of you!"
    Their feeble attempts at placation fell on deaf ears. "You shall all pay for what you have done!"
    The place that had once been her home had turned its back on her. So she did the only thing she knew how to - she ran. In her flight from Camp Half-Blood, Khione saw her chance to use her daughter to her advantage. Having a family was all Vivienne had ever wanted, so when her mother swooped down out of nowhere and took her under her wing, she went without question. Khione knew that Boreas would have her head if she brought a demigod child of hers back to his palace. Instead, she and Vivienne set up a lair at the peak of Mount Marcy, sealing off an old portion of the labyrinth that ran through the mountain. Over the years, Khione honed Vivienne into a deadly weapon; feeding the flames of resentment and blame. With an army of venti at their disposal, they are finally ready to seek their revenge against Camp Half-Blood.

Personal Relationships

Audra [★♤]
    Vivienne's former closest friend and confidante, Audra was the
    only person Vivienne ever truly loved and trusted. Their
    relationship ran very deep, stemming from their time together in
    the foster system. Where Vivienne was cold and cynical towards
    everyone else, she was gentle and even kind with Audra. The two
    were nearly inseparable - they did everything together.
    Audra was the only person allowed to call Vivienne "June";
    once she found out her middle name, she thought the
    nickname was ironic given Vivienne's snow powers. When
    Audra died, it broke Vivienne. The pain of losing her has
    yet to fade, even after all these years.
Khione [★]
    Vivienne would consider Khione to be her closest personal
    relationship at this time. Khione spent years training Vivienne;
    making her stronger as she honed her into a deadly force of nature.
    Unbeknownst to Vivienne, Khione has slowly been manipulating her
    for years, feeding her hatred for the camp while furthering her own
    plans.
Ozymandias [★]
    Though gryphons would normally attack a demigod on sight,
    Vivienne has managed to tame a few of them with the intent of
    using them against Camp Half-Blood. There is one in particular who
    developed a close bond with her, however. She named him
    Ozymandias, after the poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley because she
    thought he carried a kingly elegance. His quiet company and
    faithful companionship have been a true solace to Vivienne over
    the years. Ozymandias even allows Vivienne to ride him.
Dr. Nicholas Storm [✩]
    Vivienne wasn't quite sure what to make of Nicholas at first,
    though her mother assured her that he is both an asset and an ally.
    She finds his habitat among mortals to be a curious choice - not
    something she could understand, but oddly enough it seems to suit
    the Horseman. His persistent acts of kindness towards her have
    begun to wear down her walls. She wouldn't say she trusts him yet,
    but some sort of emotional bond has started to form between
    them.

Malcolm Kingston [ϟ]
    Vivienne has only met Malcolm briefly, but had a
    decent impression of him. He's polite; she'll give him that.
    But she can't help but wonder why her mother
    brought him on to destroy Camp Half-Blood. Some
    well-dressed British guy, a military escort, and a
    Horseman of the Apocalypse? It seems a bit overkill.
Reese [✔]
    Reese was one of the few people at Camp Half-Blood
    who Vivienne didn't outright dislike. For reasons unknown
    to her, he seemed to enjoy her company and even went so
    far as to give her small trinkets. Though she lashed out and
    pushed him away at first, she eventually came to
    grudgingly tolerate his presence.
Wilhelm [ϟ]
    Vivienne remembers Wilhelm as the son of Hephaestus
    who made her a gift after Audra's passing. Though she gave
    no reaction whatsoever, she reluctantly accepted it after
    he had left her presence. She didn't take the time to get to
    know him nor even learn his name, but that small act of
    kindness did not go unnoticed. Things have changed since
    his attempt on her life, however. She understands why he
    did what he did, but that doesn't change the fact that he
    would have killed her if Nicholas hadn't swooped in at the
    last second.
Collin [✔]
    Collin is one of the few people from Camp Half-Blood
    who Vivienne deemed worthy of remembering. His
    persistent acts of kindness towards her were enough to
    get her to warm to him, if only a little.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 19 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vincent Whittaker - Son of Ares

Postby nyctomancy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 pm

General Information
      Full name: Vincent Owen Whittaker.
      Nicknames: Vin, Vinny, Owen, Whittaker. No preference.
      Birthday: November 21st.
      Sexuality: Bisexual, closeted.

Camp Information
      Weapon(s):
      - A sturdy metal bat studded with celestial bronze spikes, affectionately titled “Ripper”. To mortals, Ripper appears as a regular baseball bat.
      - Vincent wears a plethora of celestial bronze and steel rings on both hands, of varying shapes, designs, and sizes. They’re blessed so that they can’t be removed from Vincent’s fingers unless he wills it.
      - Received a celestial bronze glaive from his father as a birthday gift. Called Stormbreaker. When the point is driven into the ground, it can create a magical force field for upwards of ten minutes, at the cost of needing a blood to fuel it. (Whether the wielder’s or someone else’s, it doesn’t matter.) Can be disguised as a snap-on bracelet.
      Godly Parent: Son of Ares, Legacy of Nike.
      Claimed?: Yes.
      Cabin: Ares Cabin. Currently the Counselor, after besting the former Counselor in combat.
      Powers:
      - Fear projection. Can project an aura of fear into his surroundings. Is attempting to learn how to concentrate it in a specific spot, because he often affects his friends and siblings.
      - Weapon & battle prowess. Extensive knowledge of weapons and how to handle them. Fairly experienced combatant.
      - Heightened strength. Vincent is a bit stronger than the average demigod, though not to extreme means.
      - Prescience/Danger Sense. Vincent sometimes receives a flash of intuition seconds before something happens. This activates at random and isn’t consistent; he has no conscious control over this ability. [ Attributes this gift to his Nike legacy. ]
      Number of Beads on Necklace: Eight.

Physical Description
      In contrast to some of his siblings, Vincent is on the lankier side. He’s tall and lean, with a lithe build and sharp features. He’s incredibly tall, almost 6’6, and often wears multiple layers to describe his thinner build. Make no mistake though, just because Vincent isn’t as muscular as some of his siblings, doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to pack a lot of power in his punches. He’s surprisingly flexible, capable of turning some of his limbs to almost grotesques amounts, a party trick he uses often to freak out whomever he can.

He has tanned skin, enveloped with a multitude of birthmarks, the most notable of which are two “vampire bites” on his neck. There’s a little nick over his right eyebrow from a fight with another camper, and multiple scars over his knuckles gained from punching his problems over the years. A lichtenburg figure stretches over his heart, upper left arm, and a bit of his neck, gained after a fight with a Zeus legacy.

He has hooded dark brown eyes, a slightly crooked nose, and reddish lips. Vincent tends to keep his reddish-brown hair on the shorter side, cut haphazardly with a knife whenever it starts falling in his eyes. He has an undercut. A light stubble steeples his jaw. Vincent shaves often, but it grows back quick.

If Vincent’s not dressing for battle, then he’s likely wearing a hoodie of some kind. He likes to wear layers, even in the summer heat, partially to disguise some of the scars he’s self conscious about and partially to hide his leaner build. (Which he’s also self conscious about.) He has a tendency towards comfortable clothes with pockets. His only consistent accessories are his rings and the snap-on bracelet that disguises Stormbreaker, otherwise he’s not much for fashion. Although his ears are pierced, he rarely wears earrings, as he sees them as a liability in battle.

Personality & Background
      Vincent’s levelheaded nature is the opposite of what’s expected from a son of Ares. He’s slow to anger but easy to laugh; full of a boundless patience and quick wit that makes him stand out among his more aggressive siblings. However, he hasn’t escaped the pitfalls of his father entirely, inheriting his father’s arrogance and his mother’s fierce competitiveness. Vincent likes to win, and when he doesn’t come out on top he has the tendency to be sore about it. Though he’s not cruel, he can be petty and enjoys a good fight. He won’t pick fights for the sake of fighting, but he’s fiercely loyal towards his siblings and friends and will help them even with the full knowledge that they’re in the wrong. However, he does not condone bullying of any kind, and will put a stop to it if he encounters it. In battle, he’s a clever strategist and quick to act. Due to his drive to win, it’s not beyond Vincent to pull an underhand or sneaky tactic.

Vincent had a lonely childhood. As a child, his mother was rarely home due to her job, often hiring sitters to take care of him in her absence. Her career always came first and whenever she was home, she held him at an arm’s length, like she wasn’t sure how to treat a child. To this day, Vincent believes that he was an accident, but he’s never asked Simone about it. Vincent inherited her competitive nature and always aspires to be the best, something which she instilled into him at a young age. The only thing they ever truly bonded over was stories; Simone may not have been the best mother, but she was a gifted storyteller. When Vincent was younger she used to call at night tell him stories about the Greek myths and her own accomplishments. Her stories were some of Vincent’s favorite as a kid, though they’ve before more infrequent over the years.

Once Vincent came of age, she sent him off to Camp Half Blood. He remains there as a year-round camper, due to her inflexible work schedule. Occasionally she’s allowed to call to check in on him, but this only happens ever couple of months. During Holiday seasons, he sometimes leaves to stay with her, but it all depends on her work schedule.
      Traits: Levelheaded, sarcastic, loyal, competitive, petty, resourceful, patient, stubborn, arrogant. Probably has abandonment issues.
      Likes: Stories, winning, grapefruit juice, sparring, Capture the Flag, watching the sunrise/set, fighting, baseball.
      Dislikes: Being a loser, inability to control his powers, cilantro, spicy food.
      Fears: Being alone for the rest of his life.
      Fatal Flaw: Inability to resist a challenge.

Personal Relationships
      Vincent’s mother, Simone, a professional basketball player. She’s a demigod herself, being the daughter of Nike who had a brief fling with Ares. She’s had a multitude of relationships with other men over the years, however none lasted very long. Vincent’s feelings regarding his mother are complicated. He loves her, but wishes they could spend more time together: he feels like she sent him off to Camp Half Blood because she didn’t want to deal with him.
      Ares. Like most Gods, he’s not really a factor in Vincent’s life. Aside from claiming him when he proved his prowess in his first Capture the Flag and giving him Stormbreaker when he was fifteen, Vincent hasn’t had much interaction with him.

Siblings: DM me to talk about it! :D

Sorta friendly, sorta aggressive rivalry with a Zeus camper. Probably started over something dumb. [ Open! ]
      Dethroned the previous Ares Counselor in combat, could be hard feelings there. [ Open! ]

Anything Else Before he knew he was a demigod, Vincent wanted to be a professional baseball player.
Last edited by nyctomancy on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Salem Cross — The Forgotten Legacy

Postby nyctomancy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 pm

General Information
      Full name: Salem Everett Cross.
      Nicknames: N/A.
      Birthday: May sixth.
      Sexuality: Aroflux, on the ace spectrum for sure.

Camp Information
      Weapon(s):
      - Inherited two handaxes of Stygian iron from his mother. They don’t have a name, but are capable of transforming into a pair of sunglasses when the handles are crossed. When thrown, they always return to Salem’s hands. The souls of those who died at the hands of the blades whisper to Salem whenever the axes are active.
      - A spell book containing all of his mother’s spells, runes, and tips. It’s written in code, and he’s only been able to decipher bits and pieces of it over the years.
      - Inherited a magical whip from his brother, who inherited it from their father. Can transform into a coiled bracelet. Those who get caught in it’s snare are unable to lie outright, however are capable of avoiding the truth.
      - Capable of creating weapon mistforms under stressful circumstances, but isn’t sure how to do it on command.
      Godly Parent: Legacies of both Hecate and Nemesis. Had demigod parents.
      Claimed?: It’s complicated.
      Cabin: N/A.
      Powers:
      - Capable of casting spells, creating runes, and using magic.
      - Exceptionally powerful when it comes to the Mist, but has little to no formal training. Oftentimes uses the Mist without even realizing it.
      - Emits an aura of bad luck, affects both those around him and himself (when stressed/emotional). Used to be negated by his brother’s good luck aura, but has since become unchecked after Dylan passed.
      Number of Beads on Necklace: Never made it to camp.

Physical Description
      Salem looks a lot like his mother, which is to say he inherited the characteristics that she in turn inherited from Hecate. He’s deathly pale, prone to burning rather than tanning, and has a wiry build. Years of not getting enough food and running from monsters has led to him being fairly malnourished, as he barely manages to scrape by on his own.

His skin is covered in numerous scars, freckles, and other birthmarks. There’s scarcely a part of him which isn’t freckled, although they’re so faint one would have to look close to look. Salem’s obtained many scars over the years, the most notable of which are the gouges in his stomach, a long, thin scar on his upper thigh, and a dislocated middle finger on his right hand. Depending on the light and mood, Salem’s almond-shaped eyes tend to shift colours, appearing anywhere from a pale golden like Nemesis’ to a vibrant green. As a default, they’re olive green. He has a mass of untameable ashen blonde curls, cut haphazardly whenever they become too much of a hassle.

Salem wears whatever he can scrounge up. He steals what he can, occasionally picking items off the more humanoid corpses that he leaves in his wake. At the moment, his wardrobe consists of a tattered blue tee-shirt, an oversized denim Sherpa jacket with a fur collar, jeans with sewn patches on the knees, and mismatched shoes: one of which is a hiking boot and the other of which is a rainboot. Sleeveless gloves are strapped around his wrist. He carries a large backpack made for camping on his back, which houses whatever supplies he doesn’t have to steal. He wears aviator glasses (the axes) and a coiled bracelet around his wrist (the whip).

Personality & Background
      Salem is a spiteful and selfish teenager. Years of being on the run have taught him the only person he can ever truly trust is himself. If given the choice between saving himself and saving an entire group of people, he would choose himself every time. He’s observant and over-imaginative, looking for threats at every turn. He gets by on his wits and instincts alone, and has no formal training with his growing abilities. However, if Salem were to have one soft spot, it would be his family. After his parents died, his brother Dylan was all he had left, and losing him too pushed Salem over the edge. He’s become almost maniac in his movements, pursuing one goal and one goal only: resurrecting his brother and bringing him back.

Salem’s first seven years were fairly unordinary. His parents, Lee and Anna had married shortly after they left camp, wrongly assuming that because of their heritage as the children of minor Gods, they would be left alone. The twins came along not too after. Even from birth, it was apparent that they had inherited aspects of their ancestry, between Salem’s colour-shifting eyes and Dylan’s tendency to well, accidentally turn invisible through the influence of the mist. Their bad and good luck auras manifested not long after, although they quickly discovered that keeping the twins around each other negated the influences of this entirely.

From the very beginning, Lee and Anna were upfront about the twin’s heritage, raising them on stories about the sanctuary for demigods, and how they would attend once more of their powers started to rear their heads. Salem loved to watch his mother do magic, begging to learn, and she promised to teach him once he grew over. However, the good times weren’t meant to last, as shortly after the twin’s seventh birthdays, the apartment was attacked by a group of Dracaena. Lee escaped with the boys while Anna stayed back to fight.

They were to wait at the rendezvous until Anna arrived to regroup, but as the hours passed, Lee grew more and more worried. Eventually, he presented each of the twins a weapon that was a gift from their parents (the whip for Dylan and the axes for Salem), and promised them that a Satyr would find them soon, and he would return for them. That was the last the two ever saw him. Weeks after the encounter, after barely getting by on the streets, they returned home to find it wrecked. Though their parents bodies weren’t among the wreckage, there was barely anything salvageable, though Salem was able to retrieve his mother’s ciphered spell book, which she never left behind.

The next seven years was a hellish, neverending cycle of fear and pain. The two were never able to stay in one place for long, as their Demigod blood always brought monsters around sooner or later. They learned how to scrape by, how to trick, how to steal, and tried to figure out their powers once they started manifesting. However, when Salem was fourteen, everything changed, as an unlucky throw of his axes ended up impaling his brother, instead of the monster he was aiming for. Dylan ended up dying in his arms, as Salem could do many things with magic — but he didn’t know how to heal. To this day, that was Salem’s biggest failure. Being alone certainly hasn’t helped his psyche, leading Salem to become meaner, more callous, and desperate over the years. Salem holds irrationally Camp Half Blood personally responsible for the death of his brother and hates them with a passion, for never finding him and Dylan and saving them like his parents always said they would.
      Traits: Unpredictable, cruel, observant, creative, selfish, loyal, stubborn.
      Likes: Magic, family, not being hurt, reading, food, stealing.
      Dislikes: Monsters, traps, going hungry, being cold.
      Fears: Being alone, dying.
      Fatal Flaw: Desperation. Losing his brother, who was very much Salem’s rock, absolutely destroyed Salem. And he would do anything to get him back.

Personal Relationships
      Dylan - His twin brother and best friend. Died when Salem was fourteen, by Salem’s own hand when they were fighting monsters.
      Father - Lee. Son of Nemesis. Died when the twins were eight because of monsters, an event which triggered the onset of the boy’s powers. Passed his magical whip onto Dylan, who passed it onto Salem.
      Mother - Anna. Daughter of Hecate. Died in a monster attack when the twins were young. Passed her magical handaxes onto Salem.

Enemies: Salem believes the world’s out to get him to an extent, and regards everyone around him as some kind of enemy. He has a particular hatred for monsters, due to the death of his family at their hands.

Anything Else: Salem is currently wandering the world alone, but I’m hoping he runs into someone and becomes a problem eventually!
Last edited by nyctomancy on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Astren Byrnes -- Son of Apollo

Postby nyctomancy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:59 pm

General Information
      Full name: Astren Jonah Byrnes.
      Nicknames: Jo, Jonah.
      Birthday: October 28th.
      Sexuality: Homosexual.

Camp Information
      Weapon(s):
      - The Silverlight, an imperial gold bow that was a gift from his father. The bow lacks a string, but when user pulls back as if there is one, an arrow made of pure light is created. Is stronger under the light of the sun, though still capable of producing arrows without it, albeit requiring more concentration. The bow can transform into a golden ring, which Astren wears on his left hand.
      - A multi tool with a knife function. It was once an ordinary multi-tool, but Astren got a Hephaestus camper to upgrade it with celestial bronze so he could use it against monsters.
      - His mandolin.
      Godly Parent: Son of Apollo.
      Claimed?: Yes.
      Cabin: Apollo.
      Powers:
      - Minor photokinesis. Can manipulate light to an extent, capable of creating small constructs and illusions. Requires a light source in order to manipulate it, whether that be the sun, or a lightbulb, or something else.
      - Minor biokinesis. Astren has the ability to change the properties of the body to an extent, like knitting small wounds together, or changing small details like the colour of someone’s hair. The ability requires him to be in contact with whatever he wants to change. (Yes, he’s very popular among the Aphrodite crowd.) He’s currently working on improving this ability as he wants to grow taller. If he’s not careful, he can accidentally undo the hard work he’s put into it.
      - Prophetic dreams. Foresight often creeps into Astren’s dreams. However, whatever he perceives is just one of many possible futures; there’s no guarantee that what he sees will actually happen;
      - Musical curses. When playing his mandolin, Astren has the ability to curse people, but it has to be related one one of Apollo’s spheres of influence. He’s particularly fond of the rhyming couplet curse, a cabin classic, second only to his glowing curse. He's currently working on being more creative with this ability.
      - Gifted with archery. His dad’s the god of archery.
      Number of Beads on Necklace: Two beads.

Physical Description
      5’4 and salty about it. Wiry build, fair skin. Splotchy birthmark on shoulder. Curly silver hair, medium length (naturally golden). Soft impish features. Dark blue eyes with golden flecks. Wears boxy glasses, baggy clothes, and combat boots.
      (general physical traits go here! I.e. height & build, hair colour & style, eye colour, scars/tattoos/birthmarks, clothing style. etc.)

Personality & Background
      Despite his tendency towards anxiety, Astren is a fairly outgoing camper. He enjoys being surrounded by friends and talking with new people, even if he can be socially awkward at times. Astren’s biggest goal is to prove himself: to his friends, to his family, to anyone that’ll listen, that he’s worthy of being a hero. He may be a little overzealous in pursuing this goal, but he tries his best. Because of this, he has the tendency to overthink: he overanalyzes everything he does, how he looks, how he sounds, how he walks, and can hem and haw when it comes to decisions because of this. Astren’s buttons are fairly easy to push if someone knows where to look: he’s incredibly sensitive about his appearance, he’s prone to bouts of anxiety, and he’s not very street-smart. He’s someone who wears his heart on is sleeve and is very obvious about it. Whatever Astren’s feeling at the moment, it wouldn’t be hard to gauge. He’s a bit like an open book, terrible at lying and easy to read.

Mother was capable of seeing thru the mist. Somehow attracted the attention of Apollo. Had Astren. When Astren’s powers started manifesting, Apollo encouraged her to send him to Camp Half Blood to learn how to control his powers. Astren is now a summer camper, though this is the first year he’s arriving as Astren, and not his dead name.
      Traits: Outgoing, sensitive, socially awkward, gullible, honest, childish.
      Likes: Being perceived as a boy, landscape sketching, sweetened tea, cooking, games, music.
      Dislikes: Running, pink, missing a shot, the summer heat, anchovies.
      Fears: Never being recognized as a real boy, being rejected.
      Fatal Flaw: His naïveté.
      (General personality stuff! Likes & dislikes, fears, fatal flaws, etc. Backstory goes here as well!)

Personal Relationships
      Mother -
      Apollo - Not very close, but dropped by Astren’s fifteenth birthday, the first he was celebrating as a boy. His father was very accepting, and it meant the world to Astren.

Half-Siblings - Open to talk about!
      Friends - Open!
      (Put personal relationships here! i.e. friends, enemies, pets, parents, etc.)

Anything Else
Last edited by nyctomancy on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
nyctomancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby sunhorsestar » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:49 am

Can I reserve a son of Athena, a son of Ares, and a daughter of Poseidon? (If that’s still available)
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CHB: Into the Storm - Discussion Thread

Postby WitchHazel » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 am

Yup!! c:
I’ll edit the characters post to add all the reses in there c: