Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - OPEN & ACCEPTING

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - OPEN & ACCEPTING

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:13 am

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

↟ ↟ ↟

┌ ─ ──────────────────── ─ ┐

Main Post [you are here!]
Rules
Forms
Town
Discord

└ ─ ──────────────────── ─ ┘

❆❅.︰ ɢʀɪᴍᴍ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ︰.❅❆

Indent A town in a winter wasteland; one of the northernmost towns in the world, nestled high in the Arctic Circle. It snows an average of 225 days a year, it's dark all winter long and sunny all summer long. The temperatures and weather are brutal, the wildlife free roaming and ever-present. And yet...
      This town is bustling, full of life. It has one of the highest populations for its location, and had everything anyone could ever want- comfortable homes and apartments, a grocery store with produce freshly grown in a local growhouse, a schoolhouse that teaches all grades, a fully equipped medical facility, a nice cafe and bakery, an auto shop... It's a pretty idyllic place, considering the location. However...
      Indent Grimm Town was never meant for humans.
      Indent Founded over two hundred years ago, Grimm Town started as a refuge... A refuge for all magical creatures that could no longer escape the incessant spread of humankind. Persecuted and feared for thousands of years, all manner of creatures were weary and sick of having to hide in a world they had inhabited long before humans were around, and as it became clear that humans would only continue to spread and invade their space, a small collective of creatures decided to create a safe haven for their kind. Using a portion of a generous dragon's hoard of gold and silver, they purchased a large swathe of land- very large. Over 20 square miles of perfect, pristine wilderness deep in the heart of the Arctic. With such a harsh climate, they felt safe, knowing humans would not want to come to this town; it was too cold, too remote, too uncivilized. And for many decades, it was perfect. The town flourished, full of magic and life of all sorts, the magic they used helping them live and survive comfortably, building homes in the center of their woods, and all was well and peaceful... But as human technology advanced, suddenly the far north wasn't so unappealing... And eventually, the first humans came to Grimm Town.
      Indent Unable to turn them away and refuse them the right to live there without arousing suspicions, the magical folk were once again forced to hide themselves and accept the presence of humans among them... They do not dare show their true natures, in fear that the humans will turn on them and chase them away, slaughter them with their horrible weapons. Magical beings greatly outnumber humans in the town, and most humans are treated with a lot of resentment, and are rather outcast and isolated. Only magical creatures who have a human form or are able to sufficiently hide any "unnatural" features are allowed in town, those who cannot now are forced to live in the surrounding woods. Many of the magical creatures despise humans, and them living there makes it quite tense... Many hope the humans will just leave, others wish to actively chase them out, though they are forbidden from doing so by the mayor.

❆❅.︰ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴏғ ɢʀɪᴍᴍ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ︰.❅❆

Indent All manner of magical creatures inhabit Grimm Town and the surrounding forests! Most creatures from myth and lore are actually real and present- everything from satyrs to witches to dragons and unicorns, fairies... The sky is the limit!
      Indent Most magical creatures either have a human form or can make themselves appear human through magic, or simply through clothing choices that hide things like horns and wings. Those that cannot cloak themselves must live in the surrounding woods to help protect the whole town. Humans with powers and humans who have been cursed are accepted and welcomed as one of their own as well! Much like magical creatures, humans like these are outcast by normal humans and understand the plight of the creatures, and thus are not considered bad like most humans are.
      Indent The mayor is a unicorn; he is the one who chose the name "Grimm Town", as a nod to Grimm brother's fairy tales, and has been running the town ever since it was founded! Though of course for humans sakes, he pretends he is the great grandson (etc) of the original founder.
      Indent There is no official police force or firefighting force; if there is any crime or emergencies, it is typically handled by volunteers. They tend to be werewolves for their superior tracking abilities when it comes to locating criminals. Any magical creature who isn't terrified out of their wits of fire is allowed to be a volunteer firefighter, though fires are exceptionally rare. Most fires are small- little campfires that are getting out of control or a snowmobile igniting rather than house or building fires.

↟ ↟ ↟

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎﹎

┌ ─ ────── ─ ┐
┌ ─ ────── ─ ┐

_____ Mods:
Image Credits: _________

_____ Myself
Header Gif ___________

_____ Remini
Town Pic _____________

└ ─ ────── ─ ┘
└ ─ ────── ─ ┘
Last edited by GraveBlues on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - Rules

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:19 am

↟ ↟ ↟

Main Post
Rules [You are here!]
Forms
Town
Discord

❆❅.︰ ʀᴜʟᴇs ︰.❅❆

• ALL CS RULES APPLY
      • No licensed characters (ie no Snow White, no Cinderella, no Big Bad Wolf, no Elsa... etc etc.) and no relatives of said characters also. They simply do not exist, the ones from all the Grimm fairy tales etc., were simply based off tropes and stereotypes about magical creatures
      • Banned creatures include: Wendigoes, plain human serial killers (while they are definitely monsters, we want fun monsters!), aquatic creatures like mermaids (There's not really any water around them except a few lakes or rivers, so they wouldn't make sense!)
      • No mini-modding or grammar policing. If someone is causing a problem or consistently making poor replies myself or a mod will speak with them privately.
      • No RPing anyone else's character (unless you are given express permission)
      • No Gary/Mary Sues, please!
      • Joining the discord is not required :>
      • Posting minimum is 150 words (or thereabouts, just try to keep it roughly this size):

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor...

*You will not be banned for not being able to write 150 word replies unless you consistently do it every post you make/obviously put no effort into it. One liners are not acceptable!

*If you are banned for any reason there will be 0 tolerance for whining, spamming, or PMing members about it and you will be reported for harrassment.

❆❅.︰ ʙᴀɴɴᴇᴅ ʟɪsᴛ ︰.❅❆

None! Let's keep it that way :>

↟ ↟ ↟
Last edited by GraveBlues on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - Forms

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:38 am

↟ ↟ ↟

Main Post
Rules
Forms [You are here!]
Town
Discord

❆❅.︰ ғᴏʀᴍs ︰.❅❆

Multiple characters are allowed- even encouraged!

Code: Select all
[center][color=#a3a2db][u][size=150]❆❅[/size].︰[/u][/color] [size=100][color=#5e5da4][u]ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢʀɪᴍᴍ ᴛᴏᴡɴ[/u][/color][/size] [color=#a3a2db][u]︰.[size=150]❅❆[/size][/u][/color][/center]

[list][list][size=85][b]User ID:[/b] (The string of numbers at the end of your profile page link)
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Race:[/b] (Human, werewolf, satyr... Etc)
[b]Character Age:[/b] (Magical creatures can have ages of hundreds of years)
[b]Character Gender/Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Character Sexuality:[/b] (Feel free to leave as unknown if you wish!)
[b]Character Looks:[/b] (Links to photos/references only please, and give credit for any photos that are not yours! Written descriptions are just fine also :>)
[b]Character History:[/b]
[b]Character Personality:[/b]
[b]If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?:[/b] (Or do they simply not, and live in the woods instead?)
[b]Other?:[/b] (If you want to add anything else feel free!)[/size][/list][/list]

Feel free to pretty up and code your forms however you like!

↟ ↟ ↟
Last edited by GraveBlues on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - Town

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:11 am

↟ ↟ ↟

Main Post
Rules
Forms
Town [You are here!]
Discord

❆❅.︰ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ︰.❅❆

Current Season: Winter

Housing:
      Vacant Houses Available To Buy: 10
      Vacant Apartments Available to Rent: 15
      Pre-Existing Homes: 200
      Pre-Existing Apartments: 100

Current Buildings In Town:
      Town Hall (Includes a jail cell if necessary)
      Cafe/Bakery
      Library
      Growhouse (Greenhouse in summer)
      Grocery Store
      Clothing Store
      Medical Facility
      Schoolhouse
      Auto Shop
      Fire Station (unmanned)
      Grimm Graveyard

Notable Locations Outside of Town:
      Bear Hill - danger - (Known for housing hibernating bears in winter)
      Grimm Mine - danger - (Old coal mine. Unstable, not open to the public)
      Caribou Valley - danger - (Caribou herd migration stop. Risk of being trampled if disturbed)
      The Wishing Trees - safe - (Tallest trees in the forest. Great view of the aurora)
      Ranch Bluff - safe - (Ranch not far from town, with sheep and cattle. Town's main source of clothing, meat, and milk)
      The Old Mill - safe - (Near the ranch, a water mill used for grinding corn and wheat into flour and animal feed. Old but in good condition, safe to explore)

↟ ↟ ↟
Last edited by GraveBlues on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - Reserved Post

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:30 am

Reserving post just in case :>
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - Reserved Post

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:30 am

Reserving post just in case :>
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - GraveBlues Characters

Postby GraveBlues » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:49 am

❆❅.︰ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢʀɪᴍᴍ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ︰.❅❆

User ID: #993990
      Character Name: Mayor Jewell - Brian Jewell
      Character Race: Unicorn
      Character Age: 500 years
      Character Gender/Pronouns: Male, he/him
      Character Sexuality: Asexual
      Character Looks: Human form, Unicorn form
      Character History: xXx
      Character Personality: xXx
      If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: Full human form
      Other?: Since he is the mayor, if I am not online he is able to be RPed as needed by anyone!

Character Name: Howdy - Real name (Tucker Carlson) unknown by most
      Character Race: Werewolf
      Character Age: 29 years
      Character Sexuality: Bisexual
      Character Looks: Werewolf form, Human form
      If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: Full human form
      Other?: If you want your character to know his real name, PM me either here or discord and we can discuss! :>

Character Name: Harken Slade
      Character Race: Cursed human-dragon
      Character Age: 26 years
      Character Sexuality: Undefined/Flexible
      Character Looks: xXx
      If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: He does not, he lives in the woods instead!
      Other?: Harken's character alignment is Evil, usually Chaotic Evil.

Character Name: Skylah "Sky" Evans
      Character Race: Human
      Character Age: 21 years
      Character Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
      Character Sexuality: Bisexual
      If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: n/a
      Other?: Her husky team here and here

Character Name: Connor
      Character Race: Faun
      Character Age: 200 years
      Character Sexuality: Pansexual
      If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: He uses baggy pants and boots to hide his goat legs, and beanies to hide his horns and the tips of his ears.
      Other?: He's moving to Grimm Town!

WIP of my chars <3
Last edited by GraveBlues on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reminis characters

Postby Remini » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:22 pm

User ID: 210533
      Character Name: Ayah
      Character Race: Evolved Human - Humans that lived underground for generations, they are blind with larger elongated ears and sharpened fangs.
      Character Age: 22
      Character Gender/Pronouns: She/her
      Character Sexuality: Hetero
      Character Looks: page. She's 5'3, extremely slender with a small frame and very pale skin. She has large eyes, ears, and two fangs. She's also blind in both eyes.
      Character History: Ayah was born underground, raised in very poor conditions in complete darkness. She yearned desperately to escape, and was only given the opportunity when she found a secluded and tiny space that led up into an old mine. With dirty tattered clothing and no concept of what the outerworld was like, at a mere 16 years old she got a harsh taste of the world outside of the cave. As soon as her eyes hit the bright sun, she immediately went blind. She wondered aimlessly until she was almost struck by a vehicle, and the kind driver who was a nurse brought her to a hospital. From there she grew closer to the nurse, an older woman named Nrya, and learned how to take care of herself and treat others. With a small sum of money given to her by her friend, Ayah was sent off to a town in the north when Nrya could no longer afford to take care of her after four years together. That's how she ended up in Grimm Town, she doesn't think she's any different from a normal human being and acts just like one. She can't see any differences being blind, but she was told by Nrya to keep her hair over her ears or under a hat, and her fangs retracted in public at all times.
      Character Personality: Ayah is short in stature, appearing frail and weak but has a determined and fierce personality.
      If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: She hides her ears under her hair or a hat, and she retracts her fangs in public.
      Other?: PM me or message me on discord if you'd like to plan relations! She will be living in an apartment in town!

User ID: 210533
          Character Name: Nathaniel
          Character Race: Shapeshifter
          Character Age: four hundred years
          Character Gender/Pronouns: him/he
          Character Sexuality: bisexual
          Character Looks: page. He is 6'2, muscular and lean, with silver hair and teal eyes. His other preferred forms are a black leopard and a gargoyle.
          Character History:
          WIP
          Character Personality: Clever, strong, shy, quiet. A protective guardian type with a soft interior but intimidating exterior. He adores animals.
          If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: As a Shapeshifter he just stays in his human form in public.
          Other?: History is a WIP, but if you'd like to do relations lmk! He will be living in a cabin style house outside of the town.

Wipwip
Last edited by Remini on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Remini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - OPEN & ACCEPTING

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:54 am

User ID: 481834
      Character Name: Anya
      Character Race: Golem
      Character Age: 17 years
      Character Gender/Pronouns:She/they/it
      Character Sexuality: Questioning

Character Looks: Anya has a sort of statuesque beauty about her (what with her being a literal statue and all). Her skin is porcelain white, as is her bob-cut hair, and flat, expresionless eyes. The word "אמת" is carved into her forehead, and a small recess is carved into the back of her neck. This recess holds a small scroll, with Hebrew text written on it. Anya doesn't know what it says, and becomes distressed when anyone tries to remove it. A series of ten circles are engraved on her stomach, arranged into three columns. She cannot move her eyes or mouth, giving her a curious habit of turning her head completely to look at things, as well as an inability to speak. She's fluent in ASL, but generally prefers to communicate by typing out her words on her phone and having people read it.

Character History: Anya was made by an old couple in Santa Fe, New Mexico, simultaneously the daughter they never had and an assistant to help care for them in their old age. Back then, she wasn't really sapient, orders would be written on scrolls and placed into the slot on her neck, and she would carry them out, to the letter. As a last gift before their passing, her creators endowed her with true sapience. Fully awake, Anya began to learn about the world anew, using the books left in her 'parents' house. She managed to live there for some time, but when the bank came to repossess the house, she knew she had to leave. She wasn't sure if it was something written into her life scroll, or if it was simply instinct, but she knew she had to conceal herself from humanity as much as possible. On little more than a whim, she headed north, seeking a place where she could live relatively free. she discovered Grimm Town quite by accident, but she was still welcomed in and given a place to stay. She works as a sort of park ranger/handyman, putting her superhuman resilience and endurance to use helping out those who can't stay in town.

Character Personality: Anya can be a little hard to read, as she has no real way to emote aside from her body language. Her tone, at least in her writing, generally fluctuates between professional, almost corporate speech when she's on the job, and fast, abbreviated text talk when speaking informally. In either case, she can be described as friendly and pleasant to talk to, deeply curious about all aspects of both mundane and supernatural life, while also quiet and reserved; not necessarily out of fear or anxiety, but simply because she doesn't believe she has anything of worth to contribute. She's also developed a love of writing, and has a bookshelf in her house dedicated to journals chronicling the events she's witnessed, as well as her observations of life in Grimm Town.

If they are a magical creature, how do they cloak themselves to humans?: Anya paints herself to resemble a normal human, but still generally wears as much clothing as she can. She covers her forehead with a bandanna, and her mouth and neck with a scarf. It's good enough for her going around town, though anyone watching especially closely will notice that her hair doesn't blow in the wind, and that her skin is maybe a bit too perfect.

Other?: Anya lives in a small house on the edge of town, close to the woods. She goes into town occasionally for supplies, but most of her time is spent assisting the wood-dwelling residents.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wonderland Wasteland - Grimm Town - OPEN & ACCEPTING

Postby GraveBlues » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:38 pm

InfectedHau wrote:

Oops, meant to reply to this earlier; accepted! Anya sounds like a really interesting character! :>
GraveBlues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me