~THE ISLAND OF NO RETURN~ version 2 (accepting forever!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

~THE ISLAND OF NO RETURN~ version 2 (accepting forever!)

Postby padlock heart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:41 pm

padlock heart wrote:
~~~SAILORS~~~

You were just sailing with your crew mates, nothing was out of the ordinary. then the storm hit. it came so fast and so strong no one knew how to react. the wooden ship you were sailing on was smashed to peices of mere drift wood. the waves thrashed you around and held you under. all you remember is fighting for your life... then it all went dark. you wake up with saltwater in your lungs and sand in your eyes, washed up on some kind of island shore. the island looked like a tropical paradise, large green fruit trees, clear blue skies that showed no sign of hostility, and an ocean as blue as sapphires. but something was wrong. you couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. what dangers await you here? will you survive on this island? will you locate your other crew members? will you ever be able to leave?

~~~SEAFOLK~~~

you know the story behind this island. this is your secret home. long ago, a group of sailors came too close and trapped one of your people in their horrible nets and killed them. the sailors returned to their home, telling everyone about the beautiful creatures that lived in the sea. suddenly your home wasn't secret anymore. ships by the hundreds came to the island, killing and capturing hundreds of your people. your enraged and heartbroken queen decided to end the bloodshed and cursed the island to humans. now, whoever came too close to this island would be swept away by a violent storm, and those who survived would stay trapped by it's shores forever. some of you still want to avenge the deaths of your people on these new sailors. some of you show mercy to them and wish to help them start their new lives. you might even grow to love one. but will they love you? will they want to escape their prison and die trying?

~~~THE ISLAND~~~

the island is truly a tropial paradise. white sandy beaches, fruit trees of every kinds covering it, cool freshwater pools, and a large, dormant volcano with hot springs in the center. the surrounding waters contain numerous large fish and underwater caves that lead up under the island. the island itself contains various water foul and other animals. most are harmless, but there are still creatures like jaguars and wolves that prowl the night. in addition to the predators, the nights are dangerous for another reason. sirens love to sing under the moonlight and lure sailors, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to a watery death. in addition to this, once every month when they moon is full, the people of the sea hold a festival called the Midnight Serenade. seafolk from every class is invited to join the festivities and seafood banquet. the sirens are the main proformance, singing enchanted songs all night. the power of all those voices is enough to drive a human mad if they're not careful. in the heart of the island, there is an opening to an underwater cave that leads out into the sea and forms a large, partally concealed pool of saltwater. Merpeople and Silkies love to meet in this part of the island and sailors are wise to be cautious around it..
Last edited by padlock heart on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out these awesome stories my friend is writing!
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
padlock heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~THE ISLAND OF NO RETURN~ version 2 (accepting forever!)

Postby padlock heart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:41 pm

padlock heart wrote:
<<<MERPEOPLE>>>

Merpeople are beautiful creatures that have fish gills and tails instead of legs but appear humanoid from the torso up. the tail and fin color comes in any range of the color spectrum as well as hair and eye color. they also have sharper and longer canine teeth. scales can be scattered across their skin in patterns and fin placement is unique to every merman or mermaid. these people live in an underwater kingdom beneath the island. the only way for a Merperson or Siren to change into human form is to drink a drop of human blood. they then go through a painful change that makes them unable to regain their tail for three days.

<<<SIRENS>>>

these are exceptionally beautiful Merpeople and can be both male and female. they appear similar to Merpeople only they have an irresistable voice that can shatter eardrums and lure even the most strongwilled humans to their deaths. Sirens love to sing and they don't go for a very long time without singing their hearts out. they also have a bio-luminessence that can show itself on fins, on skin, and in strands of their hair.

<<<SILKIES>>>

these are half seal, half human creatures that while in Silkie form have the body of a seal, and the torso of a human. they have more basic colors than Merpeople, sticking to browns, blacks, and whites with the occasional blonde. they have the ability to shed their sealskins as an article of clothing and become human. The Silkies are allies of the merpeople, often swimming to the underwater kingdom and conversing on rocks with them. They can either like or dislike humans since some fishermen were known to steal a Silkie skin to keep them on land. they are mammals so they only breathe air.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
padlock heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padlock heart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:46 pm

RULES

the sailors cannot leave the island.
Stay active! meaning don't make a few posts then dissapear. if you are gone for five days without pming an excuse i will pm you. if i don't hear any word back from you within three days you will be deleted from the rp. you can come back if you ask but your characters will have to start over.
try to make genders even and if three or less have each character a different species.
no bi, gay, or lesbian characters! it is against my religion.
no god moding or powerplay.
put under the sea somewhere in your form if you read these rules.
romance is encouraged but i don't want to many fade to black scenes.
don't date your own characters.
due to the mass amount of females in this roleplay i would like to ask that if you make a female character you must make a male character as well.
if anyone wants to make a significant plot change PM me first for permission.
i will alter these rules as i see fit but i will consider requests.

HUMAN FORMS
name:
what were you doing on the ship?:
personality:
for or against seafolk?:
history (optional):
crush:
bf/gf:
other:

SEAFOLK FORMS
name:
Silkie, Merperson, or Siren?:
personality:
for or against humans?:
history (optional):
crush:
bf/gf:
other:
Last edited by padlock heart on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
padlock heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padlock heart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:49 pm

padlock heart wrote:HUMAN FORMS
name: Samuel Thompson, but known as Sam
looks or discription: Sam has brown hair slightly lightened with the sun and chocolate brown eyes. he has skin fairly tanned with freckles on his face and a lean, lightly toned body. he usually wears a brown t-shirt with semi-loose white pants. he lost his shoes in the storm.
what were you doing on the ship?: he's just a member of the crew, nothing special or low in rank.
personality: Sam is a loyal, hardworking guy who really just wanted the adventure of the sea. he got a bit more than he bargained for. he is not very hard to befriend and comes off as a likable person. he will however, become a firm defender if need be.
for or against seafolk?: he doesn't think they exist.
history (optional): nothing much. his dad was a fishermen.
crush: open
bf/gf: none
other: under the sea.

SEAFOLK FORMS
name: Sapphire Mist
looks or discription: Sapphire is a pretty, lythe girl with a small waist, long eyelashes, and long hair like black opals. her eyes and tail are a dark, sappphire blue like her name and she has flowy, white fins like a goldfish. she is very fair skinned and doesn't spend a lot of time in the sun. she likes to put shell and gem jewery in her hair and on her tail and she wears a lovely white top. Sapphire doesn't have many scales on her skin but what she does have are in swirl-like patterns on her stomach and forearms. she's not strong in the least due to her small frame however.
Silkie, Merperson, or Siren?: siren
personality: she's shy and timid, but also very curious. it's a strange combination of wanting to know things, but being to timid to get very close to them.
for or against humans?: she doesn't know where she stands. she is very curious about them though.
history (optional): she was the middle child of the king and queen and thus was expected to act like a princess. she's afraid of letting her parents down so she became the quiet, shy girl you see today. she does find time to escape the castle to search for shells to make jewerly and sing.
crush: open
other: under the sea
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
padlock heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Θάλεια » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:05 pm

SEAFOLK FORM
name: Skye Storm
looks or description: She has a dark purple tail, with darker blue translucent fins at the end and a shorter one running down her spine. Her hair (which she usually keeps pretty short) is the same purple color as her tail, and her eyes are a dark blue, framed with dark eyelashes. She has pale skin, and she doesn't tan easily. She has no freckles, and double ear piercings in her ears. She often wears jewelry she's collected from shipwrecks, along with a black crop top tank top. (Picture below is mostly accurate)
Silkie, Merperson, or Siren?: Siren
personality: Closed up at first, may seem rude, but she's usually just evaluating who she can trust and observing those around her. Once you get to know her, she's super friendly and will talk about anything.
history (optional): her mom was killed in a fishing accident not too far from the island when Skye was just 5, so she doesn't remember much about it. Her dad doesn't talk about it much, but what she does know is that her mom got caught in the net and they pulled her on board. Her dad never tells more than that. Her dad is now very protective, and hates humans. They've lived in a fairly nice cave near the island her whole life.
crush: Sam {that should be fairly obvious at this point x)}
bf/gf: none right now
other: under the sea!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Last edited by Θάλεια on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
•••

I hope you're off doing something wild and crazy because you feel young and invincible.

•••
Θάλεια

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padlock heart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:03 pm

(accepted!)
(oops! forgot Athenos!)
SEAFOLK FORMS
name: Athenos (Theno only to his family)
looks or discription: Athenos is a very attractive male, considering he's a siren. he has a smooth, squared jaw and a dark green tail with gold trim along each of his scales and on the tips of his fins, making them look like they're dipped in gold. his fins have small hidden spines that he can use for defense. his skin is lightly tanned and has scales sprinkled over his toned torso and forearms. his eyes are probably the most striking feature about him, they are dark green around the pupils and gold around the outer irises while being framed by thick eyelashes. his hair is blond with orange streaks, all natural mind you, and is somewhat long so that it frames his face and eyes.
Silkie, Merperson, or Siren?: siren
personality: he's your typical charming sea prince. all the women of the kingdom love him for his looks, his carisma, and his manners. while being polite, humorous, and somewhat flirtatious, he also has a deeper side of his personality. he wants to become a good king and is protective over his sister. the two have a strong bond and Athenos understands Sapphire's insecurities about being a princess and tries to comfort her.
for or against humans?: depends. he thinks all humans are capable of massive destruction and harm to his kind, but he won't attack them without reason.
history (optional): Same as Sapphire's, though he's being taught to one day become king.
crush: open. "it's a shame isn't it? i've been introduced to many foriegn princesses but i still haven't found that special someone."
other: under the sea
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
padlock heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Θάλεια » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:06 am

{bump!}
•••

I hope you're off doing something wild and crazy because you feel young and invincible.

•••
Θάλεια

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Θάλεια » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:05 am

{bump!}
•••

•••
Θάλεια

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padlock heart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:26 am

(btw we are starting over from the beginning.)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
padlock heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Θάλεια » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:17 pm

{okie-dokie-loki}
•••

•••
Θάλεια

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me