Murderers in ThunderClan V.7

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

● sharp eyes, but not sharp enough

Postby jay. » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:23 am

the exile wrote:
    the news that greypool and beepaw had been killed had very quickly reached the rest of the clan, leaving many distraught. it was no secret that the murders had shattered the environment within the clan, especially after the discovery that one of their own had possibly been responsible. russetfang had informed softstar on what she knew - being the first to bring up that there had been another cat's scent at the scene, along with those of a rogue. everyone in the clan was clearly agitated and desperate for answers, greypool and beepaw had been young and promising cats, who would want to take them away so heartlessly?

the sun had just passed sunhigh and was making its gradual descent when softstar jumped onto the top of the highrock, her tail flicking back and forth as she glanced down at the clan below her. russetfang sat just below the highrock, still processing the news of what had happened to her son. while the rest of the clan were still mourning, it was clear that the discovery had hit her the worst, her usual confident outward look on life completely drained. if anything, she just wanted to know who did it - and why.
    "may all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather below the highrock for a clan meeting." softstar's voice cracked, it felt inappropriate calling a meeting like this when there was a potential murderer among them. her eyes trailed across all her clanmates, and she locked eyes with both her mate and brother for a second, both of which returned a sympathetic look to her. this meeting wasn't going to be easy. she swallowed and stepped forward, clearing her throat.

"as we all know, a terribly discovery was made this morning - two young, promising cats unfortunately left us in.. an untimely manner." she lowered her head for a moment, hearing the quiet yet upset murmurs of her clan mates. "i understand that we are all on edge right now, but it is important that we remember them - a proper vigil will be held for them at sundown." she nodded, before quickly adding on in a sharper tone. "however, it was brought to my attention that one of our own was at the scene and did not help these two, leading many of us to believe that they were also responsible. while i do not wish to jump to conclusions, i also do not want this.. dangerous individual, walking among us." she paused, hearing the murmurs of the clan grow further, and looked up at the sky. "i don't know why starclan would wish to punish us with a traitor, and i do not wish harm on them, whoever they are. softstar looked back down at her clan. "but someone who would cause harm to their own clan mates is not welcome within my clan." the leader shuffled her paws under her, as if debating if her next choice of words was the wisest thing to do. she had discussed the matter earlier with those closest to her, and they had suggested that a vote had been the best option. if it was the wrong thing to do, starclan would have surely stopped us, right? she shakily exhaled.

"i have decided that it is in the best interest of the clan that we hold a vote on who we believe the culprit is. i have already spoken to those who discovered the scene at first and gathered their opinons." she could see russetfang's figure out of the corner of her eyes. "but i also feel that it is important i get the opinion of the clan as well, to allow you to voice who you believe would have committed this horrible tragedy. i will also allow you to keep your votes anonymous - i understand that voting to exile one of your clan mates is not an easy task." softstar flicked her tail, looking down over the edge of the highrock. "russetfang will gather your votes." and with that, russetfang slowly rose to her paws, pacing between her clan mates and gathering their votes. understandingly, a lot of them abstained, refusing to give votes, yet russetfang did not give them a verbal response, instead returning a distasteful look towards them - how could they care so little about what was happening? after all of the votes had been gathered, russetfang jumped up onto the highrock, whispering the results into softstar's ears - results that shocked her. she muttered her thanks back to her deputy, who jumped back down onto the ground as softstar addressed the clan again. "i hear your voices." she sighed, casting a glance towards the medicine cats who were sitting just short of the clearing.

"willowwing for exile." she spoke, earning a confused yet distraught response from willowwing. ''but it wasn't me! greypool was my sister, i-i wouldn't dare hurt her!" her ears flattened against her head as she watched softstar slowly shake her head, clearly not wanting to hear out any of willowwing's arguments. "i'm sorry, willowwing, but it's what has to be done. you are no longer welcome on thunderclan territory. if you are caught, you will be chased out." softstar tried to keep her voice calm, but in reality she felt horrible. she hoped this was the right choice, it had to be, right? so many of the clan had voted against willowwing, and she trusted their judgement. russetfang walked behind willowwing, shoving the medicine cat in the shoulder and making her stand. "you heard her." she half-heartedly hissed at the grey cat, who looked past her at her mentor desperately. "pigeonheart, tell them it wasn't me - please i'm begging you-" "i'm sorry, willowwing." pigeonheart uttered, looking away. willowwing screwed up her face and shakily inhaled. russetfang nudged her again, yet this time she complied, slowly walking out of the clan with her head hung low, guided by the deputy. she could feel the eyes of the clan watching her as she left. willowwing could only hope that starclan would have mercy on her - she was innocent, and she knew it.

once russetfang and willowwing were out of sight, softstar nodded, jumping down from the highrock. "clan dismissed." she quickly commented, watching the cats below her slowly disperse off to their own dens.

i hope that was the right choice. she thought to herself, turning on her paws and walking off into her den.

uh oh - you exile the wrong cat! careful thunderclan, the murderer still lurks among you.
    relationships

softstar mentors ploverpaw
    greypool mentors beepaw
    russetfang mentors stingpaw
    pigeonheart mentors willowwing

softstar ♥ magpiecreek = cranekit (adopted)
    unknown ♥ unknown = stingpaw + ploverpaw
    russetfang ♥ unknown = beepaw
    unknown ♥ unknown = russetfang + avocetwhisker
    unknown ♥ unknown = greypool + crossgaze + willowwing
    unknown ♥ unknown = softstar + pigeonheart

if you'd like to change or add anything, dm me.

THUNDERCLAN (9/12)
    (1) leader
    softstar // the sound
    (1) deputy
    russetfang // flightoftheowl
    (1) medicine cat
    pigeonheart // gerard way
    (0) medicine cat apprentice
    willowwing // smilepup
    (3) warriors
    avocetwhisker // montmorency
    greypool // мσƨƨғıяε
    magpiecreek // beebun
    crossgaze // hoppin
    (2) apprentices
    beepaw // spikemuth rocker
    stingpaw // skarrred
    ploverpaw // ufoparty
    (1) kits
    cranekit // daisiegames
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● we're all just souls stuck in a cycle, you know that right

Postby jay. » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 am

the kill wrote:
    crossgaze paced aimlessly out in the forest. part of him hoped he'd find his sister, willowwing. he knew that she hadn't killed greypool, why would she? kin wouldn't kill kin like that. he also knew that his attempts were useless, he wouldn't find her out here - she was a noble cat and would not risk endangering herself like that. it had been a while since he had lost both his siblings, and each day since he had found himself wandering the forest close to the thunderclan border, in some hopes that he'd see either of them again. the murders had torn the clan apart, and eyes had turned to him once his sister had been exiled, something about kin harming kin or something - he couldn't remember. all he knew was that the brief freedom from the clan was comforting for him, deep down he knew the murderer was still among them and would rather distance himself than associate with them, whoever they were.

he must have been idling in space for a while, because he caught the attention of a familiar voice.

"do you miss them too?" crossgaze flinched at the sudden noise - he had been up wind, and could not smell them sneaking up on him. he swished his tail and huffed, partly hoping he'd be left alone, but he couldn't deny the company of a friend. "a lot. i guess i'm still.. processing everything. it all happened too fast." it was strange for him to talk like that, crossgaze was typically a goofy cat, but the tremendous loss had caught him off guard. he heard his clan mate pace forward and felt as they reached his side, sitting down next to him. "i'm guessing you come here a lot then, i've noticed your absence a lot. decided to give you company today, as you seem like you really need it," they continued, earning a quiet chuckle from crossgaze. "i guess you could say that, yeah. though it's more of being torn between wanting company and wanting to away from the others. i know willowwing didn't do it, she wouldn't do something like that. i don't know why the clan were so quick to turn on her. she didn't deserve it.. none of them did." crossgaze shook his head in a moment of mourning.

his companion went quiet for a moment, something that crossgaze noticed, but paid little attention to. he understood they must be struggling with the loss too, it had affected everyone, after all.

"maybe because the murderer was given assistance, and people turned to the younger medicine cat, who would not have warrior training, as the potential perpetrator. it's funny how people think." they suddenly spoke up, their choice of words confusing crossgaze, but once again it felt wrong to point anything out. they were mourning the loss of clanmates, that's all it was, right? the pair remained quiet once more, until crossgaze caught a scent on the breeze and flicked his ear, lifting his head upwards. his companion remained still, yet watched with curiosity as the tom seemed to notice something. his expression quickly changed and he bounded forward, maybe starclan had answered his wishes after all.
    "willowwing? i can't believe you came back!" he kept bounding forward, his companion now slowly rising to their paws and stalking after him, keeping a small distance between the both of them. crossgaze kept running forward before coming to a halt, seemingly due to the fact he lost the scent. the tom span in a circle, trying to pick up the scent again, only to freeze at the sound of rustling in the bushes in front of him. willowwing's scent returned, it had to be her. "willowwing - it's me, he said eagerly, only for his expression to drop as he smelt the sharp yet distinctive smell of copper. blood. the rustling in the bush in front of him continued only for a moment more, before he heard a thud on the ground in front of him, the smell of blood overwhelming the other scents - he couldn't move, his empty gaze just stared directly at what he hoped wasn't what he thought it was.

a snicker was heard coming from the direction he was staring at. unseen to him was a white cat, her fur stained with blood and her fur a mess. below her was the exact thing crossgaze dreaded - willowwing's dead body. the white she-cat grinned. "awhh, don't look so shocked, clan cat, she didn't suffer for long." her tone was mocking, and crozzgaze unsheathed his claws. he knew taking her on by himself wasn't the smartest idea, but luckily for him he had company, the other clan.. mate... where did they go. the fact he was down wind did not help his case, his clan mate's scent was once again lost to the breeze. the white she-cat clearly noticed his confusion and spoke up. "looking for my little helper, i'm assuming? extremely helpful in ridding these lands of you filth." she almost spat, and crossgaze's fur bristled. she couldn't mean.. no.. he shook his head. "y-you animal.. you're lying, they wouldn't-" crossgaze felt fur against his side and froze, the familiar scent of his clan mate filling the area. overcome with an extreme sense of fear and anxiety, crossgaze shuffled his paws and slowly started stalking backwards away from the pair.

the white she-cat looked over at the murderer, narrowing her eyes. "what are you waiting for? do it." she growled, causing the murderer to slowly turn around to look at crossgaze. he seemed to further sense this danger and turned around, trying to run away, only to immediately be jumped by the murderer and pinned to the ground, his neck crushed by a quick yet sharp bite. the murderer picked up crossgaze's corpse and dragged it backwards, resting it next to where willowwing's corpse was. it hadn't been their original intent on killing an exiled cat, yet their companion had insisted that it would help out greatly. standing over the two bodies, the murderer exchanged glances with the white she-cat, who appeared proud of their achievements. she purred, "good work, i assure you this will all be worth it in the end. thank you. and with that she walked past them into the forest. as they had before, the murderer turned and walked back to camp, cleaning off before they snuck back in, as if nothing had happened.

there goes a bloodline. might want to keep a closer eye on your clanmates.
    relationships

softstar mentors ploverpaw
    greypool mentors beepaw
    russetfang mentors stingpaw
    pigeonheart mentors willowwing

softstar ♥ magpiecreek = cranekit (adopted)
    unknown ♥ unknown = stingpaw + ploverpaw
    russetfang ♥ unknown = beepaw
    unknown ♥ unknown = russetfang + avocetwhisker
    unknown ♥ unknown = greypool + crossgaze + willowwing
    unknown ♥ unknown = softstar + pigeonheart

if you'd like to change or add anything, dm me.

THUNDERCLAN (8/12)
    (1) leader
    softstar // the sound
    (1) deputy
    russetfang // flightoftheowl
    (1) medicine cat
    pigeonheart // gerard way
    (0) medicine cat apprentice
    willowwing // smilepup
    (2) warriors
    avocetwhisker // montmorency
    greypool // мσƨƨғıяε
    magpiecreek // beebun
    crossgaze // hoppin
    (2) apprentices
    beepaw // spikemuth rocker
    stingpaw // skarrred
    ploverpaw // ufoparty
    (1) kits
    cranekit // daisiegames
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Murderers in ThunderClan V.7

Postby DaisieGames » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:17 pm

Cranekit yawned as she awoke to the sun's rays shining through the nursery walls. Getting up from her nest, the kit tiptoed out of the den and looked around noticing camp was quiet. Figuring this was a good time, she crept outside of camp and padded along, scenting the scent of Crossgaze. Following the scent, she blinked as she tried to recall the other scent, remembering when the other cats that had died brought in the same scent. "No!" she yowled, tail flicking with fear.
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:45 pm

magpiecreek
xx> female, warrior
xx> location ; thunderclan territory
xx> tags ; none
xx> mentions ; cranekit
hex = BFBFBF

xxxxmagpiecreek had been asleep when she heard a scream. ears perked, pale green eyes wide, she jolted awake. though tired as she was, magpiecreek ran outside. her first instinct was to wake softstar, but she didn’t want to bother her mate. that was when magpecreek ran to the nursery, finding no one inside. where was cranekit?! her stomach dropped. something better have not happened to the kit. gulping, magpiecreek ran after cranekit’s scent.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skarrred » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Stingpaw | Male | Apprentice | @Nobody

Waking up to a faint yowl, his head perked in confusion. A small "Huh?" made a move from his mouth, as he stood up. His tail flicked as he stood to stretch, thinking he had simply...heard wrong. He sighed, stepping out from his den to look outside. Seeing the sunlight, he decided to rest on a rock and warm himself up before he had to go train or hunt. The yowl was just in his confusion..right?
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisieGames » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 pm

Cranekit crouched, her body trembling. Whimpering in fear, her ears pricked as she heard pawsteps coming closer to her. I hope it's a clanmate, she thought to herself, knowing she shouldn't be out here.
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flightoftheowl » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:37 pm

Russetfang | She-cat | Deputy
Russetfang had not long finished the longest night of her life. She'd stood vigil throughout all the long hours of the night over Graypool and her sons' bodies, either lost in memories, in rage towards Willowwing, or in silent prayers to Starclan. Finally, as the first hint of dawn touched the horizon, she'd dragged herself, limbs leaden, back to her nest, to try and sleep, with very little success; eventually, she'd fallen asleep, but her dreams were plagued by images of rogues with bloody claws, the voice of her son, pleading, herself running but always being too slow to reach him, too slow- She snapped awake, for the fifth time in an hour, and heaved an exhausted, low-spirited sigh. It's useless... you might as well get up, instead of being useless trying to sleep. Maybe today, we can track down that rogue, make them pay... So she heaved her tired body out of her nest and slowly padded into the clearing. Her ears pricked, though, as she heard a distant yowl, and she tensed immediately, remembering her own voice raised in anguish. No. It couldn't be... has Willowwing come back to strike again?! She saw Magpiecreek run outside and met her gaze, just as concerned, then saw her check the nursery and quickly come back out again, looking even more concerned. The deputy quickly followed, adrenaline pushing through her leaden tiredness. Please, please, not Cranekit, not our youngest clan member...

It was like reliving a nightmare as the scent of blood hit her nose once more. The worst had already happened, in the deputy's eyes, now that her son was gone, but it still made her heart plunge into her stomach and her dread grow. Suddenly, they burst into a clearing, and Russetfang saw with great relief that Cranekit was still alive; but... two cats were not. Crossgaze, his blind eyes staring skyward, his neck- once again- crushed, and... Willowwing?! But... how could that be...? Could it be that he fought her off, that she attacked him and they both died? But no- she opened her mouth to better draw in the scents, and once more, there was the bitter scent of a rogue... and a third, frustratingly unidentifiable Thunderclan scent. "Then... we were wrong. I was wrong." The words were ash in her mouth. "There's still a traitor in Thunderclan." Willowwing was innocent... she died for no reason... and my son is still unavenged! She shook her head, rousing herself before her thoughts descended into rage, and came to Cranekit's side, giving her a comforting lick on the head. "Cranekit... don't you know it's dangerous to leave camp?" she said as gently as possible, remembering with another fresh pang when Beepaw was her age. "I'm so sorry... a kit your age should never see this."
flightoftheowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montmorency » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:09 pm

𝘈𝘝𝘖𝘊𝘌𝘛𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘚𝘒𝘌𝘙 ─────────
    ( he/him ) ( warrior ) ( location: the bodies ) ( tags: cranekit, russetfang )

xxNightmares plagued Avocetwhisker. The murders shook him to his core, leaving him twitching in his sleep as he dreamt. He saw the bodies of Greypool and Beepaw, lifeless and bloody, below a cloudless dark sky. He saw the silhouette of a cat just beyond them, disappearing into the brush before he could make out the details of their appearance. Seconds later, he felt claws on his back.

xxThe calico awoke with a start, eyes wide. His claws dug into his mossy nest. He took a moment to compose himself, relaxing his claws and steadying his breathing. The thought that someone had killed Greypool and Beepaw in cold blood—let alone Willowwing, one of this clanmates—sickened him. Yet something told him that maybe it hadn't been her. The unease he had felt before she was exiled, knowing that one of his clanmates was a murderer, still had not left him.

xxEvidently, that thought was not unfounded. A distant yowl startled Avocetwhisker out of his rumination, making him get to his paws and run out of camp. He followed the direction he assumed the sound came from, anxiety rising in his chest. He felt slight relief when he spied Cranekit, whole and alive, but any semblance of good feeling was shattered when he saw the bodies. A second pair, Crossgaze and Willowwing, bathed in the metallic scent of blood. It overpowered any other scent as came nearer to them, feeling sick to his stomach. Not again... Russetfang's words were drowned out by the pounding of his heart as he stood paralyzed.

xxFor the second time that day, Avocetwhisker tried to find whatever it took within to compose himself. He approached Cranekit, brushing against her in an attempt to give comfort and standing in a way that his body blocked Cranekit's view of the corpses. Avocetwhisker glanced at Russetfang before looking back at Cranekit, trying to give her a comforting expression. "Let's take you back to camp," he murmured to her softly, swallowing the sick he felt in his throat.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:11 pm

[votes are open, keep roleplaying]
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby beebun » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:26 pm

magpiecreek
xx> female, warrior
xx> location ; thunderclan territory
xx> tags ; russetfang, avocetwhisker
xx> mentions ; n/a
vote; undecided
hex = BFBFBF

xxxxmagpiecreek came late, of course. when she got to the scene, russetfang and avocetwhisker were standing with cranekit. and.. there was a body. and blood. and the scent of death, too. she scurried over, panting while saying, “what happened? cranekit - are you ok? wait. why are you out of camp?!” magpiecreek stopped herself before realizing the yowl had been cranekit’s.
that was when she came to a conclusion about something. willowwing hadn’t been the murderer. the medicine cat had been exiled for nothing. there was still a murderer in their midst.. magpiecreek nuzzled cranekit before turning to the other two adults, and the body.. she was lost for words.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me