Long Road Ahead (1x1 with Sori)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Long Road Ahead (1x1 with Sori)

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:31 am

Please don't post here unless your me or sori!

Months after defeating the Traveler and collecting its treasure, everything was going smoothly as "peace" fell over pandora, besides the bandits and psycho's that is. However, reports soon come in of long dead enemies returning rather suddenly calls for investigation before the worst of the worst shows up.

Jack - CEO of Hyperion - Your Worst Nightmare

Combat Handsome Jack operates like an Engineer when in combat as well as having the ability to activate camouflage/turn invisible and summon a guardian surveyor to both fight with him and project a shield.
    Gear
    • Weapons: unknown/named pistol, Conference call, Flakker, Volcano
    • Shield: Impaler - Maliwan - spike shield - corrosive - When damaged sends out corrosive projectiles at the enemy, making them think twice about touching you/him.
    • Grenade mod: Leech - Decreased damage and blast radius but all damage done by the grenade instantly restores self and allies health.
    • Class mod: -
    • Relic: -
    Other: Heterachromic (one blue one green)

∞|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|∞

>ImageImageImage<
>Personal ryka collection<
>ImageImage<
∞|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|∞
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Long Road Ahead (1x1 with Sori)

Postby Sori » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am

▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
▀▄
Rhys - CEO of Atlas - The Company Man

In the months of peace after opening the vault and discovering its treasure, Rhys
put his focus into rebuilding Atlas. It was hard to get started- finding the resources
and people to rebuild was difficult, but soon enough he had at least one of the old
Atlas facilities up and running again with some assistance from his friends.

Combat: He is definitely not the best in combat, even though he had had a bit of
proper self-defense training by his head of security at Atlas. Rhys has upgraded
from a stun baton at this point- being fitted with a small Atlas pistol and an Ashin
shield when he leaves the facility.
Last edited by Sori on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:38 am

----H A N D S O M E J A C K ----

• It'd been an completely normal day for him. One moment he's killing some idiot from accounting for embezzling millions of dollars and wasting it on Gold plated office furniture. The next, security is calling him saying something just... appeared on Helios. Some crystal like shard structure that had a composite similar to Eridium. That obviously got the CEO's attention, after all he'd just barely got the mining and drilling operations going on Pandora to harvest Eridium. So he headed down to the reported spot without hesitation, wanting to see this for himself.

• Thats when things got alittle... Weird. For some reason he just became hyper-focused on the shard. It wasn't even all that big, maybe the size of his palm more or less. But its odd, musical humming drew him in and he's ignoring security telling him not to touch it. He just snarls a 'I'll do as i please' at them before he's picking it up. He can feel the energy pulsing off it, making the hairs on his arm prickle and stand on end like a rolling wave of goosebumps. Next thing he knew the crystal's radiant humming grew in pitch and it sparkled before the light it emitted grew to blinding intensity, then a sudden intense wave of heat and motion that makes the Hyperion CEO drop the crystal and lift his arms to shield himself from the light.

• When it was over and Jack felt it safe to lower his arms he was standing at the entrance of some town. He looked to be on Pandora and the town looked eerily similar to New Haven but... Old and Decrepit, abandoned, not to mention what appeared to be an Atlas Facility before him. He had a huge pile of stocks in Atlas, maybe if the place was till functioning he could get some answers? Like what was going on, how he got here and so on. Thus Jack brushed himself down, fixed his coat then his hair before pushing forward to head towards the Atlas building, mumbling to himself.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

Rhys clicked his pen absently while listening to one of his developers pitch him new gun ideas. Most of his days lately seemed to be filled with meetings, and Rhys was getting a little tired of it from having not left the building in over two weeks. He glanced down at the blueprints in front of him- a design for a sniper rifle, and scratched his head thinking about how much it would take to produce, and how much funds they had in the first place- which wasn't much, surprisingly. It took a lot of money to even rebuild one facility between fixing it up, hiring the staff, and starting production up. Besides, a lot of their profit went to researching Eridium, so they currently only had a few new weapons on the market. Rhys set the pen down and tapped his finger on the blueprint. "Looks good- you've got my go-ahead to start making a prototype." Creating a prototype couldn't hurt them too bad, but he'd have to double-check with Yvette, who he'd placed in charge of Finances. He stood up to shake the employee's hand as a farewell, "Let me know when you make progress with it." Rhys gave them a small smile, and they nodded.

Alone in his office, Rhys let out a sigh and slumped down in his chair. How many more meetings did he have today? Rhys briefly checked his schedule on his computer. Five. Great. He considered canceling them- he's the CEO, so he could do that now and not have death threats thrown at him like on Helios- but he figured putting them off would just mean more work the next day. He was about to signal for the next person to come in- but a blaring alarm sounded throughout the building, and a voice boomed over the speakers. "Level three lockdown in progress, please remain calm until the situation is dealt with." At first he considered that it was a drill, but seeing as he was kept informed of drills and that he was getting a call from his head of security, it probably wasn't one. He let the call through. "Why the lockdown?"

"Sir, you need to see what we caught on our security cameras, we don't understand how it's possible," the woman sounded- afraid-? He'd known Whitney for a while now, and there wasn't much on Pandora that scared her from what he'd seen. He was a little hesitant to see what it was.

"Patch it through." Rhys waited a moment for the live surveillance footage to pop up on his computer screen. When it did, he felt his stomach twist and the color drain from his face. "Are... you sure this is real? Not some cruel prank by someone hacking a camera?" Rhys didn't understand how it was possible, either. And he didn't want to believe it was.

"No, sir, we already checked and no one has tampered with the cameras. Should we open fire?" Rhys couldn't take his eyes off the screen. The figure was walking toward the facility, and Rhys's heart thumped hard in his chest. He understood why Whitney was afraid. Living and breathing, Handsome Jack was right on their doorstep. Rhys thought this chapter of his life had been over.

With a little bit of hesitance, he replied, "Activate the turrets."
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

• Its... rather lively inside surprisingly. Wasn't most of Atlas abandoned when Athena went ballistic and started killing them all after the whole Elpis thing. He rubs the back of his neck, lifts a hand to get someones attention and then- The entire lobby clears out and the whole place is going on lock down. What the hell? "Hey, woah, woah, woah wait a minute whats going on here?!" He shouts a bit in surprise.

• Next thing he knows, as the lobby is empty accept for him, the security system activates. Turrets dropping down from the ceiling and opening fire on him. He spouts curse words a plenty as he trips up, quick to dash behind some cover. "Hey dumb-dumbs! I'm not an enemy! I'm a damn stock holder for christ sakes! Hello! Don't you f- Oh forget it. I'm going to shoot who ever runs this place." Jack growls to himself as he turned his hand over, quick to open an interface. He's quick to digistruct a guardian surveyor. "Take the turrets out." He commands instantly.

• The drone gives a few little excited beeps of confirmation to the order and is quick to the air and dash off. It whirls bout in the air to attract the turrets attention, turn the automated machines against themselves, ensure the turrets were all destroyed before the surveyor goes to jack and easily pops a shield around him next just incase. Thus, jack popped his head around his cover, lets out a breath before getting to his feet and dusting himself off as he steps back out to the middle of the lobby. "What the hell is going on around here?" He grumbled as he looked around, ran a hand through his hair to ensure it was still nice and tidy a he walked around the lobby slowly.

• The front door was locked tight, obviously, so were any other doors leading deeper into the facility. He takes in a deep breath, then lets out an aggrivated exhale a he moves to one of the doors and tries to connect to its interface with his own, maybe he can hack it open and get farther in? He needs to find the jerk that decided to open fire on him! Handsome jack! The most powerful man in the galaxy for cry-out-loud.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:31 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

Rhys obviously had high enough security clearance to bypass a lockdown, so he left his office, clipping his shield and pistol to his belt as soon as the initial shock of the situation wore off. He was walking quickly through the hallways, the lobby security camera projected from the center of his cybernetic hand. He watched as Jack easily took out the turrets with his surveyors. Rhys let out a curse under his breath before speaking into his ECHO comm. "Whitney, I'm going down there, and I'm going to need backup." He should've known turrets wouldn't work on Jack, he was too smart and it probably just made him angry. There was a short silence on the other line. No one wanted to be near Handsome Jack, which was completely understandable as most of his employees were ex-Hyperion. "This is Handsome Jack. I'm going to try talking to him, figure out why he's here. And if things don't go well I need you to be there."

"We'll meet you by the elevator on the first floor," she said at last. And now Jack was trying to hack one of the doors. Perfect.

"Thank you, hold on I'm getting another call-" Rhys switched the line. Yvette.

"Rhys, are you okay?" were the first words out of her mouth. She was the only person in the building right now that he'd told the entire story of what happened with him and Jack to. "I'm watching the security footage, you better not be doing anything stupid."

"I'm fine." A lie, more or less. Physically he was fine. Mentally? Rhys was suppressing the terror of seeing Jack again for the first time since Helios crashed. "Don't worry, nothing I do can be as stupid as trusting Jack the first time." Unless somehow Jack managed twist his words in such a way Rhys would trust him a second time. Although, he promised himself he wouldn't let that happen. Just as he promised himself he'd never plug in his old eye implant again, which he kept safely locked up in his desk. "Just keep an eye on the cameras and stay safe." She was about to say more but he hung up on her as he reached the elevator.

He met up with Whitney and a group of guards as agreed. They went over a few brief things, what the plan was if talking to Jack didn't work out, not to shoot unless Rhys told them to- etcetera etcetera. Then, the group made their way toward the lobby, guards out in front of Rhys and Whitney.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:44 pm

• He's just about to break through the security to the door and get it open when its opening on its own. He's quick to take several steps back, he's highly annoyed but also alittle relieved. He can recognize security when it points a gun in his face, thought the person they circle has interest. They had to be the head of this building at least with the dress up. "Fine-A-Lee. He drawls out at first as he looks at the group. He's quick to call back the surveyor, letting it deconstruct and vanish from sight, thus the shield it casted gone.
  • "This is an atlas facility right? I hold a lot of stocks here, maybe you didn't recognize me or something so i'll let the turret thing slide this one time. But i'm in serious need of some answers here kiddos." He smacks his hands together alittle urgently as he took a deep breath then let it out. "I've got a lot of things to do cupcake. And Helios and Hyperion isn't going to run itself.... I mean it probably could with how i have it all set up but still! Pretty sure half of those idiots on the board up there are going insane with that little vanishing act. And what happened to New Haven? Last i checked, Roland and his little crimson bandit gang were still operating here." He states as he roughs up his hair slightly before smoothing it back out.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

Rhys shot a nervous glance at Whitney before stepping out in front of Jack. A lot of what he was saying was confusing. This was probably confusing for everyone involved. "We do recognize you, and we recognize you as a high-level threat to Atlas." And all of Pandora- but Rhys left that out. "Although, I have things to do as well and I need you to answer my questions first." He was trying to stay confidant- trying to not let the facade masking his fear shatter. Jack seemed to have his defenses down for the moment, so Rhys attempted to convince himself he wasn't a threat for now. "What vanishing act? How did you get here?" Rhys crossed his arms, he looked Jack in the eyes for only a moment before he started feeling sick. He looked at his nose instead. Rhys waited for an answer. If Jack didn't answer the questions, or if he tried to make it seem like he was the one holding the cards here, Rhys was ready to order the gaurds to at least try putting restraints on him. There was a part of himself that Rhys hated- for some reason even though he was so set on it moments earlier, Rhys had a hard time straight out telling the guards to open fire now that Jack was in front of him. He told himself it was because he didn't want to put their lives at stake.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm

• "What do you consider all stock holders in your company a threat? You're going to lose a lot of stock holders like that i hope you know." He stated with a huff, crossing his arms at his chest a he looked at rhys. This one was kind of pretty. Almost like eye candy. Maybe thats why he's survived this long and why jack hadn't met him yet. He shrugs that off for now. "Probably some boched assassination attempt. Security on Helios reported some weird object just appearing on Helios. Can you believe that? Just mysteriously popping up and all, sounded like a crock. So i checked it out." He stated with a slight chuckle as he began pacing ever so faintly.

• "Some crystal looking object. Reminded me of something i saw on the pandoran moon Elpis. Some idiot must of brought some moon or lunar shards back. Anyways. I picked it up, big flash of light, and then i'm down here at the entrance of New haven. So again, i'd like some answers too kitten. It had to be some poor excuse in taking me out. Or maybe some prank from r&d. I'm going to space them once i get back to helios, those incompetent ingrates. Get me with some prototype telepotation eridium grenade bull." He grumbled, huffing greatly in anger and annoyance as he looks at Rhys.

• Its at this point that he noted this kid actually seems to be trying to mask some fear. Maybe his reputation did proceed him, and maybe thats why this guy was considering him a threat to atlas right now, he thought ole' jack was there to kill him, or maybe he knew that he hired Athena a while back and thought he'd spoil their location. It got the faintest of chuckles from him. "Jesus kitten, you can relax. I'm not here to kill anyone. I just want answers is all. If i wanted anyone dead, it would of happened by now." He stated as an attempt to put them at ease.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:12 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

Rhys tensed up a little when Jack started pacing, but he listened to his explanation. A crystal? That teleports people if touched. That sounded vaguely familiar, but he needed more information. And of course Jack saw through his mask- he knew when someone was scared of him. It was true he'd have killed Rhys by now if he wanted to, he remembered how the first thing the hologram tried to do was kill him, and strangely hearing Jack say he wasn't here to kill anyone did put Rhys as ease a bit. Now, he was even considering calling off the guards and possibly the lockdown. If Jack really didn't mean to be a threat- No, Rhys don't be stupid. He mentally slapped himself for it. Really? That's all it took? What happened to never trust Jack again?

"Sorry, just- this situation is very strange." Rhys took in a breath and pushed the topic of the crystal further. "Did the crystal get teleported too? Or was it just you?" He hoped for the former, it'd be a good thing to research. Maybe they could use the teleport technology to develop some completely new tech- and of course figure out how the hell Handsome Jack was here and how to teleport him back where he came from before Rhys made another huge Jack-related mistake.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me