Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite Only)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite On

Postby LostGosling » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 pm

({Nix@ Recap sent and Lotus could stumble across Lemur's Aislinn at the rural petting zoo? They're about the same age, and could react over the fence. :3})

({Nellas@ Lol, from what I got from Lemur, are we waiting to bring Kae in so Iagan and Sundara can go an an epic hunt for their father? Or is he coming in now? xD "fail" })

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I<?>I Anara I<?>I

Anara gave a genuine smile, whickering to her lovely little filly ever so slightly as she came scrambling from the tree line. And of course, she reacted as she normally did around others when Sunny was in question. Before she even knew what was happening, she'd protectively angled herself a little in-between her daughter and the lead, sheerly out of reflex. A soft snort escaped her body in response to her own ill-mannered ways, but even this was only able to stir the smallest inkling of regret. It wasn't that the lead was untrustworthy, but nothing was over the top when it came to her only reason for existing. Her only reason to have held it together all this time. She'd been caring for Sundara an entire year now, all on her own, and though the filly was growing up far too quickly for her liking, she still couldn't help but briefly pause to look her over for anything out of the norm. It was a quick little habit she'd picked up ever since the youngster's birth. Of course her dark hazel mane was all in a muss now from rushing from the forest so fast. And she appeared to be wet all over from the dew, causing her lighter hazel fur to ruffle in odd places, and causing her black and white brindles to distort just a hair. However, her pale grey eyes shined back at her mother with nothing more than foal-like curiosity, and this reassured her enough to get back to business. Giving a relieved sigh, and carefully biting back the urge to begin cleaning her all over like a newborn, she gestured toward the small pile of marigolds and cobwebs. She spoke calmly, and always kept an encouraging smile on her face. Her voice even seemed to effortlessly slide into that special tone that she used just for Sunny. "Okay honey, this mare has been in a very bad accident, and needs us to help her get better. We don't have everything that we need, but she's in too much pain for us to wait for supplies. I know they don't taste the best, but I need you to chew those marigold blossoms and webs together into a nice, thick paste and spread it into her wounds. I'll go back over them with a new round and start on the marigold leaves as you finish up...." she paused, taking a few new buds and more web into her mouth as she seemed to remember something. Now carefully wedging herself between the mare and the tree she'd passed out against, she motioned with her tail for Sunny to take the other side. "But first, we need to try and roll her over as carefully as possible so that we can reach the other cuts. Can you help Mommy do that?"

I<?>I Shadow of the Day I<?>I

Gonna edit it into here tomorrow. :B <3

.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WalkerNom » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 pm

{{. Gos, I will edit this post with my reply later.
WalkerNom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beewings » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:32 pm

|*/\*|Dolce|*/\*|

I waited a moment before getting up to follow Livius over to Zephyr. I walked over to them and noticed that Livius was looking around. I gave a glance around and everything seemed normal but I wasn't completely sure so I sniffed the air to check for preditors but nothing seemed out of place. I paused for a moment but then shook myself, it was fine and nothing seemed abnormal to me, I shouldn't be worried I thought.

|*/\*|Zephyr|*/\*|

I smiled at Livius's remark and started towards him at a canter, I pushed the thought of the sound in the bush scaring me away, "Good morning Livius!" I said as I neared him.
I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
I share computer w/Dioscuri.
Beewings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliej1995 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:35 am

Lemur-Flight wrote:Iagan

The foal opened his mouth and fresh air cascaded into his young lungs. His eyelids parted and his green eyes were overwhelmed by blurs and colors new to the being. Shortly, the world began making sense. A dull light, a giant bunch of green overhead, softer green below. He felt a tongue rasping at his body. He began making little movements, but his body was not quite ready...

|*/\*|Famous|*/\*|

Famous smiled as her new born foal began to stur. Once he was cleaned she stood up and began grazing waiting till he was ready to try and stand.

((sorry i have no muse right now and im in a rush))
herd art by pedunkle^^ImageImageImage Are you a Sonographer?!
elliej1995

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyCrowsong » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 am

Iagan

The newborn felt fresh air rubbing against his cleaned fur. He looked over and could see his mother not too far away. His green eyes had never actually looked at the mare and yet, he knew that was his caretaker and the equid who had already loved him for all of his being.

He began trying to pull himself up. One hoof firmly on the ground, then another. Push, push, push! But, then he slid down, his legs splayed in the long grass.

He let out a little sound. But it was not a sound of help, it was an unintelligent sound letting his mother know he was going to make it over to her side.

Iagan did not understand the concept of gathering energy, and so he simply kept pushing and pulling himself above the ground. Finally, all of his hooves were placed correctly and he managed to stand. But it was not over yet. His long tail lashed for balance and he whinnied happily as he awkwardly ran over to his mother. Once at her side he gave a small rear of triumph, but then lost his balance and slid to the ground. He looked up at Famous and awaited her response to him.

((I do believe Gos mentioned not too long ago, Aislinn is open for anyone who wants to come hang out with her at the fence, heh heh.))

Pet's name: Moon Soul Plushie Princess
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Used to be Lemur-Flight
LadyCrowsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliej1995 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:38 am

|*/\*|Famous|*/\*|

Famous chuckled as her new son began to stand and tumbled with each attempt. She nuzzled him when he ran up to her and slid down when he tried to rear. She laughed again. Famous nuzzled him again with a big smile on her face "I still need to name you dont I?" She helped him stand and pointed him in the right direction so he could nurse. "Hmmm... What about Igaan? Its nice and unique"
herd art by pedunkle^^ImageImageImage Are you a Sonographer?!
elliej1995

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

LostGosling wrote:
({Nellas@ Lol, from what I got from Lemur, are we waiting to bring Kae in so Iagan and Sundara can go an an epic hunt for their father? Or is he coming in now? xD "fail" })

{{ Well, I could bring him in now so he can interact with other people, but I've waited to bring in any of my equids so far, because I'm not quite sure how... Kae is free, so he can do whatever until his children find him, but I haven't talked with Faint yet about Estel and Gallant and Bandit's unconscious at the moment, so. }}
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 pm

((Sorry for the delay in replying! Real life caught up to me. >.< ))

:: Livius ::

Livius didn't reply to Zephyr until he had finished his sensory sweep of the surroundings. The rustling in the bushes didn't continue further and he gave them a long, flat glare with his ears half-back. I'm watching you... he mentally threatened before turning his attention to the foal.
"Good morning, Zephyr. Let's see if we can convince Dolce to go on an adventure today, eh?" His violet eyes shifted to the beautifully-stripped mare with a glint of laughter dancing in their depths. "Maybe she wants to come along as well?"

:: Tisane ::

Ah yeah...there are caves...but those are probably dank and cold at this altitude... the dark bay mare mused as she slowly raised her head again to meet his fiery gaze.
"That would be a good idea, I think, if it were warmer up here. I figure that they would have wet floors and I never sleep well on cold stone. Do you know of any hollows? With trees or bushes or something...? Anything out of the wind...?"
She was getting awfully close to taking him up on his half-hearted suggestion of a cave at this point. Letting her head droop down again, she felt her body shift back and forth without much control - an obvious sway due to need for sleep. It felt wonderful to relax, but she stubbornly reminded herself that it wasn't safe and her shaky muscles brought her back up once more.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Laxius
With... this mare.
Mood: Curious, concerned. Who is this new mare? She looks very tired... and disheveled. Maybe she needs help in some way?
He is crushing on no-one

I sigh, so grateful that the mare downturned my offer. I think about what she said, racking my brains for safe, closeby places where she can rest. I think of the territory I saw before, when I was higher up on the mountains.
"I saw a thick little cove of trees before, and it looks pretty safe and warm. It shouldn't be very far from here, only over the next ridge." I say, hoping that the mare takes my offer. But suddenly I realise something - that mare is exhausted. 'Over the next ridge' may not be very far, but when you're that tired... "If you can make it that far." I add, quickly, not wanting to sound uncompassionate, but instantly regretting what I had just said. Great. Now I'm sounding like I consider her a burden, doubting her abilities, thinking that she's weak and a chore for me to look after her. So I put on a concerned expression, hoping that any wrong impressions are reversed by my empathetic appearance.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:30 am

:: Tisane ::

A truly tired and grateful half-smile graced Tisane's lips as she looked up at Laxius. Sweet thing...trying so hard to be helpful... If she were younger, she would have wept a bit in relief. Time had strengthened her will and she knew that one or two tears were perfectly acceptable once she was curled up with her tail over her face.
"If you will lead the way, Laxius, I will follow. I bet I can make it over the next ridge," she murmured, her voice soft and low. She was certain that she could even outrun at least one last predator as long as safety was the ending to the confrontation. Lifting her hooves, she moved up beside the reddish stallion and gave her head a little flip - a silent urge for him to show her the way. Her shoulder accidentally bumped against his ribs and she took an ungainly stumble-step away, grimacing. "Sorry. Didn't mean to bump you."

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me