Descendants of the Light- Fantasy RP with Ravenshadow17

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Descendants of the Light- Fantasy RP with Ravenshadow17

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Descendants of the Light
This is a 1-on-1 RP between myself (PhoenixaSpark) and Ravenshadow17. We are writing this role play in more of a novel-based format, and would love to hear any feedback via PMs on the story as it progresses. This being said, we hope you enjoy the story!

{LORE}

The world of
Doshos

A vibrant land, full to the brim with colorful flora and fauna. From smoldering deserts, to towering mountains and dense forests, the peoples of Doshos have achieved a stable yet uneasy peace. Rumors have arisen of ancient artifacts buried in the hidden corners of the world, and many begin to wonder if these idle words, passed from ear to ear in taverns and inns, actually hold truth. Entities both malevolent and divine have already begun to gather, intending to claim these items as their own. Will these items be able to solidify the peace for good, or will they be the very thing that tears the world apart?

Races

Elves- Nature-connected humanoid beings. Technologically advanced through the use of their magic, industrially dominant. Known for their exquisite weaponry and expert enchantments. Very social among themselves, but often disdainful towards other races, particularly the Leovlane. Quite formal in their diplomatic interactions, when they interact at all (as they have kept themselves isolated in the inner plains of Ewen ever since the Great Peace began. The government consists of a Parliament of elected officials from each Elven city, and headed by the current ruler of the Royal Family. Most Elves believe in Maia, the Creator of Forests and Light.

Cril- Mage-demons from the eastern shores of Doshos. Their society is centered around magic, as every Cril possesses some afinity for the magical arts. Cril magic is unable to manifest itself apart from its being of origin, and thus much of Cril society is driven by the individual use of magic. The Cril are fond of celebrations, and are known to hold a multitude of festivals throughout the year. Cril government consists of two parts: a ten-member elected council and a singular leader, who is chosen by the Spark, a crystal believed to hold the spirits of all Cril who have passed on.

Lykos- Werewolves with the ability to shift their form at any time. The Lykos are a territorial race, and will aggressively defent their claims. While some packs are content to keep to their own lands, others take up an oath of conquest, and have set out to establish dominance over the other races of Doshos. The Lykos have no central government, and instead function on group-based pack hierarchy. Some say that the packs used to be governed by a Supreme Alpha, but it is unknown how this ceased to be.

Rykeoc- Ice trolls of the northern mountains. Prefer colder environments due to their thick fur. Known for their extensive mining industry and their export of cold-water seafood. Ruled by council members elected from each town, who then convene to elect a someone to lead.

Leovlane- Cat-humanoid hybrids of varying appearances. Their name is often abbreviated as Loev in casual conversation. Known for their skills in alchemy and potion making. Tend to be wary of the Elves, but show favor towards passing Cril. Ruled by a single royal family accompanied by an adviser elected by the people.

Regions

Nostor- Tundra-mountains, near the northern sea. Home of the Rykeoc villages and meeting hall
Other Cities: Qrosa, Strurg

Speiles- Coastal, temperate-tropical, home of the crystal fields and Brilla, home of the Cril

Chiurus- Large Island separate from the general landmass, wild country, with no overarching governments. Origin of the Lykos. No known cities or settlements.

Paspon- arid forests to desert, no distinct capital, but home to prominent cities such as Priport and Trine. Noted for its central, dormant volcano, Apix
Other Cities: Deathfall, Roselake

Ewen- Temperate forests and
plains, plentiful in flowers and fruits. Home of the elven capital Lixore. Outer forests are highly dense, with only a few passable roads
Other Cities: Apessa, Zhinas

Osner-Heavily Forested, temperate-tropical, Leovlane are natives
Other Cities: Klovale (capital), Grento

Ioskil- Southern ice plains. Near-inhospitable, with the exception of northernmost areas. Largely unexplored
Outpost: Fool’s March

{This page will be updated as the RP progresses. Come back later as more info is added!}

{This RP is for myself and @Ravenshadow17 only. I will not reply to any requests to join, and will not be inviting anyone else to this RP. Please respect this decision.}
Last edited by PhoenixaSpark on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fantasy RP- PhoenixaSpark and Ravenshadow17

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:25 pm

{Story Log}

This section contains information about NPC characters, specific locations, flora, and fauna encountered by the characters during the adventure. It will be updated as the adventure progresses.

Characters

Urien- The Lord-Mayor of Roselake. An eccentric Cril, their adventuring days are far behind them, although they still enjoy collecting various artifacts and oddities from around the world.

Locations

Roselake- Where our adventure begins. Known for its colorful assortment of flowers that make up half of its name, and the mysterious, alluring lake that makes up the latter half. The island in the middle is rumored to be hiding something...

Items

Spellstones- Enchanted stones that can contain a variety of abilities and effects. They can appear in a variety of shapes and sizes, although most are small enough to fit into one's hand. Fairly common, although more powerful ones are harder to come by, and are often more dangerous. Weaker stones lose their effects after several uses.

Fauna

Ble- a fish native to the eastern shores of Doshos, particularly near Spieles. It tastes bitter when cooked by normal means, but (for some reason) cooking it using magic gives it a unique sweet flavor.

Gryrq- a deer-like creature with long fangs and a spiked tail. Omnivorous. Common throughout most of Doshos, but most commonly found in Ewen.

Wolfane- Large elemental wolves with unnatural intelligence, found in the mountains of Nostor.

Flora

Roses- They're roses. What did you expect, magic roses? That's ridiculous.

Other

Arcanum- A type of shop that specializes in magic-based items, including potions, spellbooks, and other enchanted curiosities. The owners of these shops are also able to aid in the evaluation of texts and items with unknown magical properties, to a certain extent.

Smithy- A type of shop that sells swords, shields, and bows. The owners can repair damaged items, for a price.
Last edited by PhoenixaSpark on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Self-Taught Artist and Amateur Writer

My DA http://pifiartist.deviantart.com/

Check out my ongoing role play with Ravenshadow17! http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3327583
PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Character Sheet: Alavara

Name: Alavara Elcaryn
Nickname: Alva
Race: Elf (exiled)
Height: 6 ft 1 inch
Pronouns: Her/Hers/She
Personality: Loyal, Intellectual, Spirited, Dark, Observant, Quiet, Stubborn, Proud, Clever

Quiet
Reading
Her creature(s)

Dislikes
Strangers
Talking about herself
Other Elves

Backstory:
Alavara refused to conform to the standards of elven life and was exiled for it. She now travels the world working as a freelance beat tamer and either steals or makes what she needs to survive.

Class: Beast Tamer/ Rogue

Weapons:
Her bracers have 3 retractable daggers each
She carries a knife in each boot
She has 6 throwing knives on her belt
She is excellent at hand to hand combat

Abilities
-Can speak to wild creatures
-Can tame and summon creatures
-can control water - includes ice

Other:
-She can speak 3 languages and picks up others easily
-Her bonded creatures turn into tattoos on her body when they are dormant.

Her Companions:

Main:
Species: Wolfane- Large elemental wolves with unnatural intelligence found in the mountains of Nostor
Name: Onyx
Personality: Loyal, Protective, Wary of strangers, Reckless, Playful
Abilities:
Has the elemental affinity/powers over lighting.
How she met him/tamed him: Soon after Alavara was exiled she stumbled upon the remains of a forest fire. Upon exploring the area for any resources that were still available she heard a whimper come from a nearby cave. Curious, she looked inside to discover a wolfane pup. He was injured and snapped at her as she approached. However he was desperately weak and she was easily able to grab him. After a few weeks of some tender love and care she earned his trust and named him Onyx. She raised him and he is her closest friend and ally. He is fiercely protective of her (even if she doesn't need it) and will often risk himself for her. He also drives away any potential suitors much to Alavara's amusement. He also does his best to cheer her up when she is feeling down.
Reference:

Reference image(s)

Alavara

Inventory
Her weapons which are all named after sins/ other dark themes
Her 6 throwing knives are called war, wraith, death, pride, greed, lust
Her two blades in her boots are called conquest and famine
The 3 blades in her left bracer are called gluttony, envy, and apocalypse
The 3 blades on her right bracer are called chaos, destruction, and oblivion

Yes I named my weapons after terrible things, yes I'm a aware that I'm an elf and I am supposed to be a peaceful nature freak. No I will not apologize.

A book on creatures of the realm I'm a beast tamer. Enough said.

A book of poems and stories from the different races, all in their native language
Yes I like poems. Now shut it.
Last edited by Ravenshadow17 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you ever need to talk in these crazy times, don’t hesitate to PM me.
I am 18+ just FYI (and if you ever need advice)
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse
Check out my ongoing fantasy RP with PhoenixaSpark

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Brim

Name: Brim
Nickname: N/A
Race: Cril
Height: 4' 11"
Pronouns: They/She
Personality: Mischievous, impatient, easily annoyed but slow to anger. Loyal to those she calls friends.
Likes: Rocks (the shinier, the better), magic-roasted Ble (a fish native to Speiles), fruity beverages, stories
Dislikes: the Lykos, complete darkness, shoes, cold weather
Backstory: Raised in the Cril capital of Brilla, Brim never saw anything outside of Speiles until she came of age. Hoping for adventure, she set out to make a story for herself (and hopefully find some sweet loot while she's at it).
Class: Mage, short-range/melee combat
Weapons: their magic
Abilities: above-average strength and endurance, temporary enhancement of jumping ability and running speed via magic, local detection of magical entities
Other: Her scarf is a relic from her childhood, gifted to her by an Elven adventurer. Enchanted with Elven magic, it never tears nor fades.

Inventory:
Orange Scarf x1 /Just because it never tears doesn't mean you don't have to clean it/
Crystal Pendant x1 /Their best rock/
Shredded piece of paper x7 /This may have been a map once.../
Last edited by PhoenixaSpark on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my ongoing role play with Ravenshadow17! http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3327583
PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:23 pm

It was nearly mid-morning, and the tavern was bustling with activity as travelers and townsfolk alike filed in for lunch. From their seat against the wall, Brim was able to see the majority of the entering patrons. The crowd consisted mostly of Leovlanes and Cril, although she could spot a few odd elves amongst the crowd. They even spotted a lone Rykeoc, fur haphazardly trimmed to account for the warmer weather. Brim chuckled to themself, and turned to greet the bartender who was approaching with their drink.

“You the one who ordered the Rosepop?” the bartender asked.

“Yeah,” they replied as they procured three coins from their bag and slid them into the barkeep’s hand. “This should cover it, right?”

“Of course,” he replied, placing the coins into his apron pocket. “Anythin’ else I can getcha?”

“Nah,” they chortled back. “But come back in ten minutes and I might be hungry for some of that smoked gryrq you’ve got.”

“Duly noted.” He called back as he walked away.

Taking a sip from their drink, they turned their attention back to the door, where an official-looking Leov walked in. He had a sincere look on his face, and held a rolled up parchment in one hand. Brim watched him closely as he approached the center of the room.
Last edited by PhoenixaSpark on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Alavara entered town sighing. Onyx trotted beside her and gave her an amused look.
“Oh shut it. I’m tired after walking an entire day so what. I’m not a wolfane.” She gruffed at him playfully. He whined and head butted her head. She responded by giving his ears a quick scratch which he leaned into happily. The pair made their way towards the town tavern. Alavara was aware of the stares she received. Elves were a rare sight. Most never left the elven towns. And of the few that did, most stuck to the traditional elven practices of mage related occupations. So seeing an elf walking through Roselake with an obviously wild born wolfane was rare indeed. Even so, Alavara had grown used to such reactions and ignored it. She fell into step with a crowd as she entered the tavern. The bartender raised an eyebrow as she approached with Onyx beside her.

“You know pets aren’t allowed in bars, right?” He asked. Alavara merely glared at him and sat down. Onyx growled and looked at the man pointedly. He chuckled.

“Not a pet. Got it. Even so he can’t be in..uh. Nevermind.” He began to protes once more but quickly cut off his response when Alavara’s glare turned borderline deadly.

“So what can I get you two?” He asked warily, his ears twitched nervously.

“Something strong with a bold finish. On ice. And a bowl of  something sweet  for my friend here.” She stated. The bartender nodded and quickly fulfilled her order. The two companions sat back and crowd watched.
Last edited by Ravenshadow17 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:13 pm

The Leov, looking not the slightest bit affected by the bustle of the tavern around him, took his place and cleared his throat with an obnoxiously loud mrow. The noise died down quickly, and it was obvious from the attention given by the local folk that this Leov was one to be listened to here in town. Brim shifted in their seat in anticipation, curious to see what this interesting character. Taking a deep breath, he unrolled his parchment and began to read from it in a haughty yet disdainful matter:

“An announcement to all swords-for-hire, adventure-seekers, and bounty hunters from the lord-mayor Urien! Their lordship seeks to hire two hands to serve them in a perilous undertaking, with a handsome reward for its completion! He requests the presence of all who are willing to serve their lordship in this quest at the Roselake Manor in two hours’ time, to be evaluated by their lordship, so that he may select whoever their lordship deems worthy to hire!”

The Leov let out a huff of contempt and, rolling up the parchment, strutted out the door. The patrons of the tavern began to mumble, contemplating the offer that had just been presented. The Rykeoc, a group or two of Leovs in the corner, a pair of Cril sitting at the bar, and a lone elf sitting in the corner with her wolfane all seemed particularly partial to the proposition.

Brim thought smugly to themself: Perilous? Quest? Now that sounds like an adventure!

Taking another swig from her drink, she glanced to the side and saw the bartender approaching her once more.

“So, how ‘bout that smoked gryrq?” He asked casually.

“Make it a double order. To-go.” They replied affirmatively. “I’ve got somewhere to be.”

PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:56 am

Alavara sat stirring her drink contemplatively. A quest would be a nice change in pace but she had never enjoyed working with strangers. Onyx huffed at her with an eager look in his eye. "You want to go, huh?" He barked in response. Alavara sighed and eyed the tavern. Many seemed interested in the offer. Given that they are analyzing who will go based on their merit, I'll at least end up with someone who most likely knows what they are doing. Hopefully this lord isn't a Leov too. Stupid racial wars She tipped her drink back and began to walk out the door. Plus this reward could be useful. I need an upgrade. She glanced at her knives. They were still sharp yes, but had obviously seen much more use than was intended. Making her way through town she came across the lord-mayor's mansion. She grimaced to herself.

"I hate nobles. Let's hope this one is tolerable." She grumbled. Onyx gave a wolfy chuckle in response. She observed the manor. It was built with an almost translucent white material that shimmered in the sun. The large gates in front made of iron were clasped together with a sculpture of the head of some dragon-kind she didn't recognize. The guard at the gate noticed her approach. He was a tall Rykeoc with a scar that crossed most of his face.

"Halt. State your name and business." He demanded with no emotion.
"I am Alavara Elcaryn. I am here about the offer given about a quest." She stated. He looked her over and seemingly satisfied with whatever he was looking for, nodded and opened the gate.
A butler appeared, who was a Leov, frowned when he saw her but gestured to her to follow him. He led her to a spacious room. "Wait here for the other candidates to arrive." He stated.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 am

Brim had just finished stuffing the last of the smoked gryrq into their mouth when they finally approached the gates of the manor. The shimmering walls of the main structure brought back memories of the crystal pools near Brilla, where they spent many of their younger years coming up with and acting out adventures with their friends. Perhaps this Urien fellow was a Cril?

As they drew near the gate, the looming figure of a Rykeoc guard stepped from the shadows of the ivy-covered wall.

“Hi!” Brim exclaimed excitedly, still chewing the last bits of her midday meal.

“State your business,” the guard said flatly
“I’m ‘ere for-” she began, before taking a moment to swallow the rest of her food. “I’m here for the quest thing that messenger guy came to the tavern about!” The guard gave her a disdainful look, and didn’t seem to be excited to let yet another rambunctious adventurer into the manor.

“Very well,” he sighed. “It’s straight through, to the main door. The butler inside will show you to a waiting area once you enter.”

“Thanks!” they replied, slipping through the gate.

Entering the house, they were greeted by the butler that the gate guard had mentioned. Giving them a look similar to the guard’s, he led her to a large chamber off to the side of the main foyer. There were already a few assorted candidates milling around the room. A group of five Leov were gathered in the center of the room, talking loudly, and a trio of Cril talked in hushed voices near the entrance to what appeared to be a study, if the artfully engraved wood was anything to go by. Taking a position on the opposite side of the room from the other Cril, giving her a view of the occupants of the room. Glancing towards the back of the room, Brim was surprised to see yet another figure: the lone elf they had noticed in the tavern. She seemed to be in a deep conversation with her wolfane.

Must be a beast tamer of some sort, they thought to themself.

PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 am

Alavara looked up as another Leov, this one a large lion, came up to her. "This way." They stated curtly. Alavara nodded and followed. She took one last glance at the inhabitants to gauge her competition. The few Cril had a good chance. Their magic was known for its practicality. She was soon led out of the room and through a corridor lined with portraits of the past mayors. Many had gruff or serious expressions yet the final picture, of the current Lord Mayor showed a madly grinning Cril. Oh boy. The Leov led opened a pair of large oak doors into the Lord Mayor's office. Shutting the door behind them they cleared their throat. “ Alavara Elcaryn, Elf.” He stated emotionlessly. His gruff voice coming out as an almost growl. Alavara stood up a little straighter as the chair sitting at the desk slowly turned around, to reveal a  cream Cril with white horns and plates. He had no expression on his face yet his eyebrow slowly raised. “I had my eye on you since you entered the manor grounds. An elf is a rare sight, a beast tamer, even more so. I have already chosen you to be one of the adventurers.” He stated smiling slightly. “You would do quiete nicely for this task. However, I must confirm you are capable. Can you handle this line of work?” He asked.

Alavara’s eyes narrowed. “I have been on my own with no one but Onyx for many years.I assure my skills are exemplary  for the task.”  She stated.

Urien shook his head. “No that is not what I mean. I do not the skills of a rogue elf. However, I doubt your temperament. Can you work with a stranger that I choose? Will you work with them and not run off on your own if you don’t like them?” He questioned.

Alavara sighed. “I’m well aware of the image my kind has put forth. I’d appreciate if you were to judge me individually. I am not like other Elves.” She strained the name in distaste. “I will complete this task, regardless of who or what my companion is.” She stated annoyed.

Urien started to slowly grin, until his smile looked like it would split his face. “Very well! I leave it to you! Wait in the guest hall until I find you a companion.” He stated cheerfully and shook her hand.
Alavara gave a slight smile and left behind the indicated butler.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me