Welcome To Myrefall - Open

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Welcome To Myrefall - Open

Postby SupremeNerd42 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:07 pm

Welcome To Myrefall!

The town of Myrefall is a quaint little place, a happy place far from the hubbub of City Life, where its many residents live happily! Though Myrefall is quite far from most Cities, it doesn't need to be nearby because everyone in the community is happy with the peace that they get. Sure, while they don't normally get many new visitors that often, they do occasionally find new people moving in from far away places to get some peace and quiet.
The town, though pretty small, contains many places! Enough for the residents to live with everything they need. The housing district is to one side, and the plaza is in the centre of the town with the Mayor's Office just next to it. The shopping district is a short walk away, and all sorts of stores can be found there! The locals are friendly, and if you can get along with people then you'll have a good time living there.

Very recently, a new group of people have found themselves at Myrefall. Whether they're moving away from their old City, or finding themselves a new opportunity, they have all ended up in the quaint town and are now learning how to fit in with everyone else.
Is Myrefall everything they wanted it to be? Is there more to this place than meets the eye? The new arrivals will just have to find out.

Last edited by SupremeNerd42 on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SupremeNerd42

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Welcome To Myrefall - Rules and Form

Postby SupremeNerd42 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:17 pm

You don't need to use any specific form, however, I have a base one here for those who would like it! At least try to include all of the listed information here in whatever sort of form that you use, just so we can be sure that all information is there, thank you ^.^

The image used can either be a face claim (with credit) or some art, no anime pictures please. If you choose to use art, either make it your own drawing or show that you've been granted permission to use it! No art thieves allowed.
Code: Select all
[img] [/img]
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nicknames:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (photo or description or both)

[b]Personality:[/b] (What they're like)

[b]Brief Bio:[/b] (Just some backstory stuff)

[b]Role:[/b] Resident (please include job/schooling if they have it)
[b]Family:[/b] (Any notable family members)
[b]Crush/Relationship:[/b] (Do they like someone or are they in an actual relationship?)
[b]Other Info:[/b]

------------------------------------------

Rules:
1: Follow all of Tess’ rules
2: No god modding or Mary Sues
3: Please don’t fight outside the roleplay
4: Post all forms in the Discussion Thread!
5: No one- or two-line posts! It’s no fun to get no effort in responses
6: No relationships between your own characters, please
7: The maximum character limit is 5, you will not be allowed any more than that.
8: All types of characters are welcome! However, please do not make there be too many similar characters.
9: The minimum age for any character is 16, no maximum age.
10: You will have to wait for me to accept your character before you can begin roleplaying! Just be patient, I’m online pretty often.
11: Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
12: Please let me know if you have any questions! Either in the discussion thread or by PMing me.
13: Please keep OOC to the discussion thread only, thank you!
14: During the roleplay, please attempt to interact with other characters.

I'll know if you haven't read them <3
Last edited by SupremeNerd42 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SupremeNerd42

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Welcome To Myrefall - Characters

Postby SupremeNerd42 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:30 pm

Characters!
THERE ARE NO MORE NEW ARRIVAL SPACES, YOUR CHARACTER CAN ONLY BE A RESIDENT!

You can either PM me or just post in the Discussion Thread if you wish to be some characters, especially when it comes to those with specific jobs. However, I would prefer if you PM me first when it comes to the important jobs! There is a limit of one (1) New Arrival per person, because those spaces are limited, and I don't want one person being them all.

Remember, there is a limit of 5 characters per person max. They can be in any roles <3

New Arrivals: (Full)
- Tom Smith (TheRegularTerrarian)
- Aurora Thatcher (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Kendall Howard (Consulting_Angel)
- Ayla West (komkommer.)
- Samuel Heath (avokado.)

Residents: (Unlimited)
- Richard Scarlett (SupremeNerd42)
- Lucas Van Leeuwen (SupremeNerd42)
- Daniel Monahan (SupremeNerd42)
- Alzedore Albus (TheRegularTerrarian)
- Salt Baker Cohen (TheRegularTerrarian)
- Damien Cohen (Consulting_Angel)
- Ezra Callahan (Consulting_Angel)
- Cassandra Adair (Consulting_Angel)
- Skylar Moore (SaphiraBrightscales)
- Ryann McFarland (_Human_)
- Wren McFarland (_Human_)
- Enzo Macomb (Spiritstar3)
- Faith Braxton (poppyxoxo)
- Kayler YoungBlood (~RainingFire~)
- Raven Boen (LunarTheCat2047)
-
-
-
-
-
Last edited by SupremeNerd42 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.
SupremeNerd42

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Welcome To Myrefall - Locations

Postby SupremeNerd42 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:02 pm

Myrefall Town

The town as a whole! It's surprisingly large, and very pretty. There is a river flowing through one part of it, with bridges over it.
Whenever you have a specific location that you wish to add, just PM me and we can discuss the details <3

Woodburn River
A small river, it flows across the town and has several bridges over it to allow people to walk across. Though the water can be used for fishing, it's a bit too dangerous for swimming. People are advised against going in the water.

Parberry Forest
A forest that's located on the outskirts of Myrefall! Most people tend to avoid it, probably because getting lost can be dangerous. Wild animals live in the forest as well, and they can be pretty territorial. It is better to only trek through with a group and enough preparation.

Willow Creek Farm
A family-owned farm passed down through generations that sits on the outskirts of the town. There is a variety of produce grown along with milk and eggs. A covered stall sits at the front of the property where a farmers' market is run every other weekend from May to October. During fall, the residents of Myrefall can come with advanced notice to pick apples and pumpkins. Skylar lives here.

-------------------
Housing District
Most of the houses are kept to one side of the town, to keep everything neat and to help promote a sense of community. They tend to be mostly uniform in design, though outer walls are painted to the preference of the house owner and the front gardens are always unique!

The Plaza
The centrepiece of the town! A moderately sized space with paving stones and enough area to walk, as well as a fountain in the middle. Gatherings and things happen here, as well as various events. There are a lot of yearly events in Myrefall.

Mayor's Office
Located right next to the Plaza, you'll find where the mayor spends most of their time working. Making sure that the town is running smoothly and thinking of new ways to improve the lives of everyone!

Shopping District
So named because of all of the stores and things that can be found here. It's not a very far walk from the rest of the town, or you can also drive there if you so wish. Who knows.

> Café
There are many local cafés around. They are generally pretty cosy and chill, with varying different menus for a wide variety of drinks to be available.
> Restaurant
The local restaurants! You can get various types of food from them. Just, be nice to the servers, please.
> Myrefall Library
The beautiful library! There are so many different types of books on the shelves, from all sorts of different places! Though most are in English, there is still a healthy selection of non-English books to pick from.
> Music Store
A cool place that sells all sorts of music-related items. CDs, music players, whatever you may want. They stock quite a lot of rare and obscure items.
> Baked By Cohen
A family-owned bakery run by Salt and Damien. They bake and serve a large variety of bakes, including muffins, bread, croissants, biscuits/cookies, and more - all fresh. They also do the occasional custom order, including Salt's special, off-menu Wondertart and Damien's elaborately decorated cakes, both of which have become quite famous in the town.
> The Sunflower
A restaurant in Myrefall, serving mostly plant-based foods. The menu has quite a lot of regular restaurant things on it, and the staff are friendly and happy. This is also where Lucas works.
> The Rising Moon Pub
A historical building that's been standing since Myrefall was founded. Passed down through generations of families, it welcomed townspeople and travellers alike to let them eat, drink and rest, with space on the upper floor for the owners to live comfortably. However, it was closed down about fifteen years ago and left apparently abandoned. The townspeople think that it is haunted and won't go near.
> Brown's Cafe
Known for their best coffee, it's friendly and welcoming. It's a family-owned business that is currently owned by Booker.

Hospital
The place where you can go to get yourself healed! Or something. The doctors and nurses who work here are generally very kind and friendly and will be willing to help with anything! This is where Ryann works.

Police Station
Where safety happens. Sort of. The people who work here mainly do so because they are fine with sorting out petty crimes. Because not many big things happen out at Myrefall, they don't often get that much work to do, with being security at events being some of the most significant work they can do. This is where Wren and Danny work.

Hair Salon
Not super fancy, it fits in with the rest of the town's chill vibes. You can visit to get your hairstyle changed, or to dye it a new colour! It's very cool. This is where Kayler works.

(More will be added over time! Including specific named stores, when mentioned)
Last edited by SupremeNerd42 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
SupremeNerd42

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome To Myrefall - Open

Postby SupremeNerd42 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:50 am

Extra Info
Whenever anything important needs to be stated, it will be added here! It can include in-roleplay things, or outside things, or anything we can think of ^^

The in-roleplay time is approximately 9am, the weather is Sunny with minor cloud cover, and the day is Wednesday. It is the 13th of August.
SupremeNerd42

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupremeNerd42 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:19 am

Lucas Van Leeuwen | 29 | Trans Male | Restaurant Chef | Tags: Open
Another new day in Myrefall, the sun was shining and many residents were out and about. Like any typical day for Lucas, the moment he woke up he wasted no time getting ready and dressed and out of the house. He arrived at the Restaurant he worked at, The Sunflower, at the same time he always got there, shortly before opening, and then he worked with the others to get it ready for when opening time came. Cooking always helped him to pass the day by without issue, without overthinking things and worrying, he actually enjoyed this job quite a lot. Plus, customer chatter was always nice as a background sound. The time passes, he continues to cook. Because the morning was slow, Lucas decided to take an order out to a customer, he hums quietly as he moves past the tables, heading towards the target table while also being very careful about not tripping or spilling anything.

Richard Scarlett | 37 | Male | Criminal | Tags: Open
Even though most people slept at night, Richard was not one of those people. That was always the time he was safest, yet he spent most of it at home making plans. It was no surprise, then, that he was tired as morning came. However! His plans were always way more important. As 9am arrives, he leaves his treehouse, having memorised all of the steps to his plan. It should be simple, really, as long as nobody was doing their morning routine he should be fine. Sneaking through alleyways, before getting bored of being sneaky, he goes out to the main street and continues his running. Towards the stores, grinning brightly as he waves to the people he passes by. There weren't any opportunities for him to properly greet anyone, not while his running and plans were more important.

Daniel Monahan | 34 | Trans Male | Police Officer | Tags: Open
It was the Sun that woke him up first, it always was. Too bright, too... Sunny. Sleeping in was always nice, even though he had a job and he had responsibilities and everything else. Breakfast, though, that always cheered him up, the best thing about living with his parents was that they somehow always knew when to make breakfast, and after eating and getting dressed he was out for the day. Despite having the choice of driving, Danny always preferred walking everywhere. No reason in particular, he just liked walking, maybe because that let him see the other residents and greet them in his usual cheery way. His first goal was heading towards the Police Station, for he had left something there that he needed to pick up before doing any 'patrolling' (walking around and being nice to everyone) for the day.
SupremeNerd42

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:45 am

Ezra Callahan
22|Cismale|Resident
Tagged: Open
Ezra woke up. Apparently, he had fallen asleep last night while reading a book, since he was currently face-down in a book. He sat up slowly, to straighten and fix his posture - the page sticking slightly to his face as he did so - and groaned under his breath. How long had been asleep? How many hours of precious research time had he missed? He glanced at his phone for the time. 9am? That meant he'd been asleep for about seven hours... that was more sleep than he'd had in the past few days combined. Also, his phone battery was low, he noticed. He supposed he should head home at some point. Probably soon.
He ran a hand back through his hair, then retied it back into a stubby ponytail, and began to gather his things. That's when he glanced up and saw that someone was looking at him. Ezra scowled. "What are you looking at?"

Kendall Howard
30|Nonbinary|New Arrival
Today was Kendall's first official day in Myrefall. They had arrived last night and settled into the place that their company was renting for them, but they hadn't had a proper look around the town. From their window, it seemed very quaint and quiet. Not too much to note. But they very much looked towards to it. They got themselves dressed and ready for the day, making sure that they took a notebook and two pens, phone, and keys. Now... where to go first...
They wandered the streets of Myrefall for a little bit, before coming across a Cafe. It seemed like a good place to go into - perhaps they could sit down and begin taking some notes and try and work on either their article or their novel, since that was their purpose for being here, after all.
They entered the Cafe, and glanced around at what there was on offer, and then looking up at the menu board for the drinks, trying to decide what to order.

Cassandra Adair
27|Cisfemale|Resident
One day, the renovations to the pub she'd inherited would be finished. But today was not that day. Nor would it be tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or... well, so on. Cassandra had been here for five years, although the renovations had only begun about six months ago. There was... a lot to do, especially as she was doing most of it on her own.
Anyway, today, Cassandra was in the music store. She liked to see the new releases, as well as try and find out if there were any rare records that were in stock. She liked having a good variety of music, and rare pieces were, to her, exciting to look for. She quietly browsed, flipping through a box of records that had apparently just arrived that morning. So far, she was a little disappointed, but it wasn't a big deal - there were a couple of other boxes to look through, and she didn't always need to find something special.
As Cassandra finished looking through the box, she glanced up to start going through the second box, when she noticed someone waiting, a short distance away. "Oh. Were you waiting to look through this box? I just finished."

Damien Cohen
25|Cismale|Resident
Tagged: Open/Salt
Damien had been awake since five that morning, preparing for the opening of the bakery. Plus, he had a wedding cake to finish decorating, ready to be picked up later that day. It always made his heart hurt a little, whenever he made a wedding cake, but he loved seeing the happy faces of whoever picks the cake up, and the 'thank you' messages he'd get afterwards. Still. It hurt. But he shook it off, to focus on the task at hand.
With the cake finished, carefully packed into a box for safety, and set in a designated space in the back, Damien could focus on helping to finish the pastries and other bakes for the bakery front. Today, Damien had made salt and pepper bread rolls, blended white and wholemeal bread rolls, eclairs, blueberry muffins and chocolate muffins - just to name a few, along with what his brother, Salt, had baked as well.
Damien carefully slid the various trays - price labels clipped onto the front of the trays - into the large display cases, so that customers could see what was available. And then, he noticed it was 9am. Time to open. Damien turned the sign in the door to read 'Open!' and then he took his place behind the counter.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Human_ » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:17 pm

{ Ryann | Ry | 23 | Female | Resident | Bakery | Addy, Salt, Damien }

Ryann woke up a little before Adeline, getting her day started by getting her bag ready for work and the diaper bag ready for daycare. She quickly changed into her pink scrubs before preparing a bottle for Addy and gently waking her up. Once she was awake and fed she got her dressed in a little pink and white striped shirt before helping her into her overalls with a duck on the front pocket. She put her hair in two little pig tails and slipped on her daughters shoes before putting her own on and grabbed both bags before scooping up her daughter and heading to the bakery, “Good morning gentlemen. What’s todays choices?” She grinned at the guys as she walked in, her daughter excitedly waving to Damien and Salt. She carefully set Addy down before adjusting the bags on her back, straightening up to look at the pastry counter to make her choices for the day.

{ Wren | 27 | Male | Resident | Cafe | Open }

Wren settled down at the cafe, looking at the menu as if he’d order anything different from his usual. He always liked starting his days at the cafe, checking the time he had to be into work before going back to looking at the menu. Gently tapping the table with his thumb as he got lost in thought, today was his turn to pick up Addy from daycare, knowing his sister worked a 12 hour shift today and wouldn’t be home until late. His niece would spend the night with him, giving her mom some alone time until the next morning. He looked up as someone came to take his order, smiling at the familiar face he set the menu down, “I’ll just get my usual, coffee with a little bit of milk, and the breakfast platter. Thank you.” He leaned back and looked out the window, seeing the town slowly start to wake up as always, more people began moving around on the streets as time ticked by.
_Human_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xstrawberryx » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:40 pm

Serena Williams//21//Librarian//tags Ezra

Serena had woken up about 6am this morning, taking her morning shower fixing her hair and putting on light make up. To get ready for her job at the library. Serena had been reading books sense 3rd grade, loving to escape into the world of fiction, the only way she could escape from reality for a few moments. She grabbed her keys walking to the library that was about 10 minutes of a walk from her house, carrying her book satchel with her. Once Serena reached the library doors she unlocked it walking in and opening the doors for the public, Serena went to her usual spot behind her desk. That’s when she noticed a man sleeping with a book on his face, she laughed. Wondering how long he had been in that book before he passed out. She sat down in her chair bringing out books to start stamping them after people returned them on the dates they where due, or late returns and early returns. A few hours passes, she noticed the man with his face in a book waking up, she paused for a few seconds watching as he realized where he was and what time it was. She would continue her work on marking the books dates but continued to shoot short glances back at him. Then he spoke when he noticed she was staring at him, Serena blushed with embarrassment quickly taking her gaze back to her books. To shy to answer him, pretending she didn’t hear what he said. Serena stayed so much to herself half of the time she didn’t know or remembered who she was talking to or even knew them, she kept her nose half the time in her books, never bothering to socialize or get to know others.

Booker Brown//24//Barista//tags locals, Kendall

Booker had woken up as early as the sun, driving to his families cafe to get ready for customers once it was time for the cafe to open. He cleaned the coffee pots, stocking the cups, along with more coffee grind for the first brew. The machines for cappuccinos, and smoothies. Cleaning the counters once more from last nights close, putting out the sugar and fresh muffins in the bars windows along with some breakfast sandwiches and other drink options. Booker went into the cafes public bathrooms wiping it clean from dust particles and anything else that might of been there. Then opened the doors for the public at about 8 am, went behind the counter and waited for customers. His first few customers Booker smiled politely and asked them what they would like for their morning, served them and chatted with a few people who gave him their time. Some talked about drama and some just talked on how peaceful and beautiful life was, an elder. Booker smiled and laughed along with his customers and anyone who was around to interact with. Booker saw a few more people come in, then someone he hadn’t seen around town before, must be a new arrival, Booker took it upon himself to grab a handbook menu for the cafe and made his way over “Hello my name is Mr Brown and this is the browns cafe, a family own cafe with lots of wonderful options you can pick from, what can I get you? Would you like our special today?”
xstrawberryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:25 pm

Tom Smith | 25 | Male | New Resident | Music Store | Tags: Cassandra
Tom had only recently arrived at Myrefall, and although it was only yesterday he had arrived it felt like an eternity for him. On this new day, he had decided to go out and explore this new place, except he really didn't feel like finding the 'good' places by himself. Instead, he walked to the nearest store, a music store, as it were, and looked inside for any residents he could get advice from. Hopefully since he was a newcomer they would give him all the help he wanted. He found himself watching someone going through some record boxes. "Hello there! I'm new here, I was wondering if you could help me find the most popular places to visit in this town? No, no, I wasn't waiting to look in the boxes, I'm not really a collector."

Alzedore Albus | 102 | Male | Very Old Resident | Library | Tags: Ezra, Serena
Alzedore started his day like he started most days. By going to the library. He rarely ever took books out, preferring to read them in the calm stillness of the library. Once he had finished the book he had picked, he decided to talk a walk around, first to tell the librarian that he had returned the book, then to see if anyone else was in the building. "Hello there Serena. I have made sure to return the book I borrowed to the shelves nice and safely. Just letting you know, although I'm sure you're used to me telling you this at this point." After this, he walks around, and sees that someone had just woken up, as if they had fallen asleep while reading a book. "Ho there young man, do you happen to know where that book on the tales of the mysterious old abandoned pub is? I had a look on the shelves and couldn't find it, and I couldn't possibly interrupt Serena's work to ask her, so I do hope that you don't mind me asking."

Salt Baker Cohen | 27 | Male | Baker | Bakery |Tags: Damien, Ryann
With a jolly smile as usual, he started his day by setting everything up ready to open the bakery. Sure, it was 5am, but he had baking to do. As his brother decorated the wedding cake, he couldn't help but be concerned about what his brother was feeling. Sure, the thank yous and smiling faces were enough to warm even the coldest of hearts but past events would lay heavy on his brother, whom he cared deeply for. Still, he had a job to do, and comforting his brother would have to wait until the day was done. Today, Salt was in a very cake themed mood, especially since he had seen the finished wedding cake before it had been boxed up. He had baked chocolate cakes, sponge cakes, red velvet cakes, pavlovas, cheesecakes, and this was among all the things he helped Damien bake as well. They had a designated counter for cakes, and it was full of many cakes today, although he knew that it would be empty before closing, it always was. The support from customers and having to quickly bake more food on the fly was his favourite thing about being a baker, and the fact that he could do it with his brother made it all the more better. However, work had to be done and once 9am hit, he took his place behind the counter, waiting to see what the first order would be, and it wasn't long before their first customer arrived, whom he greeted with a jolly smile. "Ah hello there Ryann! Today, we have many many choices, and as you can see, today is a cake day! We have all the cakes you could ever ask for, but if you don't fancy a sweet treat, then don't worry, for we also have various rolls with many flavours, or if you do want to treat yourself to something smaller than a cake, perhaps a muffin or two will do!"
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me