Too Much 2nd-Gen?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Too Much 2nd-Gen?

Postby Toastberg » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Okay. I'm complaining about the outrageous amount of 2nd-gen in the Pound. Fifteen or so pages, as the Pound has now, of almost nothing but 2nd-gen. Few Novembers spread out over them. I know the Pound has to get rid of them, but really? This is a bit over the top. You can always seem to get 2nd-Gens easily off the site, four or five tries and you've got them all, except the rare green. Perhaps there should be a reminder to check in the Pound more often? See what you can get from there rather than getting more than you need from the site and giving the rest to the Pound?

I went through the Pound's pets (sorry! If you put your mind to it it's pretty easy to find) and yes, I saw the huge amount of 2nd-gens, but there are also plenty of others, so why make the adoptions about 90% 2nd gen? I saw the Pound open and instantly went 'Ooh! There would be some advents in here?' Nope.

Seriously, I might turn it into a game and see how many 2nd-gens I can collect. At least they'll be going somewhere then.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Too Much 2nd-Gen?

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 pm

I picked one up the other day.

Only to not be able to pick up an 18th day advent puppy that was in the pound 20 hours after the fact. :? So, I'm not picking up second gens anymore.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kathylilia » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:53 pm

i think now we must categorize the pound to many groups such as "Advent Splecials", "2nd Gen", "September Pets", etc
ImageImage Image

dusk is my bff who help me trade pets
kathylilia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:56 pm

kathylilia wrote:i think now we must categorize the pound to many groups such as "Advent Splecials", "2nd Gen", "September Pets", etc

It's not that the good ones are hard to find, it's just that nearly all of them are 2nd gens!
-Firestar- wrote:I picked one up the other day.

Only to not be able to pick up an 18th day advent puppy that was in the pound 20 hours after the fact. So, I'm not picking up second gens anymore.

Why bother if you have them all anyway?
Hey, look, it's three and a half hours later and only about two pages have cleared.
Toastberg wrote:I went through the Pound's pets (sorry! If you put your mind to it it's pretty easy to find) and yes, I saw the huge amount of 2nd-gens, but there are also plenty of others, so why make the adoptions about 90% 2nd gen? I saw the Pound open and instantly went 'Ooh! There would be some advents in here?' Nope.

And if the Pound's group 'adoption' is what's next, does'nt look like that's going to be much better.
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm

The group 'Adoptions' is the group you can see now on the pound front page.
So you can't see now, what's coming next.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:05 pm

Oh... thank goodness for that.
My work here is done.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 am

The pound is open and has like 9 pages of 2nd Gens, it had 10 before O.o
Maybe someone should host a contest where people adopt a 2nd Gen from the pound, dress it up and give it a name, gender, personality, likes/dislikes etc and the most interesting pets are given prizes or something. They could write up a few sentences about how their dog came to be in the pound or something, idk.

Edit:
I made this in the creativity forum. I adopted a 2nd Gen who came with a lovely name, so I dressed her up and wrote a few journal entries for her. I thought maybe others would like to participate and this could help alleviate the 2nd Gen problem. A contest would probably draw much more interest but I don't have time to hold one.
Last edited by Solloby on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolMiMi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:45 am

Nice suggestion, Solloby. >w<
It's kinda disappointing for me to go to the Pound and find it filled with Second Gen dogs...I don't get those anymore because I have all of them :S I understand some newer members may need them...but like Toastberg said, they're still adoptable, and anyway most of us are planning to give our extra second gens out (like me. xD)
Well, hopefully all those pets find homes xP
dead account.. :3 hello RL...
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:48 am

There are heaps of second gens in the pound, and we have to get rid of them. Also, the rare pets get adopted from the pound reallly quickly, so if you weren't there at the opening time of the pound, all you will see are second gens which are adopted very slowly. This will create the false impression that all we ever give out in the pound are second gens.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:08 am

thenickdude wrote:There are heaps of second gens in the pound, and we have to get rid of them.

We could delete a lot of them. X3

*hides*
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me