Automatic preset trading

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Automatic preset trading

Postby skyereon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:04 am

Man... just looked at two locked threads, so now I'm paranoid. XD Some mod is going to come along and think it's repetitious, or I'm going to have a collection of agreeing/disagreeing people arguing, and the stupid thing is going to get locked. *shifty eyes*
I really hope not.

Anyways.

So, I've had a little thread going in the Trades in order to help people finish collecting the pre-Julys, and it's actually been working extremely well.
The basic set up is this: I have 10 pre-July spares that I don't need. I swap someone their duplicate pre-July for my pre-July that they need, and now have their pre-July. The next person comes along, sees the pre-julys I have, possibly even the one the last person swapped me, and they swap, giving me one they don't need which I can swap with later users, etc.

So, my thought kinda stems from this.

What if you could put a pet in a digital trading center, and select a few possible options for what you would trade it for? Then, if someone had the pet or pets you specified you wanted, they could click a button and have them automatically be traded.
Example:
Person A has 2 July coontails, and they want to trade one for either a July PPS, a sundog with jewelry, or a set of tribals.
Person A puts the 2nd coontail in the trade center and specifies three things they will accept as trade for their pet; the PPS, the jewelry sundog, and the tribal set.
Person B comes along with a spare set of tribals and sees that the tribal set is an option, hits a button, and the pets are switched, regardless of whether or not Person A is online.

Alternatively...
Person A puts the coontail up in the trading center with the same three options.
Person C, a newbie, comes along with a couple newborns from this month and one from last month that Person A wouldn't accept in a million years, because they're too recent and common.
Person C doesn't even get the option of sending a trade request, plus they MIGHT even pick up a little knowledge of the comparable values of some of the pets.

.... Mmmm. Could possibly use revision. However, I think it would work.

Any ideas on how to improve it?
Hello! Was on hiatus for ages, but now back mostly. Feel free to send a trade request - I missed a lot of pets!

they/them
skyereon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Automatic preset trading

Postby Shian » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 am

It would be impossible to code. Pets are just their ID numbers and aren't connected to what type of pet they are. A god idea, just not way to do it unless you made a new system in which case only the newest ones would work and none of the past ones would work with the system.

The principal behind it is good though. I've been doing the same thing. Just put up pets I have extras of, someone takes it for a pet of same value because they need it and gives up a pup they too have extra of.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:30 am

Yes, this idea has been floating around for a while... :).

The problem with the system is that we have to provide a list of pets to pick from. This requires that every single variation is spelled out on the trading page as soon as those variations are available, which will probably ruin a lot of surprises for people.

@-firestar-: It would be impossible for such a thing to be produced outside of Chicken Smoothie, but the CS team could build it fine :).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyereon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:59 am

Hmmm....

What if in order to add something as an option, you must have seen it? Maybe a link in pets' pages like, "Add this variation to your wishlist"? People won't have seen new ones, so they wouldn't have been able to add those, while most things I've seen on peoples wishlists I'm assuming they've seen before, or could find.
It would also keep the list from getting too cluttered- you got X pet? Take it off the list. You got it, but still want more? Keep it on the list.

Just an idea.
Hello! Was on hiatus for ages, but now back mostly. Feel free to send a trade request - I missed a lot of pets!

they/them
skyereon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:07 am

thenickdude wrote:Yes, this idea has been floating around for a while... :).

The problem with the system is that we have to provide a list of pets to pick from. This requires that every single variation is spelled out on the trading page as soon as those variations are available, which will probably ruin a lot of surprises for people.

@-firestar-: It would be impossible for such a thing to be produced outside of Chicken Smoothie, but the CS team could build it fine :).

-Maybe each pet in the information (Where it says name, etc.) could also have a "Breed: Latte Da" You would have to take the link of the pet you want, then insert in in a box. The name would be automatically cut off and only the breed info would be avaliable. If someone walks by without the pet you want, it would automatically say "Error; You are not eligable to do this trade" Then they wouldnt be able to see the pets, just a blank page saying that.

-How do you know this stuff Nick! 3:

Otherwise; Great idea.

Oh, wait. Another idea x3
If you are only accepting certain pets for another pet, it would dissapear from your groups if someone opens up a trade. So you can still do other trades.
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyereon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:02 pm

That sounds something like I was trying to say Ice, only maybe you explained it better. :3

Something I just thought of- what about when Tess gives previews of a pet to the mods? I suppose they could just not be ostentatious about it, but some people might still see...
Then again, I also had some clue about the new butterfly wolf and the possibility of Julys beforehand by seeing them with mods, so maybe it wouldn't be giving away more than is already given away. X3

they/them
skyereon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:59 pm

Woops, sorry x3