Mods please remove thanks!

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Mods please remove thanks!

Postby Yogi&Boo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Sorry if this doesnt belong here , what is COPPA? i have seen and traded with plenty of users with this why do they have this? thanks
Last edited by Yogi&Boo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi&Boo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is COPPA?

Postby {lava » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm

The users with COPPA are unable to type/leave messages because they are either new or they have been reported for misbehaving on forums/Have been inappropriately posting (I believe).
And I think this should be in the Problems/Suggestions category, but the mods might move it for you :3
{lava

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby McKellsen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:37 pm

DecemberWolf wrote:The users with COPPA are unable to type/leave messages because they are either new or they have been reported for misbehaving on forums/Have been inappropriately posting (I believe).
And I think this should be in the Problems/Suggestions category, but the mods might move it for you :3

Also under 13 years of age. ;)
╔════════════════╗

Dury ✖ Adult ✖ They/He ✖ ENG/GRK

Commissions: USD slots open.

not dead; just restin

My GalleryArt TumblrFlight Rising

╚════════════════╝
McKellsen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby {lava » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:38 pm

lfsn wrote:
DecemberWolf wrote:The users with COPPA are unable to type/leave messages because they are either new or they have been reported for misbehaving on forums/Have been inappropriately posting (I believe).

Also under 13 years of age. ;)

Oh yes I forgot that one :3
{lava

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mods please remove thanks!

Postby Vampiric » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 pm

The users with COPPA are unable to type/leave messages because they are either new or they have been reported for misbehaving on forums/Have been inappropriately posting (I believe).

None of this is true.

COPPA is an american law that prevents any child under the age of 13 in the US from posting personal information online. We therefore enact an account restriction on them that lets moderators review their posts incase they are posting this information.

They are not there because they have misbehaved, nor because they were reported. COPPA can just as easilly be removed if the parents/guardians of the child send in a permission form to waiver the restriction at their own responsibility.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me