Topic Deletion

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Topic Deletion

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 am

My Non CS Adoptables thread was deleted because it was "spam".

Apparently I was breaking the rules by asking for clicks for my dragon eggs (which were going to die in a few hours).

While I'm not saying that I WASN'T breaking the rules I am somewhat upset over this, especially the fact that I lost ALL my coding for my Somethings and my French Adoptables and now I can't get those back...

I don't believe that the rule was very clear to begin with. I've been in the clickables thread once or twice and nowhere does it explicitly state that we're not allowed to post clickables in our own threads.

I understand that begging for clicks was wrong but did it deserve deletion?

All I needed was for someone to PM me and tell me that what I was doing was against the rules and then I could have gone back and edited my topic so that it DIDN'T break the rules.

I do not believe that it is necessary or acceptable to delete someone's topic when it can be fixed or when someone is a first time offender who didn't even know that there was such a rule in place.

Again, I do not hold anything against the mod who deleted my topic or the rule itself (after all it DOES make sense, it was spam, I just didn't realize that until now, and of course now it's too late!) but I do think something needs to be put in place to prevent something like this from happening again.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Topic Deletion

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:42 am

I disagree. Unless our mods act quickly to squash that sort of crap, our forums would be drowning in it. I think that our rules are pretty clear:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7690
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trish the Stalker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:46 pm

I always make sure to save all my codes a second place, if you lost them they're gone. Nick is right, it's far too time consuming to chase after rulebreakers, and if you had saved your codes it would have been no big deal at all.
Trish the Stalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:53 am

thenickdude wrote:I disagree. Unless our mods act quickly to squash that sort of crap, our forums would be drowning in it. I think that our rules are pretty clear:

http://chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewto ... =14&t=7690

Oops. I totally missed that topic. I can be really REALLY blind sometimes. :roll:

Trish the Stalker wrote:I always make sure to save all my codes a second place, if you lost them they're gone. Nick is right, it's far too time consuming to chase after rulebreakers, and if you had saved your codes it would have been no big deal at all.

I don't HAVE anywhere else to store them. I only go on a few forums and besides this one they're not places for posting adoptables.

And besides, it is no big deal now, turns out I'll get the codes from someone who has them all still :)
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 am

Aurorastar wrote:I don't HAVE anywhere else to store them. I only go on a few forums and besides this one they're not places for posting adoptables.

And besides, it is no big deal now, turns out I'll get the codes from someone who has them all still :)

You should save the codes on your computer. A simple program like WordPad will work.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:33 am

Sorren Fey wrote:You should save the codes on your computer. A simple program like WordPad will work.

*crickets chirping*

Oh. Good point.
Image Image Image
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:47 am

Is it OK to have in your thread something like "can I have a couple of clicks while you're here?"

Time for some serious copy&pasteing.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Toastberg wrote:Is it OK to have in your thread something like "can I have a couple of clicks while you're here?"

That's sounds fine if you mention it in your topic, but the ones that have "clik plz" and stuff like that in the title are pretty likely to get deleted.

Also, if someone has "please click these" in big text or bold or something crazy to get peoples attention, I usually ask them to remove that 'cause it comes across as begging to me. :?
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me