Some suggestions ;)

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Some suggestions ;)

Postby 3catfish3 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:29 am

Okay,so here's some suggestions.
1.When you scrol down and look to the right,you see text: ''phbb skin developed by:Abdul Turan''..Ummmm,we are not using phbb skin now,maybe admins should remove that XD
2.Mass pet sending-away to friends button.You select pets what you want to send to your friend,click ''Send to a friend'' and it opens a list of your friends.You select the friends you want to send your pets to and click OK.OR, not select friend,but enter any users name in a text box and send the pets to him/her,without waiting for accepting the trade.I am running the project Gift-a-newbie,and some of newbies just don't know how to accept my trade >_<
3.This is almoust the same as the previous idea,just with pound.You select pets you want to donate to Pound,click ''donate to Pound'' and it automacily (Sorry,I am not english XD I don't know how to spell that word! XD) send the pets to username ''Pound''.
4. A new forum board: ''Off topic disscussion''.There people can talk something thats not CS-themed,like about their real-life pets and so on.

If you want to say yay ot nay,please post the number of idea you are saying yay ot nay to.
I am not selfish.I am catfish.Not selfish.

ImageImage

Dead account- I am now found HERE
3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Some suggestions ;)

Postby Shadow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:32 am

I'm not going to comment on suggestions 1-3, but I don't think that having an "off-topic discussion" board is neccesary. Users may chat about things that are not CS-themed on the General Chat board, or if they feel out of place there, on the Adults 18+ board.
Quantum

"Life
is a great big canvas,
and you should throw
all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye
Shadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:36 am

Hmmmm,yes.But the name ''General board'' means something about the sites general theme-Tessas adoptables- for me.Or maybe admins should change the name of it?Just a suggestion.

ImageImage

3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:23 pm

3catfish3 wrote:1.When you scrol down and look to the right,you see text: ''phbb skin developed by:Abdul Turan''..Ummmm,we are not using phbb skin now,maybe admins should remove that XD

Actually, this skin was developed entirely by Abdul Turan, it's a generally-available phpBB skin. We just added the logo :).

2.Mass pet sending-away to friends button.You select pets what you want to send to your friend,click ''Send to a friend'' and it opens a list of your friends.You select the friends you want to send your pets to and click OK.OR, not select friend,but enter any users name in a text box and send the pets to him/her,without waiting for accepting the trade.I am running the project Gift-a-newbie,and some of newbies just don't know how to accept my trade >_<

We're not going to support this. People get gifts of pets that they don't want and have no way of refusing.

3.This is almoust the same as the previous idea,just with pound.You select pets you want to donate to Pound,click ''donate to Pound'' and it automacily (Sorry,I am not english XD I don't know how to spell that word! XD) send the pets to username ''Pound''.

This would be useful :)
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:41 pm

3catfish3 wrote:1.When you scrol down and look to the right,you see text: ''phbb skin developed by:Abdul Turan''..Ummmm,we are not using phbb skin now,maybe admins should remove that XD

The skin is what's making it look chicken smoothie themed. Have you seen it without? Boring.

3catfish3 wrote:2.Mass pet sending-away to friends button.You select pets what you want to send to your friend,click ''Send to a friend'' and it opens a list of your friends.You select the friends you want to send your pets to and click OK.OR, not select friend,but enter any users name in a text box and send the pets to him/her,without waiting for accepting the trade.I am running the project Gift-a-newbie,and some of newbies just don't know how to accept my trade >_<

That could get ugly. People may make double accounts and hide it well. The main way to tell double accounts is suspicious trading activity. Library computers and whatnot have different IP adresses, so with a different IP, username and password and no trading activity people could easily get around it. Even with the same IP it's okay. But if they decide to send trades like this to another innocent user, this could easily frame them for double accounting. People could also send spammy pets to others just to annoy them. Yes, there's a pet limit, but people can still get another account, with the different details and send things like 2nd gen and butterfly wolves, all of which there are differences straight away, and a 2nd gen green for example would be kept.

3catfish3 wrote:3.This is almoust the same as the previous idea,just with pound.You select pets you want to donate to Pound,click ''donate to Pound'' and it automacily (Sorry,I am not english XD I don't know how to spell that word! XD) send the pets to username ''Pound''.

This one I like. That would be really useful.

3catfish3 wrote:4. A new forum board: ''Off topic disscussion''.There people can talk something thats not CS-themed,like about their real-life pets and so on.

Isn't that what the general chat board is for?
3catfish3 wrote:Hmmmm,yes.But the name ''General board'' means something about the sites general theme-Tessas adoptables- for me.Or maybe admins should change the name of it?Just a suggestion.

It means everything that doesn't fit in other categories if you ask me. What else could you call it? It does say in the little writing underneath any chat. The adoptables talk goes in the CS adoptables section.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Thank you!And I thought that this skin is made by someone else XD

ImageImage

3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me