Ad Freezes Browser

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Ad Freezes Browser

Postby Faisre » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:59 am

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but there's at least one ad that freezes my browser, which ends up partially freezing my computer, every time it plays. I use google chrome. It doesn't matter what else I'm doing or if I'm not doing anything else when the CS page is loading, but when it tries to load that ad the tab freezes, then the whole window, then everything else on my computer with the exception that my mouse can move (but do absolutely nothing else). This last time it just happened, it appears to have been the top banner ad, but I remember it happening a lot during the Faire too and then I think it was a bottom one. When things do start responding again, the offending ad simply says "missing plug-in". I don't have this issue with any other ads on any other sites I'm on, so I really don't think it's just my computer, and since i use a laptop I use quite a few different connections (depending on where I am to connect to a wireless connection) and it happens on all of the connections, so it can't be the router or the internet provider either, which is why I believe it is the ad itself.
I've missed a lot of pets for 2018. Any swaps or assistance would be appreciated. <3

My Birthday
April 10th

My CS Anniversary
July 27th
My uncle passed away on May 24th, 2014; only 10 short days after his birthday on May 14th. He was one of the most important people in my life, and to honor him I would like to swap all of my May 2014 pets for those adopted on his birthday. I'm just shy of halfway there. Please, if you would be willing to help, send a suggestion with your May 14th 2014 pets, and I will give you its equivalent adopted on the 1st, or a fair trade (and maybe a gift as well in thanks). <3
Faisre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ad Freezes Browser

Postby Tuike » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:04 am

For now, I suggest you maybe install (free) Adblocker for Chrome?
Sorry that I can't tell you why it does that, I just don't know. :<
Ask me anything on Formspring
Extraordinaly beautiful signature pic made by CHIA BBY <3
Tuike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faisre » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:06 am

I'll do that, thank you. ^_^ I figured it should be brought to someone's attention though too in case it was happening to others as well.
I've missed a lot of pets for 2018. Any swaps or assistance would be appreciated. <3

My Birthday
April 10th

My CS Anniversary
July 27th
My uncle passed away on May 24th, 2014; only 10 short days after his birthday on May 14th. He was one of the most important people in my life, and to honor him I would like to swap all of my May 2014 pets for those adopted on his birthday. I'm just shy of halfway there. Please, if you would be willing to help, send a suggestion with your May 14th 2014 pets, and I will give you its equivalent adopted on the 1st, or a fair trade (and maybe a gift as well in thanks). <3
Faisre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuike » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:09 am

Yeah, it' was a good idea to post about it. You never know if others are having this problem as well, and I'm not sure if the adblock will help, but I would try it, even if just for a temporary fix. :]
Ask me anything on Formspring
Extraordinaly beautiful signature pic made by CHIA BBY <3
Tuike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faisre » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:11 am

Will do. Thank you! ^_^

My Birthday
April 10th

My CS Anniversary
July 27th
Faisre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:46 pm

I guess since the ad doesn't load, we can't work out which one it is and investigate :(. Probably you can fix the freezing by updating Flash to the latest version:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Actually, I thought that Chrome included Flash already...
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faisre » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 am

It does. But actually now that I think of it I'm pretty sure its actually one that uses shockwave, because if I've got something in another window or tab that uses that, when I go to that it says its crashed, and I have to start over what I was doing in that tab.

My Birthday
April 10th

My CS Anniversary
July 27th
Faisre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me