delete multiple trades

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

delete multiple trades

Postby gold » Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 am

it takes forever for me to ddelete my trades now, and i have namy trades over a year and a half old. (too busy to sit there for hours.) So it would be nice if you could mabe put a little check box next to the trade so that we could delete more than one at a time. Sort of like the system that we have for messages right now.
she/her -- polya gay -- infp -- comrade

ImageImageImage
gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: delete multiple trades

Postby Δℓℓιɢαтσя ƨκʏ~ » Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 am

I like that idea, would be useful for me!
This sig is currently under construction. Please enjoy this cat chasing a cheese burger while you wait.
Δℓℓιɢαтσя ƨκʏ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadows » Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 am

Yeah I have over 100 trades that people have sent I need to cancel
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Shadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NSJT » Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 am

I don't think this will be put into place. If there is the choice to cancel mass trades button, then there should be an accept mass trades button. There are already too many 'reversals' because someone clicked the accept button (even though you have to click accept twice :roll: ) by mistake and if they forget to check all their trades and accidently add it with the mass accepting, there would be more. And if you mass accept a lot of trades, some are bound to overlap if more than one person is asking for the same pet.

The only user I would see the mass accept button be plausable for would be the pound, since they get a lot of donation trades and they are not likely to cancel anything.

But towards your idea about a mass delete button, what if you just click all of them without looking at them and then delete them at once? You might have just canceled a trade that you would have really liked to accept. And if you try to send it back, the pets they offered might be in a locked group so you wouldn't be able to. I'd rather be safe than sad at something I mischecked and deleted.

Perhaps, instead of waiting a while before attacking those trades, just take it a little at a time and then clean your trade center out every few days or so? =3
~ Seek out your dreams and stay true ~
~ I believe I believe I believe ~
NSJT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gold » Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Well I can see how it would be a problem, but I have probably over 100 trades from when I first joined with other members that have since quit. If you accidentally cancel a trade, just go back and re-send it to the other member
she/her -- polya gay -- infp -- comrade

ImageImageImage
gold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

some_days_are_gold wrote:Well I can see how it would be a problem, but I have probably over 100 trades from when I first joined with other members that have since quit. If you accidentally cancel a trade, just go back and re-send it to the other member

They also pointed out that the pet could be in a locked group so you can't offer for it again. I offer pets from locked groups quite a bit, and I am pretty sure at least some others do too, so it could cause complications.

Why did you let it get up to so many in the first place?
╭───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╮
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salinity » Tue May 17, 2011 11:16 pm

It could be that instead of one big button there's a check box and "are you sure" type thing like with messages :] That way you're less prone to "accidents", you know? {For Delete and Accept}
Plus, to answer Ananda Regalia, I'm usually indecisive when it comes from trading so I'll just let it sit there for a while >___>; Eventually I go through them but it always builds back up. Also there's the possibility that the user went on vacation, came back, and got tons of trades from the same person. Not likely but it's happened to me =n=;

Edit: Eep, sorry about the name thing ^^;
Last edited by salinity on Thu May 19, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
| call me lok | they/it |

---

getting back into this site! please feel free to send me trades for things on my wishlist (pleading emoji here)

---

toyhouse - twitter
aur | fringe & wit | comps
salinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Wed May 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Lokette wrote:It could be that instead of one big button there's a check box and "are you sure" type thing like with messages :] That way you're less prone to "accidents", you know? {For Delete and Accept}
Plus, to answer Amanda Regalia, I'm usually indecisive when it comes from trading so I'll just let it sit there for a while >___>; Eventually I go through them but it always builds back up. Also there's the possibility that the user went on vacation, came back, and got tons of trades from the same person. Not likely but it's happened to me =n=;

(It's Ananda, with an 'N'. I'm joy, not wheat. (Ananda means that joy in existence without which the universe would crumble and fall. Amanda means a field of wheat.))
Just a suggestion, maybe just try to keep up with them? I never have issues with that, and I can't decide what to eat for breakfast in the morning. We only have cheerios.
But back on topic. I guess it could be useful for some people, but I would never use it. So, best of luck getting it made.
╭───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╮
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me