Glitched Dog

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Glitched Dog

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:26 am

So I have this dog that is somehow glitched:

Pet's name: Pork
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

It shows up at the end of the group, but it's adoption date means it should be placed with the other September 2012 pets in my group:

accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=2227061&userid=22959

It doesn't show up where you think it would no matter where I put it. If I put it in 2020, it shows up as the last pet in the group, if I put it in my 2024 group it shows up with the February 2024 pets in that group.

What is this silly little dog doing??

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Glitched Dog

Postby Fixius » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:32 am

😂 I had a pet like this for awhile but traded it. Now I miss the silly doggo! It's a cutie! I love that it does what it wants😆☺️💕🌈
☺️

I'm also looking for:
Fixius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:35 am

Fixius wrote:😂 I had a pet like this for awhile but traded it. Now I miss the silly doggo! It's a cutie! I love that it does what it wants😆☺️💕🌈

This baby has plans of their own and the rules mean nothing to them. XD I kinda want to take it out of my trade group and hold onto it.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 am

This happens if a pet needed to be re-created. Usually from when a trade couldn't be reversed for one reason or another, so instead the person who lost it is given a new one with the same adoption date, but since its a newly generated pet and the original still exists, it gets a new ID number instead. Pet groups are always sorted by ID so it ends up sitting in the group where its ID places it rather than date. So if its ID places it with other Feb '24 pets, thats because it was generated in Feb '24. Its still considered worth the same as normal though.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 am

Celozon wrote:This happens if a pet needed to be re-created. Usually from when a trade couldn't be reversed for one reason or another, so instead the person who lost it is given a new one with the same adoption date, but since its a newly generated pet and the original still exists, it gets a new ID number instead. Pet groups are always sorted by ID so it ends up sitting in the group where its ID places it rather than date. So if its ID places it with other Feb '24 pets, thats because it was generated in Feb '24. Its still considered worth the same as normal though.

That makes a lot of sense! Thank you for explaining. I think it makes him a fun little guy, just doing his own thing. At least now I know why it’s happening. :D

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me