Trade rules editor now includes BBCode and smiley buttons

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Trade message editor now includes BBCode and smiley butt

Postby iHolli » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 am

{ooo sweet! Love that I won't have to remember & type in the coding now! I was definitely confused by the initial announcement since it does sound like this is for trade messages but it's for the trade rules xD nonetheless this is a welcome update! Thanks Nick!}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:15 am

Thank You💜💜💜 wrote:
This is amazing!! Tysm for implementing my suggestion! I’m sure it’ll help lots of people!!!

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Settings Editor now with BBCode and Smiley Buttons

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:37 am

Woaw...!, I'm completely impressed, Thread started on the 'Suggestions' Sub-Forum, and 10 days later, @Nick has already implemented it, very nice...! :thumbup: :D

Oh...!, but OK, it's "only" been implemented for 'Trade Settings' (= 'Trade Rules'), not for 'Trade Messages' (when sending/editing/accepting/cancelling a Trade)..., hum, OK, pity... :( , as I had already suggested back in 2016...
=> Wouldn't need the whole Toolbar just the "basic" Buttons + ]url[, and without ]Size[ and ]Colour[ for sure...!

]Quote[ is missing btw from the Toolbar in 'Trade Settings'... (No big deal though...)

>>>

Oh, and @Nick, Thanks also for adding the 2 Navig Links for "2022" for Pets and Items in the 'Archives' MouseOver Navig Bar, very good...! 28 days this year..., new Record...! (Previous Record was 34 days, last year...) :thumbup:
(You forgot to edit the "© Chicken Smoothie 2021" still... ;) )
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:44 am

Awesome! Been hoping for this ^w^

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to pet trades by rarity
-Quick link to my trade thread
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:19 am

SWEET!! Thanks Nick! :D Super glad to see you, too!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:45 am

aaahh ive been waiting for this feature ever since i joined <3 thank you guys!
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:26 am

this is awesome! so glad to have this!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:27 pm

iHolli wrote:
{ooo sweet! Love that I won't have to remember & type in the coding now! I was definitely confused by the initial announcement since it does sound like this is for trade messages but it's for the trade rules xD nonetheless this is a welcome update! Thanks Nick!}

Good point, I've edited my post title now
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rules Editor now with BBCode and Smiley Buttons

Postby CaptainSpank » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:02 pm

Nick wrote:
iHolli wrote:

Good point, I've edited my post title now

Ah-ah...!, funny, even without reading @iHolli's Post (I never try to read their Posts as they always use ']Size=85[' which is too small and unreadable in my Browser on Desktop...), => Reason also I had spontaneously changed the Title of my previous Reply to "Re: Trade Settings Editor now with BBCode and Smiley Buttons", but "rules" is also perfect, and doesn't truncate "butt[ons]" either anymore... ;)

=> EDIT: No, it's not, ah-ah...!, "rules" still truncates "button[s]" by 1 Char in Replies, oops...! :P
Well then, Reason I had also replaced "includes" with "with"...! :idea:
... Hum, then I still prefer "my" Title..., but I'll use "Rules" instead of "Settings"...

>>>

But OK, any chance those Buttons could also be added to the Trade Message Editor...? :idea:
=> Only the 'B' 'I' 'U' 'URL' Buttons would be very handy already, we don't really need all Buttons...

The BBCode Toolbar (and Smileys) is "nice" in 'Trade Rules' but I only edit my Trade Rules once a month or maybe once a year..., while I send/receive (xx) Trades every day...!?
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me