Grave-Digging?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Grave-Digging?

Postby fourleafclover » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:54 am

A while ago, I tried to help multiple older adoption centers regain popularity by finding older topics and bumping them up (most of them which the last post was 3 or so months ago). I was then issued a board warning by a staff member informing me that this is considered "grave-digging" and is against the rules, which I very much appreciate, as I was not aware of this. After thoroughly searching, I could not find any explanation, or even mention of the behavior known as grave-digging in the Site and Forum Rules or the Spam Guide.

In light of this, I would like to politely ask if there is a certain, or at least rough number of days/weeks/months after the last post before posting or bumping up the topic would be considered grave-digging, or if I should simply stick to posting in topics that are on the first or second page of their designated forum. Would it be grave-digging if it's my own topic I am posting in? What if the owner asks you to post in their thread? Thank you! :)

I am revisiting this post today because I'm still in search of an answer.
(Edited this for clarity)
fourleafclover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Grave-Digging?

Postby fourleafclover » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:08 am

fourleafclover wrote:A while ago, I tried to help multiple older adoption centers regain popularity by finding older topics and bumping them up (most of them which the last post was 3 or so months ago). I was then issued a board warning by a staff member informing me that this is considered "grave-digging" and is against the rules, which I very much appreciate, as I was not aware of this. After thoroughly searching, I could not find any explanation, or even mention of the behavior known as grave-digging in the Site and Forum Rules or the Spam Guide.

In light of this, I would like to politely ask if there is a certain, or at least rough number of days/weeks/months after the last post before posting or bumping up the topic would be considered grave-digging, or if I should simply stick to posting in topics that are on the first or second page of their designated forum. Would it be grave-digging if it's my own topic I am posting in? What if the owner asks you to post in their thread? Thank you! :)

I am revisiting this post today because I'm still in search of an answer.
(Edited this for clarity)
fourleafclover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:09 am

I think this would be a question more for staff rather than users, so it'd be best to send in a help ticket c:

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bon vvoyage! » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:17 am

hello! after doing some digging in the forums
i've seen users say that bumping after 2 months
to 6+ months is considered grave-digging
depending on the forum, for example
if you're bumping an adoptables thread in the free
section that hasn't been active for 2+ months, that
would be considered grave digging however, if you're
revisiting an older post of your own that is younger than 6 months
i believe that would be okay as long as you are the thread owner and
you're not attempting spam, for example if you've been working on-an-off
on a larger thread for a few months, that would be fine or if you had a trading
thread that you wanted to start up again after a hiatus i believe that would be fine as well.

hope this helps! :-)
farewell.
bon vvoyage!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:22 am

Hey there,
It really depends on the board and topic involved. For example, bumping up your trade topic is fine even if it's old as you are only allowed one of those topics anyway. However we generally lock any free adoption topics that have been bumped up since most of the time the owner is no longer active or has no pets/items left to give away. Bumping up old adoption centers isn't necessary as the owner of that topic would bump it themselves if they still had anything to give away and/or want their topic to be looked at. If you'd like free pets, your best bet is to post on topics that are newer/active and near the top of the first page of the board, which usually means the owner is still actively giving away pets.

If you'd like a more specific reasoning, you can send in a ticket or contact the staff member who locked the topic you bumped up if you remember who they were. If not you're also more than welcome to contact myself. ^^

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:33 am