Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:37 am

@above, while interesting I think it would be much easier to find a solid name for just one new rarity than trying to rename all the other rarities on top of that.

Or as you said we could move omgsrs down so that it would be like- rare, very rare, omgsr, and mythical?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:53 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:@above, while interesting I think it would be much easier to find a solid name for just one new rarity than trying to rename all the other rarities on top of that.

Or as you said we could move omgsrs down so that it would be like- rare, very rare, omgsr, and mythical?

Moving OMGSR down could be problematic, though. Currently, all OMGSR pets are really, really valuable, and near the upper half of the Main List, so you can see how the rarity has sort of developed a mysticism, you could say, surrounding it. Moving it down could cause players, especially younger/newer players, to overvalue their pets that are now OMGSR and were once just high VRs, which that paired along with the current "greed demand" mentality in the trading community could cause demand to absolutely skyrocket and bring along with it the boatload of issues surrounding it. Imagine what happened with the skelebun, except for every high VR.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 am

Pyromaniacal wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:@above, while interesting I think it would be much easier to find a solid name for just one new rarity than trying to rename all the other rarities on top of that.

Moving OMGSR down could be problematic, though. Currently, all OMGSR pets are really, really valuable, and near the upper half of the Main List, so you can see how the rarity has sort of developed a mysticism, you could say, surrounding it. Moving it down could cause players, especially younger/newer players, to overvalue their pets that are now OMGSR and were once just high VRs, which that paired along with the current "greed demand" mentality in the trading community could cause demand to absolutely skyrocket and bring along with it the boatload of issues surrounding it. Imagine what happened with the skelebun, except for every high VR.

I think it was more of "let's name the new threshold between VR and OMGSR "OMGSR" and rename the current OMGSR to something new like "Mythical"
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:53 am

nickjr wrote:I think it was more of "let's name the new threshold between VR and OMGSR "OMGSR" and rename the current OMGSR to something new like "Mythical"

Lol yeah, this was more what I was thinking.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
nickjr wrote:I think it was more of "let's name the new threshold between VR and OMGSR "OMGSR" and rename the current OMGSR to something new like "Mythical"

I get what you're saying, but this seems way more confusing, and implies that VR and OMGSR pets have become more rare, when really everything this is the same and only the labels have changed. I think adding a new rarity in the middle would be an easier change for people to understand. OMGSR pets would stay exactly the same. Most VR pets stay the same. Only a handful of the rarest VR pets would change. Totally relabeling all OMGSR pets to a new rarity and changing some VR pets to OMGSR seems like a bigger, more confusing, and even somewhat misleading change.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 am

musicgurl333 wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

I get what you're saying, but this seems way more confusing, and implies that VR and OMGSR pets have become more rare, when really everything this is the same and only the labels have changed. I think adding a new rarity in the middle would be an easier change for people to understand. OMGSR pets would stay exactly the same. Most VR pets stay the same. Only a handful of the rarest VR pets would change. Totally relabeling all OMGSR pets to a new rarity and changing some VR pets to OMGSR seems like a bigger, more confusing, and even somewhat misleading change.

And I would agree. I was just off of what Suatrone had been suggesting and seeing what they/others thought. Tho this also brings up, again, what would that new rarity be called that wouldn’t be confusing? Mythic seems higher than OMGSR to me. Extremely rare is too similar to very rare. Etc etc.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lady gaga » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

I feel like adding a rarity between VR and OMGSR would just add a whole 'nother layer to the problem with rearranging the whole rares list. Not to mention the changing of how people value their pets, be it more or less making demand even more crazy to deal with...
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄
ham ∙ she/her ∙ scorpio ∙ wanda deserves happiness ©
lady gaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 am

a. hamilton wrote:
    I feel like adding a rarity between VR and OMGSR would just add a whole 'nother layer to the problem with rearranging the whole rares list. Not to mention the changing of how people value their pets, be it more or less making demand even more crazy to deal with...

Actually it would help the list a lot! There’s a lot of very rares in the list. Which ones are more rare than others? We don’t know, and another rarity could help that. =)

And initially some people may overvalue the pets, but I feel they do that anyways. Another rarity would help us distinguish between what very rare was actually... very rare, or even more rare than that.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Hmm. Some of the games I play have "super rare" and "super super rare". It's pretty common in those games to refer to those rarity levels with SR and SSR instead of the number of stars, although the latter is used a lot as well.

Maybe we can just use "very very rare" LOL
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Extremely Rare? Incredibly Rare?
Something that clearly means more than 'Very' imo :)
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items