Automatic Trade Edits?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Automatic Trade Edits?

Postby Dawulf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:49 am

I think it would be helpful if trades edited themselves, if a pet was already traded. That way, when people went to adopt say three animals from someone on the Adopt board, but someone asked for one of the animals beforehand, and got it, that animal would disappear from the trade you sent. That way, to ensure you got some of the animals, at least, you wouldn't have to send three different trades, and therefore bog down the other persons trades. :3

Thanks for considering!
~D~
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Automatic Trade Edits?

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 am

A system like that would leave plenty of room for problems.

For example, suppose someone wants two pets: A July dog and a more common October dog. They offered a lot of really nice pets in the hope of getting the July they wanted. Now, if the trades were self editting and the July had been traded away, it would leave the person offering a lot of good pets for a common October.

Sorry, but I think that idea would cause too much trouble.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Automatic Trade Edits?

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:29 pm

This will never happen, because of the reason that Fiery Gatoh has pointed out and for other reasons. Particularly the potential for timing attacks. If somebody sends you a trade giving practically their whole collection for one of your pets, you could see the trade offer, but before you click the "accept" link, the other person could remove all their pets from the trade. Then when you click accept, you'll be giving away your pet for free.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me