We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby smelliott_ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:03 am

I like the frequent pound openings more; I cant get to it every day and it makes it easier to catch it open. I also agree with what people are saying about the viewing of rare pets in the pound making it tough
smelliott_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:06 am

sxtxrn wrote:more pets. both pounds ive done today by the time i even LOADED IN 1/3 of the pets on the page were gone. by the first refresh only 900 pets were left. it’s ridiculous.

But even if we add more pets to the Pound openings, the good pets are still going to be snapped up right away. I understand the frustration, but I just don't see how this is supposed to solve the issue if speed/loading time is the problem? If you have refresh issues, more pets isn't going to help your situation. You're at a disadvantage on every page.
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
GREY - THEY/AE - CHRISTIAN

I'm genderfluid and so my secondary
pronoun may change, but my primary
pronoun will always be "they." Thx!

WRITER - LINGUIST - SUBTITLER

FlightRising
Pride PLUS
Pronouns Pg

𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚:

The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stupid idiot » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:45 am

Mirenoch wrote:
rats! wrote:I think we should get rid of the pound

Genuinely want to hear more about this..

delete pound 👍

hit me up if you ever want some pictures of my pet rats <3
stupid idiot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duckblind » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:45 am

After today's experience, I really think something needs to change, but I'm not sure what would satisfy the most people or make a lasting improvement with all the different play styles and availability everyone in this thread has. The multiple pounds I've been to today were so unenjoyable- I don't mind at all that I didn't get rares, it was honestly just frustrating having each refresh go down hundreds of pets at a time and seeing even just common-uncommon pets be snapped up in half a second with no chance to click on them. There's no fun in feeling like you can't even get just a basic pet that looks cute to you and that you have to pick something immediately after opening otherwise it'll turn into a selection of a couple hundred recent pets. Multiple people I talk to didn't even walk away with anything from any of the openings because it went too quickly. Having more frequent pounds might be good for scheduling and time zone differences, but it's also not ideal to have the openings close within 2 minutes- if you can't be there at that exact time and get something off the first page or two you're completely out of luck right now.
duckblind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Love » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:00 pm

Is it possible to just do a free adoption to people online during pound opening so anyone online during a opening is guaranteed a pet and it's random on rarities and everyone is happy to receive a free pet?

Deleting the pound scares me because that may entail deleting all the pets inside. And that's kind of a waste.
Ruby-Love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryomen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:01 pm

there are objectively not enough pets per opening to accommodate the amount of site traffic even with refresh time and lag aside. if we genuinely cannot let go of a single opening per day there like, has to be a way to meet in the middle. not seeing the satisfaction in being able to catch the pound more times a day if every time it drains in 3 minutes and you can't even find a wishlist omgsc
Last edited by ryomen on Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big fan of the guy with too many eyes and too many arms.
formerly sukunabae ✧.*
she/her | pisces
trades are always welcome ☽
ryomen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:01 pm

Returning to this thread to say that, some way or another, the Pound probably needs to stay open longer, and the only way I can think of to achieve that is to add more pets per opening. If I can catch an opening and prepare for it, I usually don't have too much trouble getting something on my wishlist, which at the end of the day, is all I really want. But just earlier I missed the Pound by a few minutes and it was already closed, and several times lately I've struggled to find anything on my wishlist at all. By the time I can refresh the page once or twice, everything I would need is almost gone.

The number of daily openings as of right now are fine, they just don't last long enough (not everyone is online 24/7!)

Also, might I suggest a shorter cooldown between refreshes? I feel it would be beneficial for actually having a chance beyond the first page.

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to pet trades by rarity
-Quick link to my trade thread
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Status: Maybe sort of kind of just a little bit obsessed with a fictional man
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:04 pm

Graye wrote:
sxtxrn wrote:more pets. both pounds ive done today by the time i even LOADED IN 1/3 of the pets on the page were gone. by the first refresh only 900 pets were left. it’s ridiculous.

But even if we add more pets to the Pound openings, the good pets are still going to be snapped up right away. I understand the frustration, but I just don't see how this is supposed to solve the issue if speed/loading time is the problem? If you have refresh issues, more pets isn't going to help your situation. You're at a disadvantage on every page.

Plus if more pets get added, openings go down. As it is, it feels like I only ever catch the lost and found nowadays when I'm online. Even right now it says the pound will be open in the next five hours, but unless it opens in the next two hours I'll be asleep when it opens again. And on the rare occasion I do catch it right when it opens, it goes quick. I still feel like I need to grab what I can on the first page immediately instead of looking a bit or I'll be stuck with all the common rats and horses no one wants.

From what the poll is saying, they'd only be adding 500 more pets to the pound. If you refresh and it's already at 900 for example, that means about 400 pets are already being adopted within the first minute. Is 500 more pets really going to make that big of a difference? That's maybe an extra minute of it being open.

I don't really know what the solution is besides adding significantly more pets if the problem is that it's draining too quickly. But then they'd have to also significantly decrease the amount that the pound opens which I feel is just going to make things worse. If the pound only opens once or twice a week but has 4000 pets, the people who have discord bots are just going to get pinged right before it opens and the site is going to get rushed with a couple thousand people all at once trying to be there for the pound's only opening that week.
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:32 pm

Ebony Stardust wrote:Returning to this thread to say that, some way or another, the Pound probably needs to stay open longer, and the only way I can think of to achieve that is to add more pets per opening. If I can catch an opening and prepare for it, I usually don't have too much trouble getting something on my wishlist, which at the end of the day, is all I really want. But just earlier I missed the Pound by a few minutes and it was already closed, and several times lately I've struggled to find anything on my wishlist at all. By the time I can refresh the page once or twice, everything I would need is almost gone.

The number of daily openings as of right now are fine, they just don't last long enough (not everyone is online 24/7!)

Also, might I suggest a shorter cooldown between refreshes? I feel it would be beneficial for actually having a chance beyond the first page.

wouldnt a shorter cooldown do the exact opposite of helping the pound stay open longer

-----------------------------

adult, college bio student, she/her

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:42 pm

Elm wrote:I think abandoned accounts that have been left for 7+ years should be donated to the pound. There are accounts that started in 2008/2009 that have been left to rot since then. Maybe send out emails to them and if they dont log in within a 6 month period have them be sent to the pound. Just a thought, that way no ones making more pets for the pound (although i do think there should be another dec 18th 6th months from that date to produce more activity but thats another topic)

Quoting myself, i would love to hear your opinions on this!

Edit// the numbers can be changed too i just threw some out there as a reference

Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me