♦ rookoos ♦ codedrop pg12

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

which of these would you like to see next?

the community update
35%
the achievement update
18%
the creativity corner update
12%
the lineage update
No votes
the experience update
35%

Total votes : 17

♦ rookoos ♦ codedrop pg12

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:27 pm

welcome to the homepage for rookoos, a closed species / arpg by scribblefoxx (that's me!). adopt your rookoo, send them on adventures, collect materials, craft items, breed new rookoos, earn achievements, and more!
Last edited by scribblefoxx on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 am, edited 40 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

species info

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:28 pm

rookoos are a species of small, bipedal, egg-laying mammals, typically found in broadleaf or coniferous forests. they are intensely social creatures, and frequently nest in large groups. they are scavenging omnivores, feeding mainly on nuts and seeds, but also the occasional insect.

while not capable of intelligible speech, they have a wide range of vocalizations - their most common one being a bird-like rrrhoooo-koooooo from which their name is derived. their large ears lend themselves to an excellent sense of hearing, meaning that rookoos can communicate across distances of many miles. they are also skilled song-makers, and each has a unique melody that they use as a personal identifier.

many rookoos are collectors, and will amass a hoard near their nesting site - anything from flowers, to dried bugs, to bones, to old coins from a long-ago civilization. their small front limbs are surprisingly maneuverable for holding and carrying things.

though they have poor eyesight, they have a strong sense of smell, and are excellent trackers. their tails are thick and heavy, to counter-balance with their oversized heads. their fur comes in any variety of color and patterning, and no two rookoos are exactly alike. their ears and tails continue to grow throughout their lifetime, and as such are a good indicator of a rookoo's age.
Last edited by scribblefoxx on Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:23 pm, edited 19 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

frequently asked questions

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:28 pm

GENERAL

new clutches will be released regularly on this thread, in the form of both free raffles and paid sales; you can also breed your existing rookoos, order a custom, or trade with other users. keep an eye out for special event rookoos as well!

rookoos cannot be sold for real world currency, but everything else is fine! i just ask that you note on this thread when ownership of a rookoo changes, so i can update the archive. you are also welcome to surrender an unwanted rookoo back to me, to be put back up for a re-raffle. forms for both trading and surrendering can be found on the bottom of the adoption page.

each rookoo has a unique number attached to them. ID numbers beginning with zero are special release rookoos, including customs and gifts. ID numbers beginning with one and beyond are regular releases in chronological order, including bred hatchlings and event rookoos. ID numbers beginning with nine are paid rookoos released in the marketplace.

rookoos have a co-op thread here where you can share your rookoos, inventory, and anything else you'd like to add.

there is also a toyhouse world for the species, though please note that participation in the world is not required to participate in rookoos as a whole! all rookoos are uploaded to toyhouse for hosting / archive purposes, so if you win one & provide your th username, i will transfer the character over to you! if you don't have toyhouse, i will note your cs username on the page for your rookoo so ownership is still being tracked.

ADVENTURING / CRAFTING

sticks Image, pebbles Image, and leaves Image can be found while scavenging with an adult rookoo. flowers Image can be found while discovering with a hatchling rookoo. stars Image can be found while meditating with an elder rookoo, or traded for from the fallen star. these raw materials can be used in the workshop to craft a variety of items with special uses, and stars can be used to purchase items from the marketplace.

all users and their current inventory are listed here.

FAQ

can i apply to be staff?
    at this time i am not taking staff applications; this is my own personal fun project and i want to keep it casual. if this changes in the future i will update the thread accordingly!

is there a discord server?
    at the moment there are no plans for a dedicated server, but if there is enough interest i would be happy to set one up!

can i draw / write about / roleplay as my rookoo?
    absolutely! i highly encourage it, and would love if you shared on this thread!

i have a question that's not listed here!
    post on the thread or send me a message! i don't bite, i promise :]
Last edited by scribblefoxx on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 am, edited 21 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

adoptables / sales

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:29 pm

raffle is closed!

please be sure you read all rules/faqs before entering the raffle! raffles will last one week from the start date, and winners are drawn randomly. entry form can be found underneath the current adoptables.

next clutch coming soon!

Code: Select all
[center][size=150][i][b]i'm entering the raffle![/b][/i][/size]
[b]username:[/b]
[b]rookoo ID(s):[/b]
[b]toyhouse username (if any):[/b]
[/center]

in addition to free raffles, newly-released rookoos can also be purchased, either by flatsale or auction. currently available rookoos & their prices will be listed below. to make a flat sale purchase, send me a trade with payment and then fill out the form below; once your trade is accepted i will add your ownership to the archive and remove them from the shop.

#901 - 100 C$

#902 - 100 C$

#903 - 100 C$

#904 - 100 C$

#905 - 100 C$

[center][size=150][i][b]i want a new friend![/b][/i][/size]
[b]username:[/b]
[b]rookoo ID(s):[/b]
[b]toyhouse username (if any):[/b]
[b]link to payment trade:[/b]
[/center]

if you would like to trade/sell/gift your rookoo, you may do so on here. rookoos cannot be sold for real world currency, or any other species / websites that do not allow outside trading, but everything else is fair game. when you have come to an agreement with another user, please fill out this form (and have your trading partner respond to confirm) so that i can update the archive accordingly.

you may also advertise trades / sales here - let me know if you’d like your ad on this list!

[ no current user trades ]

[center][b][i]time to make a trade![/i][/b]
[b]trading partner’s username[/b]:
[b]what i’m giving[/b]:
[b]what i’m recieving[/b]:
[/center]

if you no longer wish to own a rookoo, you may fill out this form to surrender them, and i will re-raffle them out for another user to have a chance. please note, surrendering is permanent, and you no longer have any claim over them once the form is submitted; you are able to enter the raffle to win them again, if you so wish.

[center][b][i]i’m surrendering a rookoo![/b][/i]
[b]rookoo ID/link:[/b]
[/center]
Last edited by scribblefoxx on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 am, edited 35 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nesting grounds

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 pm

here you can breed two adult rookoos, either two of your own or one of yours with one of another user's. the pairing will produce a nest of 1-5 eggs, which in time will hatch into baby rookoos, with a combination of traits from both parents!

in order to breed rookoos, you will need a ginger elixir. this can be purchased from the shop, crafted in the workshop, or (rarely) found during scavenging. you may also add a clover elixir if you wish, which guarantees a five-egg nest.

to submit a breeding request, post this completed form on the main thread; if breeding with another user, they must quote your post in a reply to confirm. you will then receive your nest, which will hatch shortly after.

[center][size=150][i][b]love is in the air![/b][/i][/size]
[b]user #1:[/b]
[b]rookoo #1:[/b]
[b]user #2:[/b]
[b]rookoo #2:[/b]
[/center]

Last edited by scribblefoxx on Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 16 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reflecting pool

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 pm

this is a quiet, serene place for your rookoos to rest and relax. the surface of the water is so still that it mirrors your rookoo's face perfectly, and it causes them to think hard about their life. perhaps they reflect on their past experiences, feeling a little older, a little more mature... or perhaps they realize they still have so much ahead of them, and they feel a little younger, a little more lively...

rookoos have three life stages: hatchling, adult, and elder. here, you can use elixirs - purchased, crafted, or very rarely found during scavenging - to change your rookoo between the three. this will give you a new image of your rookoo using a different base; it will also change their abilities on activities. a sage elixir will age your rookoo up, and a thyme elixir will age them down.

[size=150][b][i]lots to think about...[/b][/i][/size]
[b]rookoo ID:[/b]
[b]current life stage:[/b]
[b]desired life stage:[/b]
[b]elixir used:[/b]
Last edited by scribblefoxx on Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am, edited 17 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

studio

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:31 pm

a cluttered yet comfortable space to take raw materials and craft them into useable items. your rookoo eagerly jams together the sticks Image, stones Image, leaves Image, and flowers Image that they’ve found in their adventures and somehow turns them into… some sort of stew? how does that work??

sage elixir
ages your rookoo up once (from hatchling to adult, or adult to elder)
Image x 15, Image x 15

thyme elixir
ages your rookoo down once (from elder to adult, or adult to hatchling)
Image x 15, Image x 15

clover elixir
guarantees a five-egg nest (must be used with ginger elixir)
Image x 30

thistle elixir
doubles the amount of raw materials your rookoo brings back on their next activity
Image x 5

[size=150][b][i]let’s get crafty![/b][/i][/size]
[b]item(s) creating:[/b]
[b]total material cost:[/b]

tucked away in one corner of the studio is a clutch of abandoned rookoo eggs - their shells, which would typically be brightly patterned, are strangely blank. surrounding them are some bristlehair brushes and various dyes made of plants and flowers, and suddenly the plain egg seems like a wonderful canvas. maybe if you're able to find a rosemary elixir, you could help one of these little guys to hatch?

filling out the below form will take one rosemary elixir from your inventory, and spawn a new hatchling rookoo that is designed to your specifications. you can provide as much or as little detail as you would like. please note that rookoos cannot be designed after existing copyrighted characters, unless it is a character you own - in which case, please link the character's reference in the design notes.

[size=150][b][i]let's paint an egg![/b][/i][/size]
[b]color palette:[/b]
[b]pattern or design:[/b]
[b]other notes:[/b]

Last edited by scribblefoxx on Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

market & fallen star

Postby scribblefoxx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:32 pm

a humble hollow where you can trade your stars Image to receive elixirs with many strange abilities.
ginger elixir
allows two rookoos to breed
Image x 30

rosemary elixir
allows for the creation of a custom rookoo at the studio
Image x 50

strawberry elixir
it's unclear what this one does... want to take the risk?
Image x 50

[size=150][i][b]i'd like to buy something![/b][/i][/size]
[b]item(s) purchased[/b]:
[b]total star cost[/b]:

at the edge of the forest, in an ancient crater overgrown with moss and ferns, lies a strange glowing meteorite with shining objects strewn about - they look like they would make a great addition to your rookoo’s collection! perhaps you can make a trade?

here you can exchange any five materials, found in adventuring, for one star by using the form below. you can also buy stars outright using C$ or CS pets. to make a star purchase, send a trade with payment and i will total your stars and add them to your inventory. the value chart can be found here.

[size=150][i][b]ooh, shiny![/b][/i][/size]
[b]materials given[/b]:

Last edited by scribblefoxx on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 am, edited 20 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

activities

each rookoo you own may participate in an activity once per week; rollover is 12am CST on wednesdays.

scavenging
adult rookoos are quite the nimble scavengers, and their excellent senses of hearing and smell allow them to find all sorts of goodies! you may send your adult rookoo scavenging once per week, and they will bring back various materials Image Image Image that can be used for crafting, with a rare chance at complete items as well!

discovering
hatchling rookoos are endlessly curious, and love to explore the new world all around them. you can send your hatchling rookoo out once per week for a small amount of materials Image Image Image, plus some flowers Image - and the chance to bring a new friend back home with them!

meditating
elder rookoos have years of life experience behind them, and are wise to the ways of the world. once per week they may meditate near the reflecting pool, which will send ripples out into the universe, and draw in some stars Image for you to collect!

[size=150][i][b]time for adventure![/b][/i][/size]
[b]rookoo ID/link:[/b]
[b]adventure type:[/b]
[b]elixir used, if any:[/b]

achievements are awarded for a variety of actions, and all involve an item prize in addition to bragging rights. some are given for completing routine tasks, others are for more ambitious goals, and others are a complete mystery! once earned, an achievement will be added to your profile on the masterlist, and you are also free to add it to your personal archive, signature, toyhouse page, etc, so long as it links back to this thread.

achievements cannot be bought, sold, traded, given away, etc. they must be earned. some types of achievements, such as those involving breeding, can be awarded to two users at the same time.

[ achievements coming soon! ]

Last edited by scribblefoxx on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am, edited 13 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

history, archive & affiliates

[ archive ]

ImageImageImage
101 / 102 / 103
ImageImageImage
104 / 105 / 106
ImageImageImage
107 / 108 / 109
ImageImageImage
110 / 111 / 112
ImageImageImage
113 / 114 / 115
ImageImageImage
116 / 117 / 118
ImageImageImage
119 / 120 / 121
ImageImageImage
122 / 123 / 124
ImageImageImage
125 / 126 / 127
ImageImageImage
128 / 129 / 130

ImageImageImage
901 / 902 / 903
ImageImage
904 / 905

Image ImageImage
001 / 002 / 003
ImageImageImage
004 / 005 / 006
ImageImage
007 / 008

03.23.24 fifth clutch (#126 - #130) is released.
    03.13.24 the roost thread is created for player co-op posts.
    02.28.24 the market update. fourth clutch (#121 - #125) and first store clutch (#901 - #905) are released.
    12.17.23 third clutch (#116 - #120) is released.
    11.21.23 second clutch (#111 - #115) is released.
    10.21.23 the rookoo uma opens, and the first adoptable clutch (#101 - #110) is released.
    09.25.23 cs thread is created & work continues.
    09.04.23 the redesign of the species begins, and plans are made for the uma thread.
    03.23.15 the original species, then called roukus, is created.

[ affiliates ]
please let me know if you'd like to be affiliates & i'll link to your species here!

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4900642][img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/characters/23945867?1697597479[/img][/url]

Last edited by scribblefoxx on Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:56 am, edited 23 times in total.
scribblefoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me