💥 CrazyCats - A Cat Genetics Game! 💥

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

💥 CrazyCats - A Cat Genetics Game! 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:55 pm

Please note that CrazyCat's is being worked on! You can post and participate at this time, but not every feature is completed yet.

Welcome to CrazyCat's! Also referred to as CC, CrazyCat's is a genetics-based cat breeding game. Start with a singular feline, and breed your way up through the generations to get new genes, new family trees, and explore what the world has to offer! Of course, CrazyCat's isn't solely based on genetics. Raise show cats to put in shows, explore the landscape for new items or cats, adopt cats from shelters- and more! Find out what CrazyCat's has to offer below!

• Main Thread • Basic Item ShopGenetics Guide
The ShelterBankBreeding DenExploring • Accessory Shop (WIP) • Shows (WIP) •

1. Before participating, you need to sign up.
xxxx • Create a thread in the Character Storage forum.
xxxx •This thread should include your Username, an optional Cattery name, your total cats ever owned (0, as of now), your current cats owned (0, as of now), how many Coin's you have (0, as of now), and your user ID (N/A, for now) and a link back to this post. These numbers are important.
xxxx • Whenever you get a cat, please include a link back to the post you got them. This is for archiving reasons.
xxxx • You can have, at max, five CrazyCat's in your cattery. Of course, this is until you upgrade! Please view the EXPLORE page.
xxxx • Fill out the following form when you are finished reading everything!
Code: Select all
[b]I'm ready to play CrazyCats![/b]
Storage Thread Link: [i]insert[/i]
Optional Cattery Name: [i]insert[/i]
You consent to the rest of the rules: [i]insert[/i]
Starter Cat or 20 Coin Cat? (Rule Three): [i]insert[/i]

2. This game uses line-art created by me, Skarrred. You may not use this line-art anywhere not on CS without permission. If you use this line-art anywhere on CS that is not including CrazyCat's, please link back to this post. (This includes signatures, non-CrazyCat's storage, etc.)

3. In order to get anything other than the default starter cat (solid black shorthair, (LL / Bb / Xo- / DD / aa / McMc / spsp / tata / CC / ww)) you must pay a Starting Fee of 20 coins. View this post. to find out how to get coins! Of course, it's totally okay to just get the default cat! You'll start off on your journey the same way.

Come back Later!
Last edited by Skarrred on Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

💥 CrazyCats - Shop 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:57 pm

CrazyCat's use the currency coins. You can get coin's by exploring, selling cats, winning shows, sponsors, etc.! Another way to get coin's is by trading in C$ for them.
1C$ = 5 coins.
I may also accept pets- send me a trade offer, and I will look through it. I'll remove any pets I don't accept, give you an offer of coins, and you can accept or decline!

VIEW THE BANK: Click!

ITEMS
Shop items will be added as time goes on. Please be patient! If you have an item idea, let me know!

Bait : 30 coins
When you go exploring next, you can use this bait to ensure you find a cat. If you stack bait, you'll get a rarer genetic-coded feline.
Metal Detector : 15 coins
When you go exploring next, you can use the metal detector to ensure you find some type of item.
Catnip : 50 coins
Used to pair two cats together. They will have a litter with 1-6 kittens. Some kittens may be born with defects (good and bad), be stillborn, etc. Special Note: No need to buy this before pairing cats; unless you have one in your inventory, 50 coins will be subtracted from your account. Find more information on breeding here. Click me!
Herbs : 10 coins
Used when pairing two cats together: you can choose whether the pairing has all male or female kittens. If x3 herbs are used, you may choose each kitten's gender after the kittens are born. If x5 herbs are used, all kittens will live. If x8 herbs are used, you may choose how many kittens are in the litter. These effects stack, but you can remove any effect if you were to use x8 herbs but didn't want to choose the kittens gender, etc!

Last edited by Skarrred on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

💥 CrazyCats - Genetics Guide 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:59 pm

What are genetics?
Genetics are what make up a cat's genotype. They decide what a cat looks like, basically. Whether their fur is long or short, whether a tabby or a solid cat, etc!
Dominant Genes are capitalized letters. A cat only needs one copy of the gene to express it.
Recessive genes are lowercase letters. In order to express a recessive gene, the cat needs two copies of the gene.
(Ll)
That is an allele. Simpler than you think. In this case, this allele decides what the cats fur length is. Each letter is a chromosome- but keep in mind that some chromosomes can have more than one letter. (For example, mcmc has two chromosomes, not four. mc is one chromosome!) The capital letter, L, is dominant over the lowercase letter, l. This means that this cat is shorthaired, because the L dominant gene decides that. If the cat was ll instead of Ll, it would be longhaired.
Of course, it's okay not to understand this. It took me awhile to, as well!

Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

💥 CrazyCats - Customs 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:59 pm

🐾 Work in Progress. Check back later! 🐾
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

💥 CrazyCats - Staff 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Owner
Skarrred
N/A
Artist
N/A
Trial Mod.
N/A
Guest Artist
N/A
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

💥 CrazyCats - Affiliates 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm

Message Skarrred if you'd like to be Affiliated with CrazyCat's!
Skarrred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

💥 CrazyCats - Reserved 💥

Postby Skarrred » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:02 pm

Reserved!
Skarrred