[Haven] starwritten —— DNP/closed!!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

[Haven] starwritten —— DNP/closed!!

Postby Adamented » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:39 am

Haven
starwritten

Lore
Formation.
Haven was built in the wake of chaos and fear, the order was forged in an unforgiving post-apocalyptic world where human kind's once dominating structures have been reclaimed by natural forces of the world. Cats from every walk of life, whether as strays or pets, had to adapt to a new way of life without mankind and came to rely on one another.
Those that came together in the order that Haven originally was decreed that to survive the coming struggles and stand against future turmoil, they would unite the felines of the world and form great imperial factions. These factions were risen in the image of The Great Ghost, who forged Haven after surviving the apocalyptic tragedies that proceeded it.

The Empire.
Within any given Haven cats refer to one another by name but outsiders refer to individuals by their Haven and their rank, for example "seventh commander" or "third tempest". Haven as a whole is known to be somewhat elitist, favoring the high ranking and those born to well-established lineages. It is an imperfect coalition made in the ambitious and arrogant goal of grasping a flawless solution to the chaos and discordance of the time.

Leadership.
Before their passing, The Great Ghost made clear how succession would be handled. In their absence, rather than bearing an heir or choosing a successor, each faction would appoint a leader to represent them on Haven's council. These leaders are referred to as Ghosts in honor of the founder of Haven, who claimed a council was the best way to maintain balance since no single being could be trusted to resist corruption the way they had over their many years of life.

This is an activity thread for minigames and random events and the like associated with the original Haven, which has had a revamp in the works for the last three years. It does not follow typical Warrior Cat convention and is not a clan simulator.

Transfers are allowed, please privately contact me if you would like your Oekaki Haven starter transferred to the pixel art here to participate in this game.
News
02/15/'19
The Original Oekaki
opened publically

──────────────

08/07/'18
Original Concept
Staff

Adamented

───» Owner & Artist

Are you an artist?

───Applications are
open!

We have moderator
applications
open as
well!
Image Rules Image
» Above all else, treat everyone around you with respect
» Follow all of Chickensmoothie's rules
» Be a good sport
Do not complain publically, if you have any kind of problem here please contact me or a moderator
Drama has absolutely no place in any public domain and should be discussed privately at all times if at all

» No advertising
All self-promotion unrelated to Haven violates this rule, please ask if you're unsure
» Official Haven threads are for Haven content only, do not discuss other ARPGs
» Always credit and link to artists
This applies to any and all art posted on official Haven threads, including official references and paid art
» Discord roleplay does not carry over
Roleplay on the server is for fun only, all official roleplay, prompt roleplay, or task roleplay needs to be done on Chickensmoothie where links can be provided
» Do not change or transfer Haven designs or artwork
Any special exceptions that allow design transfers must be discussed with me personally
» Official Haven lore should be in consideration whenever creating content here
This is not a Warrior Cats Clan simulator, do not use any Warrior Cats or Erin Hunter conventions such as naming patterns or position names, this will be treated as plagiarism in this community
» Official concepts of Haven are my intellectual property, reproduction or copying is a breach of copyright law
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Getting Started

Postby Adamented » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Image Getting Started Image
ImageGetting a starter.
Because Haven: starwritten is not a clan simulator,
we don't call your first cat a "founder", as they are
the cat you start with we call them "starters".

There are two ways to acquire a starter:
Request one with the form below or adopt one.
Request Form
Please fully read the rules for requesting before
you post your request form.

Image Each design is made unique. Do not use a
starter that was not designed for you!
ImageKeep your request simple. We use real genetics,
this guide will provide options for you, you can only
choose from the colored background frames and
white spotting patterns in the blue outlined frame.
Any options listed in red text are not allowed.
Image Where the form asks for gender, specify what they
were designated at birth. Cats can be any gender,
but only opposite birth genders can have kittens.
Image If your form has not been claimed, check that it
has been filled out completely and properly, quote
your post if you need to make edits.
Image Scars are allowed. They must be small or medium
and cannot be a lost limb, tail, ear, or eye.
Basically cannot require a line edit.

Code: Select all
[center][color=#004080]
[size=50][b]form #7827837-1[/b][/size]
[size=85][b]username ||[/b] text
[b]chosen name ||[/b] text
[b]given name ||[/b] text
[b]d.a.b. gender ||[/b] molly/tom
[b]gender ||[/b] text
[b]age ||[/b] 2-16 years
[b]appearance ||[/b] (according to the chart
given above. must have accurate
eye color. can also request random
and discern other details afterward)
[b]other ||[/b] small scar/other
[b]comments ||[/b] text[/size]
[/color][/center]

Adopting a starter
Because of the special design rules in place when
making starters, you can only adopt a cat as your
starter if it is listed as a new owner contest.

Image Follow the rules of the individual contest. The
contests typically have original prompts requiring a
minimum of 100 words of writing or one art piece to
enter, if you don't follow the contest's rules you won't
be considered during judging.
Image A non-starter cannot be won as a starter. This
means you must only enter the appropriate contests
to try to win a starter, you'll be disqualified if you
enter for a non-starter and do not own at least one
cat already.
Image Contests for starters will be clearly labeled.
If a contest does not specify it is for new players
only, then it is not for new players at all. You'll
know if a cat is available to adopt as a starter!
ImageTracking your progress.
You'll need to make a thread in this board to get started, this will be your 'progress thread'!

The point of a progress thread is to make moderation and progressing easy and organized. A couple of things your progress thread must have are outlined below. You can shape your posts and thread as you please but you're also welcome to use or build off the example I've provided!

Image "[Haven]" must be in the thread's title.
Image Your first post must link back to the main thread.
Image Each of your characters must have their own post.
This can be in addition to a compiled post of all your characters.
Image The first post must have your rank requirements.
Image You must have an easily accessible section for progression tasks.
Each should be separated by their rank and link to the complete task.
Image A record of your inventory.

Example
ImagePlayer rank and progression.
At certain points in your play, you'll be required to complete progression tasks to acquire any new characters or participate in any new events.

Rank A — 1 cat max
Image Receive a starter [adopted or requested]
Image Create a progression thread
Image Write about where your starter feels most at home [100+ words]

Rank B — 5 cats max
Image Write about an interaction between two or more of your characters that describes their relationship indirectly [150+ words]

Rank C — 10 cats max
Image Write about one of your characters' reputations with an outside Haven [200+ words]

Rank D — 15 cats max
Image Roleplay with another player [5+ posts each, 500+ words per post]

Rank E — 20 cats max
Image Maintain a roleplay with another player [10+ posts each, 500+ words per post]

Rank F — 25 cats max
Image Participate in an official roleplay thread [10+ nonconsecutive posts]
Image Give all your characters a personality and history [150+ words each]

Additional ranks will be added as needed...
ImageGameplay.

The passing of time.
Time passes differently in this game. To get a quick understanding for it, here's a chart!

Real time || In-game time

1 week || 1 month
3 weeks || 1 season
3 months || 1 year
1 year || 4 years
Activity points.
Activity points (AP) are a basic resource required to participate in the game. Different activities have different costs, which are outlined in the Activities post with the activities themselves.

Activity points are basically like the communal pool of energy your characters all share, it is typically earned by sending out characters to hunt but can be acquired randomly from other activities as well.

Hunting
The different prey you pick up give you a different number of AP, as outlined below. Hunting parties must consist of a minimum of one character and a maximum of seven, you can send out multiple parties but each party must have characters from only one Haven.

small rodent = 1 ap
small reptile/amphibian = 2 ap
small fish = 3 ap
small bird = 3 ap
medium rodent = 3 ap
medium reptile/amphibian = 5 ap
medium fish = 5 ap
medium bird = 5 ap

Group hunting parties of five or more also have a small chance of bringing in "large kill", which will be a triggered event requiring you to make a decision. This is because there is a chance of injury or death when pursuing large prey that does not occur in basic hunting situations.

large rodent = 6 ap
large reptile/amphibian = 7 ap
large fish = 8 ap
large bird = 9 ap
young stock = 10 ap
young beast = 12 ap

Here, young stock refers to cow calves, deer fawn, sheep ewes, or other herbivores, and young beast refers to fox pups, wolf pups, bear cubs, or other predators' young. Both are extremely rare occurrences and are very likely to be fatal, typically prompting a second choice event that will allow you to have your party abandon the attempt to avoid any further damage.

Injury and Illness
Every Haven has a Tempest and their Novice, a healer and their healer in training. These characters are owned by players in the community and are maintained for a window of time, before another player's character may assume their position. When characters are injured or ill, they may have to occupy the Tempest's den for some time.

Diagnosis
If you own a Tempest, you must expend AP to diagnose a character. Tempest Novices can do this as well, though it is more difficult. Diagnosing a character will allow you to heal them faster since you'll know which herbs to find, otherwise minor and major afflictions will have a chance to persist after you attempt to heal them. Fatal afflictions cannot be diagnosed by a Novice, who do not have the training to treat serious illness or injury.
minor = 2 AP (+1 for Novice)
major = 5 AP (+3 for Novice)
fatal = 8 AP

Injuries and Illnesses
minor injury = 5 AP
minor illness = 6 AP
major injury = 10 AP
major illness = 12 AP

In rare cases, a fatal illness or injury can be cured, though the conditions for this are very specific. You'll need twice as much of each medicinal herb required for typical treatment and must expend a large sum of AP.

fatal injury = 18 AP
fatal illness = 20 AP

Ghosts, who have nine lives, cannot be cured of fatal afflictions.

Tempests
If you own the Tempest character in your Haven, when a player submits AP to have their character healed, you get to keep half (rounded down) for yourself to aid your Tempest in searching for herbs and diagnosing. You do not have to diagnose everyone who puts in a request, but it does make the task go by faster. It requires you to expend AP yourself. If your Tempest has a Novice, gathering and diagnosing takes -1 AP and the Novice gains +1 AP for assumed participation. They do not get AP when they perform the actions themselves, but the Tempest gets +2 AP every time the Novice succeeds in diagnosing or healing a character. If the Novice fails an attempt, however, the Tempest will have -2 AP taken from them.

Last edited by Adamented on Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Navigation

Postby Adamented » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:24 pm

Image Navitagion Image
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Activities

Postby Adamented » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Image Activities Image
Last edited by Adamented on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archives

Postby Adamented » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Image Archives Image
Adamented