Gear Deer - V2 is here!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Gear Deer - Litter 20 CD + Litter 21

Postby helena moonshadow » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:11 am

savor_the_moment wrote:Oh deer, after college I lost interest in this. That’s how I work though, I hyperfixate for a while then move on! I really hope everyone had fun with it while it was going. It was a TON of work! Is there any interest in a Gear Deer V2? I’ll be using the same sprites but a new thread and archive. You will be able to move over all deer/companions/items/gears.

I'm very interested I love gear deer and still use them in my signature!
helena moonshadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gear Deer - Litter 20 CD + Litter 21

Postby Savor » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:14 am

helena moonshadow wrote:
savor_the_moment wrote:Oh deer, after college I lost interest in this. That’s how I work though, I hyperfixate for a while then move on! I really hope everyone had fun with it while it was going. It was a TON of work! Is there any interest in a Gear Deer V2? I’ll be using the same sprites but a new thread and archive. You will be able to move over all deer/companions/items/gears.

I'm very interested I love gear deer and still use them in my signature!

I'm so happy to see that! I'm currently reworking Gear Deer because it was not originally worth my time. It will take some time to get up and rerunning again but it is on my list of things to hyperfixate about rn!
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gear Deer - V2 Coming!

Postby Savor » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:58 am

V2 can be found here!
I will be requesting to close this thread!

To answer some questions you may have:

Why did Gear Deer V1 end?
After graduating college, I landed a great full-time job! I no longer had time to take care of GD, so it closed. Thanks to the current mods for trying to keep it afloat!

Why did GD need a V2?
Since it's been such a long time in-between V1 and V2, we need to separate between active and inactive users. Plus, I just wanted a a blank slate!

What is different from V1 to V2?
Mainly, the value of a gear. The old GD took a LOT of time and I want V2 to be worth my time!

Can I transfer my things from V1 over to V2?
Of course! Just post your old archive link and I will put it in the new archive. If it is not up to date, please let me know what needs to be changed! The old archive can be found here.

Can I still use my V1 GD even if I don't transfer it over to V2?
Of course! You only need to transfer over your things if you plan to continue to participate.

Can I still be a mod in V2 if I was a mod in V1?
Yes, I welcome the help! Just PM me to discuss it!
Savor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me