|| avesauria || a 'dinosaur' sim - hiatus

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

|| avesauria || a 'dinosaur' sim - hiatus

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 am

news wrote:
      hello everyone, i'm going to be fully honest with you. i wasn't as ready as i thought i was to start avesauria, and especially now with the art discomfort i'm experiencing, it's even more apparent. so i am going to take a step back from avesauria for a while.
      this absolutely does not mean that avesauria is done for !! it just means i am going to develop them a lot more before pressing forward with the new adopts and the new stuff that's up and coming !! this includes finding a new way to calculate stats, updating the linearts (i am displeased with them smh), doing lines for ALL avesaurs, giving the currency a lineart, adding items etc, and also updating the story and applying it to the thread.
      i really hope you can be patient with me as i set about doing this !! there's a lot of things i need to do to be comfortable with getting these up and running again. for everyone's convenience, i will put a checklist here so you can see where i'm at and where avesauria will be heading !!

thank you so much everyone !! it's been fun this month or so i've been trying to handle it, but i do need to take a step back.
      staff hiring will probably occur sometime near the end of this period, if anyone is interested !! keep an eye out, i will make a post.
      thank you !!

THE CHECKLIST :
- new lines for avesauria (all aves, currency, new items, egg batches)
- story updates
- new method for calculating stats (any programmers out there that can maybe help me out?)
- update all pages with relevant information (finish battle / explore / etc. page)
- draw backgrounds, images, etc. where relevant (exploration, battle, facility, etc.)

"hello, and welcome to the ARK project !! my name is dr. culpepper, and i'm one of the many scientists behind this man-made marvel you're about to see. i don't know what convinced you to fly the hundreds or thousands of miles to the deep of south america, but you certainly won't be sorry !!"
a middle aged woman with cropped hair greets you as you step out of your Jeep, fresh off the plane. So far, everything has been... rather low technology. the strip was dirt and the road here was dirt, and the jungle is ever-present. you wonder if this whole thing was just a big scam, but it's too late to back out now. you've agreed to run a farm for dinosaurs, and you're feeling pretty determined to do just that.
the woman dips her head in one direction, then starts walking. you follow, prepared to be unimpressed, but the sight that crosses your eyes is far more than you were expecting. the jungle has been tamed here, and a glistening steel and glass building stands in front of you, the only sign of civilization so far. it's a pretty impressive view, and all of a sudden you remember why you had trusted that offer to come out. these people knew what they were doing.
"i know everything so far has seemed... odd, but we have to work hard to protect our intellectual property. we don't want it.. slipping into the wrong hands, do we?" dr. culpepper seems unfazed as she walks through the front doors, which are flanked by two heavily armed guards and a small ceiling mounted turret. they glare at you as you go by, but don't stop you.
the inside is full of fantastic and mysterious technology, and a lot of oddities. there are vials full of liquid all over the place, and many scientists scrambling back and forth with a job to do and an intent to do it. you catch a brief glimpse of what look like eggs being shuffled off to another part of the facility. how big is this place?
"as you can see, we're always working to produce new species, and i suppose we always will be, ha. there's never a dull moment at the ARK building !! now, if you please, i suggest going to my left here and filling out a farmer's application. your position is almost guaranteed, we just need to make sure that you have read everything and understand exactly what you're getting into by becoming a farmer here. i'm sure it'll be fine. or, you can go to our records room and have a look at our history !! just.. don't go anywhere you're not supposed to. the guards don't like that." dr. culpepper gives you a misplaced smile, before a beep in her pocket snaps her attention away. "okay, i have work to do. good luck, and have fun !!"

there are two directions you can go in now... do you head to the applications or do you have a look at the records room?
Last edited by byyrde on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria rules ||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 am

staff
byyrde - owner / artist
pancreas - co-owner / moderator
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
      please follow the rules !! thank you !!

- do not spam the thread.
      - please be kind and courteous to everyone who posts here, especially moderators, etc.
      - do NOT steal other people's avesaurs. i keep a record of who owns what, and if i find out you will have any aves that belong to you revoked and you will be blacklisted.
      - please do NOT upload your avesaurs in other places. i keep the image files on their own website and i would prefer it stay that way.
      ---- however, if you want to make art of your avesaur, you are free to upload the art wherever you like !!
      - do not make your own avesaurs.
      - if you plan on gifting, trading or selling your avesaurs, you MUST submit forms. do not do this without permission !!
      - please follow any rules that are attached to an egg release.
      - you can only adopt once every three releases, and only one egg per release !!
if you have any questions, please message me !! i am happy to answer any and all questions !!
strikes
nothing here yet, let's keep it like that !
bans
nothing here yet, let's keep it like that !
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria farmer's application ||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:09 am

to become an official ARK farmer, you must apply here !! these forms are always accepted, unless i think there's a problem which i will gladly work out with you !!

when you are accepted, you will receive the following -
      - a post on the archive
      - a level one farm, including unique farm name
      - one paddock
      - 250 chips
to apply, PLEASE read everything here !! feel free to read the rest of the thread as well to understand even more about the avesaurs !!
Code: Select all
[center][color=#7D964D][b]ARK PROJECT :: Farmer's Application[/b][/color]
[color=#7D964D][b] Userame :: [/b][/color]
[color=#7D964D][b]Farmer Name ::[/b][/color]
[color=#7D964D][b]Farm Name ::[/b][/color]

[color=#7D964D][b]Did you read all rules/farm guidelines?[/b][/color][/center]

example application:

ARK PROJECT :: Farmer's Application
Userame :: byyrde
Farmer Name :: byyrde (can be a nickname or just your username, it's just what we'll call you on the thread !!)
Farm Name :: avesauria farm (this MUST be unique to each farmer !! if you're having trouble coming up with one, i will help you !!)

Did you read all rules/how to start a farm?
yes !!
Last edited by byyrde on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria egg release ||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 am

at the back of the ARK facility is a large dome, filled with numerous jungle vegetation. it's a rich environment, and the perfect temperature for young avesaurs and avesaur eggs. here, the ARK scientists provide eggs, which farmers can raise into avesaurs !!

in honor of the cs jungle event, these aves are based on jungle animals !!
egg 1. male chickenraptor
egg 2. female chickenraptor
egg 3. female gallirunner
egg 4. female gallirunner
egg 5. male compecker

- only one egg per person
- if you are not yet a farmer but want to become one, you may apply to be a farmer and apply for the egg in the same post
- preexisting farmers without eggs have first priority in a close call !!

[color=#7D964D][b]ARK PROJECT :: Egg Release 003[/b][/color]
Farmer Name ::
Farm Name ::
Egg Number ::
Avesaur Name ::
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:54 am, edited 11 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria abandoned avesaurs||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:25 am

sometimes, owners don't want their avesaurs, or they are taken away due to unfortunate circumstances. at the same time, eggs that are bred but the owners decide not to keep or give away can be found here, where they are offered up to anyone who fills out a form.

nothing here yet !!
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria quartermastery ||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:35 am

welcome to the ARK quartermastery !! although, you can also call it the shop. this outdoor section of the main ARK lab is where new inventions and farm upgrades can be bought.

what kinds of inventions are there ?? these include items your avesaur can wear, that can either affect their stats or just look good. there are also different kinds of treats and edibles, that may give your aves a temporary (but powerful!) boost

what kinds of upgrades for farms ?? there are two things you can do; one, you can purchase more paddocks, so you have space for more avesaurs !! you can purchase up to eight paddocks for your farm, which equals 120 avesaurs !! that's a lot of aves :o
there are also different levels to farms !! each farm level unlocks new types of avesaurs, as it requires a more experienced farmer to handle the ones at higher levels. each level unlocks two new paddocks that you can purchase !!

all purchases are done using chips !! if you're low on chips, look below to purchase more :>

NEW INVENTIONS wrote:nothing yet !! check back later !!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FARM UPGRADES wrote:2nd paddock : 500 chips
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria hold post ||chip dispensary

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 am

welcome to the chip dispensary !! this is where you can trade in for more chips, to allow you to expand your farm !!

1 omgsc - 1 vc :: 25 chips
1 c :: 50 chips
1 uc :: 75 chips
1 r :: 100 chips
1 vr :: 500 chips
1 omgsr :: 5000 chips + 250 chips a month for life !!

none of the pets have to be wishlist !!

if the pet is a dragon, cow, camel or chicken designed by lilian nightshade, you will receive +25 chips !!
if the pet is a lilian nightshade store pet, you will receive +100 chips !!

i'm sorry if this looks a little ugly right now !! just trying to get it all down, then pretty it up later qvq
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria stamps and affiliations ||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:12 am

interested in affiliating with avesauria, or just want to show off some ave swag in your signature ?? look no further !! these stamps will do the job ;;

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3861207][img]https://avesauria.weebly.com/uploads/8/9/0/5/89055858/000-avesauria-button_orig.png[/img][/url]

our affiliates ;;
oh no !! there's no one here !! if you're interested in affiliating with avesauria, send me a pm !! :>
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| avesauria hold post ||

Postby byyrde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:12 am

there's nothing here yet !! weird.
byyrde