DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open!

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:58 am

note to self: design by Eleya ■■■ linearts: original img lineart revamp lineart ■■■ revamp lineart artist x

paintingeveryfenceiknow
Username: RupturedRaptor
Kennel Number: 70
Species: Lab made Raptor ( failed Velociraptor - V. osmolskae x unknown hybrid reconstruction )
Use: To use in my 'We Made Monsters' setting where Darya will be one of the escaped experiments.

Name: Darya
Subject size: no more than 1 metre tall
and just over 2 metres long (from head to tail).
[approximately 3 feet high, 7 feet long]

!Warning!: If subject is found, please
kill immediately. Approaching subject is a
risk to your life and equipment. Please
return body (if able to be retrieved) to the
nearest lab hunt facility. A large reward
will be given for the return of this subject's
body, if it is mostly intact.

Personality:
(this has been written as if someone else is attempting to document Daryas behaviour)

The subject has been observed to display extremely violent behaviour and appears to be unpredictable in behaviour on first observation. It is recommended individuals keep a large distance away from the subject if seen. If observed for a length of time individuals may realise this subject lives by a set of patterns. The patterns the subject lives by are almost identical to the patterns it lived by under laboratory conditions, although the excess of space has eliminated most pacing related behaviours. It appears when approached the subject will resume its pacing behaviours and we suspect that the subject will pace back and fourth whenever angered or put under a certain level of stress.

The aggressive behaviours were initially believed to be in act of defence, however we now suspect that the subject is unnecessarily violent in practically all encounters. The subject was observed to kill or injure other subjects it had come into contact with, which was a behaviour unique to this subject. The subject's capability is rather impressive considering its size. Other hybrid velociraptor subjects have been observed to cooperate using pack like behaviour. This subject is the only hybrid from this line of experiments who display solitary behaviour and instant aggression to every encounter. The slight inaccuracies of this subjects reconstruction may be responsible for the subjects odd behaviour. The subject hunts primarily smaller prey but appears confident enough to challenge anything in its path that it dislikes.

The subject has been observed to be capable of basic tool use, which has rarely been observed amongst subjects that were not created specifically to have high intelligence. The subject has been seen to pick up weaponry left by hunters and has on once occasion been documented using a long gun to knock over another velociraptor hybrid subject. (This account was admittedly comic in how it occurred, but the video evidence collected is perhaps only a small spoiler into what this subject is capable). The subject is suspected to take at least a mild enjoyment from its obsessively violent behaviours. It has been seen on multiple occasions to play with its food, dead or alive.

Common patterns & other observations:
- Searching for entertainment, be it a basic puzzle ( of a difficulty that some birds may be able to solve. human level puzzles have been given to the subject and at most it can only partly solve them), fighting with another individual or tossing around a prey item [these unfortunate prey items are either left and not eaten or stores somewhere if it is winter]. This search often occurs shortly after eating and will normally continue until the subject finds something to do or becomes too tired and gives up. The subject appears to be rather persistent. This behaviour occurs less in winter, likely as the subject is trying to conserve energy. At times like the summer when the subject appears to thrive this behaviour occupies most of its day.

- Walking in 5 circles before lying down. it is unknown why the subject does this, but the subject always makes 5 circles, even if injured. It may also be notable that the subject likes to lie down in a 'nest' of sorts, especially if the subject is sleeping.

- Deliberate avoidance of subjects that displays equal violence to its own. It is the only occurrence when the subject will respect the presence of another being. Perhaps the subject just knows its matchups well, although this idea appears to be unlikely. It will challenge creatures that could obviously kill it almost instantly, even if it somehow miraculously survives or even wins these encounters it appears to be a slight illusion if the individuals strength.

- The subject will infact display dancing like behaviour to certain music. It appears to enjoy swing for some reason.

History:
Dayra was created in a laboratory. She was an early attempt at an V. osmolskae living reconstruction. Most of her body was referenced from V. mongoliensis and so she is actually a hybrid subject from the chain of laboratories attempting a wide range experiments, although her hybridisation was an accident. She survived to adulthood when within these laboratory conditions and she primarily lived in a small enclosure and fed lab created meat.

Dayra left the laboratories in the escape incident that released almost all subjects that were created. (it is suspected a scientist gone rogue released them, but no real proof has been recovered.) It took her a while to adapt to the new environment, however she adjusted within just over a year.

She stowed away on an evacuation ship and left the planet she was released on. She now lives in an area with an earth like habitat that is surprisingly good at sustaining her and other escaped subjects that managed to get away on that ship. (The security measures the ship took was minimal and lazy, and in total 100 to 200 subjects have been estimated to have escaped through these evacuation ships alone. other subjects were transported by individuals either looking to own some of the experiments as pets. One particular group of individuals try to protect the surviving subjects and have been known to attack hunters attempting to collect the bounties set on the escapees.

Dayras life has been filled with a lot of stress as she has spent the last few years fighting off hunters, which are her biggest threat. Her particular bounty is very generous if her body is returned, meaning she's has more than her fair share of encounters. One one occasion she teamed up with other velociraptor subjects to survive the attack of a group of professional hunters. Apart from this one occasion when her survival depended on it she has remained solitary, likely by habit of having lived her entire life solitary. She is violent towards anything that approaches her, likely as she doesn't know any better way of interacting with other living beings.

Dayra has had her share of life threatening encounters with other creatures as well as hunters. Being small it is surprising that she's survived alone.

With other creatures, lab escapees and hunters constantly putting her life under threat Dayra has spent every year since escaping in constant terror and danger. As a result most of the habits she developed in the small stressful space in the laboratory hasn't gone away and some behaviours have intensified. She spends her time seeking entertainment when she isn't trying to stay alive.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:01 am

paintingeveryfenceiknow
note to self: design by TheStrayCat on th

having to drop out for this character as i have too much college work right now (my class got our assesed assignment 2 weeks later than we were supposed to and they will not extend the deadline. :/ )
Username: RupturedRaptor
Kennel Number: 103
Species and/or Breed: Canine - mutt
Use: A gaurd dog of one of the lab facilities. He happened to be a gaurd of the lab that created Darya
Name: Jax
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
Last edited by Raptocidic on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:34 pm

The code drop date is now set to be October 1st! If anyone needs it to be later, just let me know <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoMoYA » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 pm

[img]CHARACTER'S%IMAGE%HERE[/img]
Username: Direwolf_1411225
Kennel Number: 4
Species and/or Breed: Cat
Use: her designs so cute, probably just a personal babe to love, maybe for roleplaying
Name: Jade
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
paintingeveryfenceiknow

Kennel Number: 47
Species and/or Breed:
Use:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
paintingeveryfenceiknow

Kennel Number: 91
Species and/or Breed: Anthro Wolf or Dog
Use:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
paintingeveryfenceiknow

[img ]url[/img]
Kennel Number: 81
Species and/or Breed: Husky Mix
Use: Secondary char and RPG character <333
Name: Caramel maybe? Or... idk
Personality: Caramel (?) is defensive and more closed off to strangers. He becomes sceptical when he meets new people, but once he gets to know them he’s your average loving dog. He will play games, let you pet him, and rub his face into your lap uwu
History: Caramel (?) was born in a shelter. His mother, a brown husky, was found in the streets, already pregnant from some random white mutt that she barely even knew. They took her in, unaware that she was pregnant. When she went into labour only a day or two later, the kennel was very unprepared and didn't do a great job delivering the puppies. Only four survived, the other three were lost due to unpreparedness in the delivery. The four puppies were nursed until they were old enough to drink water and eat. Then, the four were each put in their own stalls. The change was unexpected and Caramel (?) was scared. He was one moment sitting on a pillow drinking his mother’s milk beside his siblings, and the next he was on a cold cement floor with no sight of anyone. He looked up; the metal walls almost caving in on him. He felt small. He lived about a week in this condition. Sleeping on his surprisingly comfortable bed, waking up to the sound of the violent howls bouncing off the metal walls. He would wake up, eat the small portion of decently tasting food, race around barking, bored, eat again, and sleep. It was repetitive, and certainly not fun. One morning, something changed. Caramel (?) woke up and ate the food as usual, but about halfway into his boredom, a little girl and her moms came into the shelter, looking for a puppy. The girl looked at the puppies more; the moms kind of sat back and let the girl choose. The girl was maybe twelve, with long red braids that danced as she skipped along the halls of kennels. Her moms didn’t look anything like her. One of them had very dark eyes and hair with pale skin, and the other had light brown eyes and blonde hair. The girl actually settled on Caramel (?), unexpectedly enough. She slid her fingers between the bars on the door and whispered to him. He knew she was the one; there was a sort of special connection that any adopted dog or dog adoptee would understand. Caramel (?) made a little whimpery bark and wiggled up to the bars. The kennel worker came by with a set of keys; he opened the door and shot his hands in, sliding a strange unfamiliar piece of leather over his neck. At first it felt weird, but after a quick moment it felt comforting and safe, in a sense. The worker proceeded to pull him out of the cage, placing him in yet another cage— but this one was floating. The floating cage slowly moved out of the room, now in the possession of the girl. When the door opened, a bright light blinded Caramel (?). Where were they going?
Extra(s):
paintingeveryfenceiknow
。⋆🎀⋆。
🪦🕊️
。⋆🎀⋆。
˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
Art Fight ♡ Thoma irl

MoMoYA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:16 am

Bump!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:22 am

Username: Alckatraz
Kennel Number: 24
Species and/or Breed: Wolf
Use: May use him as character in the novel for teenagers I'm working on.
Name: Willka (pronounced "veel- kah"- means "sun in Aymara and "sacred" in Quechua language)
Personality: Willka is calm, kind and generous. He loves gifting and offering to help. He is energetic, enthusiastic and friendly. With a tempered personality and a sweet heart, he resembles the perfect companion to spend time with. Always there when someone is in need, Willka is always around to offer a helping paw. If you're having a bad day, he will know how to cheer you up.
History: Nobody knows exactly where did Willka come from. It is said that he was found and adopted by native tribes while he was little, others say that he was sent by the God of the Sun and Light himself, to enlighten the darkened souls around him. Unlike majority of canines, Willka is able to speak, not only in native languages, but also in any other known dialect or language, either ancient or a contemporaneous. Willka has the habit of painting his fur, exactly like Native Indians do sometimes. His pure heart guarantees him a very good relationship with humans and canines alike, no matter what species or nationalities they have. Willka is sometimes wearing an alpaca fur scarf, which has been given to him by the Incas. He is proudly showing up with it wrapped around his neck, as symbol of gratitude.
Extra(s): Thank you for the opportunity!
paintingeveryfenceiknow
Last edited by Alckatraz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 am

Username
sesquipedalian
Kennel Number
Use
Personal OC, friend
for another character
of mine!!
Name
Egypt
Species/Breed
Dog; Corgi

Personality wrote: Egypt has the kind of personality you'd think
to associate with a corgi; he's friendly and
somewhat bubbly, but don't say that last bit
to his face, because he's also very fierce
and hates being called anything he considers
remotely cute! While he may not pick a fight
with you for insulting him, he definitely will
if you insult any of his friends. He loves going
places with his pals Eron and Nyoxa (below),
and is often the friend who jokes around and
gets them all into (minor!) trouble.
Egypt is probably the most appreciative friend
you'll ever see, as he credits Eron for being at
all social and having any friends. He feels that
if it weren't for him, Egypt would just be sulking
at home, bemoaning his lonely circumstances.
History wrote: Back when Egypt was a young puppy, he was fairly lonely. Every attempt he made to make friends failed, as he seemed just a bit too excited and eager, and others didn't really like that. He grew used to being alone, until he decided to go to a farmer's market of sorts as a last-ditch attempt to fight back loneliness. While he was there, he came upon a stand selling paintings, where he met his soon-to-be best friend Eron, who would, in turn, introduce him to other friends, such as Nyoxa and Hera (another oc of mine).
When Egypt met Nyoxa, he was somewhat apprehensive, what with her being a cat, but he warmed up to her quickly. The first time they met was rather awkward though, because Eron set up the whole meeting, and Eron didn't give him any warning about her being there. Egypt first thought that Eron was replacing him, but soon realized that he was just trying to broaden the corgi's horizons (pun intended). Anyways, at first, Nyoxa seemed aloof and a bit cold, until they got onto the subject of Eron's art. As soon as she learned that Eron painted, she got excited and much more involved in the conversation, even going so far as to discuss some of her own art (which she keeps on the down-low for the most part). Needless to say, while Egypt was vaguely irritated with Eron for not letting him know, he was extremely glad that he met the feline, and the experience made him more friendly overall.
extras wrote:n/a, unable to get art

codeword wrote:paintingeveryfenceiknow

Username
sesquipedalian
Kennel Number
Use
Personal character; hoping to
get some more art of her O.O
Also a friend for ^
Name
Nyoxa
Species and/or Breed
Cat

Personality wrote: Nyoxa is a bit awkward, but an overall
loving friend. She enjoys stargazing, art, and chilling
with her friends, even though she's the only
feline in the group, which can lead to some pretty
heated arguments. Nyoxa won't hesitate to let you
know if she thinks something you said is messed up,
but she'll do it in the nicest way possible, as she
doesn't want any hurt feelings. She hates being
singled out for any reason, good or bad, and often
finds herself in situations where she doesn't know just
what to say or do. But when this happens, she tries
not to freak out, instead slowing down and taking the
time to sort out what exactly is going on. She has a
a few trust issues, but once you get on her good
side, you're there to stay!
History wrote: While Nyoxa tries to keep her personal life under wraps as much as possible, if she feels you need to know something about her, you won't be left out of the loop. She grew up one of two children, living with her mother and older brother. She was somewhat obviously their mother's favorite, and was always made to feel bad by her brother for "being such an attention hog," and not leaving any time for him. It got to the point where he would bully her, and if she brought it up to her mother, she was simply told to stop whining, or she wouldn't be her favorite anymore. Nyoxa eventually stopped caring what her mom thought and began standing up for herself, protecting herself from her brother.
A few years after Nyoxa distanced herself from her family, she met Eron and Egypt. She was kind of nervous, as the two of them were already friends, and she didn't want to intrude, but the guys accepted her into their group almost immediately after a very enthusiastic conversation about art. While she is more friends with Eron than Egypt, she still enjoys being with the latter, and they can be found hanging out all the time.

extras wrote:n/a, unable to get art

codeword wrote:paintingeveryfenceiknow
Last edited by _rιyα_ on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 am

bump!

@sesquipedalian - i see you still have the old code word in your form, you should change that to the new one so we see your forms when it's time to judge!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 am

♡User: Sunscratch
♡Kennel number: 23
♡Character's new name: I think I'll keep the name Reef ^^
♡Character's new gender: Female
♡Character's new age: 13
♡Character's new species: cat
♡Character's new personality: Lies around a lot, quite the couch potato. She's a smol cinna bun, but she will attack if needed.
♡Character's new traits: Great at per-swaying people, hates being alone, loves to play.
♡Character's story: Reef was walking down a Aruba beach. The sun glistened over the ocean. Something bright caught in Reef's view. Reef ran over to the shining object. It was a beautiful diamond! Reef snatched it up and carried back down the beach. Reef went back to her beach house set the diamond on her shelf. She awoke in the morning. She took the diamond outside to see how bright it could shine with the sunlight. But before she could do that she heard a tail splash in the water. She almost dropped the diamond! She quickly got a better grip on the diamond and ran over to where the tail splash was coming from. She saw something in the water It had a long and blue silvery fin, it was a purr-maid! Her beautiful tail was caught in a net! Reef ran over and tried to untangle it but It wouldn't budge. Then she realized she still had the diamond! The diamond had a sharp point on the end. She took the diamond and cut the net! The purr-maid was free at last. She gave Reef a hug then swam away. But when she was gone, there was a pearl necklace right a Reef's feet! The necklace a perfect spot to put the diamond in. She grabbed the necklace and put it on. It was beautiful! It made rainbow rays that reflected off of the diamond! What a day this was!!

paintingeveryfenceiknow
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 am

Sunlitsecrets wrote:bump!

@sesquipedalian - i see you still have the old code word in your form, you should change that to the new one so we see your forms when it's time to judge!

oh! thanks for reminding me; i would have forgotten otherwise <3
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me