Nukitta Official Topic - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

We are curious, do your Nukitta(s) have mates/want mates/plan for nuglets etc?

I don't want any mates for mine
6%
I'm looking for a mate to my buck
17%
I'm looking for a mate to my doe
21%
I don't have a mate for my Nukitta yet but I want a nuglet
42%
I have a mate for my Nukitta and want a nuglet.
15%
I don't want a nuglet
No votes

Total votes : 48

Nukitta Official Topic - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Postby iAmDiversity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:44 am

Welcome to the official topic for the Nukittas!

Nukittas are co-created, and co-owned, by moonlight_girl, Lilian Nightshade, AmigoGirl and myself. The species was first created in 2013, and after several friends to us expressed their liking of the species, we brought up the idea among us four to run them as an adoptable species.

Due to all of us having busy lives things have unfortunately been a lot slower than intended, which also have been made worse by oekaki problems. So after a couple of meetings we decided to freshen up our threads and work to be more active!

Artists:
iAmDiversity
moonlight_girl
Lilian Nightshade
AmigoGirl
Moderators:
Mr.Milo

Fanclub Owner:
Shattered Beazt
Affiliates:

None so far! Send us a pm if interested in becoming affiliates with us!
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 15 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RU

Postby iAmDiversity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:44 am

- Do not claim the species or erase the signatures

- Do not ask for a custom or suggest patterns in the thread.

- Do not ask for artist contests, we will only start one if we believe it's needed.

- Forms are allowed to be edited as long as they follow the artist's guidelines.

- Nukittas can not be sold or gifted away, neither traded with other users. In case you no longer have interest in one, you can contact one of the mods and ask for a readoption.

- You are not allowed to have your nukitta characters' designs moved to a different species, unless clear permission from the designs artists is given.

Failure to follow these rules might result in a warning, or even a ban, depending on the severity of the rule broken.
Forms breaking the artists guidelines in a competition will never receive a warning.
It will however be automatically disqualified and not looked at during judging.

If you have a question about the rules, or anything in general, don't hesitate to ask on the thread or send a pm if you prefer to ask in private!

Nukittas are created as feral animals and are meant to stay this way. Therefore, if you're looking for an adoptable species where you can adopt sparkle - or rainbow colored - designs, give your characters anthro/human forms, dress them up, have them actually have jobs and a urban social life, give them complicated sexualities to make them as "unique" as possible to compete with others, or make them go shopping on a blue mercedes... then we suggest you to look for another species.

Nukittas live and act like an animal and we take this very seriously. Their designs are realistic in nature, with the artists even basing on real genetics to plan them up. They don't think about neither grasp the concept of sexuality other than the existence of two genders, male and female. They don’t carry any form of accessory on their bodies unless domesticated by an human owner. Note that they also live in a medieval-like setting, which means no modern technology around.
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SP IN

Postby iAmDiversity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:45 am

Setting:
Nukittas live in a world called Ávora, that is similar to Earth regarding flora and fauna, but is set in a more medieval time. Wild nukittas mostly inhabit forests near and surrounding mountain bases all around the world. Though they are common, wild Nukittas rarely make contact with humans, since they are rather shy creatures. Though being very peaceful animals it is possible to capture and domesticate them. Domesticated Nukittas are often raised in villages located near forests, and can be used to pull carts and are appreciated for their rich milk, especially the marcher type.

Not an equine:
Nukittas are cervines, though they are believed to be very distant relatives of the modern equines. They got an unusual mane, that is short with rigid hairs towards the head, and then becomes longer and silkier towards the shoulders.
Unlike a horse the feathering on a Nukitta is also composed of very rigid hairs, similar to the upper part of the mane, which only gets softer towards the cloven hooves. The feathering completely cover their tiny dewclaws.

Body Types:
During the course of evolution Nukittas have evolved into two different breeds. It's speculated that it might have happened due to the population being smaller and the herds more scattered than they are nowadays. Although it's common that a herd is made up of individuals of the same breed it's not uncommon to see herds with both breeds either.

Runner - Is the most common breed of Nukitta, and also the more agile. They got a slender and light body which makes them adept at running in high speed through thick vegetation. Runners grow to between 105-115 cm in height.

Marcher - Is more uncommon than the runner in the wild, but very popular in domesticated populations. Their body is bulkier and bigger than the Runner, and they tend to grow slightly longer fur. Marchers are believed to originate from herds living on higher altitude in the mountains, and grow between 130-140 cm in height.

The size comparison above feature both a runner and a marcher female with the tallest heights of each breed

Behavior:
Since their world is inhabited by dragons, Nukittas have evolved to be shy and mostly live in the shelter of the forests. They can occasionally be found roaming further up the mountains, or across open fields, though this also makes them more exposed from an attack by air. Apart from dragons, many smaller predators inhabiting the forests may also find a Nukitta a tasty meal. To scare off predators a Nukitta can curl up its tail on its back to make itself appear larger. If this doesn't work the whole herd can gather together, all with their tails on their backs, to look like one big, hairy menace. Apart from making themselves look bigger, their cloven hooves are sharp and works as a last defense against attacking predators.

Social Interactions:
Though exceptions can be made, most Nukittas live in herds. Apart from safety in numbers they're social animals and thrives in the company of others. They have a loose hierarchy and while the older, more experienced individuals often lead the herd, there's no apparent rank or pecking order. Apart from their ears and body, Nukittas use their tails to convey emotions when interacting with each other.

Nukittas convey a lot of their emotions through body language, and their tails play a big role in communication.
When neutral, the tail is curled up against the back of the nukitta, much like the tail of a samoyed dog,
but it's capable of a wide range of movements.

1 Irritated:
The tail is swishing around
quickly in wide movements.

2 Fearsome:
The tail is curled between
the legs.

3 Content/neutral:
The tail us curled on the back.

4 Dominant:
To show dominance the tail
is raised in a stiff arch
above the back.

5 Cautious/attentive:
The tail is fully stretched
out and stiff.

6 Curious:
The tail is dropped and
slightly curled up at the
tip (sometimes wagging
slightly).

7 Happy/attention seeking:
The tail is curled up against
the back and wagging. Often
accompanied by head nodding.

Nukittas have coat genetics similar to a horse and can be found with a variety of colors and patterns both in the wild and within domesticated populations. When they breed, the nuglet(s) often inherit patterns similar to their parents, though the actual coat colors are decided by the genes of the parents. Newborn and young Nuglets have a characteristic baby coat which is very long and soft, giving them a fluffy appearance. Since the baby coat is so fluffy it only gives a hint of their coat pattern. As the nuglet grows and sheds its coat, the pattern becomes more defined. By 15 months of age they have fully shed their baby coat, and by three years of age the Nukitta is considered an adult.

Nukittas have three specific patterns that they exhibit.

Bengal: Markings composed of spots and stripes mixed together resembling the pattern of a marble bengal cat’s. They never reach the head or cover the legs and are of a darker tone of the base color.

Brindling: Thin stripes that either cover the whole body or just specific parts of it. In most cases the color is a darker tone of the base coat, but there are times it can be a lighter tone instead due to environment influence or even genetic anomalies.

Freckled Layer: It is common for the layers tobiano, splash and overo to develop tiny spots on certain areas. On some individuals these spots are very dominant giving their coat a freckled appearance.

Apart from the patterns above there are some patterns, or lack of, that few Nukittas are born with.
These are considered very rare.

Doubling: The presence of both bengal and brindle on a Nukitta is extremely rare. It can appear in a way that the bengal pattern flows smoothly into brindle, or the two types of pattern appear on different parts of the body.

Light Bengal: The bengal pattern have a lighter color than the base coat.

Markless: The lack of bengal and brindle on the base coat. The only exceptions are those with appaloosa blankets, since the genes which cause appaloosa tend to either weaken or delete completely the effect of the bengal and brindle genes. The bigger the blanket, the weaker the pattern (leopard appaloosas are always markless).

Fewspot Appaloosa: White blanket covering the whole body with very few spots visible. Sometimes easily confused with a pure white coat.

Pure White: Title says it all.
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 14 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BR

A nukitta can breed 2 weeks after it's adopted or 3 weeks after it's created in a breeding. Breeding requests may only be sent when the artist(s) announce that they are open, and are to be sent by pm. The pm must include a link to both parents, and the owner(s) permission if one or both of the Nukittas doesn't belong to you. The cost of the breeding is decided by the artist(s).

• Nukittas have four breeding slots each.
  • Newborn and young Nukittas are called nuglets.
  • Rare colors, markings or other unique traits cannot be passed on from the parents to the nuglet. Ex if two nukittas with light bengal markings breed, their nuglet will inherit regular bengal that is darker than the coat.
  • Runners and marchers can breed with each other. When they do there's an 80% chance that the nuglet will be born as a runner.
  • Nukittas can have one set of twins. This only happens when both owners of a breeding pairs order a breeding in the same breeding round, and two slots are then taken from the male and the female. If both owners post their breedings in the same round a second time only one order can be accepted.
  • Nukittas live in a world without technology and can only breed biologically
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

AR

Listing in the archive is optional. If you want your Nukitta(s) to be listed in the archive you have to fill in one of the forms below and send it by pm to me (iAmDiversity). Once I receive your pm I'll add you to the archive within 7 days.

Note that if you've received your Nukitta from a breeding it must be named to be added to the archive. If you change your username send me a pm and I'll change it in the archive for you!

Form 1 (most preferable):
Code: Select all
[url=url to your profile page]your username here[/url]
[url=url to your Nukittas adoption thread][img]image of your Nukitta. Change size to small and format to png[/img][/url]
Name of your Nukitta + gender symbol ♂/♀

It should look like this when you send it to me:

iAmDiversity
Obsidiana ♀

Form 2 (if you're unsure about the coding)
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b] Your name here
[b]Link to page:[/b] [url]insert url here[/url]
[b]Nukittas name:[/b] Your Nukittas name here

It should look like this when you send it to me:

Username: iAmDiversity
Link to page: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1995526
Nukittas name: Obsidiana

Please note that if you have a long username or your nukitta have a
long name it will be shortened when I edit it into the archive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

iAmDiversity
Obsidiana ♀
iAmDiversity
Auripia ♀
iAmDiversity
Jaspis ♂
iAmDiversity
Amber ♀
moonlight_girl
Reuben ♂
moonlight_girl
Ikaros ♂
moonlight_girl
Kinsey ♀
moonlight_girl
Zennha ♀
moonlight_girl
Roxana ♀
Lilian N.
Shadow ♂
Lilian N.
Richard ♂
Lilian N.
Koriander ♀
Lilian N.
Odette ♀
Lilian N.
Pumyra ♀
Lilian N.
Amelia ♀
Lilian N.
Mephiles ♂
Lilian N.
Shard ♂
Zax
Amarula ♀
Zax
Emora M. ♀
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 am, edited 9 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FQ

Postby iAmDiversity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:46 am

Q: Can I ask for/buy a custom Nukitta?
A: No, customs are sometimes given out by staff to very close friends and only when the staff member choose to. We will probably never make it possible to buy customs, but it's possible we might give out customs as a price if we hold any contests in the future!

Q: When will you release new adopts?
A: We try to release new adopts as often as possible, but with much going on irl it's many times hard to sit down to design. Several of us have had issues with oekaki, and as anyone can, we do sometimes go through artblocks that lasts a longer period of time.

Q: When will you open breedings?
A: Hopefully soon, but we cannot set a date for it yet!

Q: Can I be part of the staff?
A: Unless we announce for it then we don't need another staff member.

Q: I just won a Nukitta!!!! Can I be added to the lines so I can add items to it?
A: Sorry, only staff members are allowed to have access to the lines.

Q: Can we ask for a version without shading when we apply/have won a Nukitta?
A: Of course! Just post a comment on the Nukitta in question and we'll fix it for you asap.

Q: I lost connection to my Nukitta and no longer want it, what do I do?
A: No worries! Send a pm to the artist that designed it and it will be put up for readoption. Note that the artist will decide on the new competition and choose the new winner.
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

moon's corner

Postby moonlight_girl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:46 am

Hi there!
I'm moonlight_girl but feel free to call me moon! I'm one of the creators and artist for this species!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! I'll gladly answear any questions you have!
Last edited by moonlight_girl on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
moonlight_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ST

Postby iAmDiversity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:09 am

MY POST
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
iAmDiversity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ST

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:12 am

ASSIGN TO Lilian Nightshade
Last edited by iAmDiversity on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ST

Postby AmigoGirl » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:12 am

ASSIGN TO AmigoGirl
AmigoGirl