Symphony Character Adoption Agency - CD + OPEN! :)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Symphony Character Adoption Agency ♫ - v.2 - OPEN!

Postby fantasy girl » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:43 am

-dropping out on this one-
Last edited by fantasy girl on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wulfjaw » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Res for one of my forms.
💞💞💞

I use he/him pronouns.
Wulfjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Username: wesleydog

Kennel Number: Kennel 3

Use: The moment I saw Ele, I clicked with her! She reminded me of my favorite book series, The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter. The series is about a group of rough and tough teenagers who fight against zombies. The zombies are evil spirits who were not granted passage to heaven after death, generally because they themselves were eaten by other zombies. Zombies are the epitome of evil. Instead of eating brains, they eat pure spirits. If a person becomes infected or bitten by a zombie, they too will eventually turn. Zombies generally only come out at night. They can be held off by a liquid called "blood lines," which nothing in the spiritual realm can pass through. Surrounding a building with blood lines means that a zombie cannot enter. A slayer must leave their physical body and emerge in their spiritual body to fight the zombies. Only some can see the zombies; those that are born with the gift or those whose gift is aroused by seeing something traumatic. After disabling a zombie with combat, a slayer's hand will light up and ash the zombie, putting an end to the tormented spirit. This is where I made the connection back to Ele; her flaming hand screamed "zombie slayer" at me.

I currently have one slayer character named Merida Fallow. She lives in Mississippi and heads up a group of slayers. I would like to use Ele as another member in Merida's group of slayers and closest friends. I am really into the whole concept, and I connect with Ele greatly! I'd find it really sad to lose her. If I win her, I would treat her to becoming a main character. I'd order art of her frequently, particularly on deviantart where there are many human artists.

Name: Ele

Species: Human

Occupation: To most, Ele would be your average teenage school girl. She is a senior in high school, and she has her hands full enough with the occupation of "student." However, at nighttime when the zombies come out, Ele acts as a talented zombie slayer. Her goal is to put an end to tormented souls and pure evil, and to save lives from being claimed by zombies.

ImagePersonality:

History:

Accessories:

theresasnakeinmyboot
Last edited by Wesley on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:11 pm

ImageImage
username //
Hi,I'm vibrant. and I'm trying out c:
kennel number //
I'm trying out for kennel number 100.If she's taken then nevermind.
use //
I will use them for art and hugs.I'm making progress on a charahub page so they'll be there.I plan of ordering art and making art of them.Their current art is adorable omg they need hugs.I don't understand what this one is.But anyways their both adorable!I won't trade,sell,or give them away.And I'll give 'em back if I don't feel love anymore,which I doubt will happen.
ImageImage

name //
The dog will still be Mocha, and the little mocha/coffee cup'll be Demetri still.
gender //
Mocha is a female, and Demetri is a male.
breed or species //
Mocha is a dog,not sure the kind.Maybe a lab?And Demetri is a teacup with coffee/mocha inside.
ImageImage
personality //
Mocha-
Mocha is smart and sweet.Mocha is very shy and tender-hearted.She'll help out anyone in need.Mocha is positive and creative.
Demetri-
Demetri can sometimes be sassy,but he's sweet and cute in the inside.

history or backround //
One cold winter day,Mocha decided to walk up to Starbucks in her sweater.She ordered one small mocha.They served her a teacup,which is unusual for Starbucks.She picked up the cup and it started to shout."Put me down!"It yelled.She shivered and placed it down."Oh...I'm Demetri,you?"The cup asked."M-mocha...."Mocha said,creeped out.She took the cup home since it had a sticky note that said 'TAKE TO GOOD HOME'.They soon became great companions.
likes and dislikes //
Likes wrote:drink-mocha or coffee.
food-marshmallows
color-pumpkin orange
place-home or Starbucks
season-Winter
month-November
animal-grizzly bears or dogs;like her.

Dislikes wrote:drink-coca cola
food-cabbage
color-neon red,hurts her eyes.
place-not sure.
season-Spring,it's the end of cozy sweaters.
month-March.Spring starts...
animal-surprisingly; a hyena.

theresasnakeinmyboot
Last edited by serl on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby supernovacity » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Username: The Pirate Dragon
Name: Belladonna
Breed/Species: Unique (no specific species)
Preferences and Requirements for adoption:
- You may change name/gender/add any accessories
- You must keep the species the same and not alter any physical traits
- They are not a certain species and you are not allowed to make them such (Designer rules)
- You may give a mate but no breeding! (Designer rules)
- Only minor design changes
- If I could help judge, that would be great!
Today's Date: July 1st, 2014
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.: Adopt sheet here and extra Halloween costume art here (by me)
boops a res for this one ;v;
by Ittam
Last edited by supernovacity on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Won't waste more tears on yesteryears
───════════════◈════════════───
ImageImage
nova - she/he/they
icon - pixels

Instead we'll carry on
supernovacity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby supernovacity » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Custom by Ardra

Lineart by Fluxfire.
Revamp by booklover789.
Username: Ittam
Name: Doesn't have One
Breed/Species: Antro Lynx
Preferences and Requirements for adoption: Must Keep Gender. Can change species, hair and some of the markings. You may also add accessories
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.: Chisu

and another quick res ovo
Won't waste more tears on yesteryears
ImageImage
nova - she/he/they
icon - pixels

Instead we'll carry on
supernovacity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Design By:
SuparrNova

Username:
booklover789

Kennel Number:

Use:
I will use this sweetheart as a character primarily on CS, but also on DA (but on this website solely for art). I will put Rowan on my Weebly character site and will try my hardest to get art of him and make stories about him. I absolutely love his entire color scheme, as I absolutely ADORE fall colors. Rowan will be loved by me throughout the year.
I don't have any characters that are gamers as of right now, and I'd love to introduce Rowan to my large character family as the first ever gamer! :D He will be accepted and loved by all in my character family, and I can promise you that he'll be cherished and loved by myself.

Hex Codes:
Lines - 331306
Base - 802C2C
Body Sparkles - 5B1818 BF7015 BD4414
Leaves - BF6515 BF4515 953610 BE7414 5E220B
Eyes - 995E10
Nose - 572323

Unshaded Version
Both by cedaar the mutt

Name:
Rowan Recall

Nicknames:
"The Titan"
Flame
Titan
Total

Sexuality:
Grey-Romantic Demiromantic Heteroromantic Asexual
Image Image Image Image

Species and/or specific breed:
Plantadog

Birthday:
November 22, 1996

Favorites:
Christmas Tree - http://gamer-hood.tumblr.com/post/102968254659
Color - Autumn Leaf Orange
Month - November
Season - Autumn
Weather - Crisp and cool
Fish - Tuna
Insect - Monarch Butterfly
Reptile - Horned Lizard
Marine Mammal - Seal (any type)
Bird - Bird of Paradise (any type)
Plant - Venus Flytrap
Wristbands - Lion Heart, Dapper, and Church
Movies - Wreck-It-Ralph, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3
TV Shows - Littlest Pet Shop

Favorite Video Games:
Mario Kart Wii, Luigi's Mansion, and Castlevania

Best Friend:
Pumpernickel

Favorite Playlist:
Fighting is Magic - RD Stage
Megaman 2 Dr. Wily Castle Stage Epic Metal Remix
Arcade Superhero - Electric Joy Ride
Castlevania - Vampire Killer - Avenir
Castlevania - Razihel, We Are Presidents & Alvino
Start Over - Vinyl.rawr
Unity - TheFatRat
Spark Mandril - Katdrop

Made by me using the Hipster Logo Generator

Personality:
Active and rambunctious, Rowan has difficulty sitting still. Others have wanted to label him ADHD, but Rowan refuses to take on any labels other than "gamer." He often has to try his hardest to pay attention and not race around, letting out his boundless energy. He loves gaming because it gives him an outlet to which he can pour his entire amount of energy into. Gaming also gives him a sense of accomplishment and an idea of how to be a better loser - Rowan may be a great gamer, but he doesn't win every single battle. The battles he does win he takes pride in, and counts himself awesome to have beat the best of the best. He isn't perfect, and can sometimes be boastful and over-confident - but his pride always comes before his fall, and after losing, he is quickly put back into his place.

Determined and stubborn as a mule, Rowan is opinionated and lets everyone know it. He doesn't seem to have a mental filter, and will literally blurt out most things that pop into his head. For these reasons, Rowan can sometimes seem harsh or unlvoing, but he really is a caring canine - he just has to work on thinking things through before he says them.

Rowan likes to think that he's not very clumsy, but he often runs into trashcans or trips over papers that litter the carpet in his home. He tends to ignore his messy room and instead plays games, but when his room gets so bad that he's tripping over stuff, he'll take the time to clean it. He's not what you would call a "neat-freak," but he's not a "slobby pig," either. He's somewhere in-between, but is closer to the "slob" side of the spectrum than the "neat" side.

Rowan is very social, and often plays online games with his friends. He can go about a week without social interaction from his friends before he cracks, and he learned this after being grounded for a full month - no socialization allowed, except at school and at home with his family. He was climbing the walls after the first week, trying everything in his power to lessen the time period of his punishment. After the month was over, he swore never to do it again - and he never has.

Q & A
Who are you?
I just told you my name, dude. I'm Rowan Recall.

What has had the greatest impact in your life?
Video games, definitely. I love gaming, as it has introduced me to so many great friends that I would never have met otherwise!

Who has had the greatest impact in your life?
My parents, definitely. They introduced me into gaming and just helped me in every area of my life, so I owe a lot to them.

Have you fallen for mediocrity at any point in your life?
Don't think so, but I'm not really sure.

If you could meet one person - dead or alive - who would you meet?
I would love to meet Shigeru Miyamoto or Takashi Tezuka.

So, do you go on youtube?
Yup! I follow all of the awesome gamers on there - from PewDiePie to Tobuscus, I watch all of 'em. My favorites are definitely danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil, but I love all of the gamers on youtube greatly.

Do you thank people enough?
I thank people all the time!

Do you annoy others?
I don't think I do, but I really wouldn't know, since I'm not in their shoes.

Are you aware that someone always is worse off than you?
Of course! There are plenty of beings out there that are in worse shape than I am! Every year at Christmas I go to orphanages and give them video game systems - I love seeing their happy little faces light up when they see the presents.

What advice would you give yourself if you could travel back in time 3 years?
Don't buy Mario Kart - you'll just get addicted to it.

What are your dreams?
My dreams? Like, my goals? Well, I'd love to be a video game tester, or maybe even a video game designer!

Is there an afterlife?
Sure, yeah, I think there is.

So...what's the most foolish thing you've ever done?
Well, um...when I was seven, I was at this birthday party. They were serving chocolate fondue, and I loved chocolate. So I raced over to the fondue fountain to get some, and I slipped on some spilled water and fell headfirst into the melted chocolate. The chocolate didn't fully come out of my fur for a full two weeks. I'm not a large fan of chocolate now, thanks to that incident.

Do you smile more than you frown?
I'd like to think that I do - but I really don't know.

Do you have any quirks?
Yeah, I do! Instead of using real curse words or words that are sometimes used in substitution for those words (heck, darn, fudge, etc.), I'll just spout off random words that I like. They're usually names of people I dislike, but can sometimes be other words, like Cheerios, Cheetos, Pringles, or other snack-food items.

Who is your ideal partner?
I am NOT looking for romance right now, 'kay?

Are you afraid of letting others get close to you?
No, man, of course not! I just ain't lookin' for a mate.

Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Yeah, I definitely would. Saving those you love is more important than any law.

How many times have you fallen in love?
Never have.

How many times has your heart been broken?
Never.

Do you live for others or for yourself?
I'd say I'm about half-and-half. I help others out constantly, but I also live for me and I don't take others' opinions about me very well.

When was the last time you helped someone?
I helped my friend Pumpernickel pass the last stage of Mario Kart Wii yesterday - does that count?

Did you ever help complete stranger?
Yup! I always hold open doors for old people when they're coming out of the post office or bathroom - I know it's a very small thing, but I like to think of it as brightening up someone's day.

Who are the most important beings in the world to you?
I'd say my parents and my best friend, Pumpernickel.

If you had the opportunity to get a message out to a large group of people, what would your message be?
Don't do drugs - instead, play video games. Tell those you love that you love them, because it may be the last thing you ever tell them.

Are you greedy?
I can be, sometimes, when it's about video games.

Are you cheap?
Not at all.

Are you satisfied with how you look?
Sure. Why wouldn't I be?

Are you healthy?
Nope. I eat all sorts of things bad for my health, and I hate healthy foods.

What is your greatest regret?
Not buying an original Nintendo system.

Do you hold grudges?
Sometimes, but not frequently.

Do you like to read?
Meh, sort of - I prefer games, to be honest.

Do you think about the past a lot?
No, not really. I mainly think about the present and the future.

Do you ask questions as frequently as you should?
I suppose so. How frequently should I be asking them?

If you had one trillion dollars, what would you do with it?
I'd buy every gaming system I've ever wanted and all the games I've ever wanted. With the money left over, I'd pay off my parents' house.

What is your greatest fear?
I have Arsonphobia, which is sometimes called Pyrophobia - it's the fear of fire.

Are you settling for less than you're worth?
Um...I don't even know what that means.

Do you have any bad habits that you need to break?
Yeah...the worst one is that I don't get enough sleep because I stay up for hours playing video games. I need to work on that.

What good habits do you have?
I'm open to talking to anyone, so I guess a good habit I have is conversing with others.

Do you floss?
Nope.

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Both. If you're crying for something stupid, it's a weakness. But if you're crying because your sad - like, say a family member died - then I don't think it's a weakness.

Time or money?
Can I choose both?

If you could collect one thing, what would you collect?
I already collect video games and gaming systems...so if I could collect something else, I'd collect high-end action figures. You know, the ones that look so lifelike you'd think that they were the actual character? Yeah, I'd collect those.

What is your favorite physical exercise?
I like jumping.

Do you talk to yourself?
Sometimes - but usually when I'm playing a video game.

Do you still sleep with stuffed animals?
Occasionally, but not very often.

What’s your deepest secret?
Why would I tell you?

How important is social approval for you?
I couldn't care less about what others think of me. I mean, I don't want 'em to hate me, but if they disagree with me, well, I couldn't care less.

What will you never forget?
September 11th, 2001. I will never forget that day and the sorrow it brought so many people.

Do you know how it feels to wake up with a smile?
Yup!

When was the last time you cried?
Erm...uh...um...ugh. Fine, I'll tell you. I cried during my favorite character's death in the anime Death Note.

Is your signature sloppy or easy to read?
It's pretty sloppy...

What are your sleep patterns?
Sleep...patterns? I'm not nocturnal, if that's what you mean. I am awake for 18-20 hours a day, and get 4-6 hours of sleep each night. I often pull all-nighters to finish a game or play with my friends. Sometimes I wish I was nocturnal, but suddenly changing my entire lifestyle to suit my gaming habits doesn't sound like the best idea right now.

What is the best dream you've ever had?
I dreamed I won the lottery and was able to finally buy a first edition Nintendo gaming system.

What is the worst nightmare you've ever had?
I dreamed that I was stuck in Mario Kart, destined to be an option for people to play as forever. And the people who'd choose me as their racer would always run into junk and hurt my kart. It was awful!

Are you superstitious?
Just a bit. I have my superstitions, but not as many as other people I've met.

What superstitions do you believe in?
I think that 666 is the Devil's number, and is thus bad luck. I also think that a groom seeing the bride before the wedding is bad luck. Before getting married, it is bad luck if the bride buys the groom a watch or vice versa, as it symbolizes that the time of the relationship is running out. I obviously agree that cats have nine lives, and also that a horseshoe hung in the bedroom will keep nightmares away. I believe that a shark pursuing a ship means bad luck. Lastly, I believe that crossing your fingers or toes helps to avoid bad luck and helps a wish come true.

Credit:
Questions in the Q & A section were taken from and/or inspired by the websites listed below.
http://www.lyved.com/life/75-questions-to-ask-yourself/
http://personalexcellence.co/blog/101-q ... -yourself/
http://www.kratosguide.com/25-questions ... -yourself/
http://www.nextavenue.org/article/2013- ... lf-you-die
http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/11-life-c ... rself.html
http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/04/13/ ... id-to-ask/
http://www.lifeprobabilities.com/2012/0 ... questions/
http://www.oldsuperstitions.com/

Inspiration for the sections above were taken mostly from my own mind, but some things (Birth Information and Q & A) were inspired by the forms below. I have permission from both wesleydog and Ittam to use their forms as inspiration, and PMed them for verification.
Ittam wrote:Ah, I see!
No, I don't mind because you asked me, so thank you for that. I'm really happy that you asked.
And your form looks good so far! Good luck!

wesleydog wrote:That's fine with me... best of luck! (:

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1379673&p=75229137#p75229137
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1379673&p=77319663#p77319663
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1379673&p=75715244&hilit=wesleydog#p75715244

Art:
Rowan
By SuparrNova

Sketchy Rowan
By SuparrNova

Autumn Days
By Demzee

Rowan the Plantadog
By Bentley

Shaded Reference
By cedaar the mutt

Unshaded Reference
By cedaar the mutt

Blink and Twitch
By Niluna

Beside the Fallen Leaves
By Niluna

Playing With Pumpernickel
Lines by Solloby and coloring by SabjeBammie

Should I Leap?
By ѕιℓνєяяσѕє

Laughter is the Best Medicine
Lines by Neara, coloring by NeriHyuga

Trick or Treat?!
Lines by pandora., coloring by me (booklover789)

History/Background:
"Aw, why'd you have to come before me AGAIN?!"
"I always do!"
"That's not fair!"
Rowan laughed. "I beat you. I always get first, and you get second. It's just sort of how this works."
"I don't want to play against you if you're going to be like that!" The pup crossed his arms, frowning as he pouted, his wispy brown-red hair flipping down over one eye.
Rowan set down the controller and sat beside his friend, placing a paw around his shoulders. "Sorry. I know that no one likes losing. Say, why don't you pick the next game?"
"Okay," he said, still pouting as he got up and trotted over to the gaming cabinet, pawing through the games. "Let's play Dance Dance 2!"
Rowan sighed, biting back his resentment. Why did Mom HAVE to buy me that stupid game? He nodded, plastering a smile on his face. "Sure. Why not?"

Two weeks later, Rowan stretched, waking up with the morning light streaming through his windows. He was feeling fine for the first morning since being beaten by his friend, Pumpernickel, in Dance Dance 2. He trotted into the kitchen, poured himself some Captain Crunch cereal, and ate slowly, sighing with happiness as he remembered he didn't have to rush off to school - it was a Saturday, the perfect day for lazing about. He finished his breakfast, plopped the bowl and spoon into the dishwasher and trotted into his gaming room. Rowan took a running start and leapt, landing in a dark purple beanbag chair, slipping on his headset and grabbing the controller for Mario Kart, logging on quickly through the high-speed internet that his mother was nice enough to install for him. He stared at the screen, choosing his kart and character quickly.
A voice spoke through his headset, as clear as if the wolf was sitting right next to Rowan. "Yo, Dude! We got a new player!"
Another voice spoke, more professional in timber. "Thank you, SamSam. This is WinterFawn speaking. New player, do you hear us loud and clear?"
"Roger roger. Titan requesting room to enter," Rowan responded, speaking into the microphone that hung right in front of his lips - it was attached by a curved plastic piece that connected it to the headset.
"Username?"
"TheTitanRecall8779123."
"Your screen-name?"
"The_Titan."
"Roger that, The_Titan. You have permission and room to enter gaming cube 54. Please, keep your paws and tail within the guard rails, and no flash photography. We hope you enjoy your ride on Mario Kart. Enjoy your gaming, The_Titan."
"Thank you, WinterFawn. Enjoy your gaming as well." Rowan responded, smiling into the microphone.
"You're welcome. Good luck, The_Titan. Today you're up against some of the record holders for this game. Beating even one of them will be difficult."
"I enjoy a challenge, WinterFawn."
"Acknowledged. Rerouting you to gaming cube 54." After a few seconds, a beeping sound could be heard from the television screen as a new screen popped up. "You have arrived at your destination. SamSam and I wish you good luck, The_Titan. This is WinterFawn logging off."
"Thanks again, WinterFawn. I'll speak with you next week."
A clicking sound could be heard, and then silence filled the house. WinterFawn had hung up, leaving Rowan to wait until the other gamers were rerouted to the correct gaming cube, which was a fancy term for an online room where only a specific number of players could reside. Only the best of the best got #54, which is why Rowan hadn't protested when he was placed into this gaming cube.
"The_Titan? What a stupid name," sneered a new voice in Rowan's left ear.
He bristled. "Yours isn't much better - ILikePopcorn."
"That's ME, loser," spoke another voice in Rowan's right ear. "HE is I'mSoBigI'llCrushYou."
Rowan swallowed, recognizing the screen-name. "My apologies, then."
A clicking sound echoed through the headset. "Sorry," apologized a voice once the clicking had stopped, "my microphone wasn't working properly and was giving me some feedback."
Rowan smiled, recognizing the new user. "Winner22! Pleased to see you again!"
"Yo, The_Titan! You creamed me last round, and I'm not going to let that happen again, dude."
Rowan's smile deepened as he narrowed his eyes in determination. "We'll see about that."
A final gamer joined, and Rowan knew who it was before he'd even heard his voice. "So, you small fries ready to get beaten?"
The new user's name was I'llCrushEverythingInMyPath23, and Rowan knew he was the current record-holder for Mario Kart. He narrowed his eyes. "Ready to lose, losers?"
"As if!"
"Back down, idiot!"
"Yeah right!"
Rowan smiled at the outraged replies. "Guess we'll see who's really the greatest and who's just second-best." He flicked the switch, beginning the round.

Three days later, he'd beaten 4 of the 5 gamers he'd been pitted against. There was only one left, and if Rowan could beat him, he'd be the new record-holder for Mario Kart.
He lost the big game.
He felt as if he'd lost everything.
Ripping off his headset he threw it down and stomped out of the room, growling in anger. "I can't BELIEVE I lost to such an idiot!" He kicked his trashcan, watching it soar through the air and land in the kitchen sink. He stormed out of the house, not bothering to grab his sweatshirt before slamming and locking the door behind him. He prowled over to his best friend's house and banged on the door. "Pumpernickel! Let me in!"
"No way, dude!" came the muffled reply from within the house. "You look waaaaay too angry! Cool off and then come back!"
"YOU CAN'T SEE THROUGH DOORS!"
"I have a peephole."
"LET ME IN!"
"Not a chance, man! I don't want you ruining my house! Last time you were mad and you came in here, you ripped my mother's favorite pillow! It took me a week to persuade her not to sue your family! You know how sentimental she gets about the pillows!"
"AAAARGH!" he roared, turning and racing down the street. He ran for miles, his anger giving him more energy than he normally had. When he finally stopped running, he found himself in front of a pet store.
He sighed, rubbing his temples. "I really need a new hobby." As he walked past the store, something brightly-colored caught his eye. A pale grey bird with a brilliant orange beak stared at him and tilted its head as it chirped.
Rowan tilted his head. "Boy, he sure looks nice," he murmured, trotting up to the store window and peering in through the glass.
The bird mimicked his movement, and hopped closer to the glass, balancing itself gracefully on a branch, its tiny, pale orange claws grasping the twig firmly.
"I really like you," Rowan whispered. A smile suddenly lit up his face, and he walked into the pet store with his head held high. "How much for that bird in the window?" he asked the cat behind the counter.
"Oh, the Zebra Finch pair?"
"Pair?" asked Rowan, a puzzled look flashing over his face. "I only saw the male."
"Well, that's odd. The female is usually the more social one. Let me see if I can get her out here," said the cat, leading him to the window. She unlocked the hatch that opened a small hole into the glass-lined enclosure. She daintily reached a paw in, and the bird that Rowan had seen hopped onto it. She gently pulled it out, and then closed the hole up with her other paw. She smiled in Rowan's direction. "This was the one you saw?"
"That's him!"
"This is the female, actually. She sings beautifully, doesn't she?"
Rowan was dumbstruck. "But...she's got so much color. I thought the females of the bunch weren't as brightly-colored."
"Most of the time, yes. But Zebra Finches both have colorful plumage. Here, why don't you hold her while I try to coax the male out?"
"Uh...sure." Rowan held out his paw, and the bird lept from the cat's paw to his.
The cat smiled and then turned back to the enclosure, opening the hole and sticking her paw through it once again.
Rowan looked closer at the female as she slowly made her way past his wrist and up his arm. "You've got those pretty stripes on your tail and face...why, I thought you were the guy! Sorry about that," he murmured, smiling as the female reached his shoulder and perched upon it, nestling into the leaves at his neck.
"Here, I've got the male!" said the cat with glee as she turned around. The male had flown atop her head, and sat, staring coldly at Rowan.
The autumn-colored canine was a bit distressed. "THAT'S her mate?"
"Yup. They've been together now for about a year."
"Had any children?"
"None."
Rowan nodded. "Let's see him, then."
The feline tilted her head until the male flitted off and zoomed onto Rowan's head.
Rowan flinched as he felt the claws in his scalp. "He sure likes to perch on heads, doesn't he?"
"He likes to be up high," the feline explained. "You'll notice he's more brightly colored than the female."
"Yeah, he's got more orange on his face and thicker stripes on his neck and tail. His wings are brown with white spots, too."
"You'll easily be able to tell the pair apart, I promise. So, will that be all for you today, sir?"
"Actually, I need to buy some stuff to take care of them with. Where are your cages, and what do these birds eat?"

Three hours later, Rowan returned home, birds in-tow. He placed them down on the coffee table in the middle of his mother's living room and prayed that she wouldn't be cross when she found out what he'd purchased.
And she wasn't cross.
She was thrilled.
"Oh, Rowan, what sweet little birdies!"
"Thanks, Mom."
"Whose are they?"
"I bought them today. I need something to take my mind off of video games, don't you think?"
"Why, Rowan, that's very responsible of you."
"Thanks."
"What are their names?"
Rowan blinked, scrambling for thought. "Um...uh..."
"You didn't name them?"
"Uh....Not yet."
"Well, I'll let you keep them, but you've got to name them by tonight and take very good care of them - you understand me?"
"Yes, Mom."

The next morning, Rowan stared at the birds. "I don't think Mom's going to be happy with what I've named you...but hopefully she won't chew me up too badly."
"Rowan?" his mother sleepily said, trotting out from the back room. "What are you doing up so early, dear?"
"Birds woke me up."
"Why are they up?"
"The sun woke them up."
"Ah, I see. Looks like you'll have to invest in a cover for the cage next, dear."
"Yeah, you're right."
"So, what did you name them?" she asked, trotting into the kitchen and starting the coffee machine.
"I named the male Fremont and the female LA."
"And what does 'LA' stand for, dear?"
"Los Angeles."
His mother blinked, turning around and staring at her son. "Those are both cities."
"We do live in California, Mom."
"I know that, but I thought you'd be more original with names, dear."
"I thought that the birds should be named after where they're from."
"You know we don't live in either of those cities, dear."
"I know, I know." Rowan sighed. "And I also knew you wouldn't approve of the names."
"They're YOUR birds, dear, not mine. Thus, it doesn't matter what I think of their names - whatever you'd like to call them is fine."

The next day, both birds perching atop his shoulders, Rowan fired up the gaming system once again. This time, he was going to play Luigi's Mansion.
After winning the game and getting the high score in a manner of two weeks, Rowan swore the the birds were his good luck charms. He never did a gaming session without them after that point.
One day, he decided to go back and play Mario Kart Wii again. This time he was on a team with Winner22 and Pumpernickel, who had since forgiven him for his idiotic move all those weeks before.
With the birds and Pumpernickel on his side - Winner22 rarely won games, which was why his username was so ironic to most users who knew him well - Rowan's team won.
The next day, Rowan visited Pumpernickel at his house, birds perched atop his shoulders as they usually were. "Hey, Pumpernickel! Ready for the Harry Potter marathon?"
"Expelliarmus!" Pumpernickel yelled happily, waving a stick in Rowan's direction.
"I love how you can be a nerd around me and I totally don't care."
"Well, I could say the same to you, Mr. I'm Obsessed With Gaming."
Rowan laughed as he hopped onto Pumpernickel's couch. "Ready to watch them all?"
"The first disk is already loaded! Grab your snacks, Harry. We're off on an adventure!"

theresasnakeinmyboot

Continuation of this form.
Last edited by booklover789 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 46 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

IGNORE please c:

Postby ayomi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:25 am

Username: Daniel
Name: ???
Breed/Species: MLP
Do not sell/trade/give away. You may donate back to the SCAA only. Revamps are fine, as are adding/removing accessories. May NOT change gender.
Today's Date: September 17th 2014
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.: Tarnishing on DA, Moonshinequeen on DA, Tarnishing on DA
kennel 54

Username: foreign.potato
Name: ---
Breed/Species:OOC by Pachoofoosh: viewtopic.php?t=1051857
Preferences and Requirements for adoption: ---
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.: by pachoofoosh

Username: Kazoo
Name: Yuki (Can Change)
Breed/Species: Shibe Dragon (Cannot Change)
Preferences and Requirements for adoption: Keep species, credit species to lord sammich on DA
Today's Date: August 3rd 2014
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.: Species+Design By LordSammich on DA

Username: Daniel
Name: ???
Breed/Species: Fox
Do not sell/trade/give away. You may donate back to the SCAA only. Revamps are fine, as are adding/removing accessories. You can change name/gender.
Today's Date: September 17th 2014
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.: Firefly. on CS if I recall correctly

Username: voices
Name: Darin
Breed/Species: leopard
- feel free to change name, gender, ect. after adopting
- return to the SCAA if you no longer want him
- please PM me if you win him. ^-^ i'd love to see who adopts him!
Today's Date: September 30th, 2014
Lineart Link, design credits, etc.:
- custom design by Belldandy
    I wanna be a cool kid
ayomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DecafBunny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 am

Username: Juliet.
Kennel Number: 214
Use:
Name: Frey
Species and/or specific breed: Anthro Wolf (Some traces of Malamute DNA)
Personality:
History/Background:
Likes/dislikes/art, etc. (optional):
theresasnakeinmyboot
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Symphony Character Adoption Agency ♫ - v.2 - OPEN

Postby Wesley » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:31 am

Username: wesleydog
Named for my crazy fursona Wesley, the grumpy Italian Weimaraner.

Kennel Number: Kennel 212

Use:

(By Niluna)
Name:
Species and breed: Feline - Calico Cat
Did you know that only one out of every three thousand calico cats is male?

Personality:
History/Background:
Likes/dislikes/art, etc. (optional):
theresasnakeinmyboot
Last edited by Wesley on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me