Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/COME. ADOPT. LOVE.]

Postby Syra » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Shamelessly spamming ~Aerius-the-Aireon's cat lines revamps :D
Because they are freaking rockin' :P
Also, oh the dangers of revamping! I love all of these little guys now x3

OMG, Revamp!
Kennel Number: 24
New Picture:
Lineart Used: http://aerius-the-aireon.deviantart.com ... -114678553
I'mSorryAaron

OMG, Revamp!
Kennel Number: 125
New Picture: Image
I'mSorryAaron

OMG, Entry!
Subject Number: 2
New Picture:
Why do you want to be part of the team? to help out! :D (see last entry for full explanation)
What art skills do you have? lots ^^ (see last entry for real explanation)
What art program do you use? GIMP + Oekaki
Anything else you'd like us to know? Gosh, after revamping her in these lines I want to steal her xD
Didyouhearthat?
Leaving this account.
I just... need a clean start.
Syra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlazzingWolf » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I am looking to adopt, love and cherish this lovely fella...
Picture:Image
Kennel number: P10
Name: Eli
Breed: Wolf
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?: I think he's so adorable! I saw that he's been in here for a while and it really surprises me :o I thought he would of been the first to get adopted. Seeing that made me feel sad for the little fella which makes me want him more. To give him a loving home and a family. If I get him, I plan on writing a story about him and a couple of my other pups I have. It'll be about their life and how they all met up. And about their experience growing up. Eli will be the leader of their little group. :thumbup:
Personality: Eli was born different. Which has affected him growing up. He now likes to be different. He's a bit of a loner because of past experiences. He likes to have fun and be cheerful though. He's bit of a spaz in a way that he's so hyper. Also energetic and jumpy. He loves people and other animals, especially other dogs.
Likes: Exploring new places. Going somewhere new. Traveling. Being different. Eating cheesecake. Running around and jumping. Being free. Socializing with everybody. Meeting new friends/people.
Dislikes: Disbelievers. Rude and mean people. People who judge quickly and don't get to know someone first. Being kept in a small place. Having to calm down/staying still. Sour things. Prickly things. Scary things.
History/Background: Eli was born different. He had spots and stripes. For some reason his owners didn't like him because of this. He was the only one in his litter. And his owners were giving him away, but still, nobody liked him. His owners didn't want to see him anymore, so they took him to the pound. The Pound of Hope. Heaps of people by each opening and adopted pets. But still no body wanted him for some reason. Eli always thought he was doing something wrong,and people didn't want him because of it. But he could understand why or what. Eli knows if he doesn't get adopted soon something bad will happen. All Eli wants is someone to love and have someone love him just as much back. Somewhere to run around and enjoy life. Somewhere to call home.
Art: --
Other: I saw that the picture has to be by me and my own lines. But my families laptop won't let my draw on here. It goes crazy every time. So I can't do any art sorry. =\
Last edited by BlazzingWolf on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlazzingWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Phoenix's Rebirth wrote:Okay, I'll also take care of ki-neko and Th13f. But first, I must finish homework; so I'll be back later.

Thanks so much can't wait to hear from you.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pancreas » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm

I am looking to adopt and love forever...
ImageImage
Kennel number: P28 & P51
Name: Leon & Blair
Breed: Siberian Husky & Alaskan Malamute
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
Personality:
L
E
O
N
&
B
L
A
I
R
History/Background:

and now you'll lead the way
    show the light of day
    nice work you did
    you're gonna go far, kid

with a thousand lies and a good disguise
    hit 'em right between the eyes, hit 'em right between the eyes
    when you walk away, nothing more to say
    see the lightning in your eyes, see 'em running for their lives

and now you steal away
    take him out today
    nice work you did
    you're gonna go far, kid

God, it's cold. Even with the heating turned up as high as it would go in the cab of the truck, Leon was still shivering. From where he was sat on the cracked, red leather passenger seat, he could easily see the world passing by the window in a swirl of colours. Well, one colour in particular. White. Snow. Snow everywhere. Covering the road, the pavement, the houses, the parked cars, even the people, if they stood still for more than a second. It fell from the sky in sudden, heavy flurries, each one longer than the last. Before long, the roads would be too dangerous to navigate. Not that it mattered. Leon wouldn't be leaving Canada any time soon.
    Beside him, at the staring wheel, his new owner gazed through the windscreen with a shrewd expression on his face. Leon supposed he'd done pretty well, better than some of the other dogs at the rescue, who had been taken by families with little children or women who just wanted a dog to fit in their handbag. He also knew that this wasn't really a voluntary adoption, like what usually happened, more of a "requested" one. He was an energetic dog, he knew that, the Husky blood in him made him always yearn to run, to be moving, to be leading. So yeah, maybe he had had a few incidents with the other dogs in the outdoor runs, so what? They were the ones who had started the fights. But surely they didn't have to send him all the way to Canada? Leaving the rescue, his home since he was a puppy, was punishment enough - being forced to relocate in a different county was downright abuse. It was so cold.
    "Hey, boy," Leon blinked, tilting his head towards the man sat next to him. They were on an emptier road now, and a snow plough had passed down it recently, meaning his owner didn't have to focus so intently on the road in front of them. "We're almost there now, Leon. I'm sure you'll like the rest of the gang. You'll fit right in." He smiled, and reached over to rub Leon's ears fondly. Leon closed his eyes. His new owner was the best part. Young, friendly, generous and active. Everything a dog looked for in a human. He'd got more attention from him in an hour than he'd got from the rescue workers in a week. It wasn't there fault, of course, but still, he'd often longed for more interaction with others. And then along came his new owner, and everything seemed to be fantastic. Until Canada reared its snow-covered head and ruined everything.
    The car was slowing, Leon noted distantly. It's wheels churned through fresh, knee-deep snow as his new owner - who was named Tom - turned off the road onto a short drive. Leon watched out the windscreen as a cozy bungalow with a cluster of outbuildings placed around it haphazardly became visible through the sheets of snow. Tom manoeuvred around them, with an ease that showed he had done the same hundreds of times before, and pulled up in front of the bungalow. Even though the lights were off, the house - no, his new home - still looked welcoming and warm. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe he could be an indoor-dog. That'd be nice. Well, nice until I get bored and rip up the carpets while Tom is at work. For a moment, the two sat in a slightly nervous silence, until Tom finally turned to Leon and cupped his muzzle in one hand. "It'll be fine, boy. No need to be worried," But beneath Tom's relaxed exterior, Leon could see that he was just as wary as he was. What is the dogs didn't like him? What if-- "But you have to be good. Best behaviour. Show everyone you're a good guy." Leon just looked at him, but Tom must have seen something in his eyes that comforted him, because he let go of him and opened his car door. Faintly, Leon could hear the sounds of dogs barking. He flicked his ears towards the sound. It didn't seem like it was coming from the house, but where else would they be?
    Tom slid from the car and gestured for Leon to follow him. He did, albeit reluctantly, and a few seconds later he was stood hopping from one paw to another, his tail whisking the air into a cold breeze that bit at his legs. Letting out a pitiful whine, the dog made a wild dash for the bungalow, bounding up the steps and under the cover of the overhanging roof. Tom watched him go with an bemused expression. "Where are you going, boy? Your bed's in there." Leon looked past Tom to where he was pointing. The outhouse looked nice enough on he outside, he supposed. It was long and low, bigger than the bungalow, with wooden walls painted red. But he doubted there would be any fires in there to fall asleep in front of, and he had a mounting suspicion that the only bed he'd find in there would a pile of straw. But then again, where else could he go? Maybe the other dogs would keep him warm.
    With a defeated sigh, Leon forced his legs back down the steps and into the snow, following in Tom's footsteps as his new owner waded towards the door of the barn.
    "She looks cute when she's asleep, doesn't she?"
    "Do you think she'll wake up if I put my head on her, she looks comfortable."
    A stifled snort of laughter. "Probably not. She sleeps like a log."
    Drawing in a silent breath, Blair waited. She felt the stares of the dogs around her, and the warmth where one was leaning over her, breathing on her face. Wait for it... The second dog that had spoken settled down against her back, his fur pressed against hers. She almost rolled her eyes, until she remembered she was feinting sleep. He was just soobvious. Blair waited until the dog lay his head down on top of her. He let out a sigh. Blair responded by rolling onto her back in a sudden motion and seizing the dog's head in her front paws. "Get off me, you great oaf!" She growled, batting his head angrily. When he pulled away with a yelp, Blair twisted back onto her front and sprang to her paws, shooting the three dogs a glare. "And I'll thank you for not coming near me when I'm actually sleeping." She fixed the third dog with a look that would have frozen a flame, "Because I'll have you know, Izel, the only one who 'sleeps like a log' in this barn is you." With a toss of her head, the Alaskan Malamute stalked over to the opposite side of the barn, displacing one of the other males from his bed with a sharp nip. As he slunk away, giving her a reproachful look, Blair shrugged. "I need this more than you do. It's the furthest I can get from Izel and his idiot friends."
    The dog didn't reply, but made a bee-line for "Izel and his idiot friends". Blair settled down on the mate, turning in a tight circle before she lay down to make herself comfortable. She was the only female in this group, and it was getting tiring. Tom had bought her from a well-known breeder not far away, and she found herself wishing - not for the first time - that he'd chosen to buy one of her sisters as well. At least then she wouldn't have all eight males panting after her every step. It was no good thinking about that though, she knew that. Tom had nine dogs now, eight for the team and one for the reserve. He didn't need any more mouths to feed.
    Struggling to contain a wide yawn, Blair lowered her head to rest on top of her paws. Maybe she could fit in a couple of hours of real sleep before Tom arrived back to feed them. He'd been gone for a couple of days, for business, and although the neighbours had been round to feed to them and let them out of the barn, she missed him. She missed the order and the respect he demanded from them, and the respect and love he gave them in return. She missed racing across the snow as the lead dog on Tom's sled, even if she did have to run alongside Izel. She missed--
    "Tom's back!" Zuma - the dog she had ousted from the bed - cried from the post he had taken up beside one of the windows, "He's back, he's back!"
    "Tom's back! Tom's back!" Other dogs took up the cry, and Blair joined in, until the barn was filled with voices rising up in one soundless howl of joy.
    "Wait!" Izel roared. As the noise faded off, every eye on him, he turned to squint out of the window beside Zuma. Whatever he saw didn't please him, as his lips peeled back to bare his teeth. "He isn't alone." At this, other dogs surged forwards, jostling past Zuma to leer out of the window. Blair didn't even try to find a spot. Even if she was the "alpha female" in this group, it meant nothing until she was wearing a harness. She turned to find Izel behind her, watching her with a strange expression on his face.
    "What? What is it?" She asked, tilting her head to one side.
    Izel lowered his gaze, and the look vanished. "Nothing. Nothing."
    Blair shrugged. If he didn't want to tell her, she wasn't going to beg him to spill. "Well, who's Tom bringing with him? Do we know them? Is it Maggy, or--"
    "No. It isn't a human." He would have said more, but at that moment the main door opened with a groan, sending a blast of frigid air and a flurry of snow swirling towards them.

Other: omg this is a mess I'm sorry WIP
Last edited by pancreas on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage
pancreas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 pm

No one adding this character?

Shikari~ wrote:I am looking to donate...
Image: Image
Lineart used (if any): None, my own art and design.
Name: For applicant to choose.
Species: Fox Anthro.
Preferences: You can change him around if you like, but not too much, He can also have a quad form. Please give him a place in a character thread and/or get art of him.
By submitting this form, I, Shikari, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
AreYouAWitch
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phoenix's Rebirth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:01 am

All right. I am sorry I was busy with school work. The forms that I said I'd critique: I will get to the forms tonight. Thank you for your patience.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
-Matthew 5: 4

Image Image Image

I never blamed you . . . not once.
-Aerith
Phoenix's Rebirth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:45 am

Shikari - The search may have glitched if it's not hidden amongst the kennels up there. ^^; Tiki will get it soon.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:48 pm

I actually haven't had a chance to update with the recent donations, due to schoolwork. I'll do that tonight, when I'm being a slacker. XD

EDIT: Phoenix had a bit of family issues, so she won't be critiquing tonight. However, B said they may, so keep an eye out.

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Is the revamp artist .. contest thing over? ovo
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh, yes, it is the 31st, isn't it? XD

The revamp contest is NOW CLOSED~! Please stay tuned for the judging~!

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me