Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/HAPPY 2ND ANNV, POH!]

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:26 am

Thank you~! And, as am I, Chlo. XD
    Please someone go for it before I do. ;-;

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KillerGramcracker <3 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 am

Agh! darn, i'm already running on a dead muse for P35, but now P14 is almost begging for me *corner of shame*
KillerGramcracker <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tinydoodles » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 am

i would like to adopt...

kennel number: p72

name: toronto

breed: shapeshifting sun goddess (her "true form" resembles a fox)

why do you want her?: her design is... well it's really a work of art. it is soft and gentle, with the brilliant contrast of the dark blue markings on her face. it looks just like a sunrise, as if her face was the night, the pink streaks on he back the clouds stained by the sun. the blue on the tip of her tail is like the blue sky that sometimes comes out on a sunny afternoon. i have a great love for unique accessories like these as well, i find that they lend themselves well to excellent storytelling.

what will you so for her?: i will give her one of the only things i can offer, and that would be art. wether i am drawing it myself, or commissioning another artist. her beautiful design and colors lets her be extremely flexible in how she is drawn. any style could keep her looking as wonderful as she looks right now. it seems likely that i will write a short story or two about her (and her mate) as well.

personality: toronto is very shy and quiet by nature, but she is often forced to abandon this in order to be assertive and strong in the face of the planet she rules. she is extremely devoted to her subjects and planet, as well as her mate and their many children. she feels extremely responsible for the well-being of her planet, but she has no power to help them in times of crisis, as she did not create the world and does not control it, she merely gives it light and is its queen. she is not at all trusting, and keeps everything secret from her mortal subject due to the fact that the first time she dared to place her trust in a mortal (her first mate) he became greedy and used her secrets to try and destroy her, even after she bore his three sons. to save her planet, she was forced to destroy the four of them. the grief nearly killed her, and the world was plunged into three months of darkness before toronto was strong enought to light the sky again. the only other mortal she has trusted is her mate, puudle.

• likes: nighttime; it is when she feels the most emotionally connected to her mate (the moon god) and the only time she can see their many children (the stars), since they are not yet strong enough to detach from their celestial forms.
      clouds; she admires their versatility and how their movement and changing almost resemble shapeshifting.
      water; though she cannot touch it without intense physical pain, the rippling of water is truly mesmerizing for toronto.
      puudle; her beloved mate taught her to love again, and is the only other celestial god that rules earth. it was terribly lonely before she fell in love with him...
      her children; she takes great pride in her children's beauty and purity, and knows that they will be great rulers one day. she feels only a bite of sadness that they may only share the sky with puudle, rather than by the sun in the daylight.

• dislikes: nightmares; the dream catcher pinned to her ear is designed to take in all the nightmares of her subjects and let them boil in the center of the sun during the day, until they are pure and can be sent out once more when puudle raises the moon. this allowed her to see all of the nightmares that plague the mortals, and it gives her great suffering to see these things.
      being a goddess; she is proud of who she is, but she wishes that she could live a life like those of her moral subjects...

backstory: Toronto waited patiently while he finished lapping water from the cold stream. She could wait as long as she needed. He pulled his muzzle back from the surface of the water, but didn't bother to flick the drops from his whiskers. Instead, he stepped lightly into the stream, rolling over once so that his silky grey fur was slicked back. It was not quite as beautiful as the long white pelt he sported in the winter months, but it held her captivated nonetheless. Crouching carefully behind a small cluster of rocks, Toronto screwed up her eyes to prepare donning her disguise.
    She concentrated completely and absolutely on the image of a small female arctic fox, and as soon as the picture came into clearer focus in her mind's eye, she began to change. Her multicolored fur was changing into rippling grey, her scarf, earrings, and dream catcher dissolving into nothing. It wasn't wrong to trick him like this, was it? To be normal, just for a day?
    Pricking his ears, the fox turned back from the water and shook his flank in one swift movement. But then he paused. Paused and crept swiftly to the rubble behind which Toronto sat (now with a fully formed arctic fox disguise). She was terrified, for she had never let anyone see her, excepting the formal gatherings she attended from time to time. True, she was incognito, but it frightened her nonetheless.
    "Sorry, I didn't see you there," he muttered in a slightly raspy voice.
    "T-that's okay," she murmered.
    "What's your name?" he asked, steating himself on a flat bit of rock, "Mine's Puudle."
    "My name? Oh, it's Toronto," she said, feeling quite stupid that she couldn't have thought of a single false name to use.
    He seemed taken aback for only a moment, but regained his composure quickly. "You were named for the sun, then?"
    "Umm, yes, I was."
    Hearing a sharp yip in the distance, Puudle stood up and said, "My sister's calling, I'd best be off. It was nice meeting you, though. Come here tomorrow around midday, I'll be waiting."
    And with that, he turned on his heel and bounded off over the stones.
    ~
    The next morning, Toronto was stumbling around anxiously, and had to be extremely careful not to miss the sunrise. She felt her fur burst into flame as she curled into a tight ball. Climbing slowly through the sky, once the sun reached it's highest point she could detatch herself from it an return to the planet. She had to be quick about returning to the north, or she would be late for Puudle.
    She decided to ride the winds there, as they would be quickest. Besides, the swirling clouds were really lovely this time of year.
    Climbing back down from the sky, she stumbled slightly and nearly fell into the stream. Shaking slightly, she backed away and scrambled to the top of a nearby boulder.
    "That was much too close," she muttered to herself before concentrating on the arctic fox and letting her appearance change.
    "Have you been waiting long?" a rough voice said somewhere to her left, hardly a moment after the shifting was completed.
    "No, I just got here," replied Toronto, turning in time to see Puudle leaping lightly up the boulder beside her.
    He padded up to her and sat down. He was so close, their pelts brushed.
    "It's beautiful, isn't it?" said he, turning his face to the sun.
    "Tha-yes, yes it is," she had almost replied "thank you" but had caught herself in time.
    And they met again, and again. Like clockwork, Toronto arrived after she rose the sun, and was able to transform before Puudle arrived. Her conscience pricked like a thorn, for she knew in her heart that what she was doing was wrong. It was wrong to be fooling him like this... but what else was she to do?
    -
    "Your majesty?" there was a definite note of shock in Puudle's voice. Instantly, he began to sink into a bow at Toronto's feet.
    Oh, no! she thought in horror, I was too late! He caught me before I could transform.
    "S-stop," her voice cracked. The game was up, "It's me. Toronto."
    He straightened up again and looked at her, clearly taken aback. "It... was you? The whole time? W-why didn't you say anything?"
    "Yes," she said quietly, "I'm sorry. I was going to tell you, I really was, but I was afraid. I was afraid of what you would think."
    "Why would you care what I think? You're our Queen."
    "I love you."
    wip

art: wip

~snickers
Last edited by tinydoodles on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Code: Select all
                                              *                                 *
          *     __                   *
   *        ,db'                                                *                     *
          ,d8/        *                                               *
          `db\            *                               *
            `o`_                    *                                              *
                                  _                ___       _.--.
          *                       \`.|\..----...-'`   `-._.-'_.-'`
                *                 /  ' `         ,       __.--'
       *                          )/' _/     \   `-_,   /
                                  `-'" `"\_  ,_.-;_.-\_ ',
//---\/---------__--/-------\\-------- _.-'_./----{_.' ; /----\//--v-----//---\/---------__--/-----
                                     {_.-``-'         {_/

tinydoodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 am

..."If you're going through hell, keep going." |}
...W i n s t o n C h u r c h i l l |}

...B a s i c s |}
...N u m b e r |}
    Kennel P One Forty
    [ P140 ]
...N a m e |}
    Zeyem
    [ "Leader" in Arabic ]
...N i c k n a m e s |}
    Saber
...G e n d e r |}
    Male
...S p e c i e s |}
    Doberman
    [ Canis familiaris ]
...A g e |}
    Nine years old
    [ As compared to an average doberman lifespan ]
...B i r t h d a y |}
    December 15th

...R e a s o n i n g |}
    You mean I need a better reason than I love him? Alright, if I need more; he's gorgeous, and a type of character that I love to write: an anti-hero, who would rather see everyone burn than to help anyone, though he does help as long as it also benefits him. I can easily imagine a dark backstory for him, the reason he's the canine he is today, and my muse loves running wild with him. His blood red eyes, the scars full of stories, the tattered cloak…they all make him so very appealing, I couldn't help but write this form; I can only hope he ends up coming home with me. <3

...U s e s |}
    Like all my characters, he would get a home on my WIP character site, Aani Tiikeri. When I have the chance, I would happily shower him with art, and, of course, he will have a place in my working novel, Eye of the Storm.

...D e f i n i t i o n |}
...P e r s o n a l i t y |}
    Once a patient and gentle soul, the world has made him bitter. A fallen alpha to one of the largest feral dog packs in Europe, he now wanders the streets of New Orleans, a shadow of his former self. Stubborn and anti-social, Saber would rather suffer than to accept help from anyone willing to give it. However, he is a great believer in justice, no matter if it's society's idea as well. An eye for an eye is his policy: if one kills, then they should be killed; if one steals from another, then they should have something of equal value stolen from them. To him, there is no such thing as a justified crime—a crime is a crime, no matter the reason.

There is seemingly only one demographic that may be spared his justice fueled wrath, and that is children. Their innocence is something needing preserved in his mind, and any crime a child commits, can only be blamed on those who corrupted the child's innocence. He has been known to show his old self to children he has met and helped, often enjoying sitting with them and sharing myths from his homeland, often keeping their attention for hours on end.
...T r a i t s |}
    •Bitter
    •Stubborn
    •Anti-social
    •Just
    •Paternal
    •Story-teller
...L i k e s |}
    •Warm Rain
    Coming from a place that doesn't have much rain, and is almost always warm, Saber truly appreciates the pleasures of a fine summer rain. The feeling of the drops hitting his fur is quite pleasant to him, especially after his long incarceration in Hell…or The Facility as the humans called it.

•Children
    As stated before, Saber loves children, and finds a lost pleasure in telling them the myths and stories of his homeland of Morocco. The wonder on their faces as his rich voice weaves the tale is one of the only things that still brings him joy, their innocence envied.
...D i s l i k e s |}
    •Criminals
    Saber has an intense dislike of those who commit crimes, no matter whether it was petty thievery to murder. There is no excuse for crimes, in his mind, and all crimes come with a price, though the price varies on the intensity of the crime. Saber finds a small, perverted pleasure in making these criminals pay, and has his fair share of blood on his paws.

•Killing
    Though he dislikes it, he will kill if that is the punishment warranted. It is his duty, as self-proclaimed protector of this land, to be the hand of justice...and the hand of the executioner.
...F e a r s |}
    •Acrophobia
    [ Fear of Heights ]
    Saber suffers from intense vertigo, and avoids high places at all costs, even if it makes it harder on him to travel.
...D i s o r d e r s |}
    •Acrophobia
...S o n g |}
    Rise - Hans Zimmer [From The Dark Knight Rises]

...P h y s i c a l |}
...W e i g h t |}
    98.3 lbs
...H e i g h t |}
    29.5 inches
    [ Ground-to-Shoulder ]
...S c a r s |}
    •Triad across left eye
    •One across right flank
...A c c e s s o r i e s |}
    •Tattered cape
    •Various necklaces
    •Tattered crown

...F a m i l y & H i s t o r y |}
...B i r t h p l a c e |}
    Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco, Africa
...M o t h e r |}
    Basira
    [ Full-blooded Doberman ]
    [ Deceased ]
...F a t h e r |}
    Adil
    [ Full-blooded Doberman ]
    [ Deceased ]

...O t h e r |}
    Made the image smaller, so it wouldn't cut off. ^.^;; Also, I apologize for the lack of story...school has been destroying my free time. X.x

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 am

when do we find out if we have won?
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am

When the code drop happens, which is scheduled for the 25th, currently. It may take a few days for the results to be posted, so you'll have to be patient.

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:00 am

My form isn't on the list on the front page yet, does it still count? :)
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 am

Yup; Octo doesn't add forms until the end of the round, so it shouldn't be updated, yet.

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 am

Oke dokey!! thank you
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KillerGramcracker <3 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 am

I am looking to adopt...
Kennel number:
Kennel P14
Name:
Costa
Breed:
Timber Wolf
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
I want this gal because, well, for one thing, after the cuff was added, She just came together so verry well, even with the hair she did. For another, I have absolutely fell for her. I will do all in my power for her.
Personality:
A grumpy loner, Costa would much rather lay in her cave than deal with others. When needed, she has a strong bark, and a hard bite. She isn't afraid to use them.
~ Sleeping
~ Venisin
~ Sparkling Grape Juice
~ Watching TV

Dislikes:
~ Pups
~ Broken sleep
~ Beef
~ Milk
~ Loud noises

History/Background:
Born at the wake of a fire, Costa only knew the warmpth of flame. She spent day after day honing her skills aquired at birth. She never knew that she would ever have to use them. One morning, after a heafty mean from finding pizza in the trash of Flint, Costa decided to take a little nap, not realizing the dogcatcher so near. Next she knew, there was ripes and nets as she was jolted from her nap. Enraged, Costa spat fire, burning the ropes, eyes glowing thickly glazed with fear. She snapped the ropes, and took off, trying to leave, when she heared the yelp of a pup. Looking back, Costa saw a young pup in the truck. She turned back to rescue him. The task was simple, and Costa picked up the little one, taking off quickly down the road and into her place of living. She wanted to get rid of the pup, but when he called her his mother, she was stuck, as she laid her head down and went to sleep. The two where inseperable ever since.
Art:
(I don't have time right now)
Other:
Last edited by KillerGramcracker <3 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KillerGramcracker <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me