Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: CLOSED/B'S TAKEOVER~!]

Postby Ray. » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:36 pm

I am looking to adopt...
Picture: [img][Replace%20with%20picture's%20URL!][/img]
Kennel number:
Name:
Breed:
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
Personality:
History/Background:
Art:
Other:

Wip
gone back to school, college life. won't be on much. sorry
My WMEs
Ray.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby red october » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm so very glad to see this up and running again~!

edit; [...I completely missed the fact that donations are closed; sorry! //unobservant]

I am looking to donate...
Image:

Lineart used (if any): N/A; custom by me.
Name: Natasha
Species: Canid of some sort.
Preferences: Feel free to change name and/or gender- I can edit those things on the ref. If you choose to adopt her, I can also give a transparent non-ref version of the image. Just love her and use her, please~
By submitting this form, I, Red October, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.

AreYouAWitch
Last edited by red october on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
red october

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flat as a pancake » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:15 pm

I am looking to adopt...
Picture: [img][Replace%20with%20picture's%20URL!][/img]i like I t how it is
Kennel number: .?
Name: lily
Breed: horse
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?: I will trade to get it and I love horses I remained me of the movie flicka
Personality: friendly kind loving
Dislikes: being alone and tessed
History/Background: a spring island where there Is grass as far as the eye can see
Art: ?
Other: I will youse it for my trade message rule thing
Last edited by Flat as a pancake on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my cottonwood ranch horses viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2102705
Flat as a pancake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:22 pm

You first need to provide us with the kennel number of the character you're going for, Frodo. ^^; Each of the sections in the form aren't for the art itself, it's to show us information you've come up with about the character - the background is the character's history, how it grew up, things like that.
I'd recommend that you look at the other forms, and see what they're doing to get an idea of how POH works. ;)
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wifflebee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:04 am

I am looking to adopt...
Picture:
Kennel number:
F24
Name:
Zeltzam
Means "Strange" in German :]
Breed:
Winged Armadillo :)
I have loved him since the first time I noticed the strange little creature! How long ago was that, a year already?
Well, anyway, I've had my eye on this guy for quite a long time, but never really had the time to finish the form. Today, I decided I'd come take a look at the new arrivals and check out how everything's going with the new management, and found myself wondering if he might still be lurking among the kennels, and to my great delight, he was! I've decided to make time, and am determined to win this little guy over. <3
The design this little fellow sports is simply breathtaking! I tend to say that a lot, but I really feel it goes without saying with this wondrous little creature! His deep brown colors and striking orange stripes bring out the sense of mystery in his demeanor, let alone the wings that protrude from his shoulders like no other creature! Really, how many people do you see around the forums with a flying Armadillo? I think we'd have tons of fun together in stories, and artwork, roleplays. :D He would be displayed in my signature in various art pieces, and hopefully, to the point of when other users think of me, they immediately think of him as well. :]

Personality:
Haha, little Zelt's personality is quite... Uhm, strange, I suppose. Given the fact that he is indeed labeled a, "Freak of Nature," he can be quite touchy when referred to as weird, or "different." Being the dignified creature he is, these names seem to hurt the poor thing deeply, and send him into what I call his "shell of shame," which is as you might have guessed, when he tucks himself into his shell of solitude and refuses to reveal himself until he hears a direct apology, or the rude insulter is out of his presence. The only thing that can bring him out of these pouting tantrums are the scent of his absolute favorite food, Escargot. Yes, snails.
Well, as you will discover when you read his history, Zelt loves any kind of insect or bug, but his favorites are slugs and snails. He really seems to prefer snails over slugs, but he'll take both any day.
He definitely prefers warm weather to cold, but Autumn seems to be an exception. He LOVES to play in the fiery orange and red leaves, and hiding in trees is one of his favorite seasonal games.
Oh, yes, I forgot! Zelt also prefers closed-in spaces rather than wide open arenas, and is quite the snuggler because of this. He enjoys partially curling up in a ball to fit perfectly in the crook of your arm and will lay with you for hours, sometimes even fall asleep, if you're lucky!

Dislikes:
Other than the obvious fact of his cold-shoulder treatment to anyone who hurts his feelings, Zelt really doesn't mind most things. Hmm... Oh, there is of course the cold, long months of winter. He despises everything cold; ice, snow, water, you name it. He hates venturing outdoors, even just for a short trip to the market when there is snow on the ground. If I am lucky enough to pry him off of his comfortable perch by the fireplace, he insists on riding inside the brown leather satchel I carry.
History/Background:
Zelt was raised by an elderly lady whom many believed to be a witch. Of course, I, being a reasonable and strong minded realist, didn't ever believe these rumors. Well... That is, until the day I met Zeltzam. I think I'll start there! The day we met! Now, mind you, when I first met him, he was quite young and mischievous!
It started as a normal day at the market, I had just reached the fruit stand where, to my great amusement, a large, bustling crowd had gathered. A shrill shriek that could be heard from miles away pierced through the low murmur of conversation and the voices of determined traders. There, one of the biggest slugs I had ever seen, perched itself on a ripe tomato.
The stand keeper staggered backwards, eyes darting wildly to each face. A rather large lady - most likely the one who had let out such a cry - stood, staring at the small creature with terror. Her lip quivered as she sputtered, "I- I TOUCHED it! IT TOUCHED ME!" The poor lady seemed as if she would surely burst into tears, or possibly even faint. I quickly reached forward and gently lifted the slug off the produce, "It's okay! It's just a slug!" I insisted, cupping it in my hands. The lady gasped and slapped a hand over her heart, "Oh! It was on the... The... Ugggh!" She crinkled her nose and turned away, eyes still wide with terror and shock.
Sighing, I turned and walked to the nearest tree, quietly studying the large mollusk. It's eyes slowly appeared, one by one, until it stared back with an innocent, unknowing gaze. I grinned, holding it in one palm. "Have a nice snack?" It slowly turned and crawled to the edge of my fingers, resting there for a moment to gaze back at me once more. I couldn't believe what happened next.
A small animal whizzed past me, snatched the slug up in mid air with what seemed to be a thin snout, and disappeared into the dense shrubbery. "W-What was that!?" I muttered aloud. I gazed around the area, and back at the market, but no one else seemed to have noticed. That's when I spotted a thin old lady, shoving her way through the crowd. She hobbled over, eyeing me with blue, forlorn eyes. "H-Have you seen anything... Unusual, lately?" She muttered. I stared for a moment before nodding quickly. "Well, yes, just now, actually..." I confirmed. "Oh good! A-An animal, yes? Where did it go?" She demanded. I quickly directed her into the thick forest the strange animal had escaped to. Her face fell. She grumbled something I couldn't quite decipher and suddenly pointed an old, boney finger at me. "I can't navigate through all of that, but you can! Find 'em, and you can have 'em! Save's my sanity!" She crooned, letting out a muffled cackle. From the things she was saying, I couldn't help but doubt she had any left. Before I could protest, she turned and quickly hobbled away again, disappearing into the crowd.
Sighing, I turned back to the vast woodlands before me and stared for a few moments. It seemed to pull me in, every leaf, tree, and twig, screaming adventure. A small smile appeared on my lips. 'It was probably some kind of bird the old lady had mistaken for a dragon, or something. What do I have to loose?' I thought to myself. I silently stepped into the small forest, searching for any signs of the odd animal. It was then that I realized I didn't know what to look for. "I need some kind of bait..." I muttered to myself. The memory of the large slug and how quickly the little creature devoured it entered my mind, and I quickly began searching the leaves and twigs that littered the ground. Grinning, I bent down and lifted a small slug, gently setting it on my palm. It was considerably smaller than the one at the fruit stand, but maybe this critter wasn't too picky...
A faint rustle. I eyed the trees around me, expecting to see some kind of small bird or rodent. Nothing... Frowning, I set the slug down on it's leaf and scanned the trees again. A snail, not even an inch away from me, slowly crawled up the bark of a smooth dog wood tree. I watched it for a few moments before an idea entered my mind. Maybe this creature preferred something a bit more crunchy? I gently peeled the snail off of it's tree and held it a good distance away, aimed up at the tree tops. The small mollusk curled itself around my finger, it's long antenna-like eyes watching the sky with curiosity.
I frowned, feeling slightly guilty. "Sorry!" I whispered, but remained still. To my great surprise, a small creature resembling an armadillo quietly inched forward, perched on a nearby tree branch, and watched me. It's striking orange eyes instantly snapped to the snail, and in one swift motion, it swooped down and snatched it off of my palm, just as it had with the slug. I stared, dumb founded. "No... way..." I muttered quietly. The creature chewed noisily, and halted almost as soon as the words had left my mouth. I froze, silent, hoping desperately that he wouldn't fly off. He didn't, and instead, went right back to finishing his meal.
As he ate, I studied him, taking in every odd detail. Two small, leathery wings protruded from his shell, which was lined with wild, bright orange stripes. I continued to stare in awe, and gasped when I realized he seemed to be studying me, as well. Grinning, I slowly stroked his small, bumpy shell. The small creature winced and cringed, and eventually began tucking himself into his shell, nearly rolling off of my hand. I quickly secured my grasp, but it remained gentle, and cautious. "I-I'm sorry..." I murmured, lifting him a bit closer to my face. Sighing, I began a search for yet another snail, hoping it would lure him out of his pout.
Finally, I found a small snail and set it on my palm beside him. Slowly but surely, he cautiously uncurled and snatched it up. I smiled again and watched him. "So strange..." I whispered. The small, winged armadillo shot a glared in my direction, and when he finished his meal, curled right back up again. "I'm sorry! That was rude, wasn't it? I didn't mean to insult you!" I apologized. Again, the animal slowly revealed himself, and his glare became an indifferent, if not curious, gaze - almost as if he had forgiven me.
Laughing, I carefully stroked him, and this time, he did not flinch. "Hm... I guess I'll call you Zeltzam, then." I declared, grinning down at him. Zeltzam stared up at me, his gaze skeptical. "Yeah, Zelt for short. How's that?" I asked. Zeltzam's gaze softened as he kneaded my palm with his soft, padded feet, almost like a cat. "Sounds good to me, too."

Art:
Other:

Wow... I am so sorry. o.o
Last edited by Wifflebee on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
{ She/Her | My dA | Discord #2644 | The Fish Bowl | Toyhou.se}
[| Commissions;; OPEN |]
*Currently open for feral character design commissions ONLY. Message me! c: USD Only, sorry! :c

Wifflebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wepkir » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 am

I am looking to adopt and cherish...

Kennel number:P6
Desired Name:Sky
Given Name:N/A
Breed:Mystic Hunting Wolf
Personality:
History/Background:
Art:
Other:

WIP
wepkir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SSQM » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm

I am looking to adopt...

Kennel number: P115

Name: Greenlee

Meaning: From the green field

Origin: English

Breed: Wolf

Well, it's been a while since I've wandered into Pound of Hope and I saw this pretty girl sitting here. She will be going into a current story I own as a friend of my main character.

I do plan on getting art of her if I win, and of course, only if I win.

Personality:
Greenlee is the best friend of Elina. That means keeping her wayward friend in line! Greenlee can be seen as bossy and a stickler for any sort of rules or traditions. She doesn't like any kind of fighting, just like Elina, though, but Greenlee even includes play fighting, finding it pointless, especially if one gets hurt.

Likes: Order- Tradition, tradition, tradition. The order of things has Greenlee wrapped up constantly. Certain ways to do things in the pack are what Greenlee can obsess over. Etiquette is important to her, just as much as "in stone" rules.
Rules- This goes hand in hand with order, but rules are different since rules can be more easily broken than a simple forgotten piece of etiquette, though that would still make Greenlee cringe.
Water- The river in the part of the forest where Elina and Greenlee live is predictable, since it is always calm. Greenlee likes to come here to relax and lay by the shore and watch the water flow downstream. Another reason Greenlee likes the river is because she finds swimming to be a great pastime.
Elina's brother- Elina is the daughter of the alpha male and female. Her eldest brother is in line for being the next alpha male and she surely would like to be at his side. She finds him attractive and it doesn't hurt that he's rather restrained when it comes to fun. The more stoic his expression, the more Greenlee wants to be his mate.

Dislikes: Rough-housing- Greenlee was the runt of her litter, so her siblings always tried to rough-house with her the most. She was easily hurt by the constant rough-housing, so any sort of fighting or even play fighting can not only hurt her emotionally, but also physically.
Rule-breakers- If she likes rules, why would she like others who disregard them? It's another reason she would like to be Elina's brother's mate, so she can crack down on the wrong-doers of her pack.
Excess or Unnecessary things- If it's pointless, Greenlee doesn't want anything to do with it. An example: if Elina wants to play a game when there's work to be done, Greenlee will temporarily ignore her friend to do work or will tell Elina to get to work, albeit with an annoyed tone.
Weakness- She's been weak since she was born. She hates showing that she's in pain, seeing as it can happen a lot.

History/Background: "C'mon! You're such a slow poke!" Elina yelled at me from several trees ahead. We were only going to get a drink of water from the river near our home, so I have no idea why she was in such a rush.

"I told you, it's not a race!" I trotted over, seeing as she was already drinking.
Art:
Other: Not as much of a WIP now. You can take it as it is, though it is still WIP. xD (Then again, I always feel like it's WIP.) x3
Last edited by SSQM on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSQM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phoenix's Rebirth » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:51 pm

And remember, applicants, that the Crit Staff is here to help you! The deadline is coming up fast, so if you'd like your form critiqued, please fill out the form and let us know!
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
-Matthew 5: 4

Image Image Image

I never blamed you . . . not once.
-Aerith
Phoenix's Rebirth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I am looking to adopt...

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as heck don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

General Info wrote:Kennel number:
P137
Name:
Dakota
Nickname:
She doesn't like her name because there really isn't many nicknames for her name.
Breed:
feline

Why do you want this animal?
She reminds me of me.
Seriously, I looked at her and almost died of shock.
I was looking for a character that just sang to me and well She blasted her music.
I know originally she was a boy but I couldn't help myself.
this is a big W.I.P. for now but tomorrow I'm going to fix it all up and stuff.
If you don't want it formatted like this I can fix it pretty easily just ask me please.

What will you do for it?
Well all this, postpone an opening of a thread of mine
ignore my home work, think really hard.
Possibly make her my fursona. Maybe kinda doubt it.
Focus, draw. The list goes on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting Deeper wrote:Personality:
~Troubled~
She is troubled by her past and is learning to cope and control certain things she never knew how to. She is still bothered by her past because the one who is the cause of it continues to drag it on. Sometimes she doubts herself wondering if she'll ever actually be what she wants.

~Loving~
She is very loving but no one really knows that side unless you look closely behind her motives of doing something. That's how she usually shows her affection is through certain actions. Sometimes if your really close to her and she feels she needs to protect you she'll give you her tough love side. In her romantic relationships she can fall hard a little too fast but shows her affection much easier, she's never known why.

~Stubborn~
If she doesn't really want to do something she's just not going to. End of story. If your going to argue with her come prepared, she won't admit defeat until you can 100% completely prove it. She'll stick up for what she believes in especially if you hit the right nerve then your in for an earful.

~Clumsy~
She is super clumsy and can't stand on her own paws sometimes, people really think she should get her balance checked. She knows there is something off on her balance but doesn't really want to do much about it. She runs into things and trips and falls a lot.

~Strong~
She is very strong mentally, it takes a lot more than just a family members death to make her cry tears of sadness. She tries to be the pillar of strength to hold everyone else up. Her physical strength varies depending on what your talking about.

~Kinda Hypocrytical~
Dakota can be a tad hypocrytical. Like when she gives good advice people say she should take her own advice sometimes. Small things like that she can be pretty bad about.

~Intelligent~
She has book smarts and is very smart and a quick learner most of the time. However she has no common sense, it's like she ran crap outta luck in that area.

~Feeds off others~
You read that and thought of vampires or those people who live off the government. Well it's not like that, when other people get excited she does too, she feeds off the energy of the people around her. Unless she really is just in a rotten mood she does get excited when people she doesn't hate do.

~Pessimist~
She is pessimistic and looks for the bad to happen next. She doesn't always think that anymore but she always looks for it even if she doesn't know it.

~Blatantly Honest~
She can be almost brutal with her honesty, but will tell you the truth if that shirt makes you look fat or not. People enjoy her company because of her blatant honesty, which they often find funny.

~Dreamer~
I'm sure your thinking okay how can she be pessimistic and a dreamer? Well even pessimist have dreams, and she does a lot. This is were the creative part of her goes crazy. She will day dream at anytime, and come up with some crazy stuff.

~Funny~
She comes up with some pretty funny stuff, and her friends enjoy it. She has super crazy friends that she adores, and they make her laugh till she cries most of the time. That's about the only time you'll see tears down her face.

~Awkward~
When I said she was troubled I didn't mean just troubled by her past. She is pretty socially awkward as well. Every day away from the one who caused almost all her troubles lets her become more and more social. In most awkward situations she laughs, so sometimes even if she's pissed she'll laugh. Most people mistake that for her being okay, but boy are they wrong.

~Quiet~
Unless she knows you she is generally a quiet and shy when she first meets you kind of person. If she's in a place and there's no one she knows she gets nervous and a little scared.

~Abandonment Issues~
Her mother (Aka: one who cause a lot of her troubles) was never there for her, and most likely never will be. Her mother is a fake person always saying this doing that, and lying like there's no tomorrow. her mother screwed up at a young age and has issues. Her mother manipulates and lies like everyday. Once as a kid her mom left her in the woods just to scare her from venturing too far off. She has had issues with being alone in places since then. It makes her nervous and scared. She gets better with it as she gets older but still has issues.

~Confident~
She looks confident and has accepted herself for who she is. She still doubts herself and doubts it when people tell her she is confident but she really is confident. Whether she wants to believe that or not is up to her.

~Creative~
She comes up with different ways to do things and can come up with a story on a whim. She loves to draw and show her creativity that way too.

~Weak Spot~
She truly has a kind heart, and behind her toughness she is one big mess of kindness. Sometimes the two parts of her personality clash and she ends up doing something that hurts someone she loves but it sounded right to her at the time.

~Mature~
Although her maturity level may vary a little depending on who she's around she is more mature than most. She's the most level-headed one in her group of friends, most of the time keeping their butts outta trouble.

~Trust Issues~
With the problems her mother gave her and all the people that have ever betrayed her (Which is a lot) she has trust issues. At first she had an issue trying to trust one of her best friends but soon learned she really was trust worthy.

~Paranoid~
She is slightly paranoid and sometimes certain paranoid thoughts follow her around.

~Absent Minded~
She can remember what she's doing one second and the next totally forget it. She can be thinking about something serious and then suddenly be thinking about what she's going to draw next. Sometimes it can get pretty bad.

.Music
.Nickelback
.Lifehouse
.Sick Puppies (A band)
.Animals
.Horses
.Some country music
.Painting
.Drawing
.Writing
.The moon
.swimming

Dislikes:
.Justin Beiber
.Gangnam Style
.Sexy and I know it
.Lasagna
.Ants
.Bugs she doesn't know what they are.
.GD bad word
.Pink (as in the color)
.Snobs
.Arrogant mean people
.Asking Alexandria
.Mornings
.Others who don't have respect for others.
.Others who don't know boundaries
.Twilight series
.backstabbers
.liars

Friends:
~
History/Background:
~
Other:
~

Art:
Last edited by .The Bootless Box. on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI
-------------------------------------------------

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wifflebee » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Are you allowed to resize the original image of the character you are trying to adopt to better suit your form? ^^ The image of the one I'm trying for is a bit big.
{ She/Her | My dA | Discord #2644 | The Fish Bowl | Toyhou.se}
[| Commissions;; OPEN |]
*Currently open for feral character design commissions ONLY. Message me! c: USD Only, sorry! :c

Wifflebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me