❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby ultimate writer. » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:54 am

Oh man. Homework really got the best of me

Other than @Ranger North knowing, I'm making a big project. Let's say it's an online novel, but it took me alot to think about the whole plot, characters, arcs' and so on.

So basically, there is a group of 13 year olds who call themselves ' Pole Stars '.
They get in constant breath-taking adventures. This story takes place in future, when robots took over humanity. The kids swore to restore humanity even if it involves their lives. People didn't took them seriously. No romance involved. But there will be romance in the second book, that'll take place when they're adults, and lots of dangerous situations.

Also some of the kids will die.

Okay no more spoilers-
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:04 pm

What tactics do you guys use to set up your character’s appearance, be it first or third person writing?
Hmm, a lot of my characters are animals so as soon as they're introduced I need to describe them so people know what they are. Usually I just give the most important details straight up, so species, color, and size, then slip in a few things later on if neccesary. Guess it's a little blunt :/

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 pm

WORST!! Sad to see you go, but it was nice meeting up with ya one last time /salutes
I don't remember you ever being "edgy" or "mean"; you were always ready to help out when we needed it, and I know we'll miss that c: Hope things calm down for you in your corner of the world! <3

What tactics do you guys use to set up your character’s appearance, be it first or third person writing?
Describe gradually, and only when it's relevant; only when it could plausibly be noticed irl - that would be my advice. Windy day? Maybe her sight's obscured by a "dark veil". Skin-colour? Have her do something with her hands that she'd notice ("long brown fingers"), or have someone comment on it ("you're looking extra pale today!"). That sort of thing c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultimate writer. » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Okay so
I've been ignoring the names for the kids (yes I'm working on it)
I'm planning to set up the country being Japan? Since it has alot of high-tech things nowadays. And I'm being extremely lazy and procrastinating when comes to drawing them, so I planned to either use faceclaims or stop procrastinating and start drawing them.

Honestly, I will most likely to apply third person view? There are very few cases when my characters have very long thoughts like ' How do we park this bridge? We're totally dead'. 'The robots are coming!' ' I need to save my group! ' * and so on. These thoughts are most likely to be first person view.

* @Ranger these are spoilers to my book-
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:44 am

Small rant or other thing? I dunno...burnt out.
I have written the same beginning three different times, all in the span of three years. I know things that will happen and the ending, but I have no idea how to make a timeline of it. I get discouraged and upset. When will I buckle down to actually write and plan? Make everything plausible?

Trying to worldbuild. Trying to draw species, fauna and flora, areas and such. I need to read more books, makes me inspired. Playing video games inspires me and of course listening to music. I get braindead easily. It might be all the coffee I drink all day...but it's so good. Oof. I don't know what I am talking about right now. I just want to write my novel in peace, be able to flow with the story like I used to in 6-7th grade! I'm an adult now, and it seems so hard. Ugh. I get fixated on the random facts in lore and such, then I don't know how to write them in!

I keep sighing.
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:39 am

I feel you. I'm what you might call a loremaster when it comes to the whole novelling thing. I make entire worlds and cultures and timelines, and when that's all done, I'm too burnt out to write it. What I've found that helps is to keep organized notes on random different worlds in a nice, organized place. My brain goes "Oh! You've got this saved, so I don't have to think about it quite so hard" and most of the time it lets me get back to writing like I want to.

As for the intro thing, you could do it like most teachers say you should write a paper: Get the body and conclusion written, and then write your intro and title. It sounds really dumb, and I personally don't like writing that way, but I'm fairly good at writing introductions. It's the body that trips me up whenever I try. So, if you have a general idea of what goes on in a different neck of the woods, you can jump in there and see if that doesn't fry your brain. ((Side note: Maybe try hot chocolate. It's got less caffeine and still tastes pretty good))

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Hey guys! Long time no see! I've been really slowly working on my book, haha. I am currently on chapter 42 of CITR and have it planned out all the way up to 63, I believe. I'm very excited to have a direction and an outline now, since I've been stuck at a roadblock.

Small post, but I missed you guys and wanted to say hi <3
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi
Good luck with getting to the end ^-^

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Hi
Good luck with getting to the end ^-^

Ha, thanks. I hope I get there...writing this book feels like crawling across a vast desert with no water.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:Hey guys! Long time no see! I've been really slowly working on my book, haha. I am currently on chapter 42 of CITR and have it planned out all the way up to 63, I believe. I'm very excited to have a direction and an outline now, since I've been stuck at a roadblock.

Small post, but I missed you guys and wanted to say hi <3
Look up "hyped" in the dictionary and you'll find me there :D XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me