❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby winged-backpack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:23 am

@kurojaki welcome! Watch out for carrots, they're deadly!

@Bucket personally, I would say consistency over length (quality not quantity) but I'm sure you could find a way of incorporating what you're trying to do and keep it fairly consistent. Experiment a little and I'm sure you'll find a composition you're happy with.

Okay, so I've been having an emotional roller-coaster whilst planning my novel. I was a bit unorthodox and decided to use a spreadsheet to plan out each chapter (there are going to be at least 18) and the plot is killing me as a writer. Spoilers for my book ahead!! It's fairly simple and the thing that's sending me over the edge is having to kill off one of my protagonists. She's assassinated whilst leading a protest to expose the governments plans (aka: not doing anything wrong) and her death is what sets off a chain of events to end the war that's happening. I just know that when I actually get around to writing out her death, the floodgates will open!

If anyone is willing to give me some feedback on a brief plot summary, I'd really appreciate it! I'm fairly happy with it, I was just wondering if there's any glaring plot holes that I'm missing or anything ^^
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:53 am

Describe your OCs to us!
Hmm.... Mostly.... Animals.... I have noticed that there is a difference between the ones in a medieval setting and modern, the medieval ones tend to walk on interchangeably on all fours and upright, have loose rules for wearing clothes, and be able to do physical feats of their species e.i squirrels can jump super far, otters can swim far, ect. While the modern (or moderner) are more like humans in standing up on two feet, stricter clothing rules, and inability to be any more physically active than a human might.

How difficult do you find it to kill off your characters?
Uh... I might have trouble with that. I do kill off characters, main characters sometimes, but not often. I just... feel bad about it. I know the whole 'kill your darlings' thing is suppose to attract readers and get them emotionally involved and stuff, but I don't want to. I like my characters and I'm not beyond banging them up pretty bad, emotionally and physically, but if I don't have it planned out in the story I probably won't kill them.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Describe your OCs to us!

Well. I have too many to explain in the next ten years, so I'll just go with my favorite currently most-used OC. His name is Akiyoshi, and he's the cutest little gay blop in the Fairy Tail Universe. :3 //too lazy to explain more// PM me if you Fairy Tail RP and would be interested in a 1x1

I literally involved Shinigami in a story so that I could find a way around death for the above character. I will protect my main characters until I die...but a few major side characters are good for dying. I once killed off somebody because they were allergic to something; I have no heart when it comes to brutal deaths. Just my main characters.
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I haven't really had to kill off anyone I had a close attachment to. Tbh, Oscar was probably the worst. Or Lance... I dunno. I only kill them off if there's a reason though, if it's just for emotional impact, I won't kill anyone.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Describe your OCs to us!
. . . . . . . Hectic. *snorts* That's kind of like the only word I can think of to describe them in one word only. Hectic. More of them are Mary Sue/Gary Stus than I'd like, but hopefully I can fix that as I keep writing.

In theory - not very. In practice, I'm pretty sure I abhor it, because even with all my wailing about being mean to my characters, I don't think I've ever killed off anyone who was the audience interacted with I mean aside from Ira but does he really count
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm

hi guys I'm sick

*in croaky voice* Hi everyone! Welcome new people, avoid carrots! *coughs* Seriously, though. I think I might have eaten some carrots and am coming close to death. XD

totally haven't been binge watching Doctor Who today...or Dan and Phil...what?

Describe your OCs to us!
Uh...there are too many of them to smush all together in one short paragraph or two. Some of them are bright little balls of sunshine, others are spiteful little beasts who hate the light. Okay, that might have been a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. My characters are all across the charts, although they may be a tad more generic in some cases then I would like them to be.

I haven't had the pleasure opportunity to kill any characters yet, as I haven't made it quite that far. Some of my stories won't even call for death. However, I'm actually hoping it'll break my heart to kill one, as weird as that sounds. What's the point in killing a character if it doesn't draw some emotion from you? Whether that be sadness, anger, or joy, it should make you feel something. One of my favorite writing quotes that I read somewhere is "No tears in the author, no tears in the reader." Gotta feel for your own characters if you want the readers to feel anything, yeah?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Nooo I can't do it. I have a habit of getting attached to characters really easily
and I find it difficult to get rid of them, especially if they are interesting or
unique. At the moment, I don't need to kill any but I will have to sometime
(because you know...murder cult and stuff.) Writing gore for me is a no no,
I have a very weak stomach so I'm going to have to be rather blunt with the
descriptions for my sake-
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm new... I've pm'd the owner, and I believe I can post before they accepted me?
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:10 am

Oh, yeah, definitely! Welcome to the club, Arya - stay away from carrots, they're freaking DEADLY to writerkind.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:49 am

*blinks, confused*
What do you mean? Carrots?!?

Oh, and just wondering, what kind of things do you discuss here? Mostly answer to questions like above or talk, about what?
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me