❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:46 pm

SilverCrescentMoon wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
Poor Kayel! How did this all happen...?

In all honesty, I have no idea yet..I'm hoping to continue it, since it's really a different style/theme then I'm used to writing. Plus, there's a message I would like to get across with it. I'm not really sure where I would take the story, though...hm ^^

Hehehe. Sounds like fun :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:09 am

Lunar Kitty wrote:I have a question for you guys:
Out of context, what's the strangest sentence you've ever had one of your characters say?

"If you don't have a broom, get one."
Is a pretty random one, I think. It does make sense in the context, but I think it's pretty random and funny by itself.
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:19 am

Out of context, what's the strangest sentence you've ever had one of your characters say?

Here's something I found in an old draft:
    “Katie, a blonde who wears leather jackets and is still technically married. We met five years ago in a library. I was searching for two books: one on car engines, the other on the history of Roltu, the latter of which is banned. She was smoking in the romance isle while simultaneously reading drivel.”
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 am

There's probably weirder ones then these, but this is all I could dig up rip:

Indigo climbed up onto a high rock that overlooked the river and peered down as far as he could. “Dry as a dead dingo’s donger,” he uttered, disappointment laced into his tone.

Throwing the Zinnalu's blue-red skin to the ground and wiping his hands on his jeans, he caught sight of something that made him frown.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:17 am

Question for all of you. What do I do when I meet fellow writers in competition? I have depression and anxiety, so I don't know how to act around people... I'm a guest of honor at my region' banquet for Scholastic Art &a Writing awards. I don't know how I'm supposed to act around the others. (I'm the youngest gold winner in my category. I don't have much experience at all, this was my first year in the competition.)
Image Image
𝑰𝑭 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭
hi! i'm aubrey. i love trades and
pms. i have bpd so i'm sorry if
if i'm moody! i'm an infj/4w5/cn

█████████████
─────────────
█████
█████

abt spty
trd mcr
█████
───𝑴𝒀𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭?
LIGHTS OFF
♏︎☀ - ♏︎ - ♒︎
( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:37 am

AnotherDarkHeart wrote:Question for all of you. What do I do when I meet fellow writers in competition?

Overall, just be friendly and get them to talk about themself. Congratulations on the award, too!
    Don't act like all the other writers are special, ethereal beings that are made of magic and holy perfection, first off. Think of them as you would normal people. Generally, try to be polite and introduce yourself, and then get whomever you're trapped in a conversation with to start talking about themself. Ask them what award they won, where they're from, what their story was about, et cetera. About five minutes in, pretend you have to go to the bathroom.

SilverCrescentMoon wrote:
Indigo climbed up onto a high rock that overlooked the river and peered down as far as he could. “Dry as a dead dingo’s donger,” he uttered, disappointment laced into his tone.

Throwing the Zinnalu's blue-red skin to the ground and wiping his hands on his jeans, he caught sight of something that made him frown.

...What?
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:41 am

AnotherDarkHeart wrote:Question for all of you. What do I do when I meet fellow writers in competition? I have depression and anxiety, so I don't know how to act around people... I'm a guest of honor at my region' banquet for Scholastic Art &a Writing awards. I don't know how I'm supposed to act around the others. (I'm the youngest gold winner in my category. I don't have much experience at all, this was my first year in the competition.)

Unfortunately, I can't help you there. I suck at socializing. Seriously, if y'all saw the way I act at school...I usually don't talk to anyone purely out of fear ^^'

@Worst- Erm...the second one was from my NaNo story that I gave up on. He's on another planet eating a fruit I made up (Zinnalu). It makes much more sense in context, but by itself it obviously sounds pretty strange XD
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:54 am

SilverCrescentMoon wrote:@Worst- Erm...the second one was from my NaNo story that I gave up on. He's on another planet eating a fruit I made up (Zinnalu). It makes much more sense in context, but by itself it obviously sounds pretty strange XD

That's pretty cool!
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:45 pm

@Silver I like it! You should totally keep going.

@Darkheart I can't help you there. I'm home schooled and have no idea how to talk to people.

This one was just a thought:
I'm a black man from Detroit I'm going to die first.

"I'd rather not wait around to die - or worse, wait until Spence gets bored."

"Did we just take directions from a freakishly tall guy we don't know?"

"At least we don't have to deal with angry Vikings!"
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 pm

So, I've worked on my novel a bit more, and decided that the exposition-y type chapter I wrote is actually gonna be the prologue.
I'd just like to see what you all think? It's still pretty short but as it's only a prologue I don't think that will matter too much :D

Prologue

“Let God decide! Let God decide!”

It started with a baby born of three parents. The scientists and doctors involved knew that if they could switch the nucleus of cell, it was only a matter of time before they could then go even deeper, and alter the genetics of human physiology, before they’ve even started to develop.

“Who gives you the right?”

It was revolutionary at the time. The possibility of curing genetic diseases by essentially eradicating them before they could even begin to show was the start of a new world, where no parent had to worry about whether their children would be plagued with their maladies.

It was deemed unethical, but soon the scientists gained clearance, with the prospect of curing disease. There were people against it, even in this first stage of discovery. The protests were extensive, but the scientists persevered and succeeded. But soon it extended well beyond just preventing disease.

Doctors and scientists started to alter other genes in the children in secret, and this gave rise to the designer babies. Parents would be able to choose exactly how their children would look, like some grotesque version of Build-A-Bear.

“Not your choice! Not your choice”

As long as the genes were there, they could be changed. Hair colour, eye colour, even skin colour could be predetermined before they had developed. The only thing standing in the way of the genetic alteration was fertilisation.

The scientists needed fertilised eggs to experiment on, and permission from the government. They bypassed this quickly, and the scientists used their own sex cells, and conducted the study in private; no one knew except those involved. It’s no wonder they call them geniuses. However, it was risky, and expensive. At first, it didn’t work. Thousands of embryos were discarded and many were unhappy, mainly that it hadn’t worked. Some of the more religious scientists saw this as a loss of human life.

“They’re human too!”

Is a ball of cells really a human, though?

In any case, in those early days, they wouldn’t allow any embryos to be implanted into uteruses to develop. Their ethical concerns were mainly with the human mothers who would have to suffer miscarriages.

Years of growing embryos in petri dishes and thousands more failed attempts finally paid off when they finally succeeded in perfectly simulating the conditions in which an embryo can successfully grow, and a handful of specimens survived. Eventually enough survived that they were confident in implanting one into a human. That human’s name was Lelah White, one of the most influential biologists in this project. She had donated may of her own eggs to the project, and it was one of those which had finally managed to survive.

“Why should we choose their futures?”

From that egg grew a healthy baby girl, Marie. They knew what she was going to look like, of course. Brown eyes, brown hair, dark complexion; Lelah had decided all of this. That baby was the start of an era.

(I kinda censored a little bit bc i'm not sure if it would break any rules?? Anyways, sorry for long post and any critique would be awesome!! Thanks y'all :D)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me