❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby mew, » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:16 pm

DeMaizu wrote:Can you write better at night or day? Or doesn't it matter?
Totally doesn't matter. A lot of the time, I'll get these really cool ideas - right when I don't have access to writing things (laptop, notebook, etc). And then I'll be sitting in front of my computer thinking, "Alright, any minute now." And I won't be able to write anything. And then other times I'll be like "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" with flying fingers and everything.

oml same here. I'll be sitting there like 'Okay... I have an idea... But I don't know what it is yet...'
Oh or sometimes I have an Idea, but by the time I start typing or creating characters, I completely forget what my idea was ._.

anyway...
Can you write better at night or day? Or doesn't it matter?
Well, they both have pros and cons... During the day, I can remember things easier because i'm less tired, but there's just sooo many distractions. At night, though, i don't have much to distract me except the random desire to read a really good book. But then I get tired and just kind of... doze off... for hours... and sometimes not wake up until 12:00 PM depending on when I fell asleep.
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:12 pm

I find I tend to write best in the evenings, between 7 and 10. Any earlier and it is harder to focus, and any later and I'm really tired. XD I can write at any time really, though.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:01 am

So. Would anyone be interested in reading about a person who's being followed/chased/tracked(not sure which word to use)by creatures of horror? Particularly Japanese horror creatures? They're being followed because apparently they're stolen something belonging to the community, except they don't know it. And of course, they're all panicky beCAUSE THERE'S JAPANESE CREATURES OF HORROR DOGGING THEIR EVERY STEP.
I dunno, I just woke up from this stupid nightmare where I was walking down an abandoned road and a teke teke was following me O.o GAH. But then all sorts of other beings started showing up behind me every time I turned to look, and they kept pointing at me like I'd taken something from them. They never attacked, they just walked after me with their fingers pointed rght smack dab at me.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 am

DeMaizu wrote:So. Would anyone be interested in reading about a person who's being followed/chased/tracked(not sure which word to use)by creatures of horror? Particularly Japanese horror creatures? They're being followed because apparently they're stolen something belonging to the community, except they don't know it. And of course, they're all panicky beCAUSE THERE'S JAPANESE CREATURES OF HORROR DOGGING THEIR EVERY STEP.
I dunno, I just woke up from this stupid nightmare where I was walking down an abandoned road and a teke teke was following me O.o GAH. But then all sorts of other beings started showing up behind me every time I turned to look, and they kept pointing at me like I'd taken something from them. They never attacked, they just walked after me with their fingers pointed rght smack dab at me.

That sounds pretty interesting! Sorry about the nightmare, though; that must have been horrible.

Code: Select all
[b]What are some cliches that irk you while reading?[/b]

I really hate the classic dystopian formula: straight, teenage, female, white protagonist lives in an Orwellian, Communist world with some unoriginal backstory about how the country (it's always the USA) was taken over by either an oligarchy or a monarchy. She finds out that her society is bad, gains a boyfriend who has just about as much complexity as she does, which is approximately none. Then, she finds out that she has special powers and tries to take over the government, probably killing tons of innocent people in the process. The exceptions that come to mind are Station Eleven and The Young Elites, which was technically a fantasy anyways.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:32 am

@De- That sounds really cool! And creepy...XD

My ideas definitely flow better at night, but I have school all week, so I don't stay up past 10:30 for the sake of functioning decently during the day. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I don't have any distractions. Home is actually a pretty bad place for me to write, but I can totally write during third period at school because I never do anything during class there and can just pop my earbuds in and type for an hour and a half.

What are some cliches that irk you while reading?
Erm...popular girls and guys. They're always mean, they're always dating, and they're always on the best teams and clubs. They are portrayed as dumb and stupid, and never caring about school. I guess I kind of do that in one of my books though, heh. Um...boy meets girl, usually one is popular and the other isn't, and they fall for each other. Super annoying. And...any cliche superhero stuff. I love superhero stories, don't get me wrong, but I feel like....they're all the same. I don't know what it is, but it's like:

Anyway, yeah. I've said my piece. I also finished chapter three of "Classified," which has a lot of action in it (I think). Writing a spy story is fun hehe
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:24 am

Strong girl is better at everything, but still ends up as sidekick. Dragon sidekick that is really only a prop. A girl who is better at something but can't pursue it because of society. Some clichés are fun and really its impossible to avoid them. But when they take over the story, its annoying.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:51 am

Gonna have to agree with Username, I HATE dystopian cliches. It doesn't even have to have a female protagonist, I don't even care about their race/sexuality/what-have-you, I just hate the dystopian cliche in general. It's almost never original, and almost always has to do with the protagonist having some "specialty" that the government hates. Of course, I'm only aware of the children/teenage ones like "The Hunger Games", "Divergent", "The Maze Runner", "The Giver", and whatever else they've made a movie off of. Maybe adult ones are different? (I don't have much hope for that, though)
Another cliche I don't like is nobody dying. Not even a secondary character. Especially if we have to do with a war or something, it's unrealistic of NOBODY dies. I don't care if you've spent hours developing this side character, if they're in a situation that realistically they'd die from, you gotta kill them. Even if its a piece of children's literature, death is a natural part of life that we all must learn about. I hate those parents who shield their kids from death, like telling them their goldfish went to live on a farm, not that it died and got flushed down the toilet. As someone who grew up with countless pets, I knew of death from an early age. Then again, maybe killing too many characters is a cliche? If so, I kind of fall into that, LOL.

Sorry about the mini-rant, it just irritates me, a lot. Don't even let me get started on resurrecting characters *glares at the comic books*.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:52 am

• Strong female characters whose entire personality is being a strong female character.
  • Over-description of eyes. Like, if you asked me the eye color of most my friends, I would have no idea. Have you ever read malice in someone's eyes or anything like that? Probably not. People don't pay as much attention to eyes as characters do.
  • The mean popular girls. Most the people I've met who act like stereotypical popular kids are pretty nice, even if they do annoy me sometimes.
  • Just... the entire concept of good vs. evil. I try to do the right thing most the time, but I wouldn't especially call myself a good person or anything, it's not like I don't do things that are bad for other people too sometimes. I don't believe that people are good or evil. Actions can't really be good or evil either, since what's good for one person can be bad for someone else. Most people want to do the right thing, its just that their idea of the right thing isn't the same as other people's.

I'd make this longer, but there are way too many things I want to scream about to fit here, so I'll leave you with these first few that popped into my head.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:10 am

Code: Select all
[b]Your character has a massive bag of Carmel corn to share (Significant other, best friend, ect) how do they divide it up?[/b]

Thought of a funny question and just thought I'd pop it in for anyone who's bored.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 am

Your character has a massive bag of Carmel corn to share (Significant other, best friend, ect) how do they divide it up?
Asher: *stuffs all rapidly into mouth before the thought of sharing even comes to mind*
Indigo: This tastes pretty good, actually. Want some? *gives some to any friends who ask except Sierra just for the sake of teasing her*
Sierra: I have better things to do then sit around and snack.
Sorren: *Munches on it constantly* Oh, right. Do you want any, Vivian?
Vivian: I hate Carmel...you can have it...*hands off to someone nearby*
Terrace: *splits with Morgan* I haven't had this since that one time when Mom took us to the county fair!
Jax: *eats half the bag before thinking to offer to anyone else*

(ye I wanted to do a bunch of my characters XD)
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes