❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby ultimate writer. » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Okay so
Everyone.
I decided that
Heck I'm procrastinating
I'll just use anime face claims for my kids
And start writing story once I get time to.
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ice580 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:52 pm

I only just found this and wow, everything about this is a mood.
I get a new idea, I love it, I write a bit, then I start procrastinating, or get writers block. One of my favorite stories, I'm getting a bit of a block on. I've been writing in another story and doing a few short poems to try to get me back into writing it again.
Ice580

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Ice580 wrote:I only just found this and wow, everything about this is a mood.
I get a new idea, I love it, I write a bit, then I start procrastinating, or get writers block. One of my favorite stories, I'm getting a bit of a block on. I've been writing in another story and doing a few short poems to try to get me back into writing it again.
Kia ora, welcome along!! Watch out for carrots! cx What's your story about? c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:02 am

just sent this text to my boyfriend...

"screams i outta write something gosh"

and for this...
BucketORandomness wrote:I feel you. I'm what you might call a loremaster when it comes to the whole novelling thing. I make entire worlds and cultures and timelines, and when that's all done, I'm too burnt out to write it. What I've found that helps is to keep organized notes on random different worlds in a nice, organized place. My brain goes "Oh! You've got this saved, so I don't have to think about it quite so hard" and most of the time it lets me get back to writing like I want to.

As for the intro thing, you could do it like most teachers say you should write a paper: Get the body and conclusion written, and then write your intro and title. It sounds really dumb, and I personally don't like writing that way, but I'm fairly good at writing introductions. It's the body that trips me up whenever I try. So, if you have a general idea of what goes on in a different neck of the woods, you can jump in there and see if that doesn't fry your brain. ((Side note: Maybe try hot chocolate. It's got less caffeine and still tastes pretty good))

Thank you for your input, hhhh! I have been told the same thing by my former English teacher, haha. I actually have found it works, but then I completely forget about the intro! Then, when I go back to read it, I get very confused. It's a love-hate relationship at times, but I will lumber through.

Here is a question for all, if I am allowed to inquire, what types of music/sounds/or even shows do you watch to keep yourself focused on your writings? I am at a loss of inspiration lately, and I feel like it's because of my music choices. My taste in music changes like clothes... My favorite genre when writing can differ from soothing melodies to bleak tunes by Radiohead™. I can never stray away from that band 'cause it's my favorite, even if it does have sad songs. Sad songs seem to spark my inspiration a whole lot better than pop/today's' hits.

Eek! Sorry if I rambled again...slap me, please, I need to go write.
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 am

what types of music/sounds/or even shows do you watch to keep yourself focused on your writings?
I find that all those things often distract me, especially tv. When I write which I haven’t in a long time shoot I sit down in a quiet place. IF I listen to music at all, I listen to something relaxing with minimal lyrics, or something that calms me and can fade into the background, such as instrumentals or Owl City. That’s one place I do my writing. The other is in class at school in the midst of chaos and noise. I can kinda drown it all out and pop in my earbuds if I like, and then just type away. Much more interesting than doing actual class work >:)

Ranger of the North wrote:
Silver Pandorica wrote:Hey guys! Long time no see! I've been really slowly working on my book, haha. I am currently on chapter 42 of CITR and have it planned out all the way up to 63, I believe. I'm very excited to have a direction and an outline now, since I've been stuck at a roadblock.

Small post, but I missed you guys and wanted to say hi <3
Look up "hyped" in the dictionary and you'll find me there :D XD

Haha <3
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:29 pm

What types of music/sounds/or even shows do you watch to keep yourself focused on your writings?
Ooh, an interesting question!! I think I've found that mainly it needs to have emotion. Admittedly it's kinda hard to find music without emotion, lol, but I think... the sort of emotion that you can project onto? For example it could be triumphant or sad, depending on your mood/what you need to write; that sort of thing c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:19 am

what types of music/sounds/or even shows do you watch to keep yourself focused on your writings?
I either listen to a very random assortment of music or noise generators. The noise generators help more than the music, because they focus me, but the music energizes me.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ice580 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Pretty much everything I write is fanfiction, hah. The one I've recently got writers block on is a Sanders Sides fanfic, while the one I'm trying to work on now is a Bendy and the Ink Machine fanfic.

Also, about the whole music/sounds/etc I listen to, it varies depending on what I'm writing. I absolutely cannot write without something playing. Most stories I write I have some sort of genre or band I listen to in particular; whatever reminds me of the mood or plot or a character the most. The previously mentioned SS fic I'm stuck on, I made a whole playlist for. Meanwhile, there's a certain mash-up I listen to whenever I write the BATIM one. There's one story that I listen to nature sounds to (it's the oddball). I don't like using shows or videos in the background, because those tend to require both viewing and listening to get the point. I remember one time I stress-wrote with Achievement Hunters' Uno: The Movie in the background, though. I can rant on and on about music and things I listen to while writing but I'm going to stop it here.
Ice580

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:48 pm

What types of music/sounds/or even shows do you watch to keep yourself focused on your writings?
Whatever I already have playing, usually. Sometimes I'll intentionally listen to songs that fit my characters, if I have good ones. When I'm really having trouble focusing, I tend to go to Rainycafe, which is a pretty basic white noise generator.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Ice580 wrote:
Pretty much everything I write is fanfiction, hah. The one I've recently got writers block on is a Sanders Sides fanfic, while the one I'm trying to work on now is a Bendy and the Ink Machine fanfic.

~snip~
Ooh, you watch Sanders' Sides? What's that one about? :D Not sure I've heard of Bendy and the Ink Machine cx
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me