Moonlit(M-O-O-N-L-I-T) Mustang By Amandiy

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Moonlit(M-O-O-N-L-I-T) Mustang By Amandiy

Postby incadence. » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Moonlit Mustang

Chapter 1:

Life was good for Yarn; he had a whole paddock full of lush green grass all for himself. He would get a bag of fresh oats every day. He was a very handsome animal, an Abaco Barb, one of the rarest of horses, bay, and pinto, with a dazzling long mane. With dark, brown eyes, that was nearly black. He was large, about 13.2 to 14.2 feet. He had one black stocking on his slender, left leg. A beautiful steed, he indeed was. Yarn, loved living with his house folk, they were fairly nice and gave him food and brushed him often. Though sometimes he wished to have a friend, a horse friend, to be exact, he would stare at the round moon, hours on end, wishing to have a friend. He neighed and pawed constantly on the dirt ground, neighing shrilly.
“Yarn, you OK” the comforting voice of Yarn’s house folk echoed through the lush, green paddock. Yarn snorted and reared, drawing back. “Whoa” This told Yarn to stop, though Yarn ignored the warning, instead he galloped around the paddock shaking his jet, black mane. Swish! Pain erupted onto Yarn’s thigh, causing him to crumble under the pain. Yarn raised his head to see, the steaming face of his house folk, or now master. Yarn drew back his ears, and showed his teeth, though he stood up slowly. What am I doing! Yarn thought, ashamed of himself. He held out his nose, as if sorry. Yarn’s master patted him, and then walked swiftly out of the paddock. Tonight, Yarn stared at the curvy, snow white moon, and wished that, he had a friend.

CLIP CLOP CLIP CLOP, an familiar sound woke Yarn up, the sound of trotting the sound of hooves, hitting the ground in a steady rhythm. Yarn perked his slender ears, and listened, the Clip Clop increased, getting faster and faster.Suddenly the gate opened, Yarn reared, surprised, he neighed with fright.A scent of horse wafted through Yarn's nostrils. Yarn froze and trotted eagerly towards the gate, his jet, black mane, blowing silently in the wind. A smallish mare, that was just a bit bigger than a pony was walking in, her head bowed low, their was a slight limp in her walk, and several scars stretched across her thigh, fresh blood, drawing out of her wound. Yarn nickered towards the mare, as she passed. She laid back her ears ears and bared her broad,stained teeth.Yarn retreated, bowing his head, she did not look like the horse to be messing with.The sun retreated behind the rolling hills, as the last of the sun rays hid under the hills, Yarn closed his eyelids and nodded off into an easy sleep.

"Get away from me! No, go away!" Yarn's tired eyelids opened wearily, "Huh" he muttered, shaking his mane, flicking away the fireflies. His gaze led to the mare. She was yelling, shaking uncontrollably, her legs flailing in the air, her eyes firmly closed. Yarn groggily walked towards her and was tempted to yell at her to Shut up, but decided against it. Instead, he gently nudged her on the nose. She instantly woke up, her usually chocolate eyes has turned bloodshot and white, there was undoubtedly, fear in her eyes, and an hint of anger. "Are you OK" Yarn whispered, concern, in his voice. The mare's mouth closed and opened like a fish, after quite an awkward silence, the mare turned to Yarn and neighed, her voice barely a whisper "My name is Dustlit, and I come from the herd of Cimarosa" Yarn's ears flicked, and that was the only thing that moved, his face was as solemn and lifeless as a statue. "You mean you are one of those wwwild...horses" Yarn stuttered, when he was just a young foal, his mother had taught him all about the wild horses, and by the sound of it, "wild horses' are not someone you want to be stuck in your own paddock with. I am not a so-called "wild-horse', I am from the herd of Cimarosa and second-in-command, so you need to help me get out of here!" Dustlit neighed. Yarn nodded, but took a few steps back. "Just out of interest.." Yarn nickered, blushing. "Why were you yelling in your dream?" he finished, not meeting Dustlit's eyes.

Sorry gtg, will add more as we go!
Last edited by incadence. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
incadence.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Moonlit Mustang

Postby Teacup-old » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Awesome! <3 Can't wait for more!
ImageImage
The girl you just called fat...she's overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly... she spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped... he is abused enough at home. See that man with the ugly scars... he fought for his country. That guy you just made fun of for crying... his mother is dying. Put this as your status if your against bullying.
Teacup-old

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Moonlit Mustang

Postby incadence. » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks
incadence.