Kalon #1532 -- dragon fruity - winner pg.6! by Schnuffel Bunny

Based on Click to view
Artist Schnuffel Bunny [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
70 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Rabbit

Kalon #1532 -- dragon fruity - winner pg.6!

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:17 pm

edits;
        standard - shine, hair
        common - fur, tail

Here's another from me. I'll stop. Besides an actual dragon fruit, what's their most by far favorite fruit and why do they cherish that specific fruit? Max 500.

Code: Select all
        username;
        name;
        gender;
        prompt;

No extras this time.

ends on the 21st!
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1532 -- dragon fruity

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm

username; SilhouetteStation
name; Paisley Finch
gender; Demiboy

prompt;

Paisley Finch is a rather, ah, picky eater, to put it delicately. And by that I mean, he picks the seeds out of everything.

Everything.

He will unashamedly pick the seeds out of strawberries. He will not touch an apple until it has been cored, and the seeds disposed of. Each watermelon slice must be thoroughly inspected, and seeds removed.

But it doesn't stop just there, oh no. They're fussy about any kind of fruit they eat. Orange slices are often looked over, to avoid getting pieces stuck in their teeth. Bananas must be rid of any stringy bits before consumed. Peaches must be bought tinned, pre sliced, with the pit no where in sight.

It seems almost bizarre, but he can't help it; he just doesn't like seeds. The way they look, how they feel in his mouth, the crunch of accidentally eating one - blegh. He shudders at the thought.

But there is one fruit that, for him, rises above the rest.

A simple fruit, so perfect in design when properly produced, so tasty and refreshing, such a delightful little tidbit to eat;

the humble grape.

But, of course, they must also meet his requirements.

Never red, only green. Seedless, always. Carefully washed before eaten. Sometimes, if he's feeling particularly fussy, he's been known to peel them.

Yes, you heard correct. They sometimes peel the grapes.

Oh, but the taste. He never tires of biting down, releasing this beautiful burst of flavor into his mouth; the taste of summer, in bite sized form. How it dances on his tongue, how nice the texture feels. How the larger ones are firmer and the smaller deliver pops of sweetness.

Despite how picky they are when it comes to, well, basically anything else, Paisley has been known to be more adventurous when it comes to this fruit.

Grape jam on toast. Grape flavored chews. Grapes in salad. One time even grapes on pizza, if you'll believe that. But again, of course, they must be green. No red grapes allowed.

He tries to be polite about his 'particular' eating habits. When offered something he dislikes he will simply shake his head and politely decline. With people he doesn't know well, he brushes off the refusal by vaguely saying he just doesn't like some food. With closer friends, he's a little more blunt.

A tilt of the head, an eyebrow raised, a little smile as he shakes his head. "You know I won't eat that. Don't even try it with me."

His friends, well used to this behavior, will just laugh and pull out the spare bag of grapes in the fridge they keep around for his visits. They know it's always handy to keep them nearby.

Unrequited love, Paisley says. A little bit of an obsession, his friends say.

Oh well. As long as he has his grapes, he is without complaint, and everyone is happy.

(484/500)
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idyll » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:29 pm

username; idyll
name;
gender;
prompt;

res!! oh god schuffel don't stop gdsdfs your adopts are so wonderful <33
Last edited by idyll on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝓼𝓳ó𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓾𝓻 á 𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭, 𝓼𝓴𝓻𝓲𝓯𝓪 í 𝓼𝓿𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓷 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭

┌────────────┐
My name is Dan,
and I'm a sleepy artist
with a house full of cats.

└────────────┘

𝓵𝓳óð𝓲𝓷 þí𝓷 𝓸𝓰 𝓵𝓮𝔂𝓷𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓶á𝓵𝓲𝓷 𝓶í𝓷
idyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🍍

Postby nyabeille » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:29 pm

good luck everyone, i see forms much more deserving of this kalon ♥
Last edited by nyabeille on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nyabeille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Username; milkkittea
Name; Mahti
Gender; Female
Prompt; Mangos

"Mahti," A voice calls out to you, in a tone that you recognize as a delicate warning. You stand up, brushing off the sand from your skirt, before calling back.

"Coming, Mama."

The sun shines brightly as you walk back to the hut, peaking over the palms that surround you. You can feel the heat on your skin-- morning will soon be over. You quicken your pace, hoping you have enough time to get your morning chores done. Mama shakes her head at you as you approach, noticing a patch of sand on your elbow.

"You are so devoted to worshipping your goddess, but it's a shame you didn't pick a more useful one." She sighs, knowing that you weren't going to budge. The two of you had this conversation months ago, during your Day of Choosing. She would be crestfallen that the deity you chose was not the same as the rest of the family, the Goddess of Fortune, but something called you to choose differently. Even now, you do not regret choosing the Goddess of Life.

There weren't many that worshipped her, as most families put a priority on wealth or fortune or even fertility-- something that was more tangible than just "life." Even their offerings were more powerful, as they required the sacrifice of a lamb or goat. However, the Goddess of Life merely asked for one thing-- mango leaves. It puzzled you as to why mango leaves, as they were abundant around the island, but still, every day, you woke up at dawn to pick fresh leaves from the trees, and a ripe coconut. Your offerings might be simple, but if that's what your Goddess desired, then you will fulfill her wish. Someday you'll find out why mangos are so important.

You take your position in the market, standing behind a wooden stall. You wondered if you'd see the young, scraggly boy again. He always looks around cautiously, as if he's planning to snatch something from someone, but he's always smiling at you. Today, though, you'd smile back. You wanted to have a friend for once. You never got to play with the other boys or girls, as you had your priestly duties to take care of.

He appeared right on time. Nervously, you smiled at him, and he smiled right on back, before walking off towards his destination.

"Wait!" You called out hesitantly. "Uh...," you stuttered. "Friends?" Carefully, you extended a hand. That's how it's done, right?

The boy paused, looking a bit confused before it dawned on him. He smiled once more, and instead of shaking your hand, he placed a small but heavy item, wrapped in banana leaves, in your palm. Without a word, he walked off.

Holding the package in your hand, you gently untie the string keeping the leaves together, unsure on how to take the boy's response. As the leaves unfolded, you smiled, knowing exactly what the boy was trying to say.

In your hands, there it was. A mango.

Concept somewhat based off of the Purnakumbha
Last edited by Rabbit on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArizonaT3a » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:37 pm

username; Akemi-chan
name; Vegas
gender; male
prompt;
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:37 pm

username; snowlondon
name; pitaya
gender; male
prompt;
Despite what his scarf would have you believe, Pitaya loves hot weather. He loves those warm days where he can lie down on the grass with a light breeze ruffling his fur. He loves the sun when it shines down on him. He loves the late summer nights spent talking and laughing with friends. And most of all, he loves tropical fruit.

Pineapples, passion fruit, mango, coconut. You name it, he loves it. Tropical fruit has an exotic taste that you can't find anywhere else. It makes a great snack, no matter the occasion. He adores how juicy every bite is. He would gladly eat any tropical fruit, but by far his favourite is watermelon.

It can get very warm in the summer, and Pitaya can get very uncomfortable in the heat. Luckily, there is a solution in the form of the best fruit ever - a watermelon. They are, after all, 92% water. Pitaya can enjoy a snack that both quenches his thirst, and tastes deliciously fruity.

He also loves watermelon for its unique and beautiful colours. The intricate blend of greens combined with the bright pink is stunning, especially when it's dotted with black seeds and striped with deep green. Not many other fruits have such a beautiful and recognizable pallette. It even reminds him of his fur!

While he is by no means a health nut, Pitaya does certainly like the fact that watermelons are proven to be very good for you. They're rich in minerals and vitamins, while also having a very low amount of calories. They're also great at helping soreness. What's not to love?
Last edited by Snowlondon on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iguana » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:38 pm

username; iguana
name;
gender;
prompt; wip

i lovvveee
iguana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:39 pm

username; NightMareRose
name; Drake
gender; Male
prompt; Drake absolutly loves star fruit! He loves the slightly sour and citrus-like tase, and it's unnatural shape. If it isn't ripe it tastes super sour, just like a green apple. It's also an exotic fruit just like dragon fruit. It mingles well with the faint taste of the dragon fruit making the two fruits a great combo!
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlit sky » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Last edited by starlit sky on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starlit sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me