Based on Click to view
Artist Placebo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

SCS Custom and Adopt #666 and #667

Postby Placebo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote: Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

Backstory wrote:You choose!

The impromptu hiatus is (sorta) over!~

666 wrote:The comp is simple-- The Great Dane genes in this kid gives it a greater capacity to be a gentle giant, but everyone has their days. What (or who) helps them keep their cool when any of their temper (high or low as it may be) rises? Extras are allowed and expected!

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
What/who helps them keep a cool head?:
--Other than that, freeform and develop!--

I'm honestly too drained to do an extra custom and adopt pair on top of everything else I need to post, so I'm just reserving 667 for my May custom, to be finished sometime in the far future, I dunno~

667 wrote:Username: Placebo
Name: Everett
Collar: Classic Tie

Current End Date is June 30th. Feel free to ask for any extension of any kind!

**If I find that entries around the end date are low I'm handing off the competition to another staff member to judge in order to try out myself ;v; / Just as a heads up!**

Genes:

666 Cane Corso/Great Dane Mix:
Black with Min White
KKbr // Ee // BB // Dd // slsl // AyAy // SSi // mm // rr // TiTi // CchCe // gg // uu

667 APBT/Staffordshire Terrier Mix:
Cream Brindle w/ Piebald White
Kbrk // Ee // Bb // Dd // slsl // Aya // SpSp // mm // rr // TiTi // CeCw // gg // uu

Last edited by Placebo on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS (Custom and) Adopt #666 (and #667)

Postby /Aster/ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 pm

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Username: BlueThrush
Name: Oliver
Collar: Spike Collar

Ollie learned from a young age that you had to use every advantage life gave you or it would beat you into the ground. Survival of the fittest and all that. Ollie learned quickly to use his size and ravenous temper to survive in hostile surroundings. The more the young dog was forced to live up to these expectations the more he suffered.

Ollie didn't much care for the cruel persona crafted by his appearance though he was definitely good at it. He would be lying if he said his patience never buckled. This left him alone after all who would want a hulking dog who aptly was nicknamed hell hound around the kennel. He only ended up in the kennel after they busted a drug operation where he was a guard dog though he often wondered if they wished they could have left him there.

Introducing Vivian a short little ten-year-old who undoubtedly weighed less than the dog her large brown eyes were immediately drawn to the large dog in his kennel. She sat straight down in front of him watching him unlike others she seemed unfearful of his size. In fact, his intimidating bark didn't even make her flinch she just smiled whispering to him "I think you could use some friends". Next thing he knew he was in the back of a car on his way "home".

Ollie or Oliver as he was christened keeps a cool head for Vivian. Viv is everything to Ollie he loves her dearly and would do anything to protect her. He stays calm because he swears never to scare her. In exchange, she offers him the life he never had they do everything together and never leave each other's sides. Oliver was trained to guard to fight in his new home this is mostly obsolete now he just patiently watches over his beloved family.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Oliver was the result of people trying to make an ideal guard dog. Born into a bad neighborhood Ollie was ideal for his purpose the massive dog was by far the largest of his litter. Truth be told he can't really remember his parents or siblings they all seemingly disappeared. If they were lucky maybe they found better homes but that's an optimist's thought.

Not long after he turned one he found himself being given away to another set of people who he had never seen before. Yet they smelled of the same stench that clung to his own people's clothing. From what he would later gather they owed the local drug dealer money and couldn't pay he agreed to forget about some of the money they owed in exchange for the dog.

This new home was worse than the old one now he was simply locked outside of a warehouse unable to wander far due to a chain keeping him in place. General ignorance and abuse only made the young dog more aggressive and isolated. Wasn't until they were busted by the police that he would leave the awful place. However, the kennel seemed reluctant to take him at first due to his outright temper they eventually agreed.

Last edited by /Aster/ on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
I Dream Of Flight
/Aster/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username: Wileyfangs

Name: Delgado

Every dog has their day, Degaldo remembers his father telling him as a puppy. And some days are just much harder than they should be.

As a dog, Delgado knows what's expected of him. He's big, burly. Most people look at him and they get scared and he'd be lying if he said he didn't want them to be. He's a good boy, knows it deep down but on those days when his patience is stretched thinner than it should be, it can get hard.

Cue Jenna. Jenna is his new owner and well she's never owned a dog. Jenna is in highschool and they live in the Nine Lives Hotel. Living with Jenna and her family is a strange experience for the dog. He's used to guarding, being firm and fierce over things but with this family he learns he doesn't have to guard his whole life away.

When Jenna sees him struggling, and somehow she almost always knows, she takes him to the park and will surprisingly play fight with him.

The effect? Instantaneous joy. Delgado, who never got to be a puppy, not got to grow up a normal dog for a few minutes forgets about it all in favor of rolling around in the grass and chasing his owner through the field. It's freeing and it takes his mind off of his anger, happy to be expelled in a game. Sometimes she brings his favorite toy, a squeaky football and she'll toss it to him.

And it's then he guesses that it's not so bad. It's easy to be impatient and lose your temper, but the big surly boy feels like a new dog every time they go to the park. And then she'll take him home, both of them dirty and bruised up and practically exhausted when she tells him.

"You're doing so good. Don't you feel better?" And everytime without fail he gives her a big doggy smile and barks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Delgado.

There was nothing special. Nothing really that Delgado could say was special.
    He grew up in a litter of six. He was the biggest and he made sure the others knew it.
    He stayed with his father, the dog of a family friend and never saw his mother again,
    though he knew of her well in the scent of milk and slobbery licks and laughter.
    She was funny and they loved her jokes when they grew able to know them.

She didn't joke on the day they were scheduled to leave, though Delgado wished he had heard one.
    She stayed in her bed, not willing to watch them go. His siblings stayed behind, but he was the first
    pick of the litter. Always the first. Never the last.

He met other dogs at his father's domain. Burly dogs with mean muzzles scarred up and rough.
    The oldest and most scarred was an old dog named Mr. Bruise.
    He learned easily enough why his name was Mr. Bruise when the old dog shoved him away from his
    own food bowl on his first day there.

At first, Delgado wasn't sure what to do in this household. It was nothing like being home with mama
    and her jokes. But after Mr. Bruise had his dibs on his food the other dogs joined in. Teasing, growling,
    bullying until one day Delgado had had enough.

He bit Mr. Bruise as the old dog tried to swipe his food. Growled at the other dogs. Bared his teeth
    even at his father.

He didn't demand respect but he was forcing them to try him. His owners noticed this new attitude
    change right away and quickly set about keeping him away from the other dogs until things were smoother.

As Delgado got older, he was easily being groomed to be the perfect guard dog. He went through tough
    training, learning to attack at command and off. His owners were surprised at how well he was adjusting
    to this kind of life. By the time he was 2 years old in age, Delgado has easily finished all his training and
    was put to work to guard for friends and family, keeping the home, storge or yard safe from danger of all kinds.

When he finally came back to his old owners, he was shocked that Mr. Bruise was sick and he watched the once
    proud guard dog shrink away from others.
    Delgado remembered how the old dog treated him,
    Hated it really but seeing him in such a state Delgado learned to be patient.

Mr. Bruise hadn't expected it, the kindness
    Delgado held as he pushed his food bowl over to him. And in the days that followed Delgado guarded over Mr. Bruise. He snapped and growled at anyone who got too close and even shared his toys. For Mr. Bruise it was more than anyone had ever given him. He laid curled by Delgado's side and when the old dog finally left for the "Big Junkyard in the Sky" Delgado watched over him.

As time went on Delgado became the new pack leader, but his heart wasn't in it. He missed Mr.Bruise though he'd never let it show. Finally when he stopped responding to the commands and guarding his owners sighed and reluctantly took him to the SCS.
Last edited by Wileyfangs on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idiosyncrasy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 am

Username: CrimsonNebula
Name: Tyler
What/who helps them keep a cool head?: Even though he is big & intimidating, he's got a soft spot for small animals. He often thinks about them in order to calm down during stressful situations.
saw badflower & i prevail live - carrd - discord: iidiosyncrasy
pfp: this is not romance webcomic - gif: opus brain by igorrr
emerson/cain - he/they - blm

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

no gender only swag

song - song

pronouns

idiosyncrasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Username:
Name: Sergeant
--Other than that, freeform and develop!--

I have a great idea. Marking. <3
Rescued fighting dog, was in the fighting ring, mostly a failure thats why he was abandoned. His problem is getting angry, loves cuddly stuff, has stuffed toy for comfort, sometimes gets anxious and nervous, feels like a failure
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

--
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby River Song » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Awh hell yeah I've been so eager for this guy!

Username: River Song
Name: Zigadenus (Ziggy)

xxxxxxxx
Ghoul or Rivxxxxxxxx
It/Its onlyxxxxxxxx

well I was out for a walk
somewhere that I can't be found
like a forest,
but one that's only in my mind
built of memories
only you and I have shared
I'm back in my spot
the one where I can't be found
wrapped in stories,
the ones where we were good
and our dreams were more than
ways to pass the time
River Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Username: Mythz
Name: Avalon
Despite Avalon's big, intimidating look, he's a big softie! He's great with little children and loves food. He lets the kids climb over him, pull on his ears and tail and he won't mind - as long as it isn't too hard.
However, after a long day and he's exausted, the little kids annoying him will sometimes get too much. Avalon would never ever hurt anyone, so he tries his best too keep his cool.
Often, a walk out alone can help him! He can get lost in his thoughts listening to the birds and other little critters.
He also loves to swim! The delightful feeling of the cold water running through his pelt as he paddles along.

Now a get-to-know you interview!

A little bit about yourself? Your backstory maybe?:
"When I was a pup I was born a stray, lived on the streets for about the first two years of my life. Being so large no one would dare come near me.... Anyway, I was soon taken in by the SCS shelter, and now I'm ready for a new home!"

What one thing that makes you sad?:
"One big thing that can make me quite sad is the fact that many people get intimidated by my large build. If only they could give me a chance! I wouldn't hurt a fly!"

What is your greatest accomplishment?:

What are your goals for the future?:
Last edited by Mythz on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      toyhouse | da | Mythz#9104

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:45 am

up
heehee pubbyyy my pupitro
pupperino
pupcup
p
my dog
by shawty!
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm

just a quick update to state I'm passing off the judging of this competition to Neah! ;v; / At first it was mainly to try out but with all of the things I need to finish up, trying out for this competition isn't a large priority so it's likely I won't finish a form fully, so I wish all of you trying out good luck! <3

a little over 24 hrs left! Any questions about this competition will need to be directed to Neah.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me