Capella #1 by owlcoholik

Based on Click to view
Artist owlcoholik [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Capella #1

Postby owlcoholik » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 am

Capellas are creatures who make up for their innate laziness by being highly sensitive to their environments and extremely adaptable.
Their defining feature are the tympanica on their body, which is similar to the ears of a frog or the human eardrum. These are used to detect the sounds and vibrations from their environment.

a simple grey sad boy for yall....i'm very new to this original species game so please bear with me!

this capella is based off the song ironworks by baths

to adopt just give me a name and anything else you feel like adding (nothing too advanced haha) I'll probably judge in about 24 hours depending on interest.
check the main thread here for more info on capellas! i'm still figuring them out n stuff....bear (bare?) with me

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Misc:
ImageImageImage
my username was spottyshan / shannonfrogi13 back in the day

ImageImageImage
owlcoholik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Capella #1

Postby Yikumin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:16 am

Username: kaneki.
Name: Stormed Away
Misc: I mean, if you think about it, he kinda has the features of a rain cloud~
Also, love this bab! keep it up, you're doing great. :)
stan A.C.E cowards
( previous usernames: fiery / cherry pop / Fawnleap / Mother Wolf / w o l f . / hawt / kaneki. )

ImageImageImage
my sons somehow wrote:

i quickly wrote:

Just started getting back on!
I have no idea what's going
on but I'm here for the pretty
pets.

If you see anything I wrote
years ago, please... ignore
it... I live in fear of
digging up my past cringe
moments...

ImageImage

Yikumin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ps4 kid » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:24 am

Username: ~Neon_and_Lylia~
Name: Ray
Misc:
wip as of now!
icon credit: chamomile.
dane doodle credit: feyghost
ps4 kid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Username: trans
      Name: arethusa - ("Arethusa (/ˌærᵻˈθjuːzə/; Ancient Greek: Ἀρέθουσα) means "the waterer". In Greek mythology, she was a nymph and daughter of Nereus (making her a Nereid ...")
      Misc: cool gif of a storm bc i cant think of anything else haha!,, ↴

also a short story ig??: ↴
      the line where the sky meets the sea wrote:arethusa had always been curious about the water. what was it? what did it do? why was it here? how did it get here? how much of it existed? these were all things she had asked, but still had yet to get an answer for.

that was why she here now, standing on the line that divided the two. the shore was loud with all kinds of sounds; seagulls squawking, the waves crashing against the sand, the scuttling and clacking of tiny sea creatures making their way around the beach. her curiosity was at its peak today, and she had taken the chance to explore without interruption without hesitation.

however, her previous ambition and excitement was starting to dip in favor of her rising anxiety. she wasnt so sure she could do this.. what if something happened? no one was around to help her; she was as good as gone if she got stuck out at sea.

but..

she still wanted to go out there, to find the answers to these questions burning in the back of her mind, the answers she had wanted since forever. she still wanted to go out to sea and get a look for herself what was out there, to see it with her own eyes, not imagining it by way of stories from other people or adventures in her mind.

mind made, arethusa trudged towards the shoreline, easing into the water slowly, anxiety falling back, making way for confidence and determination. each step left her wondering what might happen, but the journey to the shallow water could only be described as, "short and sweet." nothing really happened, which was a disappointment and a relief, but arethusa wasnt deterred. instead of moping, she pursued the secrets of the ocean and made her way deeper into the water, watching the water rise around her to slowly come to her chest. at that point, she was standing on her tippy toes to keep afloat.

arethusa allowed her feet to rise from the sand, and with a quick movement, she was floating, feet paddling leisurely. she began inching out towards the sea, making sure to keep her head above the water at all times. she knew the rules of the ocean, but the most important one of all was that it was unpredictable. she had to always be on guard lest she want to drown or worse.

for awhile, this tactic seemed to be working well, but then she noticed the sky was getting darker and the clouds thicker, fat drops of rain occasionally fell on her face, and the water began to churn around her. despite her previous confidence high, she was feeling anything but that right now. fear slowly crawled into her veins and sloshed around in her heart, and panic began to seep into her at a rapid pace.

with the dark clouds came the rolling thunder and bolts of untamed lightning, wild and free as it streaked across the sky, lighting it up like fireworks. rain beat down on her fur and made it difficult to see, and the thunder made hearing difficult and everything was disorienting.

all her knowledge she was so quick to boast about before seemed to slip between her paws and she paddled wildly to try to get back to shore, but the problem was she had no way to know which was she was going or where the shore even was anymore.

she had gone too far out, too far, and now she was going to be stuck here, or worse..

no, think positive.. she scolded herself quietly, taking deep breaths to calm down. this did little to help her though, and the ingrained responses to her situation still reigned with an iron fist. she was still scared and afraid and she couldnt think clearly for very long before being lost to the panic and desperation.

eventually she gave up all hope of thinking rationally and decided to paddle in any old direction, hoping it was the right one. she tried her best to remain calm, but found it difficult despite the reassuring thoughts she was trying to conjure up. no matter how fast she thought of them, she couldnt squash the panic.

it felt like hours before she saw land again, and thank goodness she actually recognized it! but she was still a long ways to go, and she was starting to get tired. she wasnt sure how much longer she could paddle before she passed out from exhaustion. still, she had to try, so she swiftly changed her course to head directly for the shore and paddled. she could do this, she just had to take her time, go slow, and not rush things..

this attitude would only get her so far though, and before long she was having trouble just keeping her eyes open. her muzzle dipped below the water more now, and her movements became sluggish and clumsy. multiple times the sea spray or water up her nose had jarred her back to consciousness only for her to feel exhaustion sink its teeth and claws into her and drag her down again. it all seemed rather hopeless, and she considered allowing herself to sink. she was just so tired..

"arethusa!" a voice shouted, and she blinked slowly as she rose her head to see who'd called her (assuming she heard right; she wasnt sure if her ears were working correctly yet). to her surprise, she saw a figure paddling out to her, and upon closer inspection she realized it was her father.

"dad!" she said in return, feeling a brief burst of energy surge through her veins, spurring her to try and meet him halfway. she paddled as fast as she could, remembering to keep her head above the waves despite her exhaustion.

soon he reached her, and she felt like crying from the relief she felt. oh thank goodness..

with his guidance, she was able to paddle herself back to the shore, and she breathed a sigh of relief for probably the twentieth time that day when she felt the sand beneath her paws. she had never missed being on the ground so much.

while she worked to get her breath back he turned on her to check her for injuries, squinting at her left front paw. she looked at it herself, wincing when she tried to move it. she hadnt even noticed it before, but now that it had been brought to her attention, she realized it actually really hurt to move it.

"come on now, your mother is worried sick. she'll know what to do with your paw." he didnt sound mad, but what if she just couldnt tell? fear gnawed at her stomach as she followed in silence.

eventually the silence became too much, and she had to ask. "um, are you.." he stopped to turn around and look at her, and she gulped, but continued, "are you mad?" she asked tentatively, tail and ears drooping and her voice taking on a worried and anxious tone.

he stared at her for at least a solid minute before walking over and nuzzling her head, shaking his head rather insistently. "oh goodness no! im not mad at you, im worried, but not mad, i promise."

she breathed yet again another sigh of relief at that, feeling the pressure of looming anxiety ease of ever so slightly. oh good.. ok, he's not mad. good. good..

"come on, silly daughter of mine. tell me, what ever were you doing all the way out there?" he asked, a slight smile on his face.

she followed with a slight bounce in her step, but she was cautious to keep her weight off her injured paw. "well, y'see..."
Last edited by trans on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NURSENURSE » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Toshie
seer
misc: wip
Edit: misc Image
Bunny, They/Them
ImageImage
Im not that active on here anymore, to keep up with my art and stuff visit me on Deviantart, im NURSENURSE
NURSENURSE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darwins » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:26 pm

username: ayzence
        name: adlanna/aleia (elven for "the ascent")
        misc: born in the dark on the night, aleia was bound to
        an eternity of transcendence. just as sisyphus was bound with
        the ropes of predestination, aleia would grow to find that life
        was composed of infinite and unrelenting obstacles that
        could only be conquered with the determination of one's own
        mind, of which is the only facet of existence one may control.
        aleia was raised with another by the name of útíradien (elven
        for blind) whom much preferred the notion of goodness,
        wholeness, and purity as denoted by the color white. due to
        his lack of sight, útíradien has a heightened sense of touch
        and ability to hear; as a result, when he spends his time
        walking or resting in the green meadows beside his home,
        the beauty of the natural world is easily seen despite his
        lacking sight. útíradien perceives space to be great and
        endless, just as each day, for time is merely society's
        construct in the mind of útíradien. the day does not turn
        into darkness, rather all remains the same, divergent, infinite,
        endless, and perpetual. life in the eye's of útíradien is not
        linear but rather all-encompassing and continuous. as a result,
        aleia found herself to share many of the beliefs útíradien
        had found through his vast experiences as well as his own
        confiding in aleia. though they spent much of their time alone,
        they spent much of it together. over the years they grew
        closer, many joining their journey such as lykaios whom
        útíradien spent much of his time with. although aleia
        spent her time with útíradien, she also spent her days with
        actaeon, a male buck, and his mate, arasinya (elven for
        female deer). during this time, actaeon sought to soothe
        the storm brewing within aleia, neither of which could
        predict its impact or purpose. the rest of her time was
        spent alone in the confines of her own quarters, soothed
        by the eerie presence of whatever remained within her.
        she was drawn to the earth in inexplicable ways, compelled
        by its nature. she would inevitably learn the depth of
        her true purpose, and with that her own fate as a leader
        of its inhabitants within the realm of her mind.
darwins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlappySheep » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:21 am

=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
Username: Frostyfloof
Name: Sai
Misc:
=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

GAHH WRITER'S BLOCK

Probs not gonna finish D: Good luck to whomever!
Last edited by FlappySheep on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlappySheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 am

Username: Hollyleaflives
Name: Zephyr
Misc: ITS SO PRETTY
Barely on this site anymore, just hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby owlcoholik » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 am

i'm so glad to see yall are interested in these little guys! i'll probably judge all the forms tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll give yall a 2-3 hour notice before i do if that's ok? again i'm very new to all this so feel free to give me feedback!
ImageImageImage
my username was spottyshan / shannonfrogi13 back in the day

ImageImageImage
owlcoholik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NURSENURSE » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:01 am

owlcoholik wrote:i'm so glad to see yall are interested in these little guys! i'll probably judge all the forms tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll give yall a 2-3 hour notice before i do if that's ok? again i'm very new to all this so feel free to give me feedback!

Woo im exited
Bunny, They/Them
ImageImage
Im not that active on here anymore, to keep up with my art and stuff visit me on Deviantart, im NURSENURSE
NURSENURSE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me