Artist Strudel [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #297 CLOSED

Postby Strudel » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:11 am

Owner: KyrenRose
Viscet Name: Soilil "Jackie" Tanwen

Honestly, I love how the base of the tail turned out on this one the most, and the mark on the mouth.
I's one of my favorite designs I've made in a good long while.

Code: Select all
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Viscet Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]What does this viscet make you think of?[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Extra[/u][/b]:

-In the "What does this viscet make you think of" section, you can either write it out, or include a picture/gif instead. I'm just looking for interesting answers/creativity. The medium in which you provide it doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be an object either, it can be an idea/concept. If it seems abstract though, I encourage you to explain your reasoning so that I can understand it :3
-No pretty "coding" this time around.
-You can only pick one extra. It can be anything (story, bio, art, friends and family, ect), but only one.

This ends 12/8/15

<No Mutations>

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2893191][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2411072&size=large&format=png&rev=1449170019[/img][/url]
Last edited by Strudel on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #297

Postby Rose63673 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:16 am

Username: KyrenRose
Viscet Name:Soilil "Jackie" Tanwen. Soilil Tanwen put together means "Blazing white fire" and Jackie was the first name of my neighbor
What does this viscet make you think of?:
This Viscet reminds me of blown glass. The two colors look more like they were combined when they were hot but not too hot as it is moldable and the colors don't blend. The slight gradation on the back reminds me how glass always has shadows that change your perspective and I imagine that if you shifted him slightly you might see different markings, especially since the glance at the paw shows that the markings don't seem to mirror.

Another thing that makes me think that this viscet may be based off on blown glass is that when a fire heats up glass enough at a high temperature instead of turning a deeper red it turns white hot and the flames contrast with a red. This I imagine could spur markings with the slight swirl markings along the edge and looks as if fire is sparking off the edge or the viscet. To me it also looks as if the mane, tail, and fluff is the fire.

The last thing that makes me think of blown glass when I see this viscet is a more personal one. In a small town where I used to live, I had a neighbor that was retired but made blown glass trinkets, jewelry, and sculptures in her spare time. Every year in this small town we had an art fair where I helped my neighbor out by tending the booth with my mother while my neighbor showed off. Using a special set up she would mold the glass into fantastical shapes, albeit small and not all that complicated or that could be an insurance nightmare but she added extra glass scraps that she had saved up all year fusing them into multicolored bars for working with and would sell them to the small kids for a cheap price as she was going to just throw the shards away anyways. One year she had been commissioned to do a very complicated, large piece that she ended up having to remake multiple times. This piece was red and white, only reason I could tell though was the fact that this year all of the bars were mostly red and white with a small bit of other colors from the rest of her projects. I had never asked or received any of these cheap pieces before then, but that year was when I really thought about asking my mom for some money to buy one as these had looked gorgeous. I also had been moving into my middle school phase then and wanted to show something off that wasn't a compact mirror that everyone else thought was so cool or a house key showing that they didn't need their parents. No, I wanted something to show off going "Hey look I went to the art fair all by self and worked a booth ha bet none of you would be able to do that." yeah a little stupid but that was what I wanted at the time. Unfortunately, it had seemed not to be as halfway through the day and my neighbor was already out of glass. There had been a really big turn out that year so it wasn't really all that surprising. When I had reached the end of the last day of the weekend I realized that I had never gotten anything from the fair and had nothing to show off, I was so mad at myself. After helping my neighbor pack up her stuff and put it in a truck I was about to go find my mom as she had been working at another booth that year when my neighbor called me over and gestured for me to hold out my hand. Quite used to the gesture being around so many older people in the town and my mothers old doctor friends I did as I was told and held out my hand. I immediately felt excitement as she pressed what felt like glass in my hand " I wanted to thank you for helping me even though you didn't have to this year and I know that your moving. Just feel free to call me if you have any trouble and feel free to come by if you are ever in the neighborhood again" she said as she smiled. It was a small teardrop shape pendant with white and red glass mixed in. This is really the main reason why I am reminded of blown glass when I see this viscet.

Extra:
I wiped my brow that seemed to start getting wet with sweat. Stepping back I placed the glass in the fire waiting for it to be a little hotter as it had gotten cold in the few minutes that I had begun to work on it. The shape was beginning to take shape but here is when the tricky part started. I glanced at the tools that were on the wall of my shed, they were well worn and made for human hands. The tools that I was working with now were still very new and were only blackened a little bit while the ones on the wall were never going to shine again. I thought back to my previous owner "Jackie" as other humans called her and how I once tried using those tools. Shaking my head back and forth I pulled the white hot piece out of the fire.

I started to position the glass in different directions to soften the sections that were nearest to the fire molding them is the little twists that I want before putting the small piece down very gently so not to accidentally break the currently delicate piece. I grabbed the piece of glass that had been keeping nice and warm near the edge of the flames and laid it near the top of the more delicate piece. Balancing the two I placed them near the flames that were still on to melt the top to fuse to the bottom. I sat down in a little stool that was in the corner wipping my brow once more. Panting I leaned my furry head against the cold wall then letting out a noise of contentment "I really need to get better ventalation or I'm going to get heat stoke" I thought in my own language.

I wish my owner didn't die, but I guess it had to be she was so old. Her husband had died a few years ago and had gotten me from a very shaddy pet owner for some company since having a house all to herself was making her very, very depressed. Apparently the doctor had to take her to the store himself and force her to pick something out. That something just happened to be me. I smiled at my first memory of Jackie scolding me for scaring her when she was in the middle of a project and had ended up dropping the piece of glass. After that whenever she worked I had to choose if I wanted to be outside or locked in my room or the living room, well until we got the shed built. Then she had trouble when I tried making a small glass bauble but I had ultimately ended breaking one of the more expensive tools and burning my tail, I didn't have hair on it for months.

Lost in my thoughts and memories of the past, I had slightly forgotten about my project. Quickly getting up "shoot," I said racing over to my gas line. I ended up having to pause due to white spots but despite my hurry I had to pick up the softened glass gracefully and quickly but not too quickly. Pushing and pulling the two pieces so they would fuse how I wanted them to my concentration in hyper mode. I held my breath as I put the final touches before breathing in slowly.....wait why if there a smokey smell " Did I set this place on fire again" I thought to look around quickly before getting a really bad feeling. "Come on don't be that" I muttered before glancing down at my tail. AN expletive escaped my mouth as I dropped the glass forgotten as I rushed to the sink where the fire blanket was from frequent use. Putting the fire out as quick as I could I then put cold water from the faucet on it.

"Well, this is going to hurt for a while," I thought annoyed " But at least this isn't as bad as last time" I also thought but with a more hopeful tone. Still I couldn't believe that I did it again even though I had the proper tools this time. I glanced at my special tools on the racks and smiled. Jackie had enough of me sneaking into her shop while she was working and scaring her since I was so quite and decide to teach me and maybe that would lessen my curiosity. Both of us quickly ran into a problem, her tools didn't fit my hands nearly enough so I couldn't manipulate anything beyond the most basic techniques. After a few months, we had given up the idea that I was just incompetent and that I would even give up the idea of learning how to make these glass masterpieces so we had a local metalsmith/horseshoer make us a set that I could use. The guys expression was really funny when we proposed the idea and I could tell that he wanted to reject the commission, but Jackie had him wrapped around her finger. She had ended up calling a few favors she had done for him like late anniversary gifts and birthday presents, as well as a rather large stack of cash and he, almost had no choice but to agree.

I moved my tail side to side gently to see if I had any pain. I flinched several times "Yep no hope being hopeful" I sighed before looking behind me to see what happened to my project. Shattered completely and utterly shattered. I pulled on my gloves and picked up all the pieces I could find and set them on the table " What to do what to do" I said in Viscet language. Getting a sudden bit of inspiration, I grabbed a mold from the shelf and placed the glass on top of a strainer. After that, I moved the set up to above the fire turning the temperature up. I watched as the slivers became like a liquid and seeped through the holes. I waited a good ten more minutes before turning off the fire with the small dial in the side.

Sitting once more in my stool, careful not to bump my tail, I thought about the funeral a few months ago. A heart attack had gotten to her on her way to a friends house and she ended up hitting a tree and bashing her head on the windshield. I was given the choice to stay where I was and gain ownership of the property and have a government official check on me every few months, or I could go live with a shelter till I found another owner, or I could try to join the pack that lived in a national park several hundred miles away. I seriously thought about leaving, but I guess I was too loyal and couldn't bear to part with the house or tools. I'm not nearly good as Jackie was, but I sell pendants and Knick knacks and sell at the local art fair. My buyers that knew Jackie have ended up just calling me Jackie as they never knew my name before this and new customers pick up on this and call me Jackie too, but I don't mind it, well not all that much.

I once again got up and checked to see if the mold had cooled down before I probed the casing open. A small green and red horse was revealed and I was really giddy. "yes, yes,yes-e-de-yes" I said spinning on my toes before dancing in place "yeah I did it, ba-dum I did it yeah yeah yeah" I said in merriment. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I could settle with this. I marveled how some of the glass had fragmented with the swirls creating a really cool effect "Perfect for the Christmas sales" I said smiling. "Well, maybe I could become a great glass blower I just really, really need practice." I thought glancing down at my tail before sighing "better go wrap this up with aloe."

omg I *pant* did it *pant* yes
Last edited by Rose63673 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
Hi all, I only come on every so often nowdays as I am busy with college but I will try to reply but it will take a few days.
My Viscets, Kalon's, Juymara's, and Ryuami's
Rose63673

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riverwolf10 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:18 am

Username: Riverwolf10
Viscet Name:
What does this viscet make you think of?: It reminds me of candy canes
Extra:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Art by Howlingtothestars

ImageImage
Riverwolf10

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sashiyaki » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:39 am

Username: Okami The Trickster
Viscet Name: Imako (Okami backwards. :3}
What does this viscet make you think of?: This viscet makes me think of the game Okami or in more specific areas of the game the actual character by the name of Okami. The design is almost similar to that of a tribal design and I find it lovely and very beautiful.
Okami reference
Extra: Wippy! :D

────────────────
sashiyaki - sashi
✦local eldritch demon✦
✦i like frogs✦
────────────────
sashiyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypersomn.ia » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:42 am

Image TheUnicornSorceress
Image Aednat (Pronounced Ena, Irish for "little fire")
Image Female
Image This viscet reminded me of strength... The power to pause, take a deep breath, whisper "you can do it" and keep moving even with the weight of the world on your shoulders. The pattern made me see the sweat and blood that goes into anything worth living for.
AednatIncomplete.png

May not get to finish this; battery's dying, layers may be deleted. Posting this here in case something goes wrong.
Didn't have battery life or time to finish, but I did get a good bit farther before everything crapped out on me. I don't think it would count as extra if I uploaded the original sketch. Would it?

Aednat.png
Last edited by hypersomn.ia on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
hypersomn.ia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:47 am

Username: kamelgirl
Viscet Name: Kalidas ~ 'poet, musician' ~ "Kally"
What does this viscet make you think of?: Is it weird that the first thing I thought when I saw this was 'woah, it looks like blood'? My second impression was that several of the markings look like a bass clef.
Extra: wip

Woah

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _CoffeeBean_ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:57 am

Username: _CoffeeBean_

Viscet Name: Adam ~ Son Of the Red Earth~

What does this viscet make you think of?: "Mom!" I called.. my mother glancing up from the computer as she was quite busy with nursing school. "I got you some roses.. well me and Aydan." I said as I rushed to my mom, the roses in my hands tightly squeezed as a few petals fell from it. I had to throw one away because I was so excited the rose got ruined.. My mother smiled, but did scold us telling us that the neighbor wouldn't like us taking their roses. "But Mom! These are for you. Can you at least be happy... aren't they pretty?" I said, my usual slight attitude in my voice making my Mom frown a bit before giving a heavy sigh and saying "They are, very. Let's go get a jar or vase before they die.." She said as she arose from the chair. Our dogs barking and sniffing our legs and toes eager to smell the scents we carried from outside.

Taking us into the kitchen she opened up a cabinet that me and my brother could not reach, it was above the fridge. Tons of china, jars, vases, and some of my Moms favorite glasses were kept there. Taking a smaller vase out she took the roses, filled the vase with water and the powder with nutrients in it to help keep he flowers alive longer and placed them in. She set them by the windowsill in the daylight. They were so pretty.. they shined like fresh snow and sparkled from light drops of water on them from my mother placing them in with wet hands. My mom gave my brother a kiss, and I eagerly wanting to be kissed to ran and wedged in between my mother and my brother.. classic me... She smiled and gave me a hug and kiss before sighing 'Well, I don't want to see you guys stealing anymore, Okay?" She said sternly and we both nodded. Months passed and we noticed a plant growing in our front yard, it churned out it was another rose bush. My Mom said she didn't plant anymore but there the beautiful bush was slowly growing. More months passed and finally they bloomed.. pure as fresh fallen snow by our beautiful red roses.. it was so unique, beautiful.. different.

Extra: (Art below)

~Art~

(Oh my.. love this boy so much ;.; )
Last edited by _CoffeeBean_ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
||Stray Souls||Canine RP||Join Today||
_CoffeeBean_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 am

Reserved
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maritime. » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:13 am

Username: EverdaleDreamers
Viscet Name: Seiriku
What does this viscet make you think of?: Color concept wise, candycanes and peppermint. To go in depth I see brush strokes and ink droplets blown with air to shape the swirls. I also see colors of the holidays and snow captured in this viscet's design. It also reminds me of Japanese "divine/celestial" creatures/messengers of the gods with the fact that it's mostly white and has red paint markings.
Extra:

Secret bad habit: Seiriku likes to sneak into pantries and food storages and likes to lick the flavor powder off potato chips and the salt off crackers, when he's in the wild he licks all the fruits and berries, all of this is done when no one's looking, there or everyone around is asleep.
Last edited by maritime. on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
maritime.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gold » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:25 am

Username:
Viscet Name: