Re: Kyo's Staff Kalon --> Art of Revenge

Postby waffle02 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 am

The dark stone castle loomed ahead as the knight drew closer. She had heard rumors of what had taken over the once glorious castle and was here to take it back for the kingdom! Well at least if she really cared she would, but the knight Nadya was just a traveling swordsman for hire on a job, but in her head it sounded cooler if she had some sort of attachment to the case. Either way as she headed skeptically into the castle to slay...the evil ghost queen.
Lightning flashed across the sky and the rumble of the following thunder echoed against the harsh stone walls, creating a tense atmosphere. Nadya didn't know whether she was more terrified or thrilled due to the impending storm, however she confidently strode up to the massive wooden doors and barged into the castle.

Upon entering the throne room, the knight took notice of the shadowed figure sitting perched on the King's throne. The dark shape moved ever so subtly, the movement akin to that of a contained chuckle. As Nadya neared the throne the figure appeared to actually be chuckling quite hysterically and upon noticing the knight's presence it leaned forward and rested it head into it's hand. The shadow slowly composed itself and stood from the throne. As they stood Nadya proclaimed that she was sent to thwart the evil Ghost Queen and her reign over the castle, to which the figure laughed even harder at her reply.

"You say you've come to thwart me? The Ghost Queen they call me, what a lame title for all the trouble I went through to get here. I had hoped the villagers would be more creative, but I guess it'll have to do. Alright then, it is I the Ghost Queen, though I am no ghost. And you are here to challenge me go right ahead, but first at least hear me out in order to set the history straight and prevent this from turning into another hilarious fairy tale." And with that Caroline the Ghost Queen took her seat and began to recount her tale, with a devilish smirk the whole while.

The Ghost Queen wrote:Image
Name;; Caroline
Lineage;; Daughter of King Randal and past Queen Ellen
Age;; 27, supposedly deceased and died at birth
No records exist of her possible existence.
Only other records say that the King had recently been hallucinating and seeing an older version of his daughter roaming the castles, like a ghost.

I wasn't what the King had wanted in his first born. He was expecting a son to carry on his legacy. I also ruined everything for him because his wife, my mother, had not survived the birth. To him I was not an innocent new born child, I was a monster that ruined his entire life in minutes. And what do you do with a monster? You slay them. I heard he took one long look at me and then ordered the guards to dispose of me in the woods.
I don't really have memories of this time, but I do remember the feeling of cold that encapsulated me in the forest. I don't know how long I was left out there, but eventually there came the calls of hounds and the thudding gallop of horses. A hunting party came across me and in their shock noticed the royal emblem on my blanket. The head of the party, an older Duke named Winsel, gently picked me up and ended the hunt. He caressed me as his horse swiftly brought us to his house. And it was that man who saved my life.
Duke Winsel was an amazing father. He was too old to have children himself and had never found a wife, so in his mind I was his miracle. He named me Caroline after his grandmother and spoiled me like I was his princess. The Duke's house was so warm and caring, I have never felt anything else like it in my life. Even his servants were treated like family and I was their precious little angel.

Sadly though, that happiness didn't last.
Because Winsel was a Duke he was in close contact with King Randal and often meet with him along with the other Dukes. One day during a furious argument he let a bit of information slip. Then the King realized that Winsel knew about the daughter he had abandoned in the woods. Furious the King took Winsel aside and he spilled all the information. Learning that his daughter, currently the only heir to the throne, was alive enraged him. But the King was cunning. He told the Duke that he appreciated him taking her in because he was not in the right mind after his wife had passed on. The Duke, being kind and understanding took him at his words.

However, that night as we went to sleep the King's knights arrived. I was shaked awake by Winsel who was in a fury. I smelt smoke as I coughed and was dragged down the stairs. I was thrust outside and suddenly it dawned on me. Our house was on fire. Winsel gave me a tight hug and whispered to run and hide in the woods. Then the Duke ran back inside, likely to wake up more of the staff and get them to safety, however as I ran into the forest I heard a loud pop. I turned around and saw the entire mansion burst into flames. I fell onto the damp muddy forest floor and began to sob. As I trudged through the dark I slowly came to the realization that I was left alone in the woods again, all because of my true father.

It was then that I realized what needed to be done.

Though I had never been to the castle Winsel had taught me all about it's layout and guard schedule. Mostly just at dinner time for conversation, never expecting it to become if use to me. However looking back I now appreciate those small talks about the King because they are what allowed me to prepare for my revenge.

I waited about 3 years. Long enough for the King to believe I hadn't made it out of the fire and for me to prepare. Honestly very little preparation was needed, it almost felt too easy. I got close to the castle guards by bribing them pies and other treats every other day at lunch. So much so that they began to give me personal tours of the castle grounds. I learned the routine of King Randal through his personal attendant who often sneak away from his royal highness to chat with me when I was on a tour. The final piece fell in place when I acquired an accomplice. One of the servants had become entirely frustrated with the King and began trying yo gather others to start a mutany. His name was Richard and I informed him that if he helped me I would take care of his current employer. He smiled as we shook hands and the plan was set in motion.

Richard and I informed the guards that we had started dating and that I would be visiting the castle often to see him. Richard got permission from the head of staff and I officially was able to roam the castle. It was then that I fashioned a mask. Modeled after a plague mask but painted to look like the wood from the trees in the forest I had been abandoned. I then began to visit my father.

It started out simply. Just walk by the dining hall during a meal or a meeting. About once a week the King would glance confused at my presence. Then I made our meetings more frequent. Everyday I would appear somewhere, but when the King asked about the lady with a mask no one would know who he was talking about. He slowly became more confused and my more frequent visits drove him crazy. It wasn't until he visited with the castle doctor that I visited him in his bed chamber. As King Randal had laid in his bed I knocked on the window and let myself in. He looked shocked and as who I was and what I was doing. All I said was a simple phrase, but apparently it was so surprising that he fainted immediately.

"You don't recognize me father?"

That visit was my last as the King drove himself insane after that meeting. He continually exclaimed about a ghost in the castle that had come to haunt him. After months of these shrieks and terror attacks the doctor recommended he be sent to the insane asylum. Due to know living heirs being known the Dukes and other landowners came together and formed a sort of parliament to rule. Because of the rumors of a ghost in the castle many believed an evil Ghost had come to overthrow the King, thus leaving many to not take step in the building since. However some brave souls wander here once in a while and leave to tell stories of the shadow of a lady sitting on the throne.

The Ghost Queen wrote:So that's what happened. For the first few weeks i had never felt more alive or powerful. I had avenged myself and mt real father, the one who cared for me. However things got quote around here. Richard got a job working for a Duchess so he left the castle. Ever since things have been kinda lonely. I do t regret what I did, not even a little bit because it also helped the villagers gain a better ruling system. But I can't say that many days aren't filled with me wandering these cold halls and wishing to see Winsel smile again. Truly I have come to what I feel like is the end of my time. I accomplished the only goal I ever had for my life, and now I don't know what to do with it. So if you've come to slay me knight then do what you must.

I took everything and thus nothing is left for me.

Credits wrote:Gifs of castle - by waffle02 (that's me!)
Beautiful bust of Caroline - by HannahBug
Nadya the Knight - owned by me
Also just wanted to wish you good luck with judging and good luck to all the entrants for this beautiful kal! I hope they go yo a lovely home!
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zelery » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Please judge this competition asap, as it has been over a month since it has ended.
Thank you!
(When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke,)──────────────────

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ʟɪᴠᴇs ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ

[Need Help?]

───────────
[about me][useful links]

───────────────────────────────────( but sometimes life is scary and dark. )
XXXXXXX[That is why we must find the light.]
Zelery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:29 am

Thank you all for being so patient with me! It was lovely to read all your forms and I thank you so much for participating. To start with I’d like to offer HM’s to
waffle02 - SilhouetteStation - 76heart - ThePuppeteer - Peppermint mist - Yuroshi - rainichi

And the winner of this kal is S-Simplicity! Take good care of Yuli ❤️

Best of luck to all of you in future competitions and again thank you so much for joining!

doll and icon by kivr
Kyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 am

ahhh huge congrats s-simplicity! i really look forward to seeing yuli around!!!

thank you loads for the HM as well, and congrats to the other HM winners! <3333
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:41 am

congrats!! and thanks for the hm <3
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:56 am

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Everyone had these wonderful forms!
Thank you so much!
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:54 pm

Congrats s-simplicity, I loved your form!!! I’m excited to see what more you’ll do with the lovely lass~
And congrats to the other Hm winners as well, this seemed like it would be a nightmare to judge, I loved all the entries!!
Thank you so much for the HM ❤️❤️

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:26 pm

Congrats S-Simplicity!! Feel free to have the art from my entry.
Also thank you for the HM! Everyone did a great job in the competition :3
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Congrats S-Simplicity! And tysm for the Hm, congrats to the other Hm winners as well! <3
x

x
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me