Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:57 am

Prompt #7 with Cody.

Poor Cody stumbled open an unsuspecting Kalon taking a bath....
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beautea » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:57 am

beautea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yen. » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:57 am

Prompt Seven
Featuring: Synesthesia
277 words

What a lovely voice, one that sang of sorrows. Singing like the world was crumbling down and these were the final words. It was alluring, drawing Synesthesia towards it like a magnet. It caught her in the middle of the night, but still she felt like she was gliding as she followed the sweet sound. Past the crumbled logs that once held a fire, past Callisto's sleeping body, past the uncountable number of trees that swayed slightly in the nighttime breeze. The kalon was blind in the darkness, but the singing carved a path that led her straight to the source. Emerging from the trees, there was suddenly light again. A half moon reflected on a glassy lake. The moonlight illuminated a strangers face, red from the tears they spilled.
    The singing ceased, and silence ensued. The lone figure looked up at where Synesthesia stood, half shaded by the trees. The air was empty between them.
    The hairs along Synesthesia's spine prickled as she returned the stranger's gaze. Their eyes were bright, filled with hostility at her presence. White eyes. Needles of fear struck through Synesthesia's chest, feeling empty without the singing to entrance her.
    The stranger must have said something, but Synesthesia never heard it. The world was spinning around her, noise in her ears blocking out everything. run away, run away, run away! her mind screamed at her. Those eyes looked like they could burn through Synesthesia's forehead, filled with both sadness and fury.
    Taking a few steps back, Synesthesia stumbled over her own feet. She got up running, disappearing into the darkness of the forest and back to the campsite as fast as possible.
千年孤單的星河

──yen • he/him

──kalons

──zzzz....

.是否還能掙脫
yen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby King Andre » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:57 am

Small embers glowed in the small smoking circle that was last nights fire. The morning sky was a pale blue, and birds chirped and all creatures began to stir from their slumber. The lean frame of teenage Anthony was already upright, legs dangling from the solid branch of a tree many yards in the air as he surveyed the land before him. Nothing but tree's and more tree's for miles he concluded with a sigh. Abel and Donn were slumped against a tree, both probably stayed awake in shifts, as Donn clutched the large great-sword in one of his hands.

With a quiet thump Anthony landed on the ground, waking the two other members of the party. Spreading open the map, Anthony led the party deeper into the forest after gathering their items and stretching their limbs. A melodic. almost trance inducing call sounded behind them, away from the direction they were supposed to be heading, and against better judgment the youngest member ran towards it.

A teal, glowing pool was found in a clearing, and in the center of it a woman sitting on a stone formation. Her beauty was unmatched, and her voice was like honey, soothing and attractive. Yet, as he had learned in previous, nothing good comes of odd strangers in clearings, and something about the woman made him uneasy. So, ignoring the sirens call, which he was certain was of ill intent, he exited the small forest clearing and caught up with the other two party members, much to their bewilderment.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benjeep » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am

Prompt 7: ft Launcelot
Lancelot decided to join in with his new singing frog companion!
no name brand™ // transman // adult // raging gay // infp // kylux and harringrove trash
benjeep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[prompt 7]

Postby Mima » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

Nameless was quick to be suspicious of the long, legato notes from deeper inside the forest. However, it seemed as though Furin was content to ignore them, aimlessly trekking with his eyes on the ground, even though he knew full well that they just happened to be coming from the very direction the two of them were heading. Nameless had to say something for the adolescent Kalon's boldness, but some very different things about his common sense. If he even had any.

Though they traveled for what seemed like miles since they had first heard the otherworldly singing, it never seemed to get any closer or farther away. Though Nameless's ears still told him that it was coming from directly in front of them. It was... strange. There was definitely something going on. Some sort of magic, or something. Perhaps a siren, or a forest nymph? They were, to be honest, both things Nameless had no time or business to be dealing with.

Unfortunately, life isn't always nice enough to let you choose what today's challenge will be.

The duo at last came upon an area where the bit of dull grey light of the overcast sky was beginning to dapple through the overhanging trees. Ahead, there was a clearing- at the very center of which was a pond, at the very center of which was a beautiful female Kalon, seemingly floating above the water. The hair on her head seemed long and silky enough to shroud her whole body, though at the moment it was tossed aside in a loose braid. She almost seemed... glowy. Nameless took caution to divert his eyes quickly. After a moment, he thought to put a paw over Furin's too, the youngster not seeming to have an objection to not looking but rather to being touched suddenly.

Both of them diverted their eyes as they approached. Nameless had heard many stories of the bewitching forest spirits of old, and Furin was pretty perceptive when he had been told it was "like those mermaid ones", which presumably anyone with any reading experience had heard. Though the pond was wide, when Nameless took a step in, it seemed quite shallow- no, more than shallow. He could step right onto the glittering blue surface with no effort at all. That was... not normal. Hesitantly he placed all four paws on the glassy surface, Furin right behind. He cleared his throat, looking back up at the Kalon woman, who still seemed to be facing away from them.

But when her head whipped around, her eyes were inky black, oozing down her face.

"You're the thieves who stole my-"

He didn't have time to say a word before she melted into shadow, dispersing into the water below like oil. His legs fell out from under him, as if the glassy surface of water had just shattered into a million pieces and he was now dropping like a thrown stone. At once he felt a hundred thousand hands grasping out at every part of his body, dragging him down further and further into the depths. The air in his lungs burned. Though he was trying his best to hold his breath, soon he felts the claws of darkness prying at his jaws, his own paws helpless to stop them.

He breathed in.

He gasped a choking gasp, sitting upright instantly in the tent, loud enough to startle Furin awake, and the possum too.

[573 words]

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

—  s e v e n   —
      s u m m a r y

aka lys will write this chapter in full later outside the event / won't be counted for judging
      too distracted today to write a full thing ;_;

this will be the tale of the trio encountering one known as the boneseer in the center of the forest. her swamp — her home, wrapped in vine and moss — is a towering tree from which bones bang and clatter in the wind like morbid wind chimes. she is wary at first, attacking the group with an impressive might before kale invokes the help of the caretaker, who placates the boneseer with a few words of trust. she then allows the trio to stay for the night, exchanging information in return for items held by the trio. mephis particularly catches her attention, as she herself is something of a fortune teller — in fact, she is a fortune teller of the highest degree; a seer, a prophet. her sight goes far beyond mephis' own, and she inquires about a past mephis hesitates to speak of even in the midst of those closest to him. truths are revealed — as the thaumaturgists speak, kale and cadence go off on their own.

[167]

┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

Prompt 7
[828 words]

"I don't care how long you'll be taking!" growled Ramey. "Are you trying to get yourselves killed?!"
They didn't seem to pay him any mind, and with a disgruntled groan, he followed after them.
Fay had noticed the song first and nudged Galena, who'd given her sword to Ramey to help cut a path. Whispering into her ear, Galena noticed it too - And, intrigued, Fay had slipped her way into the brush, no longer concerned about the poisonous plants Ramey had warned them of a while before, Galena following close behind. Ramey hadn't noticed for another minute or two, at which point it struck him how quiet his companions had gotten. When he turned back and found the path of bent foliage where they'd snuck away into the woods he yelled at them to knock it off, but they were too curious to stop now, insisting that they would be only a moment.
It was only a few minutes later that they found themselves standing before a pool of glowing, shimmering water, banks surrounded by moss glowing a soft, deep green and colorful, luminescent mushrooms popping up from tree stumps near the water's edge. In the center of the pool sat what looked to be a Kalon, almost, singing a song in a language they didn't recognize. Galena and Fay were awestruck - Ramey seemed unimpressed and wary.
Fay crept closer.
"Don't," Ramey warned, lantern flaring.
"But they're beautiful," Fay whispered, stepping closer, to where her paws nearly touched the water's surface. "They sing like Fi. You know how much I love Fi."
"Fi is a video game character who is not real, and whatever that thing is, you will not be touching it or that water or any of this glowing crap. Back away."
Galena turned to look back at him. "They don't seem malicious," she said, walking up next to Fay. "I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to say hello."
"Yeah, besides, you glow, too."
"That thing has a fish tail, dragonfly wings, six eyes and limbs, a mouth of sharp teeth, and iridescent fur. It absolutely would hurt to say hello."
"...I'm gonna go swim over," Fay said, reaching out to step into the water.
A lot of things happened at once in that next second. The creature's song stopped for just a moment, and it grinned with a mouth of razor teeth and scratched long, sharp claws against the rock it was perched atop. Ramey's vines shot up from the earth, several reaching across the water and knocking Fay and Galena back towards him. Another bunch of vines shot towards the creature, knocking it off the rock and into the pool, where it splashed and screamed an ungodly noise and dove down as from his lantern he launched a tornado of fire across the pond, singing the vines he pulled back and destroying the glowing moss and mushrooms along the banks.
And then everything was quiet and still save for the chirping of the birds and the ripples across the now normal, not p-glowing surface of the pond.
Fay and Galena struggled to get their breath back as Ramey glared at the pond, then at them, then back at the pond.
"Hah... Ah..." Fay groaned, struggling to recover from having the wind knocked out of her so suddenly. "Augh... Tory, what was that for?! We were... Ugh... We weee just gonna say hi to them!"
He turned around, satisfied that the creature had fled. "For one named Fay, you really have no knowledge of the Fair Folk. Be thankful I drove that one off." With his middle set of arms he grabbed Galena and Fay both by the scruffs of their necks. "We need to go, now. They don't take kindly to being attacked."
Ramey dashed away, the two Kalons struggling in his grip as he made a trail through the woods without even bothering to cut down the bushes in his way, before at last they came to a stop amongst the trees. He dropped the smaller Kalons and pulled out the swords he'd taken from them.
"Take these back and don't you dare lose them," he growled, pushing them into their paws. "They're cheap, but they're the best we have for now."
"The best of what?" Galena asked, taking the replica Goddess Sword back from Ramey. For a moment she felt a splitting headache, and then it passed, and her head felt a bit clearer.
"The best we have in terms of iron. Unless you want to be dragged into their world and never be allowed to return, you'll want to deter them as best you can, and these cheap things are all we have."
Fay rolled her eyes and took her sword back as well, still clearly irritated with his actions earlier, and Ramey sighed, satisfied.
Why there were these sorts of faeries in Kalokairi, Ramey didn't know, but did know he and the others wouldn't be taking their chances with them again.
Last edited by Goddess Sword on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Current time and date:
May 30, 2021 at 4:10 PM EDT.
Currently:
~Oops 🤪~
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ibolya » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:59 am

PROMPT SEVEN

ft. Sylvester
Last edited by ibolya on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ibolya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apprentice_ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 pm

[ login : rainichi ] day five
    characters;
        onion || lvl 3 alchemist || lawful good || 19 y/o
      a farmer who used to travel a lot ! he's pretty useless in general, but he tries really hard! when he does manage to do something right, it's a big help. he likes to talk about his chickens.

lis || lvl 173 knight || neutral good || 23 y/o
      lis is a knight without a permanent home! she's the most useful member of the party when if comes to fighting, but she can be both airheaded and hotheaded. she just has a big head all around. she's p cute tho

reuben || lvl 48 archer || true neutral || 21 y/o
      kind of a jerk |'D reuben is always just looking for some fun, regardless of what he has to do to get it. he's kind of shady actually.
      best not leave him alone for too long.

for more information on these characters, you can click their names !!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

woops, just a random mermaid |'D

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

im chi | they/them | spicy & undead
──────────────────────
links artshop
fern lyn
──────────────────────

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist