Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

🐟 Reef Rescue 🐟 - CLOSED by hiraeth + hound

Based on Click to view
Artist hiraeth + hound [gallery]
Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

🐟 Reef Rescue 🐟 - CLOSED

Postby hiraeth + hound » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm

As you walk into the biggest activity hut on the beach you're met with isles of small tanks lined together on tables. Inside the tanks are what seem to be various colors and shapes of corals, all in different stages of growth. You're approached by a very light colored bull, who doesn't look too happy to see you. He speaks to you without looking at you, and instead is looking carefully at the different tanks.

Enke wrote:
    Hello. I am Enke. Please don't touch any of the tanks or tap the glass.
    (Wow, so welcoming..)
    While you're here on vacation, you might as well do some good. It's no surprise our coral reefs are bleaching and dying more and more by the day, thanks to chemicals changing in the water and other causes which, no surprise, are our fault. So, you'll be helping me out.

=================================================================================

Information wrote: This booth will function like daily prompts, but with a twist! Every day there will be a new prompt for you to answer, either with art or with writing. When you answer and complete these prompts, you will add a new spurt of growth to your coral! As you complete these prompts throughout the event your coral will grow and evolve until it is a healthy, thriving adult! If you manage to grow it into its prime state and complete all 10 prompts, you will get a special badge and prize from Enke! At the end of the event, these coral will be relocated and released into the wild, where Enke will continue to grow and care for them until they replenish the island's dwindling coral reef!

Guidelines wrote:♦ All writing must be at least 100 words.
♦ All art must be at least a clear, visible sketch.
♦ New rounds will start immediately after the previous one ends. Which happens at CS Rollover (7 PM CST) every day!
♦ Every day, there will also be entries that will be judged and placed 1st through 3rd place. If you manage to place, you will win bonus currency! Everyone will win a small amount of currency for still completing a prompt, however.
♦ At the end of the event, you will receive an amount of currency based on how well Enke thinks you've grown your coral!

=================================================================================

Coral Growing Tree wrote:
Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

ImageImageImageImageImage

Stage 5

Stage 6

Stage 7
-Mutants-

Stage 8
-Mutants-
-Ultra Rare Mutants-

Stage 9
??????????

Stage 10
?
Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt Winners

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 am

Winners of the previous days will be listed here!
===============================

Day 1
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 2
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 3
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 4
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 5
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 6
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 7
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 8
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 9
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Day 10
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Today's Prompt

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:28 am

Check back here every day to see what the new prompt is!
Current round ends: 9 PM (CST) on June 19th.

Today's Prompt:
What is your coral’s send off like? Where do you release them? Write a heartfelt goodbye letter.

? ? ? ? ?

Code: Select all
[b]Prompt 9[/b]
==============
Username:
Write your coral a goodbye letter! 

Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 am, edited 15 times in total.
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🐟 Reef Rescue 🐟 - OPEN, DAY 1

Postby skip » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:47 am

Prompt 1
==============
Username: ➷.River.➷
What is your coral's name?: Milo
How did you come up with it?: I sit down on a soft comfy chair, in the midst of a room. The room is warm and comforting, all worries rush away. I look at a picture of the deep blue sea, and wonder of what I could call a beautiful piece of coral. I think of my surroundings, so calm and comforting. That's it! A soft and comforting name will suit a lovely coral. I think deep into my memory, what has been something of comfort and peace to me? I think harder. Finally I remember, a calm walk in the woods along a creek. On that walk I wasn't alone, I was in the presence of something comforting and reassuring. A face forms in my mind of a creature who brought me such happiness and warmth. The creature had walked beside me before, along a sandy shore with waves dancing at our feet. A time when I felt cold and alone in a room, I was met with a warm and comforting presence. I smile with the memories flooding through my mind. The creature was sweet, and I know the name. Milo, my sweet old dog. I loved the joys Milo brought me, oh what a sweet boy. Milo it shall be. Milo who loved to dance in the ocean waves, Milo who brought warmth into a freezing room, that is what the coral shall be called.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
tracking this pet sent to pound on 4.19.2020
Want to join Furrypaws a game about breeding and training dogs? Click this link to use my referral, pick a dog and a name then continue with the sign up process!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/1550930
skip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// sana the super awesome coral

Postby parlaymars » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:03 am

x
      Prompt 1
      ==============
      username: qunari
      coral's name: sana
      reason for the name: i've recently started watching a norwegian teenage show about (shocker) a group of loosely-affiliated teenagers from extremely different backgrounds/experiences/languages/cultures, etc. etc. etc. one of them has the name sana - she's strong-willed and independent - a real fighter. i've watched two seasons in three days, made tatters of my sleep schedule, and do not regret a single thing. and? (to be honest) 'sana' is a really beautiful name even without the connotations of the show. (i thought about naming this little coral friend 'even', another name from the show; but ended up going with my first choice.) a quick look through the first few results on google search tells me that sana means light and radiance - to shine dazzlingly, to glitter, to glow. other sources list it as meaning praise, brilliance, and glory. in arabic, the word sana is used to describe lightning - so not only does sana mean glow, but it means the glow of lightning - a natural phenomenon both powerful and electric. i hope this coral's growth can be just as wild and untamable as the storms for which they are named! i'm not too worried, though. anything named after the brilliant flash of heat lightning in the midst of a storm is bound to live up to their namesake c:
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:06 am

Prompt 1
    ==============
    Username: Areater
    What is your coral's name?: sea
    How did you come up with it?: otter blushed at the question. "well, you see, i know it's not the best name for a coral, or really for anything, but i just thought it'd be cute if our names matched a little. ya'know, sea otter? i've always been more of a river or stream kinda gal, seeing that i live in a forest on the mountains and all, but i still like the ocean. that's why i'm here for vacation. would be a pretty terrible vacation if i didn't like saltwater. maybe i'll call her cece - is that how you spell that nickname? should i call her seasea? oh well, it's the thought that counts. it's not like she can hear me," she chuckled, realizing she hadn't really taken a breath that whole time. "she's a pretty little thing, ain't she?" she asked. she started to reach out to stroke the coral with her hoof, then realized that might hurt the little coral and backed off. "maybe i should've just called her susie or something like that," she murmured to herself, but by then she was set on the name "sea" for her little coral. she couldn't wait to watch her grow and be released at the end of her little vacation. [205 words]
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
x
x
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
hecking moo.
β‡’ she/her β‡ 
β‡’ atheist β‡ 
β‡’ queer β‡ 
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
x
x
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Imagex
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 am

Prompt 1
==============
Username: cautiousculpeo
What is your coral's name?: Aurelie - Feminine form of the Latin Aurelius (golden), a name derived from aurum (gold).
How did you come up with it?: Arati Atari smiled at the question, looking down at the tank to see the tiny orangeish yellow coral with the water swirling around it. "Well you see i named her after her beautiful golden colour. She is so bright and beautiful so i wanted to name her Aurelie but i think i will call her Aure for short!" The heifer looked down, nose touching the edge of the water in the tank.
"HEY! NO TOUCHING THE WATER" Enke snapped and the lurched her head up, looking sheepishly around the small group of cows tending to their small water organisms. She sheepishly apologized, before turning her gaze down at the little coal again, she was so small but soon would be huge and a great part of the environment around her. This small little creature was the future to sustain the ocean and all of its inhabitants and Atari was excited with the commitment of taking care of such a special being.
"I love you little Aure." She whispered before hugging the tank close and pressing her nose to the glass. "I will make sure nothing bad ever happens to you i promise!" She cooed through the glass wall of the tank.

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 am

x
    Prompt 1
    ==============
    Username: Micki.
    What is your coral's name?: Maui
    How did you come up with it?:
      Mia scoffs at the question, "How dare you ask me that?"

Before Enke knows it, the heifer lets out a loud, dramatic breath and launches into a rant:

"I don't need to explain myself - and certainly not to the likes of you! And when I'm trying to help out your-" she pauses very briefly to look around the hut before settling on the right words, "Your little operation! That's what a girl gets for trying to do some good in the world, and how sad is that? Why can't a girl simply want to help out the environment, help out the ocean? Why must you know all the inner workings of my mind for that simple little task?"

Mia looks at him with a raised eyebrow, clearly expecting a response, but the bull just stares blankly back at her before turning his attention back to the tanks around the hut. She scoffs again, clearly even more infuriated by his apathy, but decides to roll her eyes - very dramatically, of course, just to show him how annoyed she is - instead of launching into another rant.

Enke looks back at her, still waiting for her response, and the heifer lets out a sharp exhale.

"Fine! I chose the name Maui because it happens to be the name of someone very special to me, okay? Can we leave it at that?"

Another eye roll.

More apathy.

Growing more and more frustrated with the bull, Mia makes a sound somewhere between a growl and a shriek, "It was the name of the pet goldfish I had in first grade, okay?!"
    x
    Micki β€’ she / her β€’ slytherin β€’ shy n stressed
    young adult β€’ college student β€’ EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby β™”Voltaireβ™” » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 am

Prompt 1
==============
Username: β™”Voltaireβ™”
What is your coral's name?: Sayōnara
How did you come up with it?:

Pisces knelt down to get a better look at the small rock settled in the fine sand blanketing the bottom of the tank. Her eyes seemed to become hazy with sadness, which quickly was replaced with a look of resolve. Looking back up she gave Enke a small, melancholy smile, knowing all too well he didn't care about such trivial things as names. Her eyes returned to the tank, and the small rock inside.

"Sayōnara. It means goodbye," she whispered, her eyes tracing the outline of the small gray lump buried in the sand, "It's a beautiful word, but sad of course. However, I think it's better to remind myself not to become too attached; it would be selfish of me to want to keep this little guy to myself when the rest of the ocean needs him more than I do."

Her eyes shined as she looked back up at the grumpy bull, not caring if he was staring straight at her or ignoring her presence. She let out a small laugh, thinking to herself of the future memories she will make with this gift to the sea. "You know what? Yeah. Sayōnara will be its name. I think naming it "goodbye" will drive me to make him as big and as beautiful as possible, so then when I have to say goodbye, I'll be content knowing he... he made it. He made it to the ocean and I had a part in it."
xxx
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════
β™—
β™˜
β™–
sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β™”Voltaireβ™”

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayfire213 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 am

Prompt 1
==============
Username: klovesugar2
What is your coral's name?: Grace
How did you come up with it?: Clair laughed, a bit sheepish at the query, coloring faintly beneath the ivory and rosewood fur of her pelt as she thought about her reasoning. Settling after a moment, a warm smile curled across her muzzle as she recounted a year not so very long ago. She had been helping out with one of the local theater productions of The Little Mermaid, a simple school affair, working behind the scenes to help ensure everything was built on time, and then running around like a headless chicken during the show to move everything around between set changes.

She wasn't the one in charge of the coral then, rather she was making a giant rock for a seagull to play around on, but the heifer who was in charge of the coral fell sick and couldn't get her part done. A few bovines pitched in to help cover for the poor dear, including herself, some building coral for props, or accessories for other pieces, while she was painting the periaktoi for the underwater scenes. She heard others were taking notes for her in their shared classes, however theater was the only one she personally had in common with the other bovine. Well, apparently no one had told her one word about this, just for her not to worry about anything but getting better... Goodness was she surprised when she finally came back, still looking a bit ill but appearing determined to get it done in time, only to find that all her work was already done!

She was a sweet girl, and her hair was colored as vibrantly as any coral could ever hope to be, that year, so, in honor of her and those memories, of everyone coming together to help the buttermilk with coral colored hair ... Well, it's a nickname she recalls the other having.
Toyhouse

Elementals
Customs

she/her pronouns

Art by LaurenBlu
(Flight Rising / DeviantArt)
Bayfire213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes